These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Mission - Ship advice to solo them including fittings

First post
Author
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#961 - 2015-12-15 06:35:24 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
Well 2nd crappiest. But I guess the gurista one was DOA anyways so it doesn't really count as a burner Lol

I noticed the LP went up a bit after I ran it. I'm assuming the reward algorithm requires at least some completions. half guessing I was the first one to do it on tq, although I wouldn't be surprised to hear a few people ran it on/near patch day.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#962 - 2015-12-15 07:33:27 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Anize Oramara wrote:
Well 2nd crappiest. But I guess the gurista one was DOA anyways so it doesn't really count as a burner Lol

I noticed the LP went up a bit after I ran it. I'm assuming the reward algorithm requires at least some completions. half guessing I was the first one to do it on tq, although I wouldn't be surprised to hear a few people ran it on/near patch day.

I loved the concept, don't get me wrong. The rewards considering the time and difficulty though just seem so out of sync, even with normal lv4s. And that's even with theoretical maximum rewards. Maybe I'll run the numbers again some time.

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#963 - 2015-12-15 08:55:18 UTC
I ballparked the gurista base around 180m/hour. bounty portion is low, and time is pretty long. I guessed 13mins for full completion (accept to turn in) off of my ~11m completion time. also don't have exact mission rewards/bonus/lp so I said 2m/2m/12000 lp.

a 10 or even 11 min blood base burner should beat 200m/hour. I guessed with 3.5mil bounty+reward and ~10k lp. Then there are the 8-10min serpentis/angel bases which are just awesome.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#964 - 2015-12-15 10:23:23 UTC
You used the amarr BC to run the site?

A guide (Google Doc) to Hi-Sec blitzing and breaking the 200mill ISK/H barrier v1.2.3

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#965 - 2015-12-15 11:03:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Is there a viable non Gila-based alternative for the Ashimmu Burner?

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#966 - 2015-12-15 16:47:03 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Is there a viable non Gila-based alternative for the Ashimmu Burner?

Onyx is slow
Drake Navy Issue passive tanked with Cal Navy Hams is expensive but fast
Cerb ancil fit it somewhere in the middle

Technically could easily be done in any missile+ancil boost ship, like a Cyclone.

The only thing that makes it worth it is the Ashimmu sometimes drops sleeper loot worth quite a bit. No idea why, but it does.

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#967 - 2015-12-15 16:53:49 UTC
Market McSelling Alt wrote:

Interesting. Have a fit or link to a fit I could check out?

Market McSelling Alt
Doomheim
#968 - 2015-12-15 17:18:27 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

damage control, BCS in lows, Purger rigs, Large shield extenders and 2x EM 1x Therm passive resist.

Go T2 Ham or Cal Navy launchers and cal navy missiles. Thermal for Sentinels, Kin for Ashimmu.

Go with Hobgob Is for drones.

Sidenote: Todays patch seems to so far tone down the drone aggro... I think it was a "bug"

CCP Quant: Of all those who logon in Eve, 1.5% do Incursions, 13.8% PVP and 19.2% run Missions while 22.4% mine.

40.7% Join a fleet. The idea that Eve is a PVP game is false, the social fabric is in Missions and Mining.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#969 - 2015-12-15 18:41:25 UTC
Anize Oramara wrote:
You used the amarr BC to run the site?

vigilant with the same rigs and sharing fitting with the angel base https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6068439#post6068439

it seemed to be the same on TQ, although since I didn't run it for a while or carefully read my notes I made some mistakes and it went a little longer. Also I ran it on a different character so I had the optimal implants. mostly ****** up on heating the guns, but also a bit of positioning/transversal management. and remembering to reload between waves is recommended. I'm still not sure if switching between javelin for the fighters and CN antimatter for the bombers is worth it?

Arthur Aihaken wrote:

damage control, BCS in lows, Purger rigs, Large shield extenders and 2x EM 1x Therm passive resist.

Go T2 Ham or Cal Navy launchers and cal navy missiles. Thermal for Sentinels, Kin for Ashimmu.

Go with Hobgob Is for drones.

Sidenote: Todays patch seems to so far tone down the drone aggro... I think it was a "bug"

I have a few navy drakes sitting around tempted to give them a try. Guessing from the LP reward a bunch of people said screw it and just run it in a drake or something? I don't have a better way to explain the LP reward as it is. Although if drone aggro is back to "normal" then staying with the gila is probably better.

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#970 - 2015-12-17 00:59:34 UTC
Looks like a few gankers in Lanngisi targeting typical burner mission frigates in insta thrashers, already have a few very shiny kills. AKA why I'd never fly a 3x faction bcu garmur. And totally makes me want to go full on Pirate yarr! every time I see one posted. apparently a few people actually fly them in game and in an SoE hub.

Anize Oramara
WarpTooZero
#971 - 2015-12-17 01:02:47 UTC
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
Looks like a few gankers in Lanngisi targeting typical burner mission frigates in insta thrashers, already have a few very shiny kills. AKA why I'd never fly a 3x faction bcu garmur. And totally makes me want to go full on Pirate yarr! every time I see one posted. apparently a few people actually fly them in game and in an SoE hub.

Lol, took them long enough.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#972 - 2015-12-17 01:11:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Chainsaw Plankton wrote:
I have a few navy drakes sitting around tempted to give them a try. Guessing from the LP reward a bunch of people said screw it and just run it in a drake or something? I don't have a better way to explain the LP reward as it is. Although if drone aggro is back to "normal" then staying with the gila is probably better.

The Navy Drake isn't going to cut it - not unless you drop a few BCS in lieu of shield power relays (which will really neuter your DPS). I managed to kill one Sentinel and get the Ashimmu into armor before I bit it (and that was using drones as bait, too). I think you'd need a minimum of 2 shield power relays, but the loss of DPS will also prolong how long you have to tank incoming damage.

Chainsaw Plankton wrote:

Just imagine if Lanngisi was a 0.4 system...

Anize Oramara wrote:
Lol, took them long enough.

They're just inherently lazy... Lol

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#973 - 2015-12-17 02:15:56 UTC
If lanngisi was a 0.4 I doubt anyone would be having any of these conversations at this point :p

I avoided lanngisi for a long time, and was surprised when I pretty much never saw anything that suggested ganking was a thing the whole time I've been there. I ran in apanake for a while and didn't really see much there, but on the KBs there was usually a marauder gank every day, although I haven't looked that way in a long time now. and then the last 12 hours have been lulz. Honestly surprised it doesn't happen more often

Switching subjects: My Gila fit tanks 260 vs the ashimmu, and can refit up to 446 tanked with an extra thermal amp and a SPR. According to http://games.chruker.dk/eve_online/item.php?type_id=34785 it does 360 dps (260 EM 100 therm) Navy Drake can easily do similar or better. I guess my question there is what refits do I want, and how much damage can I apply? Looking in chrukker I think a fed navy web would be best?

this tanks 355 and looking at chruker looks like it would probably apply surprisingly well. The sentinals are pretty fat for burner frigs, although they look to fly just out of web range. and Hams apply well to cruisers. And it should be easy to bring extra SPR/LSE to refit into if the tank does look like an issue.
[Drake Navy Issue, burner ash]
Ballistic Control System II
Shield Power Relay II

Pithum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum B-Type EM Ward Amplifier
Pithum A-Type Thermal Dissipation Amplifier
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Caldari Navy Large Shield Extender
Federation Navy Stasis Webifier

Heavy Assault Missile Launcher II, Caldari Navy Inferno Heavy Assault Missile

Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Core Defense Field Purger II
Medium Warhead Rigor Catalyst II

Hornet I x5
Hornet I x10

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#974 - 2015-12-17 22:58:25 UTC
Soooo ... there was an interesting link in new player chat to a discussion about missile range and server ticks on Reddit that is relevant to burners:

Quote:
Reddit Link
My favorite part about missiles is the fact that nearly nobody knows how the mechanics actually work. For instance, the distance they travel is not velocity * flight time, because in Eve missiles do not travel for fractions of a second. Instead, a percentage of them travel for a full second longer - and that percentage is related to the fraction of a second of flight time.

So a 10km/s missile with a 5.4s flight time does not travel for 54km, even though EFT (and even the game) says that. It actually travels 50km, with a 40% chance to travel 60km.

This becomes incredibly important on ships with a missile velocity bonus, like the Orthrus for instance.

Missile flight time is 3.75, velocity is 17.3k. EFT (and Eve), says that you have missiles that go 65.2km. In fact, you have missiles that go 52km 25% of the time, and missiles that go 69.5km 75% of the time. Did you think that at 69km, your ~ max range~, you'd be losing a quarter of your DPS?

If you are deciding on rigs, EFT says that a flight time rig and a missile velocity rig have the exact same effect on missile range. But we know better!

Hydraulic Bay Thurster (+ missile velocity)

EFT/Eve says distance of 78215km

The real range is 62.5km (25% of the time) and 83.4km (75% of the time).

vs

Rocket Fuel Cache Partition (flight time)

EFT/Eve says distance of 78215km

The real range is 69.5km 50% of the time, and 86.9 km 50% of the time. As you can see, the Rocket Fuel Cache Partition is pretty superior.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#975 - 2015-12-18 06:05:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
That's really interesting.
I tend to disagree with the assessment that flight time is superior, though. If anything, you're losing any flight time decimal value between integers with server ticks. Ideally you'd want flight time to be as close to .0 as possible, ie: 5.1, 5.2, etc.

Lady Rift
His Majesty's Privateers
#976 - 2015-12-18 15:16:28 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
That's really interesting.
I tend to disagree with the assessment that flight time is superior, though. If anything, you're losing any flight time decimal value between integers with server ticks. Ideally you'd want flight time to be as close to .0 as possible, ie: 5.1, 5.2, etc.

flight time is only superior if you don't care how long it takes your missiles to get to the target and on ships that have extreme bonuses. which amount to 3 ships in effect.
Candy Eriker
Doomheim
#977 - 2015-12-18 17:10:39 UTC
First off, thanks to Anize, Arthur and the usual suspects for contributing so much to the community making it possible for a scrub like me to make isk running burners.

That being said, after having lost about a billion worth of garmurs to wrecking shots (yay for 2 in the space of 10 seconds on this last loss), closed sockets, and now seeing what I feared would eventually happen with ganking, is there something less shiny that can run the team burners effectively?

Even if it's multiple fits or ships for each one, I just can't justify losing a 300-400M isk Garmur every 8th team burner or so (maybe I'm just unlucky but so far that seems to be about the ratio).

Tried LML Hawk and Kestrel, takes FOREVER, just not worth it. Rockets don't get enough range to stay out of the "danger zone" and I think on the one Hawk I tried that did have the range it still takes ALL day.

Guess I need to get back on SiSi and play with this some more but appreciate any advice from the community.
THX!
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#978 - 2015-12-18 18:21:35 UTC  |  Edited by: Chainsaw Plankton
A few options for cheaper setups. Also note Unified daredevil works on the amarr team, although that one is a bit expensive. I would guess you could make a cheaper setup work, but I haven't tried.

1: cheap garmur. Works for everything, I typically approach the burner and then turn around ~30km, and then stay 22-24 km away from the burner and burn out in a straight line (usually right back at the mission beacon). ECM or DPS one or both logi. I typically just stick with navy ammo. Can swap to jav and be effective at over 30km on the burner jag if you want safety. Typically I just sit at 24km or so and use navy.
[Garmur, TeamBurner ECM cheap rocket 2x ecm painter]
Pro-Nav Compact Missile Guidance Enhancer

1MN Afterburner II
BZ-5 Neutralizing Spatial Destabilizer ECM
Phased Weapon Navigation Array Generation Extron

Polarized Rocket Launcher, Caldari Navy Inferno Rocket

Small Hydraulic Bay Thrusters II
Small Rocket Fuel Cache Partition II
Small Ionic Field Projector I

2. cheap retribution, what I typically use for caldari. I've used against gallente and that works, not optimal damage type, but not all that bad either. will probably work vs amarr, I never tried it.
[Retribution, kill it burner ecm kite]
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Heat Sink II
Overdrive Injector System II
Co-Processor II

1MN Y-S8 Compact Afterburner

Small Focused Beam Laser II, Imperial Navy Gamma S
[empty high slot]

Small Energy Locus Coordinator II
Small Energy Locus Coordinator II

3. cheap harpy, what I typically use for burner jag. (perhaps a bit too much optimal, can probably swap a rig for a dps one)
[Harpy, 150mm ECM]
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Magnetic Field Stabilizer II
Co-Processor II

Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I
Coreli A-Type 5MN Microwarpdrive
Cap Recharger II
Enfeebling Phase Inversion ECM I

150mm Railgun II, Caldari Navy Antimatter Charge S
[empty high slot]

Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator II
Small Hybrid Locus Coordinator II

RE: server ticks, I want to see more tests before I believe it. Although I wouldn't be too surprised either way. My rule of thumb is "flight time x velocity * 90%" Although the garmur would probably be a very good test subject with its 1.886s flight time on rockets, not to mention the 150 capacity gives a nice sample size and fast rate of fire means you get the data pretty quickly. I'm pretty sure my rockets are hitting as long as I'm about 90% range, but with 1.7s launch time I'm not counting them out properly either. Also with my fly away in a straight line tactic the NPCs are flying into rocket range and that extends my base range a bit.

Another thing about missiles is they seem to launch in the direction you are flying. if you look at snowballs/fireworks a few interesting things seem to happen. I haven't really studied it just noticed it while flying one day. Although that might be completely incorrect as "missiles" are just a graphical effect and not the actual projectile.

Also with higher velocity missiles the 10% fudge factor seems to be less in play. They accelerate to top speed in the same amount of time as slower missiles. Also they get to the target much faster so spend less time adjusting for the target's movement. my rocket garmur seems to be pretty accurate near its "max" range, even orbiting.

hmm looking at the agility formula "TimeToWarp = -ln(0.25) × Mass_kg × Agility / 1000000" it only takes missiles a fraction of a second to accelerate, at least given the agility and mass from EFT. Although I'm also not 100% sure how to set the formula to get max speed. maybe that isn't as big a factor as previously thought? when whoever posted it it made a lot of sense and the numbers seemed right, perhaps it was just a server tick issue all along?

Eru GoEller
State War Academy
Caldari State
#979 - 2015-12-18 18:43:11 UTC
Arthur Aihaken : "Just imagine if Lanngisi was a 0.4 system..."

Well it is, it's just rounded to 0.5Smile : https://eveeye.com/?opt=Y&x=l&system=Lanngisi
Besides Amo nearby, they are the best mission system i know of in Minnie space.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#980 - 2015-12-18 23:54:31 UTC
Candy Eriker wrote:
First off, thanks to Anize, Arthur and the usual suspects for contributing so much to the community making it possible for a scrub like me to make isk running burners.

That being said, after having lost about a billion worth of garmurs to wrecking shots (yay for 2 in the space of 10 seconds on this last loss), closed sockets, and now seeing what I feared would eventually happen with ganking, is there something less shiny that can run the team burners effectively?

Even if it's multiple fits or ships for each one, I just can't justify losing a 300-400M isk Garmur every 8th team burner or so (maybe I'm just unlucky but so far that seems to be about the ratio).

Tried LML Hawk and Kestrel, takes FOREVER, just not worth it. Rockets don't get enough range to stay out of the "danger zone" and I think on the one Hawk I tried that did have the range it still takes ALL day.

Guess I need to get back on SiSi and play with this some more but appreciate any advice from the community.
THX!

Fly the T2 fitted light missile ECM Garmur. It is a 100 mill ship fitted and becasue it is not polarised it can take a couple of wrecking shots before popping. It is slower to complete the mission but far safer.