These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Parallax - Issues

First post
Author
Martin Corwin
Doomheim
#81 - 2015-11-03 18:03:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Martin Corwin
The new map has some serious rendering issues on my comp. Docked: fast white flickering when rotating it. Undocked: when I have the new map open, rendering seems to pause every half-second/second. Rotating the map or the view in space creates a stick-slip-like effect.

Rendering is smooth when the new map is not open.

Graphics Card: Geforce GTX 660
CPU: i5-3570K
RAM: 16 GB (HyperX)
Trajan Unknown
Reikoku
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#82 - 2015-11-03 18:13:43 UTC
I´ll repost my other post here. Didn´t see this topic when I wrote my stuff Oops
It seems the poster above me (Martin Corwin) has a similiar issue.

Quote:
It seems I am not really able to use my beloved beta map anymore.

In station I can´t see anything on it total black or total white with some geometric, white figures when I zoom in/out. Looks like triangles or so but it´s just flashing so I am not really able to see what it and didn´t spent too much time to figure that out.
When I am in space the map is too laggy to use. Restartting, enabling, disabling and so on and so forth the beta map didn´t work out. Fullscreen or other option for the map didn´t work either. Literally, when I open the map my screen is locked. It looks like the game is losing synchronisation when I open the map because the map wants to update my position in space all the time and since there is the 1second server tick the map can´t handle the input in time and it becomes "laggy". Changing the intervals in settings helps a little bit with the best performance on interval 1 and the worst on 4 and immediate. This made me thinking even more there some out of sync issue here between server refreshing my position in space and on the map.
Hope this helps a little to understand what is happening. I will keep an eye on the this topic and answer any upcoming questions.
Last but not least I am using the beta map since it came out and never looked back for a single session and never had any issues until today.
VirusMD
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#83 - 2015-11-03 18:24:02 UTC
Hey CCP, I can no longer log in at all, i cant even launch the game. Every time i get a message saying my install is "modified or corrupted" https://gyazo.com/dcb519df8e6387a4786ed3c0951f4713

because the launcher is so awesome i never use it normally, like most i just launch directly from the exefile.exe via the bin folder, and only use the launcher when it says i cant connect because there is yet another micro patch. So today i started up the launcher to patch, said client was ready, i launched it and i get the corrupted message.

So i ran the repair tool, its downloaded something like ~25mb said repairs were complete and yet i still get the same corrupted message.

Then tried an uninstall and re-install, again with no success, same corrupted message even via a fresh download from the site.

Then i tried an unistall combined with a manually removal of the CCP folder and the shared cache.... ready for it? CORRUPTED....

So yeah when can i expect my Eve back?
offtherails2010
Astral Sanctuary - 4th Division
Astral Alliance
#84 - 2015-11-03 18:26:33 UTC  |  Edited by: offtherails2010
howdy Devs :)

i cant seem to login, my character doesnt let me, it looks like this even after 20 minutes on that screen (link below);

Picture

have cleared all cached data on launcher then restarted it, still the same.

Game wont let me login :(

any ideas how to fix ?

thx muchly in advance :)
Jackie Fisher
Syrkos Technologies
Joint Venture Conglomerate
#85 - 2015-11-03 18:27:46 UTC
Disappointing that this thread isn't called Parallax Errors

Fear God and Thread Nought

RichManTcK
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#86 - 2015-11-03 18:34:24 UTC
Hi, this should be saying 88.2 s cycle time in my skiff with Rorqual boost and I'm barely scratching the surface here.
it is now at 145.8s cycle time incredibly slower now. everything else is fine 29km range and the amount of ore per cycle, just the cycle time is whacked.
Kohl Tsurugi
Zero Point Galactic Holdings
#87 - 2015-11-03 18:40:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Kohl Tsurugi
Kasim Taldeer wrote:
I have an issue with the skill training.
I am currently training Heavy Drones V, and before DT the remaining time for the said skill was at 9 day and a few hours.
When I logged in after DT, in my character screen it's all fine, showing 9 days, but when I'm in the game, it lists my skill at 15 days from completion. I know the skill training has been rewrote or something, but did you also decide to reverse the skill points we got before DT?


Similar issue here - had Command Ships V at a bit over 50% before DT, and it now seems to have reversed itself to around 30-40%. That's nearly 6 days of training lost...

EDIT: Similar situation on an alt - HACs IV had <4 hours to go, now shows >23 hours remaining.
Tehol Beddikt
Black Thorne Corporation
#88 - 2015-11-03 18:45:07 UTC
George Otsolen wrote:
Nathair Farraige wrote:
billy Joringer wrote:
can't log in at all.'done processing bulk data',then just a black screen......


Same issue, never make it to character select. Just hangs. :(


Same



I've got the same problem on one of my 2 accounts. Interesting thing is I have this problem only with one of my accounts. The second one works just fine. Deleting cache files doesn't help tho... Sad
Tyrone Cashmoney
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#89 - 2015-11-03 18:55:39 UTC
I'm currently fitting 20 ships using the Fitting Management window. I've done this numerous times recently, same ship, same fit.

However, since the patch, the client does not seem to recalculate the powergrid properly. The fit includes a Power Diagnostic System II which is needed to work, but when I fit everything with the Fitting Management window, it automatically offlines the Large Shield Extender II due to lack of powergrid.

The solution is easy enough, I can immediately online the Large Shield Extender II, since it should have enough powergrid. But the client never did this before to the best of my knowledge.
CO Bradley
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#90 - 2015-11-03 19:05:26 UTC
I seem to of lost 5-6 days of training i had 7 days left on Cruise missile 5, its now almost 12 days,.....
Yann Lafisques
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#91 - 2015-11-03 19:14:45 UTC
Kohl Tsurugi wrote:
Kasim Taldeer wrote:
I have an issue with the skill training.
I am currently training Heavy Drones V, and before DT the remaining time for the said skill was at 9 day and a few hours.
When I logged in after DT, in my character screen it's all fine, showing 9 days, but when I'm in the game, it lists my skill at 15 days from completion. I know the skill training has been rewrote or something, but did you also decide to reverse the skill points we got before DT?


Similar issue here - had Command Ships V at a bit over 50% before DT, and it now seems to have reversed itself to around 30-40%. That's nearly 6 days of training lost...

EDIT: Similar situation on an alt - HACs IV had <4 hours to go, now shows >23 hours remaining.


That is not an issue with Parallax. That lower training time was a side effect of the Blood Raider Cerebral Accelerator which was removed with the update. This returned your skill training time to normal. You haven't lost any SP, you are just earning it at a normal unboosted pace now.
Kohl Tsurugi
Zero Point Galactic Holdings
#92 - 2015-11-03 19:30:34 UTC
Yann Lafisques wrote:
Kohl Tsurugi wrote:
Kasim Taldeer wrote:
I have an issue with the skill training.
I am currently training Heavy Drones V, and before DT the remaining time for the said skill was at 9 day and a few hours.
When I logged in after DT, in my character screen it's all fine, showing 9 days, but when I'm in the game, it lists my skill at 15 days from completion. I know the skill training has been rewrote or something, but did you also decide to reverse the skill points we got before DT?


Similar issue here - had Command Ships V at a bit over 50% before DT, and it now seems to have reversed itself to around 30-40%. That's nearly 6 days of training lost...

EDIT: Similar situation on an alt - HACs IV had <4 hours to go, now shows >23 hours remaining.


That is not an issue with Parallax. That lower training time was a side effect of the Blood Raider Cerebral Accelerator which was removed with the update. This returned your skill training time to normal. You haven't lost any SP, you are just earning it at a normal unboosted pace now.


Did % completion always base itself off the remaining time divided by the total time as calculated from the attribute values at that point in time, rather than the completed percentage of SP out of the required total?

Because for a (current) 967000 SP out of 2048000 total SP for V, the % completion bar seems to be sitting around 35% or so.
Sacu Shi
Golden Nyx Corporation
#93 - 2015-11-03 19:31:23 UTC
New NPC icons (four dots in a square formation, possibly indicating small, drone ships?) are extremely dim in colour on the overview and are difficult to see. Tested in a drone 3/10 anomaly
Yann Lafisques
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#94 - 2015-11-03 19:32:22 UTC
RichManTcK wrote:
Hi, this should be saying 88.2 s cycle time in my skiff with Rorqual boost and I'm barely scratching the surface here.
it is now at 145.8s cycle time incredibly slower now. everything else is fine 29km range and the amount of ore per cycle, just the cycle time is whacked.


Yes, there seems to be something off with boosting which I wish devs would acknowledge since there have been several posts about it already. I imagine this is something related to the fleet bonus or wing commander/fleet booster changes.

My fleet has had issues with the Mining Forman - Laser Optimization II module not providing any cycle reduction. We tried swapping wing/squad commanders/orca pilots, relogging, docking/undocking, jumping to the next system and everytime, the cycle boost refused to work in this one system.

We thought it maybe it was a UI error so we timed the cycle but it came out to be the advertised unboosted cycle. Eventually we discovered that moving to another wing *and* system seemed to resolve the issue partially...

Hopefully this gets resolved soon.
Sacu Shi
Golden Nyx Corporation
#95 - 2015-11-03 19:37:08 UTC
Ragnar Snowed wrote:
Hi,

New scan probe interface isn't usable :
I cannot set the range within probes under 4 UA
click on blue sphere for change the range didn't work anymore

the list of signutre is to long to show all, we got a lift. If you set the lift on bottom and clic to scan, te lift return on top. that's disapointing.

thanks


Change the range by holding 'alt' and dragging the arrows that appear. Change the distance between probes by holding 'ctrl' and dragging the arrows that appear...
Yann Lafisques
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#96 - 2015-11-03 19:38:34 UTC
Kohl Tsurugi wrote:
Yann Lafisques wrote:
Kohl Tsurugi wrote:
Kasim Taldeer wrote:
I have an issue with the skill training.
I am currently training Heavy Drones V, and before DT the remaining time for the said skill was at 9 day and a few hours.
When I logged in after DT, in my character screen it's all fine, showing 9 days, but when I'm in the game, it lists my skill at 15 days from completion. I know the skill training has been rewrote or something, but did you also decide to reverse the skill points we got before DT?


Similar issue here - had Command Ships V at a bit over 50% before DT, and it now seems to have reversed itself to around 30-40%. That's nearly 6 days of training lost...

EDIT: Similar situation on an alt - HACs IV had <4 hours to go, now shows >23 hours remaining.


That is not an issue with Parallax. That lower training time was a side effect of the Blood Raider Cerebral Accelerator which was removed with the update. This returned your skill training time to normal. You haven't lost any SP, you are just earning it at a normal unboosted pace now.


Did % completion always base itself off the remaining time divided by the total time as calculated from the attribute values at that point in time, rather than the completed percentage of SP out of the required total?

Because for a (current) 967000 SP out of 2048000 total SP for V, the % completion bar seems to be sitting around 35% or so.


That is a good question. I never really paid attention and I'm not sure how the programming is handled, but it seems to be how it works.
Rivr Luzade
Coreli Corporation
Pandemic Legion
#97 - 2015-11-03 19:54:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Rivr Luzade
another borked thing in the new system map: I now need to move my mouse over the custom formation and click it instead of having it selected in the custom formation button itself, like it is in the old map. This is another point making the new map worse than the old system.

In general, the 2 filters boxes in the Probe Scanning Window having the same color as the section divider (bright ochre in case of Amarr 2) is not really the best idea, the 2 boxes are barely visible. And the column headers for the scan results (ID, Type, Group,...) have too little vertical space. A couple pixels more would help a lot to give them more room and make them easier to read.

UI Improvement Collective

My ridicule, heavy criticism and general pale outlook about your or CCP's ideas is nothing but an encouragement to prove me wrong. Give it a try.

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#98 - 2015-11-03 19:55:23 UTC
While mining in fleet, I had an orca active boosting, then got promoted to Wing Commander, and then the fleet lost boost, I had to reboot the boost to get fleet boosted again, is that new / old? or did it break in this patch?

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

SurrenderMonkey
The Exchange Collective
Solyaris Chtonium
#99 - 2015-11-03 20:00:17 UTC
CCP Shadowcat wrote:


  • After activating an additional skill training queue using a Multiple Pilot Training Certificate, players are unable to train skills until they log off and then log on again



This, I think, is more broken than realized.

Having just activated a MPTC,I cannot start a queue on this character even with zero other queues running. Doing so offers to sell me another MPTC.

I've logged out... and in... and out... and in... etc.

I've stopped and started queues on all other characters. Nothing I do will allow me to start a queue on this character.

"Help, I'm bored with missions!"

http://swiftandbitter.com/eve/wtd/

Biatrice Wanderer
Vargolo's Covenant
#100 - 2015-11-03 20:19:37 UTC
hello. i cannot see my skill quaue screen.

http://i64.tinypic.com/2z3s7rt.jpg

Please help me.