These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Upcoming Feature and Change Feedback Center

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[December] Balance Smorgasbord

First post First post
Author
Nightfox BloodRaven
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#441 - 2015-10-26 20:49:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Nightfox BloodRaven
You know orthrus nerf is just stupid.. you can BARELY kill a cruiser solo before reload giving them time to maneuver ecm call friends deagress whatever.. its not hard to survive.. so how the hell can you justify this... hell takes at least half a bil to fit the ship so dont give me the argument oh some scrub in a t1 frigate dont cant survive the tackle for the blob to come..

Slowly CCP killing the game..
Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#442 - 2015-10-26 21:45:33 UTC
Nightfox BloodRaven wrote:
You know orthrus nerf is just stupid.. you can BARELY kill a cruiser solo before reload giving them time to maneuver ecm call friends deagress whatever.. its not hard to survive.. so how the hell can you justify this... hell takes at least half a bil to fit the ship so dont give me the argument oh some scrub in a t1 frigate dont cant survive the tackle for the blob to come..

Orthrus nerf is not enough. Also CCP should nerf the Garmur.

The Tears Must Flow

Flyinghotpocket
Small Focused Memes
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#443 - 2015-10-27 00:45:11 UTC
Catherine Laartii wrote:

"The arbitrator is probably the least used cruiser in history". The arby was and remains a very popular solo cruiser; especially a few years back. It was fit primarily with a good number of neuts and wrecks utter havoc on frigate gangs. People generally just forgo the TD entirely on it, and it is only seeing less usage now due to the prevalence of the Vexor and its counterparts.

The only reason the arbitrator was ever picked in the past was because it was the least ****** of the amarr cruisers and thats saying nothing really.

old omen, you had to have awu5 to fit 5 of the SMALLEST guns and a 800mm plate
old maller you had to choose between a plate or a medium guns.
old augoror. well that WAS the least used cruisers in history.

The only people flying arbis by choice were amarr role players. everybody knew that you brought a rupture a stfi or a gila or went home. The reason why the arbi isnt used today is because when ALL other cruisers were receiving massive buffs to DAMAGE and tank. the arbi only got a extra low. didnt get any damage increases, didnt get any tank increases, didnt get any extra bandwidth like other cruisers. the arbi was left behind and is suffereing since.

behind all the t1 logi cruisers the arbi sits proud as the least used t1 combat oriented cruiser ever.

Amarr Militia Representative - A jar of nitro

Templar Dane
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#444 - 2015-10-27 02:53:23 UTC
Catherine Laartii wrote:

I meant to say cruiser tackle. Merlin has issues with sig radius and shields have a lower resist profile overall vs armor, and the breacher is better at skirmishes at frigates. Destroyers and well-placed hits from cruiser weapons can alpha right through its reps fairly easily. The Punisher excels at tackling larger targets due to the utility high, low sig radius and high resists. Having a nosferatu on your punisher is ideal when tackling cruiser or larger ships with neuts on them.

Put a web on a target and it's slower. Because it is slower it's ability to dictate range is lessened, which makes your relative speed to the target much higher.....increasing angular velocity. A punisher has a much higher chance to get wrecked by cruiser guns because it has no web.

The punisher lost a 1/5 of it's resist bonus a while back. It's also losing it's utility high.
elitatwo
Zansha Expansion
Brave Collective
#445 - 2015-10-27 03:59:36 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:

Orthrus nerf is not enough. Also CCP should nerf the Garmur.

You may be new in New Eden but light missiles and small guns are not the only weapons in EVE. Nerfing pirate faction class ships in plain dumb.

And speaking of involuntary disassemblies, the Gila and Worm do not warrant for such a terrible nerf. If people would whine less and think more we would have more time to spend on important things.

Dear CCP Ytterbium, please explain to the kids how CCP sees pirate faction ships compared to others.

Eve Minions is recruiting.

This is the law of ship progression!

Aura sound-clips: Aura forever

W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#446 - 2015-10-27 04:11:19 UTC

lol
Fourteen Maken
Karma and Causality
#447 - 2015-10-27 06:58:03 UTC  |  Edited by: Fourteen Maken
Flyinghotpocket wrote:
Catherine Laartii wrote:

"The arbitrator is probably the least used cruiser in history". The arby was and remains a very popular solo cruiser; especially a few years back. It was fit primarily with a good number of neuts and wrecks utter havoc on frigate gangs. People generally just forgo the TD entirely on it, and it is only seeing less usage now due to the prevalence of the Vexor and its counterparts.

The only reason the arbitrator was ever picked in the past was because it was the least ****** of the amarr cruisers and thats saying nothing really.

old omen, you had to have awu5 to fit 5 of the SMALLEST guns and a 800mm plate
old maller you had to choose between a plate or a medium guns.
old augoror. well that WAS the least used cruisers in history.

The only people flying arbis by choice were amarr role players. everybody knew that you brought a rupture a stfi or a gila or went home. The reason why the arbi isnt used today is because when ALL other cruisers were receiving massive buffs to DAMAGE and tank. the arbi only got a extra low. didnt get any damage increases, didnt get any tank increases, didnt get any extra bandwidth like other cruisers. the arbi was left behind and is suffereing since.

behind all the t1 logi cruisers the arbi sits proud as the least used t1 combat oriented cruiser ever.

The Maller and the Omen are weaksauce imo, Arbitrator is fine compared to other ewar cruisers.

They suffer from Amarr syndrome of having weapons that are good when you have range control... but they have no range control
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#448 - 2015-10-27 07:12:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Can we get a physical size reduction on the Barghest in the order of 25-33%? It has a larger surface area than a Chimera carrier...

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Iyacia Cyric'ai
Lai Dai Counterintelligence
#449 - 2015-10-27 08:57:43 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Can we get a physical size reduction on the Barghest in the order of 25-33%? It has a larger surface area than a Chimera carrier...
Try looking at it sideways.
Iyacia Cyric'ai
#450 - 2015-10-27 08:59:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Iyacia Cyric'ai

Try fitting a scram on your fits. Solo against another cruiser they shouldn't be maneuvering much at all.
Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#451 - 2015-10-27 12:01:59 UTC

There should be a clueless post of the year award, because holy ****. OMG, something didn't die within 35 seconds of me engaging it? My ship is garbage, **** you CCP.
Templar Dane
Amarrian Vengeance
Ragequit Cancel Sub
#452 - 2015-10-27 16:09:14 UTC
Xequecal wrote:

There should be a clueless post of the year award, because holy ****. OMG, something didn't die within 35 seconds of me engaging it? My ship is garbage, **** you CCP.

My anti-frigate weapons can only kill one cruiser before i have to reload. wahhhhhhh
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#453 - 2015-10-28 01:42:57 UTC
Iyacia Cyric'ai wrote:

Try using an acceleration gate with it some time...

Shelom Severasse
CryoTech Manufacturing
#454 - 2015-10-28 02:32:20 UTC
honestly, I am super pumped to try out the new punisher.
Iyacia Cyric'ai
#455 - 2015-10-28 03:04:45 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Iyacia Cyric'ai wrote:

Try using an acceleration gate with it some time...
Try finding another easier way to make giant space pancakes.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#456 - 2015-10-28 03:47:40 UTC
Iyacia Cyric'ai wrote:
Try finding another easier way to make giant space pancakes.

I'm fine with a smaller flying pan, really.

Catherine Laartii
Doomheim
#457 - 2015-10-29 03:01:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Catherine Laartii
I will continue to say this again as many times as I need to until it gets acknowledged:

The Hookbill's problem is NOT dps. IT'S THE DAMN FITTING SPACE!

Compared to even other t1 frigs, it's subpar. I am going to lay this out for anyone who doesn't understand how BAD a problem this is.

1. The hookbill has an extra bonused weapon over its navy faction counterparts, as well as the highest number of mid slots (5) out of all the navy frigates. Despite this, it only has 5.5 more total cpu than the closest competitor, the Navy Comet, and less powergrid than ANY of the other 3, (50 pg each), wheres the Hookbill pushes barely over 46.

2. It cannot make use of all of its mid slots without investing heavily into CPU modules even IF you have top skills. God forbid you want to fit a tank on it; the 3rd missile launcher takes up much of the cpu needed for the mids (compare to the Firetail, which barely uses any cpu at all for autocannons), and you end up having to fit at least 1 power grid module or rig to fit JUST 3 rocket launchers, a mwd, and a medium shield extender. To start with, you HAVE to fit a power grid mod. Then you HAVE to fit a cpu mod if you want to make full use of your mids.

3. It really says something that the only really widely-used fits for the hookbill consist of armor/scramkite setups. As atrocious as it is normally to fit armor builds of any kind on a caldari ship, it's a goddamn travesty that it's the only one that reliably works without loading up on fitting modules.

4. You cannot, i repeat, CANNOT fit an effective light missile build without completely negating dps in favor of fitting modules. While capacitor remains an issue at any level, kiting builds tend to fill up their mid slots with such goodies as damps, tracking disruptors, and the occasional TP for a roaming gang. Generally it is to be expected that such fits on any frigate that aren't specialized for it will run out of capacitor fairly quickly, but it's particularly problematic for a combat frigate with 5 mid slots that can't really use them all that well to begin with.

5. With all this in mind, there are only two realistic options for a rebalance: Either drop a launcher and increase the bonus to 50% kinetic dmg and 40% dmg for em, therm, and explosive with a small increase in CPU, or retain your current idea but add a moderate to significant increase in powergrid and CPU. Either way it is absolutely necessary that the base PG and CPU get a bump.

And for anyone wondering, i am not just talking out my ass here. I've been in calmil on and off for years, and anyone who has talked to me for any length of time knows i am absolutely obsessed about fit crafting. I KNOW this ship, and i can tell you as much as i want to love it, it remains craptastic due to anemic fitting space. This NEEDS to change.
FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#458 - 2015-10-29 03:13:52 UTC

Thank you for the chuckles...

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Iyacia Cyric'ai
#459 - 2015-10-29 03:34:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Iyacia Cyric'ai
Catherine Laartii wrote:
3. It really says something that the only really widely-used fits for the hookbill consist of armor/scramkite setups. As atrocious as it is normally to fit armor builds of any kind on a caldari ship, it's a goddamn travesty that it's the only one that reliably works without loading up on fitting modules.
Even if you gave the hookbill more fitting space, I'd still fit them as armor/scramkite. If I wanted to shield tank, I'd fly a hawk. If I wanted to kite, I'd fly a Crow, Garmur, Worm, Malediction, Condor etc etc.
W0lf Crendraven
The Tuskers
The Tuskers Co.
#460 - 2015-10-29 03:48:23 UTC
Catherine Laartii wrote:
I will continue to say this again as many times as I need to until it gets acknowledged:

The Hookbill's problem is NOT dps. IT'S THE DAMN FITTING SPACE!

Compared to even other t1 frigs, it's subpar. I am going to lay this out for anyone who doesn't understand how BAD a problem this is.

1. The hookbill has an extra bonused weapon over its navy faction counterparts, as well as the highest number of mid slots (5) out of all the navy frigates. Despite this, it only has 5.5 more total cpu than the closest competitor, the Navy Comet, and less powergrid than ANY of the other 3, (50 pg each), wheres the Hookbill pushes barely over 46.

2. It cannot make use of all of its mid slots without investing heavily into CPU modules even IF you have top skills. God forbid you want to fit a tank on it; the 3rd missile launcher takes up much of the cpu needed for the mids (compare to the Firetail, which barely uses any cpu at all for autocannons), and you end up having to fit at least 1 power grid module or rig to fit JUST 3 rocket launchers, a mwd, and a medium shield extender. To start with, you HAVE to fit a power grid mod. Then you HAVE to fit a cpu mod if you want to make full use of your mids.

4. You cannot, i repeat, CANNOT fit an effective light missile build without completely negating dps in favor of fitting modules. While capacitor remains an issue at any level, kiting builds tend to fill up their mid slots with such goodies as damps, tracking disruptors, and the occasional TP for a roaming gang. Generally it is to be expected that such fits on any frigate that aren't specialized for it will run out of capacitor fairly quickly, but it's particularly problematic for a combat frigate with 5 mid slots that can't really use them all that well to begin with.

5. With all this in mind, there are only two realistic options for a rebalance: Either drop a launcher and increase the bonus to 50% kinetic dmg and 40% dmg for em, therm, and explosive with a small increase in CPU, or retain your current idea but add a moderate to significant increase in powergrid and CPU. Either way it is absolutely necessary that the base PG and CPU get a bump.

And for anyone wondering, i am not just talking out my ass here. I've been in calmil on and off for years, and anyone who has talked to me for any length of time knows i am absolutely obsessed about fit crafting. I KNOW this ship, and i can tell you as much as i want to love it, it remains craptastic due to anemic fitting space. This NEEDS to change.

Thats what keeps it interesting though, hookbill will be very strong after the changes anyways, with endless fitting it would be op.