These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Any news of a Faction Warfare change?

Author
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#141 - 2015-10-20 13:42:59 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Honestly this game is broken like piece of **** and there are enough idiots in this game not getting it.

Just did my first fw missions after long fw break and really: THE ISK/H IS CRAZY.

So we have:
1.) Total idiots (for example goons) ratting in 0.0 sov with same income like lv4 missions in highsec. Maybe 80mil/h up to 100mil/h if done right.
3.) Incursion runners at maybe 120 mil isk/h.
3.) NPC 0.0 mission running ranging from 125mil/h up to 250mil/h.
4.) FW mission running ranging from 150mil/h up to once even 450mil/h while risking less than the three other methods before.

I didn´t list wh income because I have no clue.
But hey CCP: I know you can´t fix idiots ratting in 0.0 sov because you can´t sell brains to them BUT lowsec fw mission income is crazy for over three years now and beyond anything you can make in 0.0.
Until this is not fixed this game is kinda COMPLETELY BROKEN.

Edit: I did the maths and I made today easily 330mil in 1h and 31 minutes. In lean back mode. Crazy.

I dont see many people running missions in cal gal space. Perhaps the webbing frigs will fix them a little. Id be happy with just deleting them. Even now, if people running missions bothers you its trivial to go stop them.
ColdBeauty
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#142 - 2015-10-20 14:39:25 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

4.) FW mission running ranging from 150mil/h up to once even 450mil/h while risking less than the three other methods before.

450 mil roughly 1/3 plex =£5.66 p/h

Better than UK minimum wage for 18-21 yr olds Lol

Expect a rise in RMTing when plex prices make FW missions pay more than UK minimum wage for over 21s ? Shocked
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#143 - 2015-10-20 15:03:58 UTC
Master Sergeant MacRobert wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Honestly this game is broken like piece of **** and there are enough idiots in this game not getting it.

Just did my first fw missions after long fw break and really: THE ISK/H IS CRAZY.

So we have:
1.) Total idiots (for example goons) ratting in 0.0 sov with same income like lv4 missions in highsec. Maybe 80mil/h up to 100mil/h if done right.
3.) Incursion runners at maybe 120 mil isk/h.
3.) NPC 0.0 mission running ranging from 125mil/h up to 250mil/h.

I didn´t list wh income because I have no clue.
But hey CCP: I know you can´t fix idiots ratting in 0.0 sov because you can´t sell brains to them BUT lowsec fw mission income is crazy for over three years now and beyond anything you can make in 0.0.
Until this is not fixed this game is kinda COMPLETELY BROKEN.

Edit: I did the maths and I made today easily 330mil in 1h and 31 minutes. In lean back mode. Crazy.

Stop doing FW missions Colt, they rot your brain. Welcome back btw o7

All they need to do is nerf the excessive high tier bonus's to LP rewards and then implement the planned alterations to Missions that mean you have to risk a bit more. A FW Mission should not get 150% payout at tier 3, 175% at tier 4 and 225% at tier 5. They're too high.

I recommend the high tiers have no bonus's to rewards and should instead provide discounts on things that are not wealth accumulation. Such as discounts to repair costs, contract costs, manufacturing costs, research costs, Militia I-hub donation costs, concord sec status repair costs, etc..

THX but I am not back. On the other side I was never away. Had always 2 alts covering 3 militias. Best isk/h in game by far.
NOT going back to lowsec "do not undock without ogb" pvp. Although I have my own booster now but I am not ************* enough to use it as "pro solo pvp".

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Arla Sarain
#144 - 2015-10-20 15:04:26 UTC
ColdBeauty wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

Expect a rise in RMTing when plex prices make FW missions pay more than UK minimum wage for over 21s ? Shocked

You don't get ISK from FW missions. You get discounted items and sink ISK.
If all those "idiot" goons moved into FW and made their "money" farming missions, there'd be no ISK in the economy to purchase the items you trade in the LP store.
Where'd you think the ISK came from when you sold your items on the market? Nowhere?
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#145 - 2015-10-20 15:07:49 UTC
ColdBeauty wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

I have a good RL income but THX for the example/insult.
But if you have ever been with russians, romanians or africans in a corp you get a bad conscience when you realise that europeans and us boys are doing pay2win with plex. On the other side the most east europeans would not be able to play without plex. Well everyone can do what he likes in this game.

Back on topic: Well t3ds get banned from smalls but are not good enough for mediums so what to do with em?

[09:04:53] Ashira Twilight > Plant the f****** amarr flag and s*** on their smoking wrecks.

Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#146 - 2015-10-20 15:09:42 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
ColdBeauty wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

If all those "idiot" goons moved into FW and made their "money" farming missions, there'd be no ISK in the economy to purchase the items you trade in the LP store.
Where'd you think the ISK came from when you sold your items on the market? Nowhere?

From idiots who rat in sov 0.0 ofc. Tried it once while I was in NC and quit after 2h. Was even more dull than mining.

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#147 - 2015-10-20 15:34:59 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
ColdBeauty wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

It's funny that you think there aren't goon alts in FW.
Arla Sarain
#148 - 2015-10-20 15:35:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Arla Sarain
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Arla Sarain wrote:
ColdBeauty wrote:
Colt Blackhawk wrote:

From idiots who rat in sov 0.0 ofc. Tried it once while I was in NC and quit after 2h. Was even more dull than mining.

Ok so bar the continuous spouting about how much they are idiots, contrary to their current choice, if they decided to start being "smart" and moved up to FW, you don't think that the value of LP will fall? Not only will there be a saturation of items, there also won't be any ISK provided by them for us to trade our LP items in.

Wormhole income is much "crazier" than FW. Blue loot is bought by NPCs and the income is high enough to farm in dreads and compensate for losses, which happen very occasionally.

FW income is hardly broken. We get as much as people are willing to pay for the stuff we provide.
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#149 - 2015-10-20 18:55:57 UTC
Thanatos Marathon wrote:
Cearain wrote:

No one pushing the warzone and generating kills has nothing to do with fw stagnating? It seems to me they pretty close to the same thing.

Sorry Cearain but you are wrong on this one. We don't push the warzone because we want an extremely strong PVP ecosystem at the moment. There are still enough people in Gal Mil with the know how, as well as pilots with the skills and gumption, to take the warzone. It would totally suck at the moment due to how much neckbearding we would have to do in the AU tz due to Cal AU tz strength, but it would be doable.

I am not sure we disagree about how the game works. We may have a semantic difference. When I talk about "doing faction war" I generally mean fighting for faction war sov. I realize most people do not mean that. Most people think random pvp that has nothing to do with fw sov is still doing faction war - as long as your corp is in faction war. Therefore as long as there is allot of fights around you then fw is not stagnating. IMO faction war is stagnant when no one cares about gaining sov for your side.

When you say lots of people in gallente could fight for sov but don't (for whatever reason) IMO that means the sov system is stagnant.

Thanatos Marathon wrote:

Having said that, it would be a terrible idea. In fact, we don't even want to take Caldari home systems. Killing off all your targets is a great way to end up with no targets.

- Than

I agree here as well. Station lockouts are great for null sec where they don't want people coming to fight in their farms. (they literally refer to a ssytem of "farms and fields" favorably) But it doesn't suit so well in faction war where people often join specifically to pvp. That is why I think the station lockout rule should be eased. E.g., once a system is contested (or contested a certain percent) both sides should be able to dock. This would also mean people have some urgency to fight for a system before it is 90% contested.

In any case what you describe is a clear mechanic where players are forced to either gain sov or promote pvp. Good mechanics would have the 2 go hand in hand and not compete against eachother.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#150 - 2015-10-20 21:26:09 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:

It's funny that you think there aren't goon alts in FW.

They most assuredly do have/had alts in fw and they do/did run the missions. When lp was worth something they paid phenomenal amounts. I have run missions for all but the Caldari.

The lp market continues to collapse but they are still too lucrative. Faction war missions do need a nerf. But they are in the *most* dangerous part of space so I think they should pay more than most other types of pvp. Also unlike ratting in null sec or running high sec missions where you can do that for about as long as you want, you need to dedicate at least a couple of hours straight to running these missions. At least if you really want to run them efficiently.

I know I am one of the few who thinks that fw mission structure is actually excellent. People used to say they want more people to come to low sec but obviously your typical level 4 mission will not work. No one is going to be able to sit in kamela, or eha in a battleship and run damsel in distress unless they have a huge group ready to defend them. This form of mission where you travel through and try to do a relatively quick kill while also trying to dodge pirates is perfect. It gets people who are willing to risk low sec used to traveling through it (and learning not every gate in low sec is camped) and rewards their risks.

There used to be allot of concern about stealth bombers but I really think having them run them is ok. They do not align all that quickly and you can get caught at the gate if someone is quick to warp to the beacon in an interceptor. I have seen the video where Gorski Carr ran a complete set of FW missions in 2 hours. But he ran them at would have been about 3AM central time US. He had absolutely no one interupt any of his missions. Not one person. He could just warp to the beacon every time without ever having to warp close to the mission while cloaked to see if anyone followed. If you run them during the US time zone you should expect to be chased out about 3 times during a run and probably lose about 1 bomber every 40 missions or so. And that assumes you are pretty careful.

If anyone thinks running missions in a stealth bomber is absolutely safe I recommend they look at for example Greg Shumann's killboard for July and August. You will see that if you are good at catching them these missions can provide content. It might be safe if you are AU time zone but any other time you are at risk. It's true the stealth bombers are not that expensive but it does take time and logistics to reship if you want to finish the mission run and the pirates forcing you off course can turn a 2 hour run into a 4 hour run or even a run where you simply won't be able to finish some of the missions.

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#151 - 2015-10-20 21:35:13 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Basically, you would be happy with no fights as long as you hold all the space. Understood. But you should understand that most people are the other way around with a few notable exceptions.

Sov is the content driver, not the content. I know this is a hard concept for a bitter role-player such as yourself to understand.

Also, to summarise your vision for FW;

- Free intel from NPC sources. Who needs player intel channels?
- Bombers can run FW missions to farm LP.
- Tier levels should be done on the boom and bust cycle of inferno which was almost universally condemned.
- PvP should be balanced at the 1 frigate vs 1 frigate level.
- Boosts should be on grid so they become unusable by all but the largest fleet in the area at any given time and nano fleets are practically impossible to boost for.
- Complains about stagnation but then says station lockouts are bad. The single largest conflict driver over the last 2 years.

Im sure there are more terrible ideas that you advocate for, that was just off the top of my head.
Ares Desideratus
UNSAFE SPACE
#152 - 2015-10-20 23:39:03 UTC
The problem with FW is that even if we kill all the enemies we still can't take over their space in empire. What's the point in fighting for control if it is ultimately meaningless?
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#153 - 2015-10-21 01:28:37 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
Crosi wrote:
Wesdo]Basically, you would be happy with no fights as long as you hold all the space. Understood. But you should understand that most people are the other way around with a few notable exceptions.

???

What you say coudln't be further from the truth. I want fighting for sov to actually involve fighting. The problem is the current mechanics force a choice of either A)spending time gaining sov or B)spending time fighting. I have no interest at all in the current sov system of having alts in empty frigates d-plexing. That is why I left faction war so that I could maximize my targets.

The changes I support clearly would increase pvp. 1) Timer rollbacks, 2)real time intel on where and when plexes are being run, and 3)easing the station lockouts so you don't drive away the pvp. These would all make sov warfare a real pvp creator not a pvp inhibitor. Thanatos just explained he didn't want win sov because he didn't want to drive away the pvp. I agree with him, and think the mechanics should be modified so that doesn't happen.

Crosi wrote:

Sov is the content driver, not the content. I know this is a hard concept for a bitter role-player such as yourself to understand.

Also, to summarise your vision for FW;

1)- Free intel from NPC sources. Who needs player intel channels?
2)- Bombers can run FW missions to farm LP.
3)- Tier levels should be done on the boom and bust cycle of inferno which was almost universally condemned.
4)- PvP should be balanced at the 1 frigate vs 1 frigate level.
5)- Boosts should be on grid so they become unusable by all but the largest fleet in the area at any given time and nano fleets are practically impossible to boost for.
6)- Complains about stagnation but then says station lockouts are bad. The single largest conflict driver over the last 2 years.

Im sure there are more terrible ideas that you advocate for, that was just off the top of my head.

Crosi you never actually quote me because you always want to twist things.

Here are some ideas I think we should kick around for faction war:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=6038178#post6038178

As far as what you wrote let me briefly address each:

1) Clearly player run intel channels are unable to drive out rabbit plexers. Why when ccp proposes a navy maulus with an extra point does everyone instantly think they intended this for faction war plexes?? The player intel channels need help. Intel tools that give us real time intel on plexes being run would drastically increase the amount of pvp per plex and supplement the player run intel channels. That null sec players get intel about their assets being attacked does not mean they no longer need player intel channels. It does however allow them to defend their space in pvp. It means the strategic aspects can rise to another level. More intel means more data. More data means more complex strategies can happen.

2) Level 4 Mission lp amounts need to be nerfed whether they are run in bombers or cloak/mwd ishtars. Missions don’t effect sov so I really don’t care about them too much except the amount of lp they give is killing all lp markets. Yep I don’t really care if bombers can run faction war missions or not. If bombers can run them they should simply pay less than if you need a hac or bs to run them. I do think the missions should be balanced so one faction doesn’t have easy missions and the others don’t. The travel and blitz attack mechanic is a good mechanic to bring people to low sec to do pve.

3) Inferno paid way too much. But the cashout system made people interested in gaining sov and brought the militias some higher level strategy on how to do it. All factions hit tier 5 cashouts, except amarr that hit tier 4, so no faction was ever a complete bust. Every faction had a boom. It was an exciting time to be in faction war. It was never nearly as stagnant as the current system. It also rewarded people to stick with their faction instead of jumping to the higher tier faction. The cashout had issues that needed to be addressed. 1) the payments were way to high and 2) they had to do some tweaks to ensure it would not be beneficial to have alts bust flip your own system. 3) There were tons of other issues that ccp did address such as huge disparate between the rats in each plex etc. But those were separate issues from cashout versus our current forever grind model.

4) I honestly don’t even know what that means and of course never suggested that.

5) I think ogb are a cancer for eve. Put them on grid or get rid of them, whatever. Even if forced on grid they would need to be nerfed. But having them be so powerful, when they are not even present in the fight, is crazy dumb. Their rise in use has in fact corresponded with a huge drop of people signing on. There is plenty of evidence that suggests this timing is not pure coincidence. You of course ignore the evidence because your boosted garmur makes you feel special.

6) Driving your enemy far away also decreases content. IMO there would be more pvp if the station lockout rule was eased. Keeping enemies separated is generally not good for pvp. Look at null sec. The station lockout rule has also reduced variety of places you can roam. Pre-lockout you could place ships throughout the warzone and fight all sorts of different small groups. Now you have fewer larger groups and fewer systems to go to if you want fights.

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#154 - 2015-10-21 13:54:16 UTC
Apart from Gallente FW, all FW missions can be done in a stealth bomber. Fix it so Gallente can run FW missions in a Stealth bomber and then all are balanced. Should they be able to be run in a bomber? I don't see why not.

I think the people complaining about the FW mission runners, are the ones who can't catch them and don't have the skills trained to fly a stealth bomber; so they can run them themselves.
Colt Blackhawk
Doomheim
#155 - 2015-10-21 14:29:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Colt Blackhawk
Estella Osoka wrote:
Apart from Gallente FW, all FW missions can be done in a stealth bomber. Fix it so Gallente can run FW missions in a Stealth bomber and then all are balanced. Should they be able to be run in a bomber? I don't see why not.

I think the people complaining about the FW mission runners, are the ones who can't catch them and don't have the skills trained to fly a stealth bomber; so they can run them themselves.

May I write you have no clue?!
I was in NC and there have been whole alt corps of fw bomber toons in minnie militia.

I am complaining about fw mission payments. I had bomber toons in three militias. Now only two :P
I had tons of minnie bomber kills the last three montsh since I came back.
But at the end you catch always the less experienced ones. Not to mention the guy who is quadboxing caracals for missions, the other minnie guy who is always with his falcon alt and the tons of other guys who have always their hecate alts next door or the really bad guys like this CAAN0N guy from church of aweseome in calmil who has his ishtar minnie alt and plenty others and causing civil militia wars everywhere^^

So yep you have been completely wrong.

Edit: I HATE YOU POCKET!!! GRRRR!!!! You know I really enjoyed it here in curse.....

Edit2: I think CAAN0N really deserves his own thread meanwhile, regarding all the drama he is causing^^

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#156 - 2015-10-21 15:05:59 UTC
Colt Blackhawk wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

May I write you have no clue?!
I was in NC and there have been whole alt corps of fw bomber toons in minnie militia.

I am complaining about fw mission payments. I had bomber toons in three militias. Now only two :P
I had tons of minnie bomber kills the last three montsh since I came back.
But at the end you catch always the less experienced ones. Not to mention the guy who is quadboxing caracals for missions, the other minnie guy who is always with his falcon alt and the tons of other guys who have always their hecate alts next door or the really bad guys like this CAAN0N guy from church of aweseome in calmil who has his ishtar minnie alt and plenty others and causing civil militia wars everywhere^^

So yep you have been completely wrong.

Edit: I HATE YOU POCKET!!! GRRRR!!!! You know I really enjoyed it here in curse.....

Edit2: I think CAAN0N really deserves his own thread meanwhile, regarding all the drama he is causing^^

So? They are using alts to minimize/maximize the risk/reward. Nothing says you can't do the same.

Nerf the FW mission payouts and you will just see a rise in farming alts.

Hell, as far as I am concerned. all missions should be replaced with burner-style missions.
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#157 - 2015-10-21 16:19:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
Cearain wrote:

As far as what you wrote let me briefly address each:

1) Clearly player run intel channels are unable to drive out rabbit plexers. Why when ccp proposes a navy maulus with an extra point does everyone instantly think they intended this for faction war plexes?? The player intel channels need help. Intel tools that give us real time intel on plexes being run would drastically increase the amount of pvp per plex and supplement the player run intel channels. That null sec players get intel about their assets being attacked does not mean they no longer need player intel channels. It does however allow them to defend their space in pvp. It means the strategic aspects can rise to another level. More intel means more data. More data means more complex strategies can happen.

2) Level 4 Mission lp amounts need to be nerfed whether they are run in bombers or cloak/mwd ishtars. Missions don’t effect sov so I really don’t care about them too much except the amount of lp they give is killing all lp markets. Yep I don’t really care if bombers can run faction war missions or not. If bombers can run them they should simply pay less than if you need a hac or bs to run them. I do think the missions should be balanced so one faction doesn’t have easy missions and the others don’t. The travel and blitz attack mechanic is a good mechanic to bring people to low sec to do pve.

3) Inferno paid way too much. But the cashout system made people interested in gaining sov and brought the militias some higher level strategy on how to do it. All factions hit tier 5 cashouts, except amarr that hit tier 4, so no faction was ever a complete bust. Every faction had a boom. It was an exciting time to be in faction war. It was never nearly as stagnant as the current system. It also rewarded people to stick with their faction instead of jumping to the higher tier faction. The cashout had issues that needed to be addressed. 1) the payments were way to high and 2) they had to do some tweaks to ensure it would not be beneficial to have alts bust flip your own system. 3) There were tons of other issues that ccp did address such as huge disparate between the rats in each plex etc. But those were separate issues from cashout versus our current forever grind model.

4) I honestly don’t even know what that means and of course never suggested that.

5) I think ogb are a cancer for eve. Put them on grid or get rid of them, whatever. Even if forced on grid they would need to be nerfed. But having them be so powerful, when they are not even present in the fight, is crazy dumb. Their rise in use has in fact corresponded with a huge drop of people signing on. There is plenty of evidence that suggests this timing is not pure coincidence. You of course ignore the evidence because your boosted garmur makes you feel special.

6) Driving your enemy far away also decreases content. IMO there would be more pvp if the station lockout rule was eased. Keeping enemies separated is generally not good for pvp. Look at null sec. The station lockout rule has also reduced variety of places you can roam. Pre-lockout you could place ships throughout the warzone and fight all sorts of different small groups. Now you have fewer larger groups and fewer systems to go to if you want fights.

1- You intel channels may be inadequate. But ours dont seem to be fine. Coupled with the already expansive intel in the FW window its easy to keep track of whats happening.

2- I actually agree with you here, to an extent. however, bringing people to low sec in pve ships is stupid. Thereforultimately a better idea to just remove them.

3- No, inferno was horrible. You have admitted in the past that you didnt do any of the hard work around making it happen. In minmatar space you could sometimes have to bash 40 systems in a couple of days. Imagine that in gal space where you would have to bash 80+. Having dozens of vulnerable systems for weeks on end is absurd and doesnt represent 'caring about sov'. Not to mention that it wouldnt work at all now its impossible to over-plex a system indefinitely.

4- Is really referring to how often and hard you complain about fairness at the solo level and the injustice of people using boosters.

5- The drop in players has also corresponded with many other RL and IG changes. Pointing at one particular thing and laying blame at its feet while providing only the slightest of anecdotal evidence which is easily contradicted.

6- I was against station lockouts. Because i was lazy. There is no denying the extent that they have forced factions to work together and with their allies to bring about a content type that is simply not available anywhere else in EVE. Remove station lockouts and we go directly back to the;

"hey, theres someone in a a plex in system"
"nevermind, it makes no difference if i stay docked or go fight"
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#158 - 2015-10-21 16:52:54 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

1- You intel channels may be inadequate. But ours dont seem to be. Coupled with the already expansive intel in the FW window its easy to keep track of whats happening.

So again my question. Why when they give the navy maulus an extra point does everyone think that is a reaction to faction war plexes? Is that working as intended? Again the player run intel channels are not enough to drive away the rabbits that either dplex in empty frigates or oplex at the far side from the warp in.

Crosi Wesdo wrote:

2- I actually agree with you here, to an extent. however, bringing people to low sec in pve ships is stupid. Thereforultimately a better idea to just remove them.

I think I would hope for baby steps. First they come to pve and try to avoid the pirates. They travel through large portions of low sec and realize that it isn't so scary after all. Hopefully they may eventually decide to come and pvp. But even if they just come for the pve, I think some people in low sec are happy to get a few kills of pve ships. Better than them just staying in high sec. I only caught a few stealth bombers myself but I was happy to catch the ones I did.
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

3- No, inferno was horrible. You have admitted in the past that you didnt do any of the hard work around making it happen. In minmatar space you could sometimes have to bash 40 systems in a couple of days. Imagine that in gal space where you would have to bash 80+. Having dozens of vulnerable systems for weeks on end is absurd and doesnt represent 'caring about sov'. Not to mention that it wouldnt work at all now its impossible to over-plex a system indefinitely..

"Inferno" had many problems that were not related to the cashout system. The cashout system (wherein I mean the system where people earned lp at the same rate but the higher tiers allowed them to get discounted prices to "cashout" their lp) was much better than the current model. The Cashout system required the militia to work together toward common goals. It removed an incentive for people to jump to the higher tier militia.

It was not stagnant. Honestly, I am surprised you can say that with a straight face. Leaving a system vulnerable of a few weeks is much better than no one carring at all about a system for years. The fact that militias would get their **** together to do these huge bunker bashes in a few days, and did it multiple times in the five months we had the cashout system, demonstrates it was not stagnant.

But whatever this is not that big of a deal. Other issues with faction war are more pressing.

Crosi Wesdo wrote:

6- I was against station lockouts. Because i was lazy. There is no denying the extent that they have forced factions to work together and with their allies to bring about a content type that is simply not available anywhere else in EVE. Remove station lockouts and we go directly back to the;

"hey, theres someone in a a plex in system"
"nevermind, it makes no difference if i stay docked or go fight"

Currently it doesn't matter. You can just wait until he leaves and then put your alt in an empty frigate to dplex it.

But if their getting the system contested meant that the enemy militia could all of a sudden dock in that system, then it would mean something. You would no longer think its fine to let him finish the plex. You would want to get out there and try to kill him. Because if you didn't you might find the enemy militia all of a sudden shows up in mass with lots of ships stockpiled in your station and you no longer have the upper hand in that system. What level of contested a system would need to be for both sides to dock is negotiable. But the current all or nothing system is just blob inducing and creates the problem thanatos pointed to. Why drive our enemies away when we want pvp?

Dr darkside
Digital Ghosts
#159 - 2015-10-21 18:35:38 UTC  |  Edited by: Dr darkside
1) OMG cant believe ur still banging on bout npc intel channel

2)make missions like burners therefore you have to fit kinda a pvp fit and should hold your own. leave the becons detectable to all but reduce LP payout.

3)Inferno nearly broke the game people in bombers doing riskless pve even out incomed lvl5 mission runners who have to commit a carrier or shiny stuff (thats fkd up in risk v reward) also the over plex and bashes sucked big time..
Yes they were also stagnent caldaris mashed over gals cos everyone dogpiled there i think gals may have managed 1 or 2 cashouts..
minmatar was even worse the only reason amarr got a cashout was because nulli joined and flipped bunkers with supers in 1 night and even they quit at T4...
i also remember people making false corps in the other side just to flip systems so it could be farmed back again.... (broken as ****)

4) concerning ogb ccps sub level is dropping atm i dont think they would risk alot more unsubs because of usless alts either that or it will go bk to the old way of falcon alts

5) station lockouts are great and are conflict drivers imo you want the option of multiple reships through out the region then fight for the right to it
Cearain
Plus 10 NV
#160 - 2015-10-21 19:31:25 UTC
Dr darkside wrote:
1) OMG cant believe ur still banging on bout npc intel channel

2)make missions like burners therefore you have to fit kinda a pvp fit and should hold your own. leave the becons detectable to all but reduce LP payout.

3)Inferno nearly broke the game people in bombers doing riskless pve even out incomed lvl5 mission runners who have to commit a carrier or shiny stuff (thats fkd up in risk v reward) also the over plex and bashes sucked big time..
Yes they were also stagnent caldaris mashed over gals cos everyone dogpiled there i think gals may have managed 1 or 2 cashouts..
minmatar was even worse the only reason amarr got a cashout was because nulli joined and flipped bunkers with supers in 1 night and even they quit at T4...
i also remember people making false corps in the other side just to flip systems so it could be farmed back again.... (broken as ****)

4) concerning ogb ccps sub level is dropping atm i dont think they would risk alot more unsubs because of usless alts either that or it will go bk to the old way of falcon alts

5) station lockouts are great and are conflict drivers imo you want the option of multiple reships through out the region then fight for the right to it

OMG it's a forum alt posting in warfare and tactics.

1) yes I still recomend giving players intel because faction war sov is still won by rabbit plexers. I will continue to bang on about better intel tools for pvpers as long as that is the case.

2) you either never ran a burner mission or your never pvped. If you want to claim otherwise, mr. forum alt, then please show us the burner mission fits that you think are also good pvp fits.

3)Amarr was already on the way to a cashout before nulli came. Also the amarr didn't really have an issue with fielding the firepower to flip but I think nulli, for security reasons, wanted to do the flip themselves. I think the war zone cal and gallente flipped four times and caldari was about to do another flip when ccp screwed them over with the patch. Having the war zone flip flop 4 times in 5 months is anything but stagnant.
There is no question that the payouts in inferno were too large. But that was not a result of the cashout system itself. They made everything in the lp store like 1/8th the cost when you were at tier 5 - lp and isk. And that was when fw lp went for about 5k isk per lp. That was too much obviously. They could still employ the system to get people active in the sov war (to get rid of the lp that is building in their wallets) but not make it so dramatic.
This would address the issue raised in the thread where someone suggested we only unlock certain items at a higher tier. That is it would give militias incentives to do at least an occassional war zone push.

4) It's true removing the cancer might involve some short term pain. But if it ever wants to be healthy that is the best thing to do. I think everyone recognizes that. The only reason to leave it in is if ccp wants to sell eve. Which I do not believe is the case. They will get rid of ogb. I would just like to see if plexes could sort of be like seperate systems so if you don't bring your booster in the plex you don't get the boosts. It seems silly that they only allow frigates in novice plexes but really they let the benefits of a Strategic cruiser in those plexes.

5) Did you say fight for the right to dock? Or do you mean have my stabbed alts orbit buttons for the right to it?