These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

[Vanguard] Combat and Navy BC Rebalance

First post First post First post
Author
Daniela Doran
Doomheim
#321 - 2015-09-14 00:08:04 UTC
Rovinia wrote:
I like the changes but it would be nice to give them a slight buff in sensor strength across the board.


Yes, but only for the T2 BCs so they won't be so easily jammed by griffins.
Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#322 - 2015-09-14 00:38:55 UTC
Seems like there will be even less of a reason to fly battleships....
Fourteen Maken
Karma and Causality
#323 - 2015-09-14 00:57:01 UTC
Sizeof Void wrote:
Seems like there will be even less of a reason to fly battleships....


Or more of a reason depending on how you look at it, if battlecruisers see more use it seems like battleships would be the natural counter.
Nevyn Auscent
Broke Sauce
#324 - 2015-09-14 01:29:32 UTC
Sizeof Void wrote:
Seems like there will be even less of a reason to fly battleships....

How can you balance BS without first balancing BC and seeing how that interacts with Cruisers online. Since balancing BS is based on how they interact with BC also.
Moac Tor
Cyber Core
Immediate Destruction
#325 - 2015-09-14 01:32:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Moac Tor
I wouldn't mind battleships having a bit more EHP to make up for their slow warp and poor tracking/application; but other than that they are pretty decent at the moment. Especially if more people start using BCs as mentioned above.
Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#326 - 2015-09-14 02:21:05 UTC
Sizeof Void wrote:
Seems like there will be even less of a reason to fly battleships....


The reasons battleships are bad remain unchanged whether CCP buffs battlecruisers or not.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Cearain
Plus 10 NV
It Burns When I'm PvPing
#327 - 2015-09-14 03:36:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Cearain
This is really nice overall.


But I question whether the navy Harbinger will be competitive with the other navy bcs in pvp. It was relatively weak going into the changes and seems to be getting the fewest enhancemnts. Will these changes make the Navy Harbinger even less competitive?

Make faction war occupancy pvp instead of pve https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=53815&#post53815

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#328 - 2015-09-14 03:39:21 UTC
Fourteen Maken wrote:
Sizeof Void wrote:
Seems like there will be even less of a reason to fly battleships....


Or more of a reason depending on how you look at it, if battlecruisers see more use it seems like battleships would be the natural counter.


This is how it used to work, before BC's were nerfed and Cruisers buffed.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Shinta Kobi
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#329 - 2015-09-14 04:34:03 UTC
The positive with all of this is the meta will change to be more diverse. On top of that, this will be a content generator. I cannot wait to see these changes in affect on Sisi.
Dracvlad
Taishi Combine
Astral Alliance
#330 - 2015-09-14 08:54:22 UTC
Moac Tor wrote:
I wouldn't mind battleships having a bit more EHP to make up for their slow warp and poor tracking/application; but other than that they are pretty decent at the moment. Especially if more people start using BCs as mentioned above.


I would like to second that, I rather like the changes, my group has been using BC's and BS's and having quite some success too, I really think that improved EHP would be a good reason to use a BS, though I love the new improved Tempest....

When the going gets tough the Gankers get their CSM rep to change mechanics in their favour.

Blocked: Teckos Pech, Sonya Corvinus, baltec1, Shae Tadaruwa, Wander Prian, Daichi Yamato, Jonah Gravenstein, Merin Ryskin, Linus Gorp

Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
P I R A T
#331 - 2015-09-14 10:05:28 UTC
Markus Reese wrote:
Am curious to what is coming for the command ships as well.
There will be much more coming soon Blink Maybe Fozzie can tell us more already ? Roll

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#332 - 2015-09-14 11:13:12 UTC
Nou Mene wrote:
solon101 wrote:
Quesa wrote:
For the love of everything that is holy and right in this world, can we please, PLEASE, PLEASE stop pigeonholing Caldari to Kinetic damage?


yes totally agreed


and make laser shoot kin+explo, oh and hybrids do em + explo.....
missiles are the only weapon that can shoot one and only one dmg type... you think thats (plain) bad? t2 ammo for every dmg type, also.


Drones.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Gramps Pljugi
Missing the point
#333 - 2015-09-14 11:14:14 UTC
In regards to Prophecy, how about adding another 10mb of bandwith which can be used as i imagined it for Small Utility drones, in combination with heavy drones
85mb would provide a good combination which would give us more diversity in use with small utility drones for heavy drone damage application.

10mb would open up 2 small drones which could be either:

Webifying drones x2
Target painter drones x2

or any other other utility, or even another medium one in combination with 3 heavys, it would not be an op buff but would help with damage application of heavy drones mostly.
Gauro Charante
Vile Duck Pond
#334 - 2015-09-14 11:41:54 UTC
BC sig radius is still quite big. I mean compare the Megathron to Brutix it's not much of a differens. Yes most BS are 400ish and BC 300. But how would it affect the balance if all BC were more around 250-280?
Harvey James
The Sengoku Legacy
#335 - 2015-09-14 12:20:17 UTC
Gauro Charante wrote:
BC sig radius is still quite big. I mean compare the Megathron to Brutix it's not much of a differens. Yes most BS are 400ish and BC 300. But how would it affect the balance if all BC were more around 250-280?


i agree and have said this multiple times in different threads, they are still cruiser/medium hulls they are physically much smaller than a battleship so why are there sigs so similar?
also why do some of them have the same sig? no 2 ships are ever the same size and in every other class have different sigs, come on fozzie we want more thoroughness in every regard please.

T3's need to be versatile so no rigs are necessary ... they should not have OP dps and tank

ABC's should be T2, remove drone assist, separate HAM's and Torps range, -3 HS for droneboats

Nerf web strength, Make the blaster Eagle worth using

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#336 - 2015-09-14 13:03:50 UTC
Harvey James wrote:
Gauro Charante wrote:
BC sig radius is still quite big. I mean compare the Megathron to Brutix it's not much of a differens. Yes most BS are 400ish and BC 300. But how would it affect the balance if all BC were more around 250-280?


i agree and have said this multiple times in different threads, they are still cruiser/medium hulls they are physically much smaller than a battleship so why are there sigs so similar?
also why do some of them have the same sig? no 2 ships are ever the same size and in every other class have different sigs, come on fozzie we want more thoroughness in every regard please.


Signature radius is not just a function of size. It also takes into account electronic and radar signature.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Baali Tekitsu
AQUILA INC
Verge of Collapse
#337 - 2015-09-14 13:21:01 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Harvey James wrote:
Gauro Charante wrote:
BC sig radius is still quite big. I mean compare the Megathron to Brutix it's not much of a differens. Yes most BS are 400ish and BC 300. But how would it affect the balance if all BC were more around 250-280?


i agree and have said this multiple times in different threads, they are still cruiser/medium hulls they are physically much smaller than a battleship so why are there sigs so similar?
also why do some of them have the same sig? no 2 ships are ever the same size and in every other class have different sigs, come on fozzie we want more thoroughness in every regard please.


Signature radius is not just a function of size. It also takes into account electronic and radar signature.



Lore shouldnt influence ship balancing.

RATE LIKE SUBSCRIBE

ivona fly
Black Fox Marauders
Pen Is Out
#338 - 2015-09-14 13:35:55 UTC  |  Edited by: ivona fly
Lidia Caderu wrote:
Quote:
Ferox:
Caldari Battlecruiser skill bonuses:
5% bonus to Medium Hybrid Turret damage (Was shield resistances)

Why does FEROX gets only 5% damage instead of 10%?

added a bit:
Nice changes. Few poins:
- why hardinger still have turret cap bonus, instead some more valuable bonus? Better give faster cap recharge bonus instead. Harb will be more universal.
- cyclone is still ******** with shield bonus, 5 med and 2 hi non-launcher slots. Move 1 hi-slot to med.
- prophecy and myrmidon still have less one slot than other BCs, that is stupid, there is no need in such big drone bay. Cut drones a bit a return that slot to hi rack.




Do you really want the Ferox to project 450DPS at 160km with spike? because that is probably what it can do if you give a double damage bonus + a triple range one.

It trades the extreme damage of the Brutix Pirate for extreme range - I think that is pretty balanced.


I think the Cyclone needs more though you struggle to get 600dps out of it in a full gank setup, and struggle even more to actually apply the paper DPS it does have.

I would consider giving it a very weak bonus to light missiles. possibly 5% to damage . I would not give this to the Drake though, it has an extra launcher so could become oppressive as a frigate killer because of the volley + resists under fleet Logi.
Omnathious Deninard
Ministry of Silly Walks.
Parasitic Legion.
#339 - 2015-09-14 13:51:37 UTC
Baali Tekitsu wrote:
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
Harvey James wrote:
Gauro Charante wrote:
BC sig radius is still quite big. I mean compare the Megathron to Brutix it's not much of a differens. Yes most BS are 400ish and BC 300. But how would it affect the balance if all BC were more around 250-280?


i agree and have said this multiple times in different threads, they are still cruiser/medium hulls they are physically much smaller than a battleship so why are there sigs so similar?
also why do some of them have the same sig? no 2 ships are ever the same size and in every other class have different sigs, come on fozzie we want more thoroughness in every regard please.


Signature radius is not just a function of size. It also takes into account electronic and radar signature.



Lore shouldnt influence ship balancing.

It seems to influence ship balancing more than you like.

If you don't follow the rules, neither will I.

Natasha Rachmaninova
Interminatus
#340 - 2015-09-14 13:58:55 UTC
I really wanna see a Rapid Light Missle BC... and if so than not kinetic bonus only...