These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Due to forced standing changes Loyalty Points should all transfer

Author
Max Deveron
Deveron Shipyards and Technology
#21 - 2015-09-10 16:49:09 UTC
hmmmm.....
Ok lets forget about standings
Lets forget about POS requirements
Lets forget about JumpClones
Lets mostly forget about market trading here
Lets forget about grinding missions......

There is already a precedence fro exchanging LP set by CCP....Concord to whom ever...
And now when once they get the Drifter thing sorted out....whats next Amarr Imperial LP converted to whom ever?
Follwed eventually by other factions???

I would support an ability to convert LP from one corp to another as i think such an idea is long overdue.
It even has a basis in the Lore....corp script, which is exchanged in favor of the corp receiving the other type of script...especially amongst Caldari corps....this makes employees prefer to stay in their current corps instead of switching locale because they lose a lot of wealth doing so.

Now i would feel sorry for the poor CCP Dev that would be given the assigment to determine the fracturing and factoring of LP conversion rates between the different corporations in game....and pirate groups, a task to be done way before trying to program into the game.

Such a thing though could lead to
1.) RP players would better be able to follow and track the political intracies between npc corps based of these Conversion rates
2.) Players would have more freedom to convert silly small amounts left over to where ever they are working closest atm.
3.) Maybe we could convert all oour LP to Concord LP(if that isnt possible now)
4.) All the above of course will add a slight new element for LP traders and the like to mess around with.
5.) and maybe just maybe, such a new change could be the fotthold of finally creating a real stock trading system...adn not just for player corps but the NPC's as well...how well does your indy corp measure up to the big boyz for example.

But like i said already I would feel sorry for the 1 dev given this assignment....1 or 2 Caldari corps might take Guristas LP, Guristas might convert all of them or select few plus others from certain factions....and the list goes on from that example.
Plus the Factoring between corps should come first and their Faction 2nd as a basis of conversion rates or if they will do so at all. NPC corps for practically every faction can be found in every faction, but as in the Caldari there is factions with in it, allies and enemies and just plain competitors....IMHO it might take a single Dev 6 months to a year to sort it out...and another few weeks to a few months to apply the finishing touches to a roadmap that makes sense for both LORE, and player community before the programming team could even begin to code it in.

anywa just my 2 cents on this
Sugar Smacks
State War Academy
Caldari State
#22 - 2015-09-10 18:34:56 UTC
So because CCP removed content on me of which I had no choice, then added no new content for me, I am now stuck with loyalty points scattered all over the galaxy.

Is it really asking much to be allowed to consolidate loyalty points after this unannounced change?

The response to this thread are mostly typical, and it shows why we need personnel changes at CCP.
They only cater to the power bloc crowd, have no interest in the PVE crowd even though they KNOW it represents their core community.

Why did I work for so many little corporations?
I though jump cloning all over mattered, it sure did for my corpmates, but now It just means I get laughed at because I did work.

This is the precedent CCP sets here, do work, follow the rules, get massively s**t on, thanks CCP.

They didn't even TRY to even things out, they are lazy, and pitiful.
You ask why people are leaving, I show you pretty obvious reasoning, you defend stupidity.

No wonder people think this game is trash, the devs big job was to say sorry.
Could of hired homeless people to do that.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#23 - 2015-09-10 18:39:06 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Tippia wrote:
The benefits from having standing with a small NPC corporation is pretty much the same as they always were, and they were never particularly relevant.

Also, how are you “stuck” with LP? Why aren't you cashing it in?

Oh yes, now everyone can have F2P what used to be B2P... but hey. It's not as if CCP had a tradition to make PvErs feel relevant, quite the contrary...

I'm a PVEr, and I feel 'relevant'. Then again, i don't limit my PVE to just the starter class BS of high sec...

I guess I'm doing it wrong and should act like someone is victimizing me, I'll be a real PVEr then!

wow all this time I have been a victim Shocked

I NEED COMPENSATION! AND I WANT IT NOW

*sarcasm off*

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Sugar Smacks
State War Academy
Caldari State
#24 - 2015-09-10 18:40:13 UTC
David Therman wrote:
Sugar Smacks wrote:

I think i speak for anyone that would have known such a drastic change was coming from CCP, we wouldn't want a bunch of loyalty points scattered everywhere.

No, you don't, and there are things you can exchange for LP that are in constant demand. Granted, the LP-ISK ratio may be poor in most cases, but it'll leave you better off in any event. If it's only a matter of a few hundred loyalty points, that's not enough to warrant posting this I'm afraid.

If you believe I took around 100 corporations to 8.0 standing just to have a few hundred loyalty points you are sadly mistaken.

Its best to learn about a subject before commenting.
Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#25 - 2015-09-10 18:55:06 UTC
And they did not made Skin bug into a feature!
Its like noone wanted it, or used it, right CCP?
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#26 - 2015-09-10 19:32:14 UTC
Sugar Smacks wrote:
If you believe I took around 100 corporations to 8.0 standing just to have a few hundred loyalty points you are sadly mistaken.

you did what!? Shocked

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#27 - 2015-09-10 20:05:58 UTC
Sugar Smacks wrote:

Oh dear. I have jumpclones all over the place. My other characters do as well. Each character only farmed for 8.0 standing with 1 corporation in order to be able to do this. No need to grind standings for 100 different corporations at all, even before the changes.
Paranoid Loyd
#28 - 2015-09-10 20:09:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Paranoid Loyd
Sugar Smacks wrote:
100 corporations to 8.0 standing
U WAT?!? LolLolLolLol

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

Tippia
Sunshine and Lollipops
#29 - 2015-09-10 20:36:52 UTC
Max Deveron wrote:
hmmmm.....
Ok lets forget about standings
Lets forget about POS requirements
Lets forget about JumpClones
Lets mostly forget about market trading here
Lets forget about grinding missions.....

There is already a precedence fro exchanging LP set by CCP....Concord to whom ever....
That's part of the mystery, really.

There is some kernel of a sane complaint in the OP, but it's hidden behind all that GRRR about standings, and among the ones you've listed, only one would actually fit what the OP is GRRR:ing about.

Aanyway, the problem with LP exchange is that it somewhat reduces the point of having the various LP stores. If anything, it would make more sense to remove the Concord→Whatever exchange to stop devaluing all other LP.

Sugar Smacks wrote:
So because CCP removed content on me of which I had no choice, then added no new content for me, I am now stuck with loyalty points scattered all over the galaxy.
How are you stuck with them? What's keeping you from cashing in? What content was removed that now somehow disallows you from using your LP? Your complaint makes no sense.

Quote:
Why did I work for so many little corporations?
Good question. Why did you? What did you imagine that a bunch of smaller corps would give you?

Quote:
100 corporations to 8.0 standing
No, really. Whyyyyy?!Ugh
Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#30 - 2015-09-10 21:00:30 UTC
To be fair, if I'd managed to get around 100 corps to 8.0 I'd be fairly squirrley by the end of it.
Given that little nugget of context I'm not surprised the complaint isn't entirely "sensible"
I'm more impressed that she's still able to string words together consistently,
let alone complain about something vaguely related to lp.

In all honesty I think most of us would be learing at our nurses by that point.
Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#31 - 2015-09-10 22:29:41 UTC
Setting aside the nonsensical stuff about standings in this topic... I would like to be able to delete unwanted LP from my journal. I'd like to be able to forfeit expeditions I'm not interested in and clear those out of my journal as well. Everything must be neat and tidy. Scrub scrub scrub. Squeaky clean. Everything squeaky clean. /OCD
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#32 - 2015-09-10 23:06:48 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
Setting aside the nonsensical stuff about standings in this topic... I would like to be able to delete unwanted LP from my journal. I'd like to be able to forfeit expeditions I'm not interested in and clear those out of my journal as well. Everything must be neat and tidy. Scrub scrub scrub. Squeaky clean. Everything squeaky clean. /OCD

^This. I don't want a refund of "loose" LP, just to be able to at least sort the damn list a bit more. If I were to be a materialistic weasel in all this, I'd also like to ask for a "Right-click" option to set a waypoint to nearest station with that LP store.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Divine Entervention
Doomheim
#33 - 2015-09-11 20:40:04 UTC
Standings should be more important.

I'd like to get a 10.0 standing with the angel cartel and hang out with them in an asteroid belt.

Cloak inside of an anomaly and come out when the guy's tank is getting stressed to blow him up with zero interference from the angel ships cuz we're bros.
Reiisha
#34 - 2015-09-11 20:52:31 UTC
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly has changed about standings and LP recently that warrants this thread?

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#35 - 2015-09-11 21:21:17 UTC
Sugar Smacks wrote:
David Therman wrote:
Sugar Smacks wrote:

I think i speak for anyone that would have known such a drastic change was coming from CCP, we wouldn't want a bunch of loyalty points scattered everywhere.

No, you don't, and there are things you can exchange for LP that are in constant demand. Granted, the LP-ISK ratio may be poor in most cases, but it'll leave you better off in any event. If it's only a matter of a few hundred loyalty points, that's not enough to warrant posting this I'm afraid.

Shocked

If you ground 8.0 standings with 100!!! NPC corps... the only explaination I can think of for that is that for some bizarre reason you thought you needed 8.0 to even leave a clone you can jump to in a station.

I mean sure I'm laughing at you here, but I am also kind of horrified at the amount of effort you put into such a pointless goal (It was pointless even before the change.)

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Ralph King-Griffin
Lords.Of.Midnight
The Devil's Warrior Alliance
#36 - 2015-09-11 21:24:43 UTC
Reiisha wrote:
Pardon my ignorance, but what exactly has changed about standings and LP recently that warrants this thread?

Nothing, I think it's a cry for help more than anything else.
Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#37 - 2015-09-11 21:29:13 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
Reiisha wrote:

Nothing, I think it's a cry for help more than anything else.

I mean jeez I thought I was kind of overdoing it by having a total of... 8 or so hi sec corps to L4 standings across 4 characters on 2 accounts, just to make sure that I could easily relocate and have a fallback income source in hisec "just in case". And JC standings for the Angels corps are a sensible goal for someone who spends a bunch of time in Curse.

But 8.0 standings for a hundred NPC corps? I can't imagine how much time that must have taken. I don't want to try.

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#38 - 2015-09-11 21:31:33 UTC
Reiisha wrote:

no standings requirement for jump clones from npc stations. which is honestly a nice quality of life thing for most people. and even though I have high standings to a decent number of corps, I prefer it the new way.

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#39 - 2015-09-11 21:36:32 UTC
Sugar Smacks, could you clarify exactly why you went to the trouble of getting 8.0 standings with 100 NPC corps? I assume it relates to jump clones, but what exactly was the motivation here?

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Sugar Smacks
State War Academy
Caldari State
#40 - 2015-09-11 22:14:49 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Sugar Smacks, could you clarify exactly why you went to the trouble of getting 8.0 standings with 100 NPC corps? I assume it relates to jump clones, but what exactly was the motivation here?

To provide jump clones all over the place, its not a complicated answer.

Getting to consolidate Loyalty points without penalty unlike Concord, would at least make the total screwing i got a little less painful.

They could always add content to make standing with smaller corporations usefull, but comon lets face some facts.

CCP knows there is an overwhelming majority of players who PVE or mission run.
The only new content these players have gotten in years is burner missions.
Have they added other content for lowsec or nullsec, well yes of course.

If the majority of your playerbase does one thing, and you provide content for the others instead, who are you working for?

How does adding content for the few over the many help EVE?

The problem goes back to gross corruption of ideas due to their belief of what you should be doing.
Not what you want to do, what they want you to do. Instead of making both option viable they have chosen, badly.

Yet the course continues with no thought to the majority of the playerbase without direction and little thought.
When you ignore the majority of the players they move on, as i will im sure as this place is stagnant as always.