These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Gecko than we love wil cost 200 m each soon

Author
Yun Kuai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#21 - 2015-09-03 06:50:22 UTC
Judging by the all comments regarding how many geckos they have stored away, even given the amount of e-peen length exaggeration, you still have to factor in there are still another few thousand people who also bought and stored away hordes of geckos. The ironic thing is people probably think they're getting rare when actualality they're just collecting dust Ugh

--------------------------------------------------------::::::::::::--:::-----:::---::::::::::::--------------:::----------:::----:::---:::----------------------:::::::-------:::---:::----::::::-------------------:::-----------:::--:::----:::---------------------::::::::::::----:::::::----:::::::::::::-------

Bagrat Skalski
Koinuun Kotei
#22 - 2015-09-03 06:58:35 UTC
Geckos are good good for speculation.

They will cost 500 M each, buy everyone there is. Now. Lol

Who will want to sell them now? For what price?

499 999 999,99 ISK Cool
La Rynx
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#23 - 2015-09-03 07:50:55 UTC
So riya wrote:
Why put the drone or the ships in game when we can not play with that ?? **** CCP

Nonsense you can play with them.

Those where unique gifts. Seldom used, cause if they are lost, they will not be replaced.
This makes them so expensive.
So buy them. get them destroyed and raise the price for those who still can sell them.
Rare stuff is expensive.

Atomic Virulent : "You can't spell DOUCHE. without CODE."

Doctor Knuckles
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#24 - 2015-09-03 13:11:51 UTC
still, i hope someday CCP will put out BPs for them, they're fun to play with
Anna Karhunen
Inoue INEXP
#25 - 2015-09-03 13:15:58 UTC
Doctor Knuckles wrote:
still, i hope someday CCP will put out BPs for them, they're fun to play with

I hope so too, though only because of the tears that the Gecko speculators would shed.

As my old maths teacher used to say: "Statistics are like bikinis: It's what they don't show that's interesting". -CCP Aporia

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#26 - 2015-09-03 13:19:12 UTC
Artistul wrote:
Hope they will be 200 mil soon, I got 500 of them. I guess I'll just have to wait a bit Evil
You realise they aren't like normal limited edition items, right? CCP is very likely to continue to distribute them from time to time.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.

Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#27 - 2015-09-03 14:20:59 UTC
Lucas Kell wrote:
Artistul wrote:
Hope they will be 200 mil soon, I got 500 of them. I guess I'll just have to wait a bit Evil
You realise they aren't like normal limited edition items, right? CCP is very likely to continue to distribute them from time to time.

Remember the tears over the CA-X implants?
Azami Nevinyrall
#28 - 2015-09-03 14:33:40 UTC
So that was a good investment...

Bellatrix Invicta
Doomheim
#29 - 2015-09-03 14:53:23 UTC
This thread DRIPS with risk-aversion. Use the Geckos; lose the Geckos. That's what they're for.

If you think you've won, think again.

The CODE always wins.

Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#30 - 2015-09-03 16:32:15 UTC
Damn, I completely forgot I had a stack of those things lying around. Bought a bunch the day they were released, meant to use em....and now just collecting dust.....somewhere.....

.....I should really find them.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#31 - 2015-09-03 17:03:40 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Lucas Kell wrote:
Artistul wrote:

Remember the tears over the CA-X implants?

heh, I sold mine for ~900m because I was pretty sure I'd get some more for Christmas. turns out I was wrong with the timing, could have made a bit more isk but hindsight and all.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Jax Kazen
Doomheim
#32 - 2015-09-03 17:49:58 UTC
Geckos will only go as high as people are willing to pay for them.
Cidanel Afuran
Grant Village
#33 - 2015-09-03 17:54:57 UTC
you are all crazy. I see Geckos being sold in Jita local for only a few mil all the time
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#34 - 2015-09-03 18:23:42 UTC
^ Jita local always has the awesome deals!

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#35 - 2015-09-03 18:26:26 UTC
Heh - I've must have lost 10 of them but I have a bunch more from replacement and have noted the price creeping up.

Running 2X Gecko with 2X medium and one light from a Hyperion has been fun and outstanding DPS.

Time to mothball them for a while.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#36 - 2015-09-03 19:55:05 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Heh - I've must have lost 10 of them but I have a bunch more from replacement and have noted the price creeping up.

Running 2X Gecko with 2X medium and one light from a Hyperion has been fun and outstanding DPS.

Time to mothball them for a while.

Geckos have become purpleized aka they're worth ganking your ship for them. Specially while they're in space and safe from the loot fairy...

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Alexa Coates
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2015-09-03 20:07:20 UTC
these things are probably one of the best things ccp has added to the game. I'd love something in the same vein, if we can never get gecks back. Mini-fighters are a great idea and seemed to balance themselves.

That's a Templar, an Amarr fighter used by carriers.

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#38 - 2015-09-04 00:51:05 UTC
You know what is really interesting.

4 days ago you could buy Gecko for around 80 mill by shopping around. Their were some for that price at Amarr.

After this thread there are now buy orders for 100 mill plus.

I am wondering if the OP is actually a gecko speculator pushing the price up.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#39 - 2015-09-04 09:38:36 UTC
Meanwhile, I've lost my first Gecko in action and that's going to mean a radical change in my current PvE doctrine. Highsec is too dangerous to fly a ISKtar there, they're better suit to print money in nullsec. Bear

(On a side note, it's kinda interesting how a ISKtar fit can print many million ISK per hour in null without as much as being at the keyboard, whereas in high security space no amount of drone shepherding could save a webbed Gecko under heavy frigate fire... risk/reward and yadda yadda yadda)

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Lucas Kell
Solitude Trading
S.N.O.T.
#40 - 2015-09-04 09:55:06 UTC
I do like to use geckos from time to time, but my habit of flying away and leaving my drones floating in space has bit me in the ass a couple of times.

The Indecisive Noob - EVE fan blog.

Wholesale Trading - The new bulk trading mailing list.