These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Gecko than we love wil cost 200 m each soon

Author
Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#41 - 2015-09-04 11:19:11 UTC
I intentionally avoid flying ships that can handle them, because I like them so much.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Miss Masquerade
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#42 - 2015-09-04 11:59:12 UTC
Hard to believe they increased so much in value Shocked

I'll probably stop using them and put em on display in my CQ from now on.
afkalt
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#43 - 2015-09-04 11:59:25 UTC
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai wrote:
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Heh - I've must have lost 10 of them but I have a bunch more from replacement and have noted the price creeping up.

Running 2X Gecko with 2X medium and one light from a Hyperion has been fun and outstanding DPS.

Time to mothball them for a while.

Geckos have become purpleized aka they're worth ganking your ship for them. Specially while they're in space and safe from the loot fairy...

Yup, I'm gonna have to take them out my machariels
Arla Sarain
#44 - 2015-09-04 12:48:40 UTC
So riya wrote:
Why put the drone or the ships in game when we can not play with that ?? **** CCP

1. Grind ISK
2. Purchase Gecko
3. play with Gecko

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#45 - 2015-09-04 13:35:31 UTC
Arla Sarain wrote:
So riya wrote:
Why put the drone or the ships in game when we can not play with that ?? **** CCP

1. Grind ISK
2. Purchase Gecko
3. play with Gecko

But but... :effort:
Celise Katelo
State War Academy
Caldari State
#46 - 2015-09-04 14:20:12 UTC
I haven't used mine yet, mainly because i haven't the skills to fly a ship that will make use of them. But its in my training queue for a Rattler Blink

Tengu, Gila pilot, rest is in progress P

Gecko skin is so Sexy P

EVEBoard ...Just over 60million skill points, each skill was chosen for a reason. I closed my eyes & clicked another skill to train... "BINGO...!!!" ... "This time i got something usefull"

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#47 - 2015-09-04 15:28:58 UTC
I have a pile of 50, and, bit by bit, I just released them all, shot them, and bragged about it in local.

"Because Bumble's worth it"

Perfection is a dish best served like wasabi .

Bumble's Space Log

Malcanis
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#48 - 2015-09-04 19:28:58 UTC
Aplysia Vejun wrote:
I've got a thousand of them too... bought at a price from 10-20mio.

The problem is just: they are getting too expensive to actually use. I really liked them, they are much better all in all than heavies

10-20M is too expensive?

"Just remember later that I warned against any change to jump ranges or fatigue. You earned whats coming."

Grath Telkin, 11.10.2016

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#49 - 2015-09-04 19:30:11 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Aplysia Vejun wrote:

The problem is just: they are getting too expensive to actually use. I really liked them, they are much better all in all than heavies

10-20M is too expensive?

I think the operative word was 'getting'... Big smile

Bumble's Space Log

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#50 - 2015-09-04 19:48:02 UTC
Malcanis wrote:
Aplysia Vejun wrote:

10-20M is too expensive?

They're more like 100-120 a piece in Jita. I am considering to name the ones I still have, they're becoming like pets or something.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#51 - 2015-09-04 22:51:08 UTC
To some extent, the Gecko was an experiment by CCP to see if they were a good replacemnt for heavy combat drones. That is, do the same task with fewer drones, thus reducing server load. I assume they did that, as they were well received and used.

I hope CCP releases an equivalent drone that does the same task as the Gecko. (But not more Geckos themselves. Leave those as collector's items.)

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Val'Dore
PlanetCorp InterStellar
#52 - 2015-09-05 00:07:31 UTC
I'd like to see the medium and light versions.

Star Jump Drive A new way to traverse the galaxy.

I invented Tiericide

Yun Kuai
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#53 - 2015-09-05 07:48:35 UTC
What I'd to see if they release a Gecko-X BPO that is essentially the Gecko, but not on steriods. That way we would still have a strong heavy drone, but no so OP as the Geckos are currently. Then they can be mass produced and pew pew'ed everyday.

Although, I would love to get some tasty forum tears if CCP announced the current Gecko would become a permanent thing and BPO's are being released. Suddenly the price would drop down to <10mil/unit and all the people who've been hoarding them would panic sellPirate

--------------------------------------------------------::::::::::::--:::-----:::---::::::::::::--------------:::----------:::----:::---:::----------------------:::::::-------:::---:::----::::::-------------------:::-----------:::--:::----:::---------------------::::::::::::----:::::::----:::::::::::::-------

Mr Mieyli
Doomheim
#54 - 2015-09-05 13:21:32 UTC
Bumblefck wrote:
Malcanis wrote:
Aplysia Vejun wrote:

10-20M is too expensive?

I think the operative word was 'getting'... Big smile

The point was he has 1000 of them that he bought for 10M each, so they only cost him 10M to lose. Sure he could sell them now and make money, but he can equally choose to use them and be one of few people able to still use them cost effectively.

This post brought to you by CCP's alpha forum alt initiative. Playing the eve forums has never come cheaper.

Bumblefck
Kerensky Initiatives
#55 - 2015-09-05 13:59:44 UTC
I understand that, but I was actually referring to Malcanis's post, not Alpysia's.

Bumble's Space Log

M1k3y Koontz
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#56 - 2015-09-05 17:30:43 UTC
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
I've managed to collect 30-40 of these buggers off of Ishtar kills. Who knows how many I've blown up.

Holding on to your stock of Geckos as an investment can be risky though. Just ask people who invested heavily in Geno implants. Blink

I invested a few months after the 3's and 4's were given out in larger numbers and did quite well Twisted, (though I could've done better if I didn't stall on selling all of them when it hit 100m).

How much herp could a herp derp derp if a herp derp could herp derp.

Bellatrix Invicta
Doomheim
#57 - 2015-09-05 17:58:11 UTC
M1k3y Koontz wrote:
Unezka Turigahl wrote:
I've managed to collect 30-40 of these buggers off of Ishtar kills. Who knows how many I've blown up.

Holding on to your stock of Geckos as an investment can be risky though. Just ask people who invested heavily in Geno implants. Blink

I invested a few months after the 3's and 4's were given out in larger numbers and did quite well Twisted, (though I could've done better if I didn't stall on selling all of them when it hit 100m).

I have 24 Geckos and 31 of each flavor of Geno.

USE THEM. My alts all have full heads of Genos and full drone bays of Geckos. Yes, I will eventually lose them but that's the price you pay to USE them.

If you think you've won, think again.

The CODE always wins.

Shailagh
6Six6Six6Six
#58 - 2015-11-19 22:57:06 UTC
How soon is this supposed to happen OP?
By end of year?
Scipio Artelius
The Vendunari
End of Life
#59 - 2015-11-19 23:03:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Scipio Artelius
Shailagh wrote:
How soon is this supposed to happen OP?
By end of year?

How long before CAM is allowed back? It's much better when you necro and troll with CAM instead of your other characters.

As to Gecko's, not likely to happen for a while.

The market kind of dropped out of them with the announcement of the Capital changes, with carriers no longer being able to use normal drones. Geckos are under 80 million now.

So it'll take a while for them to climb back up again as demand has dropped.
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#60 - 2015-11-19 23:09:25 UTC
Some people here kinda remind me of that child given Barbie Doll's for XMAS that sits them unopened on the shelf in the original packing because they might be worth something one day.