These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

BREAKING NEWS: I KISSED A GIRL TODAY

Author
Xenuria
#61 - 2011-12-30 15:22:10 UTC
Kietay Ayari wrote:
What music you like is an interest, your IQ is not. It is a fact about yourself. It's actually worse than how much you can lift, your IQ is closer to sharing your eye colour with someone else. Also saying you are a good match because you both have high IQs is also as silly as saying you will make a good match because you have the same eye colour.

Not trying to be rude but that's a really poor measure of compatibility. o_o

On a side note! I suspect people who exercise all day instead of learning like he does do actually share how much they can lift when they meet someone, so its probably more common to share these random facts than I originally thought! Reminder: common =! logical.

Do you have any idea how hard it is to find a smart girl where I live? I agree that IQ can mean nothing if it is measured with the wrong tests. I prefer to average an IQ score across the standard, the raven and a third of the individuals choosing. This enhances accuracy. IQ is just a number still... That is why I use a number of factors to determine if a female is "safe" to interact with.

The girl in question knows at least 3 different languages fluently and is remarkably intelligent. Her prodigious intellect is matched only by her innate beauty and attractiveness. She also smells nice.

I have a deep desire to merge with her and start third impact.
Kietay Ayari
Caldari State
#62 - 2011-12-30 15:39:26 UTC
Do you have any idea how hard it is to find smart people anywhere? Not the, I've read every book in the library smart, but the actual, I have thought this through and not made an incredibly dumb choice smart.

Good job and good luck to you still! :D Terrifyingly romantic.

Ferox #1

Valei Khurelem
#63 - 2011-12-30 16:21:29 UTC
Define 'smart', I've talked to people who supposedly do university degrees or got high grades in school and are honestly pretty dumb because they only know how to write what teachers and tests want them to.

"don't get us wrong, we don't want to screw new players, on the contrary. The core problem here is that tech 1 frigates and cruisers should be appealing enough to be viable platforms in both PvE and PvP."   - CCP Ytterbium

Atticus Fynch
#64 - 2011-12-30 16:45:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Atticus Fynch
Valei Khurelem wrote:
Define 'smart', I've talked to people who supposedly do university degrees or got high grades in school and are honestly pretty dumb because they only know how to write what teachers and tests want them to.

Intelligence (IQ) is a measure of problem solving ability.

Memorization doesnt imply intelligence, so yes it's possible to have a college degree and not be intelligent.

[b]★★★Cargo Pilots Unite!!!★★★ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=668132&#post668132[/b]

Xenuria
#65 - 2011-12-30 21:25:59 UTC
Atticus Fynch wrote:
Valei Khurelem wrote:

Intelligence (IQ) is a measure of problem solving ability.

Memorization doesnt imply intelligence, so yes it's possible to have a college degree and not be intelligent.

I agree memorization and comprehension are two separate things.

I have both.

I graduated from MCCC at age 17 with 2 AS degrees. As you can probably guess, I skipped right past high-school and went straight to college at age 14. In one more semester I will have my BA in Psychology and my BA in Technical Systems Management.

I am going to go for my Doctorate in Psychology and maybe get a job then. Right now getting a job does not appear to be in the cards for me. Despite my numerous references and qualifications.
FloppieTheBanjoClown
Arcana Imperii Ltd.
#66 - 2011-12-30 22:18:41 UTC
Lemme just stop this now before it gets into a pissing contest about who is smarter. It doesn't matter. On the internet everyone has a 180 IQ, a 10 inch penis, and drives a Ferrari. Not saying you guys were starting it, it's just that I've seen such stupidity start with threads like this back in my forum moderation days. NEVER AGAIN!

Also, I dislike people bragging about their intelligence, and not because I'm jealous. Because it makes the rest of us smart people look like pricks along with you.

Founding member of the Belligerent Undesirables movement.

Surfin's PlunderBunny
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#67 - 2011-12-30 22:34:41 UTC
FloppieTheBanjoClown wrote:
Lemme just stop this now before it gets into a pissing contest about who is smarter. It doesn't matter. On the internet everyone has a 180 IQ, a 10 inch *****, and drives a Ferrari. Not saying you guys were starting it, it's just that I've seen such stupidity start with threads like this back in my forum moderation days. NEVER AGAIN!

Also, I dislike people bragging about their intelligence, and not because I'm jealous. Because it makes the rest of us smart people look like pricks along with you.

I see what you did there Blink

Also only peasants drive Ferarri... I drive a Koenigsegg CCX Cool

"Little ginger moron" ~David Hasselhoff 

Want to see what Surf is training or how little isk Surf has?  http://eveboard.com/pilot/Surfin%27s_PlunderBunny

Xenuria
#68 - 2011-12-31 01:11:44 UTC
I am just attempting to articulate the point that being what I am puts me apart from NTs (Neuro-Typicals).
I don't really fit in anywhere and nobody ever invites me to do anything. They all just pretend to be my friends because they feel sorry for me or feel some sort of moral obligation that comes short of being genuinely helpful to me.

They let me eat with them during lunch but they never add me on FB or give me their cell number. I have many many pretend friends and even more frenemys. I have no REAL friends outside EVE Online.

I had one friend... Once... But she turned out to be a sociopath with cunning and intellectual prowess that far surpassed my own. So seductive she was and yet so harsh and cold. I was blinded by her majesty, her athletic form and her smokey androgynous voice. She was... Perfect.
She was stronger then me, smarter then me and far more devious then I could ever imagine anyone being.
There were no bruises, no cuts or scrapes.
She never lifted a hand against me, she didn't have to. What she did in action and word was far more damaging then any physical injury could be.

She hurt me in ways nobody has ever hurt me before. She reached down into my very core and ravaged me, made me feel like I was nothing without her and then after she had succeeded in that she left me. She was my Judas. She was my antithesis, cleverly shrouded and disguised in the form of an androgynous female field hockey player.

I still wake up screaming sometimes, begging her not to shut me out. I learned some time after that I can never take back the room she rented in my soul but maybe just maybe I can give that same room to somebody else. This is my quest.

I seek to repair the damage through psycho-sexual healing. I MUST FIND A PARTNER TO BOND WITH!

I MUST BE MADE WHOLE AGAIN!
Serria Mau
Kybernauts
Kybernauts Clade
#69 - 2011-12-31 04:42:40 UTC
Xenuria.... I feel the heart[<3]throbbing desire to state that.....

.... I generally don't like your forum posts....

Also Pics or gtfo in case no one else had said it yet, although i guess i could just look through this thread for all posts not written by you, considering it wouldn't take long....

In any case, good luck, and i liked you better with a monocle. It suited your eve persona even if it did look spectacularly terrible.

- Arch
Corin Lethander
Pints and Prospectors
#70 - 2011-12-31 05:27:18 UTC
Sigh. I really shouldn't post but its like some unseen force pulled me towards the thread, for some reason. LOL.

I'm older, not to smart. I read a lot. No beer gut (getting close..lol) had my heart ripped out quite a few times and done it to others a few more. Don't have a 10 inch **** but have gone to jail for pissing on a ferrari. I have some experiance in mental illness, some in sheer stupidity.. With that said...

Xenuria, for all that is good, don't go on! The last post...hurt, for lack of a better term. With all your 'IQ' and degree pursuing into psychology, you should be able to analyze your own case. Why you have no friends, why girls twist you so. Just step back and take a look at yourself. The ravaging 'poor me' posts just... I don't know, give me the willies? LOL

Now, unfortunatly, with the way I've heard Aspergers works, I'm sure you will be unable to do so and some high vocabulary counter will come spewing out...Thats the condition, maybe high intelligence and comprehension but little practical application.

As said, not sure why I looked on this thread.. but yea. My 2 cents given. OH, another note though. With that...flowery vocabulary, perhaps you should try the Eve Fiction game.. if you haven't already. Might fit in there.

Anyways, later!
Waylan Yutani
SkyLark Insurgency
#71 - 2011-12-31 09:53:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Waylan Yutani
Why don't you stop feeling sorry for yourself ?

As an aspie who is intrested in psychology you must have had a lot of time trying to analyze why people act the way that they do around you. Time to apply some of that knowledgde into rl.

Start out using lorna wings triad and see what part of having ASD applies to you and what not (if you havent done so yet). Start making small assignments for yourself to automatize certain behavioral patterns that comes unnatural to you. Ie; shake hands, say "good day to you too" (even though you dont mean it), learn to identify when someone is uninterested in your topic (ie: looking at the watch, looking away, trying to change topic etc.). Learn how to show respect for your freinds by being a less like "scumbag steve" and more like" good guy greg" (know the common courtesy etiquette).

use a personal diary to keep track of your progress.

Get those social skills working for you.

Rl is not here, its out there - I'm not sure MMO's are super healthy for people with ASD.
Xenuria
#72 - 2011-12-31 14:43:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Xenuria
Waylan Yutani wrote:
Why don't you stop feeling sorry for yourself ?

As an aspie who is intrested in psychology you must have had a lot of time trying to analyze why people act the way that they do around you. Time to apply some of that knowledgde into rl.

Start out using lorna wings triad and see what part of having ASD applies to you and what not (if you havent done so yet). Start making small assignments for yourself to automatize certain behavioral patterns that comes unnatural to you. Ie; shake hands, say "good day to you too" (even though you dont mean it), learn to identify when someone is uninterested in your topic (ie: looking at the watch, looking away, trying to change topic etc.). Learn how to show respect for your freinds by being a less like "scumbag steve" and more like" good guy greg" (know the common courtesy etiquette).

use a personal diary to keep track of your progress.

Get those social skills working for you.

Rl is not here, its out there - I'm not sure MMO's are super healthy for people with ASD.

The problem lies not so much with my own social skills but with the hypocritical nature of society. Many times girls will make friends with me and show a real interest in me, then at some point I let them know I have autism and they flip script on me.

Even still girls in NJ don't want an honest, loyal, compassionate savant like me. They want to be penetrated by as many huge black ***** as they can in a weeks time.

It is partially my own fault for not having better control over my emotions. I CAN be "normal" but only for short periods of time.
It's like I put on a mask and the mask wears off if I start having fun or enjoying myself. I am gradually getting better at it.

The amphetamines I am prescribed have helped me so much to be normal. They are Notropic in effect so they give me the presence of mind and the iron clad focus to keep remembering my "normal" mannerisms and behaviors.

I want to be normal as a means to have friends.
But
I also want to have fun and express myself in a way the feels natural.

Don't feel sorry for me alot of people with my condition don't even have an education or an articulate vocabulary. Feel happy for me that I have come this far and still may yet go farther.
Astenion
Purple Void Corporation
#73 - 2011-12-31 17:48:31 UTC
This happens all over the world, but it's especially rampant in the US, Xenuria. I've lived all over the world and I currently live in Europe but grew up as an American in the states, and I can honestly say that American young women are, as a whole, the most insecure, egotistical, selfish, manipulating, crass, classless, boorish, uncouth, insipid cunts in the entire world. It's literally finding a needle in a haystack if you find one that doesn't have at least five of these attributes. Women aged 30 and over are your best bet in the US because quite literally 99% of the young American women between 18-29 are wastes of space and your time.

They think only of themselves because everything in their life is a competition between them and everyone else. They only do things to say, "Hey, look at me! I'm special!" Every time I go back home I'm as rude as I can possibly be to them every time they start opening their mouths, thinking everyone wants to hear them blather on about themselves for hours on end.

You're better off either moving or just jerking off the rest of your life. Trust me.
Xenuria
#74 - 2011-12-31 17:57:42 UTC
Astenion wrote:
This happens all over the world, but it's especially rampant in the US, Xenuria. I've lived all over the world and I currently live in Europe but grew up as an American in the states, and I can honestly say that American young women are, as a whole, the most insecure, egotistical, selfish, manipulating, crass, classless, boorish, uncouth, insipid cunts in the entire world. It's literally finding a needle in a haystack if you find one that doesn't have at least five of these attributes. Women aged 30 and over are your best bet in the US because quite literally 99% of the young American women between 18-29 are wastes of space and your time.

They think only of themselves because everything in their life is a competition between them and everyone else. They only do things to say, "Hey, look at me! I'm special!" Every time I go back home I'm as rude as I can possibly be to them every time they start opening their mouths, thinking everyone wants to hear them blather on about themselves for hours on end.

You're better off either moving or just jerking off the rest of your life. Trust me.

I don't plan on moving. I guess that limits my options somewhat. Maybe somebody will come along and appreciate me for who I am.
Astenion
Purple Void Corporation
#75 - 2012-01-01 15:06:39 UTC
Just give it time. Someone will eventually come along, but here's the problem: women in general (and, as before, especially American women) like to "pretend" in the beginning and like to show only their best. Everything you do is "cute" and "sweet" to them in the beginning, even things they don't like. If you like playing video games, playing music, reading, watching lots of films, playing sports, regular meetings with friends, etc., you need to lay the ground rules in the very beginning and be up front. If not, fast forward a year or less and they'll be constantly bitching that you're playing Eve and not "spending time with them", which usually entails doing things THEY want to do.

This hypocrisy is rampant in our culture. Women don't want you to spend time with them; what they really want is for you to be their lap dog and keep them company while they do the things they want to do. That whole "spend some time together" simply means they don't like being bored and you're their personal jester to keep them entertained, even if it's just sitting on the couch watching bullshit reality tv.

Therefore, you MUST put your balls out there and give the ultimatum in the beginning, before any of this **** has a chance to take hold. You have to say, "This is who I am. I will never change who I am. Don't think you're going to change me because you're not, and I'm not some ******* little pet project for you to drag around with you like a little dog in your purse. If it comes between me being who I am and you, I'll choose me every time." If they agree and understand in the very beginning, then they also will later on and they'll respect you for it.

The modern-day woman is, quite frankly, an annoyance by and large. Not even their skills in bed will be enough to compensate. Don't fall into that trap.
Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#76 - 2012-01-02 14:54:28 UTC
Astenion wrote:

^^This...THIS!!!!^^

Trouble is, they don't get any better as they age, either. By age 30-odd, most of them have already shat out 3 kids by 3 different ditch-pigs, ruined their looks--make no mistake, their only valuable asset in 95% of cases--and then take to looking for an emotionally-mature, relationship worthy man to be their meal-ticket/therapist to clean up their self-inflicted ruin of a life for them.

In my experience, it's usually women aged 35-40+ who are the only ones worth anything, and even among those, you have to paw through a looooooooooooooooooot of dross to find the gold. The problem is, this culture helps a lot of dross make itself look like gold, and you often don't see the truth until far too late.

Date non-Western, OP:

Most of the women here on this continent are defective, pathologically self-absorbed, needy, poisonous female TRASH.

Ni.

Lyrrashae
Hellstar Towing and Recovery
#77 - 2012-01-02 14:59:41 UTC
Astenion wrote:
Just give it time. Someone will eventually come along, but here's the problem: women in general (and, as before, especially American women) like to "pretend" in the beginning and like to show only their best. Everything you do is "cute" and "sweet" to them in the beginning, even things they don't like. If you like playing video games, playing music, reading, watching lots of films, playing sports, regular meetings with friends, etc., you need to lay the ground rules in the very beginning and be up front. If not, fast forward a year or less and they'll be constantly bitching that you're playing Eve and not "spending time with them", which usually entails doing things THEY want to do.

This hypocrisy is rampant in our culture. Women don't want you to spend time with them; what they really want is for you to be their lap dog and keep them company while they do the things they want to do. That whole "spend some time together" simply means they don't like being bored and you're their personal jester to keep them entertained, even if it's just sitting on the couch watching bullshit reality tv.

Therefore, you MUST put your balls out there and give the ultimatum in the beginning, before any of this **** has a chance to take hold. You have to say, "This is who I am. I will never change who I am. Don't think you're going to change me because you're not, and I'm not some ******* little pet project for you to drag around with you like a little dog in your purse. If it comes between me being who I am and you, I'll choose me every time." If they agree and understand in the very beginning, then they also will later on and they'll respect you for it.

The modern-day woman is, quite frankly, an annoyance by and large. Not even their skills in bed will be enough to compensate. Don't fall into that trap.

^^And this, too^^

Ni.

ninjaholic
Tactical Feed.
Pandemic Horde
#78 - 2012-01-02 19:53:06 UTC
Your docking request was accepted? GOOD SHEET <3

Support Eve's own built-in Battle-Recorder!

Solinuas
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#79 - 2012-01-02 23:45:25 UTC
Funniest thing is, i find the best women in strange places, i found my wife on FURAFFINITY of all places, and i never had any of the issues mentioned.
Xenuria
#80 - 2012-01-02 23:47:41 UTC
Solinuas wrote:
Funniest thing is, i find the best women in strange places, i found my wife on FURAFFINITY of all places, and i never had any of the issues mentioned.

Ewww....