These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Reintroduce standings info from other players (standing tab for faction and corp standings)!

Author
Xorv
Questionable Acquisitions
#41 - 2011-12-15 23:29:44 UTC
Private info??? Faction Standing and Corp Standing from an RP sense would not likely be private. All the people in these huge organizations are aware of your good or bad standings, yet some how Pod pilots with enormous resources at their disposal don't? Nonsense.

Gameplay, wise it helps give our characters more identity, or should we be hiding our portraits and names, corps and alliances as well Lol?

Agent standings maybe, but I imagine the objections in showing those is fear of being targeted by enemies and pirates, and nothing to do with RP. Anyway, quite satisfied to have Faction and Corp Standing only show. ... Agent info you should be able to get from Locator Agents Twisted.
Goose99
#42 - 2011-12-16 16:18:25 UTC
Xorv wrote:
Private info??? Faction Standing and Corp Standing from an RP sense would not likely be private. All the people in these huge organizations are aware of your good or bad standings, yet some how Pod pilots with enormous resources at their disposal don't? Nonsense.

Gameplay, wise it helps give our characters more identity, or should we be hiding our portraits and names, corps and alliances as well Lol?

Agent standings maybe, but I imagine the objections in showing those is fear of being targeted by enemies and pirates, and nothing to do with RP. Anyway, quite satisfied to have Faction and Corp Standing only show. ... Agent info you should be able to get from Locator Agents Twisted.

"Privacy" is only a weak excuse trolls came up, since there's nothing else. Eve mentality is: if it screws you, it's good. Anything broken, unless it affects me, shouldn't be fixed.
Callidus Dux
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#43 - 2011-12-23 11:55:08 UTC
The ability to choose by yourself, if you want to show your standings, seems to be a good idea.

When can we expect these changes CCP?
Carola Kessler
Lost Sisters Of New Eden
#44 - 2011-12-30 06:31:46 UTC
And another Bump of this topic, since nobody either from CCP nor CSM gave any comment about this issue until now.

So i hope to get some CCP Dev or CSM members attention to this thread and the very valid point from the OP.

Please CCP Devs read more often the Features & Ideas Section and reply more to the topics there.
Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#45 - 2012-01-01 09:52:32 UTC
☆。★。☆。★
。☆ 。☆。☆
★。\|/。★
Happy New Year!
★。/|\。★
。☆。 。☆。
☆。 ★。 ☆
Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#46 - 2012-01-05 11:31:01 UTC
bump
Dosperado
Ethereal Morality
The Initiative.
#47 - 2012-01-14 17:06:25 UTC
Closed 2 accounts due to this issue. 3rd and final one is pending and will be closed soon.

Good job CCP!

EVE Veteran

Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#48 - 2012-02-05 10:09:08 UTC
Another bump for this thread. Please have a look to this issue CCP. Both sides have, more or less, valid arguments. Include a mechanism to make the showing of our standings optional.

This should be easy to be implemented and would help all participants.
Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#49 - 2012-02-22 09:51:11 UTC
another bump - till this problem is solved
Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#50 - 2012-03-01 19:32:52 UTC
Hiho o/
Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#51 - 2012-03-08 20:50:37 UTC
bump
Caliph Muhammed
Perkone
Caldari State
#52 - 2012-03-08 21:06:12 UTC
Lord Ryan wrote:
Arche vile wrote:
U mad?
His avatar looks mad. The question is, what is you avatar doing?

Wiping hot pocket sauce off the flight controls.
Eve Mione
Eve Industry Unlimited
#53 - 2012-03-10 01:36:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Eve Mione
In my honest opinion, this feature should not have been touched or in the least, completely removing the ability to check other pilots standings towards Empire Faction and NPC Corporations. The lag generated by this list was usually from the agents standings, making them either optional and or hidden tab if we so desired to load them. I too await some kind of answer as to why this has not been addressed and fixed. - Please fix or comment CCP

*Bump for justice.
*EDITED: For grammar/spelling.
Bridget Banks
State War Academy
Caldari State
#54 - 2012-03-10 16:30:28 UTC
+1

Don't think anyone care about agents standings, that can be left out.
Dosperado
Ethereal Morality
The Initiative.
#55 - 2012-03-20 11:12:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Dosperado
CCP Spitwrite wrote on 2011.05.27 06:03:00:

TOPIC: WE CANT SEE CROSS NPC STANDINGS!!!

http://community.eveonline.com/ingameboard.asp?a=topic&threadID=1513595&page=3#89

Hello everyone,

Sorry for the delayed response. Unfortunately I cannot provide any specifics at this point, but let's just say that the team working on these changes is aware of the issues. I hope to have some more information for you next week (fingers crossed).

--

Nearly ONE (1!!!) year later and still NO SOLUTION and NO ANSWER to that! What a shame. Facepalm.

CCP, I thought you wanted to listen to your playerbase again. I am wrong.

EVE Veteran

Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#56 - 2012-03-20 16:49:40 UTC
Do not give up Dos! I hope CCP will bring back the standings for factions and corps. Big smile
Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#57 - 2012-03-28 07:06:42 UTC
Another bump to bring this issue on top. Can someone at CCP say something to this idea? Are you working on it or do you just ignore the community- against your former statements?
Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#58 - 2012-04-03 08:03:44 UTC
Back to top!
Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#59 - 2012-04-06 16:12:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Callidus Dux
To CCP Spitfire or any other Employee @CCP's DEV Team:

as you stated on the 2011.05.27 06:03:00 with your post #89; I would like to remind you to provide us (THE COMMUNITY) with new details concerning this issue with the current, useless standing tab.

How should we think about the statement that "the team working on these changes is aware of the issues" and that you or another DEV from CCP would "have some more information (...) next week (fingers crossed)" ? This promise was not just one week ago till now.. it is now nearly one year.
It is a legit request from your customer that you re enable the functionality of the standing tab!
Callidus Dux
Caldari State
#60 - 2012-05-10 15:36:11 UTC
bump