These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Unscheduled Downtime Extension – July 15, 2015

First post First post First post
Author
Kasli Catal
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#3241 - 2015-07-15 19:17:13 UTC
Posting to check kil- errr likes
Victor Sane
A-1 Industrial and Salvage
#3242 - 2015-07-15 19:17:13 UTC
server just booted up but not currently accepting any authentications from players

**The authentication token provided by the launcher is of an invalid format. Please try again or contact EVE customer support.**
Thulium Strauss
PODKA
#3243 - 2015-07-15 19:17:24 UTC
CCP!!!! Why don't you let us play on the Chinese Server (Serenity)?

:D
Armagast Sin Truth
Blackstone and Fairfield Transuniversal
Sentinels of Sukanan Alliance
#3244 - 2015-07-15 19:17:30 UTC
18:00 UTC - AFTER TESTING ON SINGULARITY WE WILL BE REBOOTING TQ TO TEST A FIX
18:30 UTC - WE ARE CURRENTLY STILL FAULTFINDING ON TQ - NO ETA FOR UPTIME AT THIS STAGE

Okay so can we get Singularity back? or is broke now too?
Kid-Adi en Thielles
Peace and Money
#3245 - 2015-07-15 19:17:31 UTC
CCP!! How's your progress?
Kirin Dae Duraldin
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#3246 - 2015-07-15 19:17:47 UTC
OH MY GOD I'VE GOT IT!!!

CALL THE DOCTOR, KNOCK HIM OUT, TAKE HIS SONIC SCREWDRIVER, POINT IT AT THE SERVER AND SAY WIBBLEY WOBBLEY TIMEY WIMEY STUFF.

Poof, problem resolved, get to work!

In other news. Man im bored lol. I've cleaned my whole house, and watched several episodes of FMA
Cadoc Credence
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3247 - 2015-07-15 19:17:53 UTC
Panthe3 Black wrote:
veolias wrote:
cheerio story TLDR.

Can anyone summarize ?

think it was about not eating them. please ignore this is just a TEST

OK, so there is this cheerio society. And in this society there are three classes of cheerios. There are frosted cheerios, and these guys are rich, like they have like infinite money and they have whatever they want. Then there are honey nut cheerios, these are like the middle class, they are normal people with nice stuff. Then there are plain cheerios, these are the cheerios that you find at the bottom of the box, and these guys are all broken and nasty and poor, most of them are like half a cheerio.

So there's this guy, and he's just a plain cheerio, and he's has like a broken up plain cheerio car, with a tiny old plain cheerio house. So this cheerio is not satisfied with his life as a plain cheerio, and he decides that he wants to be a Honey Nut Cheerio. So he goes ahead and sells everything he owns, he sells his house, his car, literally EVERYTHING he owns. With this money he goes to Honey Nut Cheerio College. So he studies his ass off and he gets good grades, and when he graduates, he's a Honey Nut Cheerio. So he lives his brand new Honey Nut Cheerio life, he gets a Honey Nut Cheerio car, with Honey Nut Cheerio house, and a cute Honey Nut Cheerio wife, and he even has a Honey Nut Cheerio dog. So he lives this Honey Nut Cheerio life for a while, and he enjoys it, but one day, he gets that feeling again, and he decides that he wants to be a Frosted Cheerio. So he again goes ahead and he sells his house, his car, his dog, he even sells his wife. And he goes to Frosted Cheerio University.

So when he graduates, he gets this Frosted Cheerio sports car, and this Frosted Cheerio Super model wife, and he even gets a pack of Frosted Cheerio pure-bred Racing hounds. So now he's satisfied and he is enjoying his life as a Frosted cheerio. One day he goes to this Frosted Cheerio restaurant that he's known about all his life, but he could never afford to go to. So he goes there and a waiter seats him, and he tries some of the bread, and it's the best bread he has ever tasted in his life. Then the waiter comes by and asks him if he wants the soup or the salad, so he looks around and sees that everyone is eating the soup, so he asks for the soup, and it's the best soup he has ever tasted in his life, like he decides that it is the only soup he will ever eat again. Next the waiter comes by and asks him if he wants the Steak or the Fish, and again he looks around and sees that everyone is eating the steak, so he goes ahead and orders that, and it's the best steak that he has ever tasted, and he decides that this is the only food he ever wants to eat again. So after all of this eating he is kinda thirsty, so he looks around and sees the orange juice, but he notices that the line to get some goes around the restaurant because it is so huge, next he looks at the mango juice, and again the line wraps around the other side of the restaurant. So he's kinda put off, but then he sees the fruit punch, and he's really happy because, There is no punch line.
stardog Arkaral
Warrior of the One
#3248 - 2015-07-15 19:17:57 UTC
Have you tried
1.Turn it off and on http://waterheatertimer.org/images/Push-breaker-fully-300.jpg
2. Jiggilng the wire's
Also we should receive compensation for extended downtime
Teneveve Zhjenaal
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3249 - 2015-07-15 19:17:57 UTC
bladerunnr25
Hero Kings
#3250 - 2015-07-15 19:18:04 UTC
dam i'm feeling sad that i cant kill ppl in low sec Sad
Chris Eraclea
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#3251 - 2015-07-15 19:18:11 UTC
TwistedMen of EVETwisted

A fights never over until all targets are silenced.
The cry of woman fill the air.
This is the only path to lead all our enemies to despair.
Show no weakness.
No doubt of hart.
For all your slaughter has yet to start.

C.H

Great lack of eve has me now turning into a poet ... Roll
ryuuzanx
ImperiaI Federation
Goonswarm Federation
#3252 - 2015-07-15 19:18:25 UTC
Tatsujin Kagaku wrote:
ok no googling. Lets check ages here. from which game did the following phrase come from

Arken Tanna Walked at night
Arken saw his final sight.
Now the question seems to be
What on earth did tanna see.

It was written on a tomb stone in the game.

If you get this right I will legitimately see you as a long time serious gamer.

Sounds like Fable, but I know I've played some oldschool RPGs where you can read tombstones... can't put my finger on a specific name though.
Garion Audeles
UK Deepspace Mining
#3253 - 2015-07-15 19:18:26 UTC
Erm....

It's not another volcano is it?
Dukes woman Ronuken
Homer Simpsons fam.
#3254 - 2015-07-15 19:18:27 UTC
Chevron7 wrote:
CCP actually just spilled coke on the hardware - http://gifland.us/555462

Shouldent it make it faster BlinkBlink
Victor Sane
A-1 Industrial and Salvage
#3255 - 2015-07-15 19:18:29 UTC
Thulium Strauss wrote:

why would that be better?... oyu would be starting from scratch and reading manderin all the time....
Eli Stan
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3256 - 2015-07-15 19:18:43 UTC
CCP Falcon wrote:

UPDATES:

13:00 UTC - AFTER SEVERAL FAILED STARTUPS, WE ARE CURRENTLY INVESTIGATING A STARTUP ISSUE
13:30 UTC - INVESTIGATION IS STILL ONGOING - NO FURTHER ETA ON UPTIME FOR TRANQUILITY
13:37 UTC - STARTUP FAILED AGAIN - INVESTIGATION IS ONGOING
14:00 UTC - INVESTIGATION IS STILL ONGOING
14:30 UTC - WE ARE CURRENTLY IN THE PROCESS OF REBOOTING AFTER FAULTFINDING AND CHANGES
15:00 UTC - FURTHER ATTEMPTS TO START UP HAVE FAILED - INVESTIGATION IS ONGOING
15:30 UTC - INVESTIGATION STILL ONGOING - NO ETA ON SERVER UPTIME
16:00 UTC - A FURTHER FAILED STARTUP AFTER A NUMBER OF CHANGES - INVESTIGATION ONGOING
17:00 UTC - INVESTIGATIONS STILL ONGOING - NO ETA ON SERVER UPTIME
17:30 UTC - WE ARE CURRENTLY FAULTFINDING - NO ETA ON SERVER UPTIME
18:00 UTC - AFTER TESTING ON SINGULARITY WE WILL BE REBOOTING TQ TO TEST A FIX
18:30 UTC - WE ARE CURRENTLY STILL FAULTFINDING ON TQ - NO ETA FOR UPTIME AT THIS STAGE
19:00 UTC - WE ARE CURRENTLY TESTING A FIX FOR THE ISSUES ON TQ. NO ETA FOR UPTIME AT THIS STAGE

Thank you for the updates. o7
Being in IT and having been through a few downtimes that lasted much longer than expected, and some unexpected downtimes as well, I'd like to offer some advice that's helped me out a lot.
Send somebody out to go get some food, and have the whole team decompress in a conference room for a while.
Talk about stuff other than work.
Elevate the mood. Lower the stress.
Give the analytic and creative thought processes time to regenerate.

McBarnacle
Project.Nova
The Initiative.
#3257 - 2015-07-15 19:18:48 UTC
Thulium Strauss wrote:

Yes, let us - and then we can all make references to Tiananmen Square. Twisted
Liam Oliphants
Doomheim
#3258 - 2015-07-15 19:18:49 UTC
veolias wrote:
cheerio story TLDR.

Can anyone summarize ?

You lose out on everything if you don't read it.
Marus Sulla
Masuat'aa Matari
Ushra'Khan
#3259 - 2015-07-15 19:18:54 UTC
Looks like my Minmatar Brothers and Sisters slaving on server farms finally cast the off the shackles of CCP and rose in revolt !

Death to the Dev Overlords, forward the glorious revolution !

No Pasaran Login Screen !!

Anam Matar.

The Soul of Matar.

Max Mayweather
Doomheim
#3260 - 2015-07-15 19:18:54 UTC
http://eve-offline.net/ says Tranquility is ok. didnt see that the last hours. but still not working properly