These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Out of Pod Experience

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

OK no more complaining about CCP not opening the CQ door

Author
Brujo Loco
Brujeria Teologica
#61 - 2015-07-13 19:41:25 UTC  |  Edited by: Brujo Loco
Nana Skalski wrote:
Delusions of grandeur, Haha. Yes. Delusions that made people take for granted the success of Incarna fuelled by neckbeards with hardon for pretty avatar babes in bikini suits emoting f u to a guy that neary killed him outside station, well just by thinking about it being a possibility, because it was nothing like that.


Come on, tell me you wont LOVE this in EVE? XD (and at 00:32 it explodes)

/s

On the other hand, if EVE CQ was like that we would reach a PCU of of 100.000 easily Ugh

Bonus: Hot Summer Dance

Inner Sayings of BrujoLoco: http://eve-files.com/sig/brujoloco

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#62 - 2015-07-13 20:10:27 UTC
Brujo Loco wrote:
Nana Skalski wrote:
Delusions of grandeur, Haha. Yes. Delusions that made people take for granted the success of Incarna fuelled by neckbeards with hardon for pretty avatar babes in bikini suits emoting f u to a guy that neary killed him outside station, well just by thinking about it being a possibility, because it was nothing like that.


Come on, tell me you wont LOVE this in EVE? XD (and at 00:32 it explodes)

/s

On the other hand, if EVE CQ was like that we would reach a PCU of of 100.000 easily Ugh

Bonus: Hot Summer Dance


To Brujo: vergüenza ajena.

To the rest:
. . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-'" " " " " " " " " "``~.,
. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-". . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ."-.,
. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ":,
. . . . . . . .. .. /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .,
. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}
. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}
. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:". . . ./
. . . . . . . /. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./
. . . . . . . /__.(. . ."~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./
. . . . . . /(_. . "~,_. . . .."~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/
. . . .. .{.._$;_. . ."=,_. . . ."-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~"; /. .. .}
. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . ."=-._. . .";,,./`. . /" . . . ./. .. ../
. . . .. . .`~,. . .."~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../
. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-"
. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ... . /
. . . . . . `~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....,__
,,_. . . . . }.>-._. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,
. .. `=~-,__. . . `,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .. . .. .
. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `. . . . . . ..__
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``
. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Rain6637
NulzSec
#63 - 2015-07-14 15:31:15 UTC
Rain6636
Team Evil
#64 - 2015-07-14 15:46:37 UTC
Rain6637 wrote:
Dersen Lowery wrote:
every avatar walks like a runway model

Daaamn right

I have been known to shake my tail feather. Always.
Lina Alar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#65 - 2015-07-14 18:08:59 UTC

As the embarrassed owner of an original boxed copy of Battlecruiser 3000 A.D. (purchased from Electronics Boutique on release day), this sounds an awful lot like sour grapes to me.

An explanation of Eve socialization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbgvYPVdXE

Lick with your main™

Jacques d'Orleans
#66 - 2015-07-14 18:23:26 UTC
Lina Alar wrote:

As the embarrassed owner of an original boxed copy of Battlecruiser 3000 A.D. (purchased from Electronics Boutique on release day), this sounds an awful lot like sour grapes to me.


Derek Smart, alone reading his name makes me cringe!
Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#67 - 2015-07-14 18:38:45 UTC
"After 10 years at Blizzard, I didn't think that there was anything that could ever get me to leave," Mayberry said back in May 2014 about joining Cloud Imperium Games. "But then Chris invited me to come check out Star Citizen, and after seeing the game and listening to Chris talk about his vision, I knew that I had to be a part of it."

And unfortunately with Blizzard, the initials WoD are also somewhat traumatizing.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#68 - 2015-07-14 20:26:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai


Yes, it's Derek Smart.

But what the says makes sense, specially since it matches my own feelings about the game I backed in 2012. That game is not done, is not being made, and the game concept that ate it is rising lots of red flags.

I will not say that this was a scam from the begining... not without some hard evidence. But CR and SC departed reality a while ago.

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Rain6637
NulzSec
#69 - 2015-07-14 21:08:08 UTC
Clearly, the solution is for SC to reach that 150M figure Derek thinks it will cost to finish. More stretch goals amirite
Lina Alar
Royal Amarr Institute
Amarr Empire
#70 - 2015-07-15 00:02:17 UTC
"One who says it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."

An explanation of Eve socialization: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FTbgvYPVdXE

Lick with your main™

Unezka Turigahl
Det Som Engang Var
#71 - 2015-07-15 07:54:16 UTC
Derek Smart wrote:


I then unfriended Chris on Facebook in order to send a clear message to him, and express my complete disappointment.



Oh dayum son, **** just got real.
Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#72 - 2015-07-15 13:10:00 UTC
Lina Alar wrote:
"One who says it cannot be done should not interrupt person doing it."


What CIG is doing... is not a game. Certainly is not the game I backed when there were few more than 3,000 backers. The game that had to be released eight months ago if they just could get 2 million $ three and half years ago.

Now they're struggling with running a FPS on a FPS engine. What?

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

Borascus
#73 - 2015-07-19 09:05:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Borascus
I'm not complaining about the room behind the CQ door. If it was finished and introduced I'm pretty sure I'd be happier than reading about WoD or seeing investment in SC over 5 years where some years of investment (including the years of the investors life) were scammed on a false promise.

Just on the off chance, if someone was against WiS in EVE and left after Incarna, but invested heavily in SC and now feels jaded again, would they be leaving quietly or some other ending.
Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#74 - 2015-07-20 21:51:36 UTC
What has been seen behind the door in Jita 4-4 cannot be unseen... ShockedShockedShocked
Jill Xelitras
Xeltec services
#75 - 2015-08-08 16:56:44 UTC
I just watched the GAMESCON 2015 Star Citizen Presentation and I have a feeling that Derek Smart may have to eat his hat or something.

Of course we will have to wait for the finished product to see if Cloud Imperium Games can really deliver ... but at least the whole thing moved a big step away from the realm of the impossible.

Don't anger the forum gods.

ISD Buldath:

> I Saw, I came, I Frowned, I locked, I posted, and I left.

Nana Skalski
Taisaanat Kotei
#76 - 2015-08-08 20:08:03 UTC
Vortexo VonBrenner
Doomheim
#77 - 2015-08-09 02:17:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Vortexo VonBrenner
Interesting article, OP, thanks.
The Linked article wrote:
Without disrespect to anyone, I’m just going to say it: it is my opinion that, this game, as has been pitched, will never get made. Ever.

There isn’t a single publisher or developer on this planet who could build this game as pitched, let alone for anything less than $150 million.

The original vision which I backed in 2012? Yes, that was totally doable. This new vision? Not a chance.

I bet RSI fanboi hate this guy so much. :D I'm looking forward to reading this whole thread...it should be entertaining. I bought the basic starter ship for SC long ago. I consider that money gone (but, hey, I've wasted more on silly stuff...so...live and learn...) and quit following the SC hype finally long ago now. Sure am glad I didn't spend a lot on SC...



EDIT: Oh yeah... This month-old thread-necro did not disappoint (unlike SC)
Dear (non)SC players Don't Stop Believin' , and buy more SC
stuff. lol
Reiisha
#78 - 2015-08-09 09:48:59 UTC
The inability of CCP to make decisions is the cause of the current problems, including the lack of WiS which would have been a real asset to the game and a jumping point into a lot of other systems i know that even the bitter vets would have enjoyed immensely.

I'm somewhat annoyed by the new game announcement for that reason. When it comes to other games, CCP churns them out (or tries to) as fast as possible, but when it comes to EVE, we either get only jesus features or only iteration on older systems. The thing is, they need to strike a balance between the two, not focus on one while ignoring the other.

If you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all...

Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
#79 - 2015-08-09 10:11:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Ishtanchuk Fazmarai
Reiisha wrote:
The inability of CCP to make decisions is the cause of the current problems, including the lack of WiS which would have been a real asset to the game and a jumping point into a lot of other systems i know that even the bitter vets would have enjoyed immensely.

I'm somewhat annoyed by the new game announcement for that reason. When it comes to other games, CCP churns them out (or tries to) as fast as possible, but when it comes to EVE, we either get only jesus features or only iteration on older systems. The thing is, they need to strike a balance between the two, not focus on one while ignoring the other.


WiS has been in the "could use iteration" phase since Crucible. Yet CCP essentiallly fired anyone involved, specially after dismantling the Atlanta office.

We as much can hope to see some more clothing, among the tidal wave of randomly priced ship skins that-look-exactly-like-any-other-ship.


PS: "Gunjack" is a small project, and probably no more than 5 or 6 devs were needed. But then, avatars were getting the attention of exactly 2 devs, which may have been relocated slnce...

Roses are red / Violets are blue / I am an Alpha / And so it's you

DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#80 - 2015-08-10 05:11:13 UTC
Jill Xelitras wrote:
I just watched the GAMESCON 2015 Star Citizen Presentation and I have a feeling that Derek Smart may have to eat his hat or something.

Of course we will have to wait for the finished product to see if Cloud Imperium Games can really deliver ... but at least the whole thing moved a big step away from the realm of the impossible.




no it has;t. Until all there component are talking and working correctly, then its still not possible. So once SC is in alpha and not part a, b, c then i'll believe it, till then, still vaporware

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.