These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Live Events Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Storyline and RP summaries

Author
HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#1 - 2015-07-04 18:27:07 UTC
Lately some of the storyline stuff has been getting increasingly interesting too me but so many capsuleers I speak with don't seem to have a clue what is going on. I was in lowsec in a fleet the other day and there were probably atleast 50 npc's on station doing ...well something.

Again nobody in fleet had a clue what that was a about.
Eve news has some good links and there are some good links in this forum to keep pilots abreast of what's been happening with the storyline stuff but frankly I get lost in some of the storyline/family/race terminology and much of it is rather vague and hard to understand without having done more studying on the history of the situation.

I'm wondering if some of you have particular sources that you follow that summarize happenings in the universe and can be more easily understood by those of us with less understanding of the history involved and don't have the time to do the research.

The stuff happening with this corpse and the fleet in Amarr is awesome!
Bataav
Intaki Liberation Front
Intaki Prosperity Initiative
#2 - 2015-07-04 22:04:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Bataav
There's a small group of NPCs that mill outside the Astral Mining station above Intaki V.

In this case, the NPCs in space represent the Intaki Assembly granting shipping and security contracts to Ishukone and Mordu's Legion respectively, and conveniently enough the group have a landmark visible in space.

Right clicking on that landmark gives the option to Show Info, but instead of providing the kind of brief background details that would have dealt with someone's curiosity, it just says "Invisible Cloud".

It'd be great to have the show info windows corrected, to better explain what the visible examples of "lore in action" actually are.
HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#3 - 2015-07-11 22:49:10 UTC
The lack of information in this thread actually makes me happy. I'm always worried that everyone else will get to discover the storyline stuff before I do. can't wait to get out these and discover some of this stuff for myself.
Sakaane Eionell
Intaki Liberation Front
Intaki Prosperity Initiative
#4 - 2015-07-26 03:48:02 UTC  |  Edited by: Sakaane Eionell
I was thinking about this kind of thing recently too, and at first also decided I wanted Show Info to tell me more about what those things are all about.

Then I changed my mind and decided I didn't want to have those sites on the Overview at all. I'd much rather have more freedom to explore star systems on my own, instead of being served a convenient list of beacons and signature icons each time I jump through a gate. I talk about this more here.

However, the lack of information upon discovering a new site is still an issue. The game should still have a way for players to access information about what they have found, if they choose, in order to become more educated about lore and so on, without necessarily having to resort to out-of-game resources like the forum, wiki, or Google.