These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123

No missile pass accompanying Jackdaw release?

Author
scorchlikeshiswhiskey
Totally Abstract
O X I D E
#41 - 2015-06-05 21:50:05 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
On a related note, Missile Guidance Enhancer (and Computer w/Scripts) placeholder on Sisi.

Scripts is likely to mean an active mod, which likely means a mid slot, which almost certainly means a Phoenix sized nerf bat is already being swung at missiles. It's a good thing missile ships have plenty of extra lows and mids to recoup the lost damage they'll suffer for the great honor of almost not sucking as a whole.
Portiko
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#42 - 2015-06-05 23:36:40 UTC
scorchlikeshiswhiskey wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
On a related note, Missile Guidance Enhancer (and Computer w/Scripts) placeholder on Sisi.

Scripts is likely to mean an active mod, which likely means a mid slot, which almost certainly means a Phoenix sized nerf bat is already being swung at missiles. It's a good thing missile ships have plenty of extra lows and mids to recoup the lost damage they'll suffer for the great honor of almost not sucking as a whole.

You're over-reacting. It's an interesting screenshot but there has been no official dev comment about it afaik. It does suggest that devs might be thinking about rebalancing missiles, but that's all it suggests.

SDPPenter link description here

Send dick pics please...

Paranoid Loyd
#43 - 2015-06-05 23:40:49 UTC
Portiko wrote:
You're over-reacting.
Obligatory: You must be new around here. (Yes, I know you are new around here) Blink

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

HELLBOUNDMAN
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#44 - 2015-06-06 00:16:17 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:

I'm wondering if the modules/scripts will make target painters useless, thus giving the Golem (and other TP bonuses ships) a worthless bonus...

Other thoughts.

1) Wasn't it the Tengu with massive tank and over 900 dps at 100km the main reason HMLs got nerfed?

2) I just want to be able to hit a target without having to wait a year, only to see it fly away before they impact.

3) Has anyone else noticed their launchers firings and nothing happening.
I swear that keep seeing volleys go off and no damage being done...
Mind you this is in controlled situations against NPCs, but it only seems to happen when I haven't been watching my launcher load count...
Caldari 5
D.I.L.L.I.G.A.F. S.A.S
Affirmative.
#45 - 2015-06-06 00:37:18 UTC
Portiko wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:

You're over-reacting. It's an interesting screenshot but there has been no official dev comment about it afaik. It does suggest that devs might be thinking about rebalancing missiles, but that's all it suggests.

Yes, nothing official, Yet, but it seems that something is coming, as this chat log from the EVEDownUnder channel implies.

Quote:

[ 2015.06.05 09:59:37 ] Caldari 5 > CCP Larrikin any comment on the things found on SiSi? Missile Guidance Enhancers? https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=428099&find=unread
[ 2015.06.05 10:00:45 ] CCP Larrikin > Shhhhhhhhhhhh, its a seekrit! =)
[ 2015.06.05 10:01:15 ] Caldari 5 > sorry, already created a thread on F&ID
[ 2015.06.05 10:01:46 ] Caldari 5 > people are already speculating
[ 2015.06.05 10:01:50 ] Revileushin Eyri > just when i thought garmurs couldnt be more annoying
[ 2015.06.05 10:02:11 ] IbanezLaney > they might do something dumb like make missiles be effected by TDs
[ 2015.06.05 10:02:17 ] IbanezLaney > so wait and see
[ 2015.06.05 10:02:49 ] Mara Rinn > and don't foget nerfing the actual module so you have to have a full rack of guidance modules to get back to the pre-nerf capability
[ 2015.06.05 10:02:57 ] Winthorp > The Phoenix will rise to blap them all
[ 2015.06.05 10:03:18 ] IbanezLaney > ^
[ 2015.06.05 10:03:19 ] IbanezLaney > lol
[ 2015.06.05 10:03:45 ] D3ATHSTAR > there are no secrets
[ 2015.06.05 10:05:02 ] CCP Larrikin > wait...wot?
[ 2015.06.05 10:05:25 ] thinduke > shhh
[ 2015.06.05 10:05:46 ] Caldari 5 > any idea which team is working on it, and hence which dev to prod for more info?
[ 2015.06.05 10:08:17 ] CCP Larrikin > There will be a devpost or blog released with a bunch of details about it (and some other stuff)
[ 2015.06.05 10:08:27 ] Caldari 5 > ok, groovy
scorchlikeshiswhiskey
Totally Abstract
O X I D E
#46 - 2015-06-06 01:34:08 UTC
And other stuff? Coolio
Portiko
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#47 - 2015-06-06 10:04:52 UTC
Paranoid Loyd wrote:
Portiko wrote:
You're over-reacting.
Obligatory: You must be new around here. (Yes, I know you are new around here) Blink

It's that obvious, hm...

SDPPenter link description here

Send dick pics please...

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#48 - 2015-06-08 19:13:28 UTC
Portiko wrote:
Mike Whiite wrote:
problem is, is that aside from the normal nerfs, CCP keeps making things faster, now AB's and MWD's are getting a speed boost, while the MWD signature is reduced.

almost ever ship has become faster since the rebalance,

damage application should be severely looked at.

Maybe some modules, that will affect application at the cost of range , giving the missiles longer range with less application. and a module that does that the other way around.

then giving short range missiles better application and less damage, and make a module that give more damage at the cost of application and one that does it the other way around.

would need a complete rebalance of the missiles on it self, due to the limited number of slots available.

though by making those modules, it gives player to adjust to the continues changes that this game has.

To be honest, I've always felt HMs and HAMs should be consolidated into a single weapon system, with rigs dictating its function.

I mean, let's face it. HMs rig for application, HAMs rig for range. Where is the choice there?

Oh how great it would be to have "scripted bays".

Back during the threadnaught regarding the RLML nerf and the initial 40 second reload (Evidently Fozzie don't want his kiting style beaten perhaps?) players were suggesting that maybe a missile bay could be scripted, some for high capacity but longer reload, others for low capacity but shorter reload, and other such measures.

Being able to script a bay for range or damage in addition to the rigging options already existing for missile usage would be a greater move towards flexibility and therefore creativity.

If missile capabilities are to be relegated to some mid slot script module this will be pretty much the end of Caldari or any ships that have shield tanking bonus and can field missiles. It's enough of a laughing stock to fly a drake now, it'll be even worse flying an armor-tanking drake. Oops

I would hope they get a handle on this and let us script the bays themselves and avoid having to use up mid-slots for the very ships that have missile slots AND shield tank. Otherwise it's like "Hey this ship has bonuses for missiles and shield mods, but you can't use both". And that would be kind of dumb.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Previous page123