These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev blog: Ship Customization: Time to Show Some SKIN

First post First post
Author
Sojourn
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#341 - 2015-04-22 22:06:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Sojourn
Ned Thomas wrote:
Sojourn wrote:
I am remarkably determined to be mad about something


You've changed your argument twice now Big smile

So yes, it will be unlimited. For that character. Only. Ever. Once used, it's used.

The ABILITY to fly the ships forever and ever is what will be rare. And that ABILITY will be far more expensive and valuable than the ship could have ever been, and will only increase in value over time.

Also, you seem a tad overly emotional about being in a fake corp.

You're the one that got but mad over me being in an NPC corp.

The LIMITED EDITION SHIP no longer becomes limited edition because it will be a skin that can be applied to your ship constantly over and over again. That was the point I am making. Limited is no longer Limited. Its unlimited for that character. They can go and lose as many of them ships with them skins as they want.

The whole idea behind Eve was that the ship you fly would be lost. A rare ship such as the Ishukone Watch Scorp means that they can fly that same ship as many times as they want.

I don't know how to make that any simpler for you. If you don't understand that, there is no hope for you. And I won't be replying to you anymore.

Ned Thomas wrote:
The NPC corp thing was just a poke back for the "confirmed poor" which home dude then raged over.

Sojourn wrote:
And what you don't like that I'm sat in an NPC corp. Awww bless you, tough ****. I like it here and that's where I will stay until I want a new corp.

I think you need to learn the definition of raged...

Nice to know I got to you though.
Geanos
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#342 - 2015-04-22 22:18:31 UTC
If we can't have a bittervet station, can we at least get some bittervet ship skins? Lol
Mr Epeen
It's All About Me
#343 - 2015-04-22 22:42:35 UTC
Sojourn wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
Sojourn wrote:
I am remarkably determined to be mad about something


You've changed your argument twice now Big smile

So yes, it will be unlimited. For that character. Only. Ever. Once used, it's used.

The ABILITY to fly the ships forever and ever is what will be rare. And that ABILITY will be far more expensive and valuable than the ship could have ever been, and will only increase in value over time.

Also, you seem a tad overly emotional about being in a fake corp.

You're the one that got but mad over me being in an NPC corp.

The LIMITED EDITION SHIP no longer becomes limited edition because it will be a skin that can be applied to your ship constantly over and over again. That was the point I am making. Limited is no longer Limited. Its unlimited for that character. They can go and lose as many of them ships with them skins as they want.

The whole idea behind Eve was that the ship you fly would be lost. A rare ship such as the Ishukone Watch Scorp means that they can fly that same ship as many times as they want.

I don't know how to make that any simpler for you. If you don't understand that, there is no hope for you. And I won't be replying to you anymore.


You are both right.

It's limited in that only one character can use it. Ever.
It's unlimited in that that one character can paint a single ship at a time with it until the end of time.

Can you ease up now and stop arguing for the sole purpose of arguing?

Mr Epeen Cool
Natya Mebelle
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#344 - 2015-04-22 23:10:44 UTC
Ned Thomas wrote:
Anyway, the answer is that the special edition Miasmos-es have different base stats than the regular Miasmos, and they will remain separate ships because of this.
This is weird because the Scorpion Ishukone Watch version has different stats too, and still it gets converted. Whu?

Also, could you please stop with the weird accusations about people being in a starter corporation? We are not any less players because of it, and certainly nobody should be treated with prejudice just because of their corporation or alliance affiliation. Thank you c: You replied to a member of an NPC corporation previously just fine. I don't see why you need to bring that argument out anyhow.


Steve Ronuken wrote:
By using my leet psychic powers!
(or https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5687291#post5687291 when I don't want the headache that entails)
I'm sorry! D:
I had many tabs open with one page of the topic each from various ends and copy-pasted the stuff I wanted to comment about over. I think that dev entry from CCP Terminus was on an older tab of page 12 where it wasn't yet visible because I didn't refresh it. My apologies if I sounded offending or accusing of behind-the-scenes knowledge c: I didn't mean it!


CCP Terminus wrote:
2. Conversion - Your Quafe Megathron with all it's fittings, damage, etc. will turn in to a normal Megathron with all the same fittings, damage etc. as the Quafe one. And then you'll also have a Megathron Quafe SKIN (Permanent) item in your redeeming queue.

3. Killmails - Some people just want to see that kind of stuff, know they killed a rich guy cause he was in a Ishukone skinned Scorpion, etc. You;re right that is has no added value and nothing is destroyed but some people just want to know.

4. Standing based SKINs - These are totally possible and I could see us making some. We don't want the entire SKIN collection to be NES store items only.

(oh and what Terminus said later: )
5. Rare ship skins should increase in price over time, but also see the light of day more. This is good for collecting, good for showing off something rare and cool, and good for people who actually get to see these ship skins in space.

6. We'll be evaluating the pricing structure as with everything else.
2: Makes sense now, thank you c: the wording was a wee bit weird, at least on my end. I maybe would have written something like... I don't know... "Your Megathron Quafe Edition will change it's appearance to a regular Megathron, your fitting remains untouched. In addition, you get one Megathron Quafe SKIN (permanent) item placed in your redeeming queue."

3: I think if there is a way to SHOW the current skin applied at destruction without adding the market value to it... that would do the trick c:

4: This is wonderful news, thanks! *hugs*

5: I agree , it was a good move c: I was just a bit snarky against with the people in the topic who didn't think that through, sorry c: I still would like to see an option to "remove" the skin and put it back on the market, just like we are able to remove clothes and put them back on the market.

6: I really hope you do! Because the price difference on the frigate tier alone is... weird. As I said before, Nugoeihuvi versus Wiyrkomi Merlin. How did you come to that conclusion? And why are different Frigate HULLS in different price categories as well, like the Punisher things? I really would hope you will be evening those out on a hull basis. Player supply and demand for these skins will be created and regulated through the ISK market. But the skins themselves are of equal quality and equal worth from the store. At least that is my opinion on it c:


Sojourn wrote:
The whole idea behind Eve was that the ship you fly would be lost. A rare ship such as the Ishukone Watch Scorp means that they can fly that same ship as many times as they want.

I get where you are coming from, so I would like to ask what you think about the golden pod which is technically indestructible because you paid a premium to have a license that in case of a pod kill, you will be put into a golden pod instead.

This is why I would want to have both versions of SKINS active. One higher priced which is unlimited use, a "license for a spray paint" so to speak, and the other for less but destructible. I could see people choosing their preference depending on playstyle and this could potentially yield more money.
Che Biko
Alexylva Paradox
#345 - 2015-04-22 23:34:31 UTC
A request:
I have a feeling that I'm not very interested in having the Genolution golden pod anymore if it's only SKIN. My character decided to use the implant because he thought it might do something special that was not cosmetic (because of the targetting range attribute and description). He's not the type of guy to show off his wealth and would rather have sold the bling to spend that ISK in a more useful manner.

So if you can, could you also convert my plugged- in AU-97 implant to a perm-skin in my redeeming que?
Long shot, I know, but I had to try.
Ned Thomas
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#346 - 2015-04-22 23:39:03 UTC
Natya Mebelle wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
Anyway, the answer is that the special edition Miasmos-es have different base stats than the regular Miasmos, and they will remain separate ships because of this.
This is weird because the Scorpion Ishukone Watch version has different stats too, and still it gets converted. Whu?

Also, could you please stop with the weird accusations about people being in a starter corporation? We are not any less players because of it, and certainly nobody should be treated with prejudice just because of their corporation or alliance affiliation. Thank you c: You replied to a member of an NPC corporation previously just fine. I don't see why you need to bring that argument out anyhow.



Didn't think about that for the Scorpion IW (I don't fly battleships so I honestly didn't even look)....wonder what the reasoning is there.

The NPC corp thing was just a poke back for the "confirmed poor" which home dude then raged over.
DaReaper
Net 7
Cannon.Fodder
#347 - 2015-04-22 23:45:45 UTC
Not sure this was asked, if it was sorry.

Are the skins locked to the char? like if i get rare skin with only 10 available and add it to my account, is that now locked and i can not then decide in the future to resell it? Cause that would be a drag.

OMG Comet Mining idea!!! Comet Mining!

Eve For life.

Shinzhi Xadi
Doomheim
#348 - 2015-04-23 00:07:33 UTC
I want to see NPC corp skins available when you reach a required standing level with them. They would be offered in the LP store, and cost is isk + LP with minimum standing required.

For the pirate skins, them dropping seems fine to me, but I REALLY dont like the time limited expiration of them.

How about this: You get them as a drop, they still last 30 days, but, after that, you are required to regularly (monthly) "donate" money to the pirate faction to keep them. Like your helping to fund the blood raiders, and as a reward, you are allowed to use their livery. This makes sense RP wise, and would give you a real feeling of supporting your favorite pirate faction.

Mac Pro dual 6-core Xeon 3.06ghz, 24gig ecc ram, EVGA GTX 680 Mac Edition, Intel SSD, OS X Yosemite and Windows 8.1 Pro.

GankYou
9B30FF Labs
#349 - 2015-04-23 00:10:48 UTC  |  Edited by: GankYou
Sanguine DeMortem wrote:
I do hope they eventually expand the skins to the pirate faction ships. Khanid Cruor looks pretty nice. Any possibility of the code used to generate the ships for this being released, or made available over the API? Making an app to pull the generated WebGL pages after selecting ship and paint job from a dropdown menu would be really fun.


The system which they have created surpassed my expectations by a very large margin. Not only are the colour variations practically unlimited irrespective of faction or type, but the lights and other ship effects can be modified as well - a currently untapped potential.

I can only imagine what variety fills the Chinese Eve server Serenity, as they are culturally known to have a... disposition towards this kind of things.

But I've seen the one special Mega from there... OH Dear Lord God! Big smile

DaReaper wrote:
Not sure this was asked, if it was sorry.

Are the skins locked to the char? like if i get rare skin with only 10 available and add it to my account, is that now locked and i can not then decide in the future to resell it? Cause that would be a drag.


1) Any SKIN licence which is redeemed to your account can be freely trade on the market and between players, just as PLEX is.
2) Consuming said SKIN licence uses it up and adds a Permanent SKIN (if it's a Permanent type) to a character which applies it.
3) When a licence is consumed - It can then never be removed, unless it expires in the case of Temporary ones.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#350 - 2015-04-23 00:26:46 UTC
Chuga66 wrote:
So, i know a few people have brought it up, but I recall some pretty awesome skins that were given to the Serenity server (i'm referring to a super sick Machariel skin). Is there any effort towards Faction Battleships Skins, or perhaps can we get our hands on those Serenity skins?

Please please please please please please!!!
http://i.imgur.com/7e80QBB.jpg

-Chugs

Serenity gets to do all the cool **** man
Bienator II
madmen of the skies
#351 - 2015-04-23 01:49:01 UTC
is the police comet supposed to be permanent? given that its from the lp store

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

CCP Terminus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#352 - 2015-04-23 02:34:09 UTC
Che Biko wrote:
A request:
I have a feeling that I'm not very interested in having the Genolution golden pod anymore if it's only SKIN. My character decided to use the implant because he thought it might do something special that was not cosmetic (because of the targetting range attribute and description). He's not the type of guy to show off his wealth and would rather have sold the bling to spend that ISK in a more useful manner.

So if you can, could you also convert my plugged- in AU-97 implant to a perm-skin in my redeeming que?
Long shot, I know, but I had to try.


When we convert the golden pod to a SKIN chances are we'll put the SKIN in your redeeming queue like we did with the other ships. So at that point you'll be able to sell the SKIN item like any other item.

@CCP_Terminus // Game Designer // Team Size Matters

CCP Terminus
C C P
C C P Alliance
#353 - 2015-04-23 02:38:02 UTC
Ned Thomas wrote:
Natya Mebelle wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
Anyway, the answer is that the special edition Miasmos-es have different base stats than the regular Miasmos, and they will remain separate ships because of this.
This is weird because the Scorpion Ishukone Watch version has different stats too, and still it gets converted. Whu?

Also, could you please stop with the weird accusations about people being in a starter corporation? We are not any less players because of it, and certainly nobody should be treated with prejudice just because of their corporation or alliance affiliation. Thank you c: You replied to a member of an NPC corporation previously just fine. I don't see why you need to bring that argument out anyhow.



Didn't think about that for the Scorpion IW (I don't fly battleships so I honestly didn't even look)....wonder what the reasoning is there.

The NPC corp thing was just a poke back for the "confirmed poor" which home dude then raged over.


The old Scorpion Ishukone Watch had the same stats as the base version. The Scorpion got rebalanced but the Scorpion Ishukone Watch was forgotten in that process and never got the new stats.

@CCP_Terminus // Game Designer // Team Size Matters

Oraac Ensor
#354 - 2015-04-23 02:45:08 UTC
Sunseahl Hediyohsi wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:
Sunseahl Hediyohsi wrote:


What What? When the hell did that happen? One of the SES had Salvager reduction and the other had a +10 to virus strength.....


Sneaky CCPs.... >.>

It's always been like that on TQ as far as I remember.. I mean they had the same stats as the normal one day one they were seeded..



That's really odd cause I used to swear by the one that only had the salvager ops on it because it was faster at pulling "ye 'olde Loot Spew." Maybe they changed their stats when the Loot Spew and several other data/relic site mechanics changed....

And i just didn't notice ......

Nope.

Those have always been just re-skins of the basic Magnate. Never had special qualities of any sort.
Natya Mebelle
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#355 - 2015-04-23 02:50:11 UTC
CCP Terminus wrote:
The old Scorpion Ishukone Watch had the same stats as the base version. The Scorpion got rebalanced but the Scorpion Ishukone Watch was forgotten in that process and never got the new stats.
Oh that makes sense now... thanks for the clarification! c:
Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#356 - 2015-04-23 02:57:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Lena Lazair
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
Lena Lazair wrote:
Akrasjel Lanate wrote:
When will SKINs work in way that for example i have a Kor-Azor skin an it can be applied to all Amarr T1 hulls beacause now(still) if you fly a ship diffrent than those with SKINs... you have nothing ?


The system already supports this, they've just chosen not to introduce any SKINs of this type during the change over. They've talked extensively about using this in the future though...

Maby missed that... link ?


https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=5639172#post5639172 is one. I've seen comments about it elsewhere though for sure; maybe at fanfest or in the earlier dev discussions on SKINs, don't recall precisely.
Conrad Makbure
Trident Expedition
#357 - 2015-04-23 03:01:45 UTC
Hope to see more camo skins added, I am a fan of the space camo.

On a side note, the Dominix still looks like a potato. That sucker needs more than a new skin.
Oraac Ensor
#358 - 2015-04-23 03:08:52 UTC
Tyberius Franklin wrote:
Magosian wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
Think about how many there are in game currently versus other skins that are NOT site drops.


If I do that, the only thing I can conclude is CCP/Aurum moneygrab.

I should probably state that I happen to have a few of these, and while it might appear that I'm trying to milk their worth, I'm really not. As you said, there are tons floating around; they're far from rare. It just sticks out like a sore thumb when ONLY these are temporary, and seem to contradict the whole concept of having a skinnable options in the first place.

Maybe a better question would be: what is CCP wanting to avoid if these were to become permanent?

How can there be a money grab for something that isn't obtainable with money? That's really the fundamental difference there.

Please tell us how to acquire Aurum without paying money – I'm sure that I can't be the only one who would dearly like to know.
Oraac Ensor
#359 - 2015-04-23 03:14:13 UTC
What exactly am I supposed to see in those Blog 'previews' - including the spinnable one?

All I see are ships rendered overall in either a horrible muddy charcoal grey or equally horrible dull bluish grey.
HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#360 - 2015-04-23 03:36:10 UTC
CCP Terminus wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
Natya Mebelle wrote:
Ned Thomas wrote:
Anyway, the answer is that the special edition Miasmos-es have different base stats than the regular Miasmos, and they will remain separate ships because of this.
This is weird because the Scorpion Ishukone Watch version has different stats too, and still it gets converted. Whu?

Also, could you please stop with the weird accusations about people being in a starter corporation? We are not any less players because of it, and certainly nobody should be treated with prejudice just because of their corporation or alliance affiliation. Thank you c: You replied to a member of an NPC corporation previously just fine. I don't see why you need to bring that argument out anyhow.



Didn't think about that for the Scorpion IW (I don't fly battleships so I honestly didn't even look)....wonder what the reasoning is there.

The NPC corp thing was just a poke back for the "confirmed poor" which home dude then raged over.


The old Scorpion Ishukone Watch had the same stats as the base version. The Scorpion got rebalanced but the Scorpion Ishukone Watch was forgotten in that process and never got the new stats.


Dang you guys are sneaky. Blink