These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev blog: Politics by Other Means: Sovereignty Phase Two

First post First post First post
Author
SilentAsTheGrave
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1581 - 2015-03-04 17:22:19 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Delt0r Garsk wrote:
Jenn aSide wrote:
The entosis thing should be restrcited from nullified ships. Meaning you can put one on a t3 unless you use the nullifier sub. People can still put them on the rest of frig hulls but not ceptors.

Or putting it on costs you nullification?

Could live with that yea.

All people would do is carry a Mobile Depot with them and when they arrive at the target system, go to a safe and fit the Entosis Link. I like the idea that interceptors and T3 cruisers should not be allowed to fit them or even have them in their cargo hold at all. I like the idea of the Entosis Link, but it is obvious when it is combined with certain ships or modules - it becomes very broken.
Elenahina
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1582 - 2015-03-04 17:23:35 UTC
Rendiff wrote:
I like where they're going with this, but they need to make each system able to sustain the activity of a larger number of players.

If a system can sustain ratting/mining/etc for more players each alliance will require less space, allowing more groups entry into null.

I think this is the part that's missing, tbh. Once this is done, you have completed the trifecta of live where you work, and defend your space with local forces.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Demons Hell
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1583 - 2015-03-04 17:23:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Demons Hell
Eli Apol wrote:
Demons Hell wrote:
O_O....25 km t1.....O_o...250 km t2....whaaaaaaat?.....o_O....its ******* OP....good boost for a tech 2 stuff....i dont see in game one another stuff can boost +1000% the tech1 variant.

its ok if u boost the entosis range with the class ship(role bonus)....more big ship for more entosis range....but max 100 km not more..250 km in interceptor its ridicolous.

and please station service invulnerable....only hackable in the freeport mode or during the second timer...i dont want run in a station every time a troll frigate with a tech 1 module try hack and disable a station service.

i want play the game not only run in the game.

fix trolletto mechanics please.

Yes 250km in an interceptor IS ridiculous - which is why their slot layouts and fitting attributes don't enable them to be fit to lock that far Roll

2x sensor booster+script range+offgrid booster?
Princess Cherista
Doomheim
#1584 - 2015-03-04 17:24:43 UTC
Summer 2015: our inties and nullified no-commit fits will blot out the sun What?
Kah'Les
hirr
Pandemic Horde
#1585 - 2015-03-04 17:24:56 UTC
Lena Lazair wrote:
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
i didn't say take it, i said squash you

What are you going to squash? Small alliances won't drop ihubs or station eggs. They'll have a TCU and a few POS's. When you come through and flip the TCU they'll evacuate any POS's they need to and then log off for a week. You'll "squash" the TCU, maybe explode some POS's (if you REALLY want to commit a fleet to that), and then leave. Next week they'll login, flip your TCU back, and go on with life as normal. Unless CFC plans to go out and defend every single TCU timer in every constellation they "squashed", you'll be nothing more than a minor annoyance a few weeks of the year.

Don't even know how SOV,iHUB and POS work. Good luck making ISK out of a system with no ihub and no sov lvl.
Sentinel Eeex
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1586 - 2015-03-04 17:25:58 UTC
Ok, the great plan is to turn "EVE Online" into "Roaming Gangs Online".

Got it.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1587 - 2015-03-04 17:28:10 UTC
Kah'Les wrote:
Lena Lazair wrote:
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
i didn't say take it, i said squash you

What are you going to squash? Small alliances won't drop ihubs or station eggs. They'll have a TCU and a few POS's. When you come through and flip the TCU they'll evacuate any POS's they need to and then log off for a week. You'll "squash" the TCU, maybe explode some POS's (if you REALLY want to commit a fleet to that), and then leave. Next week they'll login, flip your TCU back, and go on with life as normal. Unless CFC plans to go out and defend every single TCU timer in every constellation they "squashed", you'll be nothing more than a minor annoyance a few weeks of the year.

Don't even know how SOV,iHUB and POS work. Good luck making ISK out of a system with no ihub and no sov lvl.

Didn't you know? null sec just bleeds isk out of every oriface. All you gotta do is got to any belt and an Officer spawn is waiting for you, don't even have to shoot it , it will self destruct for you.

-signed, Everyone who has never been to null but thinks everyone in null is rich.
Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#1588 - 2015-03-04 17:29:05 UTC
This is not all yet... there still will be Phase Three

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Kyle Meshuggah
A N T H E M
#1589 - 2015-03-04 17:29:29 UTC
This is SUPERB! I'm really impressed with this new system. I think the core principals and mechanics behind it are sound and will make for a more exciting and rewarding null sec. The minutia and peripherals of it will be refined and tweaked over time and with testing (and there's some real potential there for new, more dynamic and interesting gameplay/tactics/fails) but at the core of it, this new Null Sec/Sov system is SUPERB.

As a wormholer, I look forward to 3rd partying the **** out of nullsec engagements in Summer 2015 :)

"Gentlemen, when the enemy is committed to a mistake we must not interrupt him too soon." - Admiral Horatio Lord Nelson

Akrasjel Lanate
Immemorial Coalescence Administration
Immemorial Coalescence
#1590 - 2015-03-04 17:31:01 UTC
Also... Renter Empires

CEO of Lanate Industries

Citizen of Solitude

Lena Lazair
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1591 - 2015-03-04 17:32:16 UTC
Kah'Les wrote:

If you think this change is to attract people who want to min/max ISK to go claim a foothold in null, you are pretty much missing the entire point of who this is intended to appeal to.

This change is NOT so that everyone gets to have station eggs. It is NOT so that everyone gets to own R64 moons. It is NOT so that everyone can go AFK anom rat at 30m a tick.

This change is so that smaller groups with an identity and a desire to have fun can go easily/feasibly carve out a couple of systems in **** null that ALREADY nobody wants and nobody uses, without having to join a giant blue coaltion or pay rent to anyone. And then stick their name on the map. And then have very little incentive or ability for someone else to come screw with that in any meaningful way unless those interlocutors actually intend to move into that system and evict the residents. In short, WH mentality but for null.

It's telling when roaming WH fights are far more prevalent than roaming null fights. WH evictions are very different and considerably more rare than the usual WH "gudfite". Groups choose to live in C2 and C3 WH's all the time, despite the fact that the ISK efficiency, especially as compared to risk, is pretty "meh".
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1592 - 2015-03-04 17:32:27 UTC
Sentinel Eeex wrote:
Ok, the great plan is to turn "EVE Online" into "Roaming Gangs Online" "Even Bluer Donuts Online".

Got it.

Fixed. Will be funny to watch the post June disappointment set in with the unrealistically optimistic crowd.
Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1593 - 2015-03-04 17:33:37 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
KC Kamikaze wrote:
The "Protection" of tomorrow you speak of is todays rental agreement.

The new system will be great. Small groups can claim and hold sov. We have multiboxing alt corps holding down wormholes .. now some of those and more can move to holding their own piece of null. The only people who don't win are big coalitions .. and you have more than the means and resources to survive.

what makes you think i won't squash you for funsies

we spent three months squashing anyone who dared mine gallente ice in highsec, what makes you think that every *Snip* Please refrain from using profanity. ISD Ezwal.who raises a flag isn't going to look like a nail to swing my massive hammer at

More fun for you then, so what exactly are you crying about?

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Tiberian Deci
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#1594 - 2015-03-04 17:35:00 UTC
Jenshae Chiroptera wrote:

Small gang will go around flagging up every structure an alliance owns to make them chase their own tails.

PIZZA is gonna be busy
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#1595 - 2015-03-04 17:35:14 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
Speedkermit Damo wrote:
EvilweaselFinance wrote:
KC Kamikaze wrote:
The "Protection" of tomorrow you speak of is todays rental agreement.

The new system will be great. Small groups can claim and hold sov. We have multiboxing alt corps holding down wormholes .. now some of those and more can move to holding their own piece of null. The only people who don't win are big coalitions .. and you have more than the means and resources to survive.

what makes you think i won't squash you for funsies

we spent three months squashing anyone who dared mine gallente ice in highsec, what makes you think that every *Snip* Please refrain from using profanity. ISD Ezwal. who raises a flag isn't going to look like a nail to swing my massive hammer at

More fun for you then, so what exactly are you crying about?

The fact that the idea is dumb and will be a waste of time? Just because someone benefits from a situation doesn't mean that can't see what's wrong with it.
Rain6637
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1596 - 2015-03-04 17:35:59 UTC
I'm not sure lengthy explanations in this thread are likely, when it would be better to use them as material for FF.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#1597 - 2015-03-04 17:36:09 UTC
Well...

Having trespassed all over nullsec and made observations of the status quo now, and having done it since before Dominion knew the status quo then, I can say that given the butthurt level that has progressed to the point of complete butthole separation (and said buttholes apparently a budding off process of "the usual crowd" and now more have appeared) , these changes will be a good thing.

Directed complaints from a large alliance *coughgoons* should not change this vector considering they are one of the Uncle Bobs.

Anyway, I'm glad to see the comment "weaponized boredom" appear in the dev blog. The Great Malais of 2014 was for the most part a final result of Eve game mechanics centered on being by and for the game style of preventing the game from being played.

The dev blog is like the rainbow after the great biblical flood.

Nullsec needs to be shaken up. I see "they usual crowd" complaining loudly though, and makes me wonder why since they always write about highsec.

As for Trollceptors, so what. I have a lossmail of a ceptor getting insta'ed before the dictor could get a scram on it. It CAN be done I saw it myself.

Oh, you don't want to have to camp your own gates now? CCP is obviously not going to get rid of gates (even though I insist that if all ships could warp on their own it would be an epic breakout of the Malais) and people just gotta death camp them so here you go, it's what you want: you now have a REAL reason to camp them and kill everything that is not blue.

(But you never know if they stage in your system and then strike!! Bwa ha ha ha ha Twisted Shoot all teh things)

But you know, I think that these SOV changes will be the greatest buff to highsec to ever occur in the history of the game. Why?
Well, it's going to be hard defending your SOV while running that highsec incursion alt. It's going to be hard having to camp that gate for trollceptors instead of ganking freighters in the highsec pipelines. And even harder having to camp that gate andrat to get sec status back up.

Do iHubs store loot? I don't know you see I have only flown past them because I have not bent the knee to nullsec alliances. But I will look forward to the "just came back to Eve and my stuff is gone" threads. Which are not that different from the "Just came back to Eve and I can't get my stuff because they camped me into the station" threads. You know - gotta get those killz! Hey everybody! Live meat! Zombie swarm!

And here I was expecting something like "if you enter a system while not in the SOV holding alliance you instantly explode and your corpse is used to power the moon goo pumps". But it would appear that CCP has finally noticed that more people "have tried Eve" than actually played it.

Obligatory: My god, it's full of tears...

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Kah'Les
hirr
Pandemic Horde
#1598 - 2015-03-04 17:37:01 UTC
Lena Lazair wrote:
Kah'Les wrote:

If you think this change is to attract people who want to min/max ISK to go claim a foothold in null, you are pretty much missing the entire point of who this is intended to appeal to.

This change is NOT so that everyone gets to have station eggs. It is NOT so that everyone gets to own R64 moons. It is NOT so that everyone can go AFK anom rat at 30m a tick.

This change is so that smaller groups with an identity and a desire to have fun can go easily/feasibly carve out a couple of systems in **** null that ALREADY nobody wants and nobody uses, without having to join a giant blue coaltion or pay rent to anyone. And then stick their name on the map. And then have very little incentive or ability for someone else to come screw with that in any meaningful way unless those interlocutors actually intend to move into that system and evict the residents. In short, WH mentality but for null.

It's telling when roaming WH fights are far more prevalent than roaming null fights. WH evictions are very different and considerably more rare than the usual WH "gudfite". Groups choose to live in C2 and C3 WH's all the time, despite the fact that the ISK efficiency, especially as compared to risk, is pretty "meh".

And if you want to do this it's nothing stoping you already you can set up POS in any system you want don't need SOV and I know small gangs that shut down systems like this already, The fact that you already not doing it show how much you are comidet to this idea already. It's just a fantasie, if this was your goal you would have already done it.
Eli Apol
Definitely a nullsec alt
#1599 - 2015-03-04 17:37:43 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
The fact that the idea is dumb and will be a waste of time? Just because someone benefits from a situation doesn't mean that can't see what's wrong with it.

So small gangs are gonna be having fun, big alliances are gonna be having fun waving around their giant 'hammers' and yet this is a dumb waste of time?

I want them to take away our fun and make us sit in stations ship spinning everyday instead of adding content :(

but what would I know, I'm just a salvager

Arrendis
TK Corp
#1600 - 2015-03-04 17:38:06 UTC
Soldarius wrote:
So, I have another idea.

You know how CBCs and Command Ships can fit links but never do? Perhaps only CBCs should be able to fit an Entosis Link. Would give them a purpose in life since they have had no purpose since 2013. They can also fit MMJDs. So bombers? What bombers? I just jumped away. Jumping does not break locks unless you jump out of locking range. vOv

edit: added CS

Given the spool-up time on an MMJD, jumping away from bombers won't be as easy as you make it out to be - especially not since any decent bomber FC will just have a second squad ready 100km ahead of you.