These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page12

Smart Bombing in High sec question

First post
Author
Dangeresque Too
Pistols for Pandas
#21 - 2015-03-02 14:50:39 UTC
I will further validate the non-concord use of smartbombs in hi-sec. I have used it on several occasions to pod a ganker at his safe after activated his killright and blowing up the ganking ship.

Now you have to make sure they are alone and don't have any alts nearby or deployables that don't belong to them. And yes, you have to turn your safety complete off, cause you don't know if someone is cloaked and you could hit them. Otherwise it would be a way to detect cloaked ships.
Elenahina
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#22 - 2015-03-02 15:12:04 UTC
Jishi Padecain wrote:
Summer Rays wrote:
Ok

So lets just say I see a WT that is sat 150k off a station.

He has nothing around him within the smartbombs range at all within 50km.

If I activate the smartbomb killing him and podding him outright will concord F me up?.

From whats being said above the answer is no???????????

You are correct. CONCORD will not attack you in this instance. But in reality AFK cloakers are everywhere. Just all around you.

There's one behind you right now.

That's who keeps saying ouch when I randomly flail my fists about.

Eve is like an addiction; you can't quit it until it quits you. Also, iderno

Agondray
Avenger Mercenaries
VOID Intergalactic Forces
#23 - 2015-03-02 15:20:32 UTC
Problems with using smart bombs.

Using them in a mission or a site and a random grifer/loot thief/ salvaged warps in you get Concorde
When in combat many people that lure you into a combat situation in empire usually have alts for some use such as bumping or to confuse your targeting (pre-safety days)

Smart bombs aren't very smart when it comes to it

"Sarcasm is the Recourse of a weak mind." -Dr. Smith

Gizznitt Malikite
Agony Unleashed
Agony Empire
#24 - 2015-03-02 19:03:52 UTC
Yarda Black wrote:
afaik you can just smartbomb anywhere

Then watch CONCORD blow you up when you do it in high-sec and hit something random like a billboard

But yeah, you could try hitting only wartargets.

Last I tried, you could not use a smartbomb within 5km's of a gate or station.
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#25 - 2015-03-02 21:55:18 UTC
OP, if you make a habit of doing this, the war targets will keep a neutral alt, cloaked, right by a potential target, just to trap you.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

HeXxploiT
Doomheim
#26 - 2015-03-03 03:32:52 UTC
You do have to be careful because the smartbombs reach farther then one might think. I did this once on the jita undock years ago just for the hell of it. http://puu.sh/gkb9E/3ad0add953.jpg

Don't think I even got any kills but it was fun and I think I lived something like 15 seconds. Took one heck of a security hit though as i probably damaged atleast a dozen different ships.
Ashlar Maidstone
MoonFyre BattleGroup Holdings
#27 - 2015-03-03 03:46:28 UTC
Rooks and Kings was mentioned here and I like to offer my thoughts a moment, as anybody who follows their Youtube videos will see that they use a relative small number of Battleships (Navy Apocs). And by tanking their ships like they do they can and will do such a massive amount of damage that it would be impossible to escape with a pod as well.

They employ tactics which takes a bit of researching a fitting and as well as the types of Smartbombs that they use, and then throw in the fact they use drag bubbles as well to get their prey and such high numbers as is.

Drag bubbles are only usable in losec and nulsec btw, and in regards to the answer you are looking for, I highly doutb that if you want to do any amount of damage in hisec will work out too good. You might get one shot off and succeed or get a visit by your friendly neighbor Concord officer asking you for your weapons permits.

It's not really worth the time and effort if you want to employ RnK tactics unless you're in a fleet with enough firepower to pull it off.
Zealous Miner
Doomheim
#28 - 2015-03-03 03:55:09 UTC
Ashlar Maidstone wrote:
Drag bubbles are only usable in losec and nulsec btw

Warp disruption fields cannot be used in lowsec space.

Fedo. Fedo? Fedo!

Previous page12