These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CSM FW- Community Representative Discussion

Author
JuricM
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#21 - 2015-01-21 16:51:36 UTC
I have only seen grimwood's name put forth here. A short intro is above, but perhaps he and his group can put a bit more forward?

Out of curiosity, has funkybacon been active as of late?
Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#22 - 2015-01-21 17:13:57 UTC
JuricM wrote:
I have only seen grimwood's name put forth here. A short intro is above, but perhaps he and his group can put a bit more forward?

Out of curiosity, has funkybacon been active as of late?

Funky won't ever get my vote again.
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#23 - 2015-01-21 19:38:09 UTC
Lexiana Del'Amore wrote:
let pirate factions join into faction war...

As long as you're locked out of any station you don't own, and have to deal with the same issues we do as far as having to defensive plex to keep it, I'm ok with that idea.

Somehow I doubt many groups would be willing and able to deal with that.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#24 - 2015-01-21 19:46:27 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Lexiana Del'Amore wrote:

As long as you're locked out of any station you don't own, and have to deal with the same issues we do as far as having to defensive plex to keep it, I'm ok with that idea.

I heard the The Intaki Syndicate is considering funding Mordus rebels in Southern Placid and Solitude. CONCORD may counter this by issuing Letters of Marque to the Militias to operate in the Syndicate Region. c/d?
JuricM
Caldari State
#25 - 2015-01-22 09:13:38 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Veskrashen wrote:
Lexiana Del'Amore wrote:

I heard the The Intaki Syndicate is considering funding Mordus rebels in Southern Placid and Solitude. CONCORD may counter this by issuing Letters of Marque to the Militias to operate in the Syndicate Region. c/d?

Interesting, a FW ménage à trois to be held in NPC Null? It is an interesting concept to blend FW (and lowsec in general) into the yet 'TBD' Sov Null mechanics.

And like that we've gone from two-way --> three-way --> CFC. (I guess we could go a bit further by comparing hi-sec to playing with yourself and tag it in front too)
Grimwood
Proioxis Assault Force
Rogue Caldari Union
#26 - 2015-01-22 12:25:37 UTC
Moglarr wrote:
Grimwood for CSM.

Yeah, i'd vote for that guy too. He seems like a legit candidate.
Josh Mohammed
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#27 - 2015-01-22 18:59:05 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=397280

Klapen for CSM! He lives with you, he shoots you, let him represent you!
Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
#28 - 2015-01-22 20:09:10 UTC
Epikurus wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Kinda defeats the point of playing a space ship submarine game if your space is filled with not space.

The whole plex thing introduces those basic aspects anyway by bringing in 'terrain' that breaks the endless expanse of space up, so I don't see much wrong in principle with deepening the terrain-based features to allow for more complex strategies. It's a sci-fi game so there is no need to be bound by the frequently boring parameters of naval warfare.

That said, I haven't been in the exploration sites so don't know if the specific suggestion of using them as a model has any merit.

Also, Sugar Kyle for CSM! Intelligent, willing to listen and non-partisan ... what more could we ask for?

I dunno, maybe someone actually IN factional warfare?
JuricM
Caldari State
#29 - 2015-01-23 03:59:42 UTC
Grim....do you care to expand beyond your above argument?
Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
#30 - 2015-01-23 04:48:06 UTC
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=383022&find=unread

Here is one guy. Topic headlines are weak in detail for the other runners. Please update OP with names of each specialized, active, FW candidates, please.
Kashada Otsada
Caldari State
#31 - 2015-01-23 05:16:09 UTC
X GAL
JuricM
Caldari State
#32 - 2015-01-23 05:41:54 UTC
OP Updated with the list of suggestions made thus far along with link to relevant threads. TY Oreb for pointing out the only active FW participant with a stance on CSM X.

Xgal - willing to accept a nomination?

Grimwood - can you piece together a platform in an expanded post?
Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#33 - 2015-01-23 14:59:07 UTC
Josh Mohammed wrote:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=397280

Klapen for CSM! He lives with you, he shoots you, let him represent you!

I generally won't vote for someone who thinks the Jump Drive changes need to be rolled back.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#34 - 2015-01-23 16:39:31 UTC  |  Edited by: X Gallentius
JuricM wrote:
No, but I'm willing to give one. I think Sugar Kyle is the best CSM candidate for FW. Vote her in, and also have your corp/alliance leaders who are interested in giving advice for FW get in contact with her. From there on out you can give her (unsolicited) suggestions and provide feedback when asked.

The job of the CSM is to receive input, organize it, and hand it off to CCP to evaluate. Sugar Kyle does this extremely well because she puts the work into it - and she's better at it than any FW-centric candidate we've elected so far.
Dread Operative
Main Corporation
Prisoners With Jobs
#35 - 2015-01-23 17:38:32 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
JuricM wrote:
No, but I'm willing to give one. I think Sugar Kyle is the best CSM candidate fpr FW. Vote her in, and also have your corp/alliance leaders who are interested in giving advice for FW get in contact with her. From there on out you can give her (unsolicited) suggestions and provide feedback when asked.

The job of the CSM is to receive input, organize it, and hand it off to CCP to evaluate. Sugar Kyle does this extremely well because she puts the work into it - and she's better at it than any FW-centric candidate we've elected so far.

I agree, a lot of people don't understand the work SK puts into CSM.
Edgar Erata
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2015-01-24 06:37:43 UTC
And Grimwood for CSM!
Gully Alex Foyle
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#37 - 2015-01-24 19:51:21 UTC
Stumbled upon this by Manfred Sideous (PL).

Sounds like a pretty good concept to me, though I doubt CCP will make big changes to lowsec and FW this year.

Make space glamorous! Is EVE dying or not? Ask the EVE-O Death-o-meter!

Oreb Wing
Last Rites.
#38 - 2015-02-09 19:06:50 UTC
Is Moudib still our only FW candidate? I would really appreciate someone knowledgeable about the current plexing and missioning meta. I'm not saying anything negative about Sugar. I only think she is going to be a definite member and would rather allocate my vote towards another possibly great candidate.

Also ::bump:: for refresh.

3rd Oreb, going his usual ass-hattery, is putting pressure on Muadib to state his view on some of these things, if any of you would chime in or inform yourselves as to where you stand in his opinion on those long debated issues.

Thank you, Jurich.
Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#39 - 2015-02-13 15:33:07 UTC
Oreb Wing wrote:
Is Moudib still our only FW candidate? I would really appreciate someone knowledgeable about the current plexing and missioning meta. I'm not saying anything negative about Sugar. I only think she is going to be a definite member and would rather allocate my vote towards another possibly great candidate.

Also ::bump:: for refresh.

3rd Oreb, going his usual ass-hattery, is putting pressure on Muadib to state his view on some of these things, if any of you would chime in or inform yourselves as to where you stand in his opinion on those long debated issues.

Thank you, Jurich.

There are quite a few candidates that are deserving of a vote even if they aren't core FW players, Sugar is at the top of that list. I would also include Mike Azariah, Steve Ronuken, and Corbexx.

I'm working on trying to figure out the rest of my ballot but probably won't have a great idea of who else will make it onto the list or in what order for another week or so while I catch up on podcasts, posts, etc.

Moudib concerns me a bit with the following statements:

Moudib wrote:
***Late Resposne(War going on)***

Well brother, you are High Sec, and non-FW. My platform does not apply to you. God Speed.

M

Moudib wrote:

1. -FW Missions?- To my understanding running the exclusive FW missions available from your NPC militia corp do not sway system sov in any way. The LP may serve to keep a corps or alliances war chest full, but that should be a viable source for funding a war effort, as well as accumulating standing.

Mo

I will be taking a good hard look at Ashterothi, a former FW pilot who might bring a lot of good stuff to the table.
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#40 - 2015-02-13 16:11:37 UTC
Active FW pilots would be a lot better served, IMO, but taking the time for a long critical look at the state of FW as a whole. How it works internally, how it's impacted by outside forces, how it fits into the larger lowsec environment, and how it impacts other area of the game.

For example, I think we need to take a look at the following:

1. Impact of plexing alts - both on warzone control, cross-faction plexing, and the isk/hr issues.
2. Impact of the current tier system - massive disparity in rewards, impacts on WZ control and other areas of space, the collective action problem
3. FW missions - isk/hr, ease of completion, how those impact other areas

Those things more than anything are what needs to get looked at. The biggest issues IMO stem from how easy it is to make a boatload of isk with minimal investment, which turns FW into an ATM for folks all over New Eden. Balance that out, and things change for the better.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."