These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

CSM FW- Community Representative Discussion

Author
JuricM
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1 - 2015-01-19 13:15:25 UTC  |  Edited by: JuricM
W&T seemed like an appropriate place for FW participants to discuss the upcoming CSM elections. As a disclaimer, this is not a campaign thread (such belongs in the CSM forum section).

FW Needs a CSM Rep - Make a Suggestion

This is a thread for the FW community to put forth prominent players / leaders who might best represent them as part of CSM X. It is to discuss the people that stand out (in a positive sense) as leaders of FW in general, not simply their own corp / alliance / faction. These are individuals who make FW more enjoyable for all players.

I make this suggestion to raise general awareness about CSM X within FW. I also make this suggestion in the hopes that the community can unite behind a common candidate such that they (and we) might remain competitive in the general election.

Some Details: Applications due Jan 30th, 2015 (Elections on Feb 25th, 2015)

So like the sub-heading says: Make a Suggestion

++++++++++++++++++++++< Updated List of Suggested Candidates Below>+++++++++++++++++++++++++++

Active FW Participants:

Grimwood - Caldari

Moudib - Amarr - CSM Cadidate Forum Link

Active / Non-FW

Sugar Kyle - Snuff - CSM9 - Candidate Forum Link

Non FW and/or non-active:

Klappen - Ravens Nest
DJ Funkybacon - Eve Radio
Vyktor Abyss
Abyss Research
#2 - 2015-01-19 13:32:04 UTC
The CSM are not representative of anywhere near a decent proportion of the players and FW representatives in the past have contributed to a lot of wasted design effort and time from CCP. I'd also point out CCP make their own design plans (ignoring what the CSM suggest) and only use the CSM as a focus group - to the detriment of every other opinionated player/forum user.

I would encourage people to not vote at all for the CSM.
Moglarr
Operation Meatshield
#3 - 2015-01-19 13:49:45 UTC
Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#4 - 2015-01-19 14:24:45 UTC
All we need is a little Sugar.
Nameira Vanis-Tor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5 - 2015-01-19 14:28:10 UTC
It would be useful to hear from our current CSM member (Funkybacon isn't it?). About how things have gone for them, whether they intent to stand again and what they have achieved for us.

FW always runs the risk of being forgotten, I do think it is useful to have a rep for us to point out the implications for us to CCP for whatever new things they plan - e.g the new Recon ship changes probably have most of us a little more cautious of a medium Plexes!
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#6 - 2015-01-19 15:11:19 UTC
Thanatos Marathon wrote:
All we need is a little Sugar.

This. Sugar Kyle has been an excellent CSM rep this season, and currently lives in Sujarento flying with SnuffBox. While she's not in militia proper, she's been a lowsec advocate forever, and has been very open to suggestions and feedback from FW pilots.

FW is in a very good place, all things considered. The only thing we need at the moment is a mission rebalance pass and to find a way for folks on the losing end of the pendulum to not be stuck at the bottom of the barrel for so long.

And honestly, with as much activity as the warzones see day in and day out, FW is probably the healthiest part of EVE these days.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

JuricM
Caldari State
#7 - 2015-01-19 16:57:56 UTC
That's just it. FW is in a good place, partly because of the mechanics. Partly b/c of the people. From a business perspective, ccp should want to capitalize on such proven success stories. Further, how can it be made even better?

I don't mean to pose that question here. I know many a threadnaught exist devoted to it. I merely wish to say that the ideas this part of the eve community possesses are highly valuable to the game as a whole. Some of the well balanced opinions of people here would add great value and make fw lowsec an even more vibrant place.

Take the leadership of your corp and alliance for example. Their commitment to and understanding of how to draw so many pilots, train them, keep them logging in and fighting...makes FW fun. At least for me. CCP could learn from such experience...and should, bc its a money maker.

I don't mean to single out your corp and leadership, though perhaps they should consider the idea. I am certain there are others with similar talent who garner the respect of the entire community...

Perhaps it is a question of willingness? Kinda like we know who has the jf alts, but who is willing to take the trip to jita...

Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#8 - 2015-01-19 17:58:54 UTC
JuricM wrote:
That's just it. FW is in a good place, partly because of the mechanics. Partly b/c of the people. From a business perspective, ccp should want to capitalize on such proven success stories. Further, how can it be made even better?

I don't mean to pose that question here. I know many a threadnaught exist devoted to it. I merely wish to say that the ideas this part of the eve community possesses are highly valuable to the game as a whole. Some of the well balanced opinions of people here would add great value and make fw lowsec an even more vibrant place.

Take the leadership of your corp and alliance for example. Their commitment to and understanding of how to draw so many pilots, train them, keep them logging in and fighting...makes FW fun. At least for me. CCP could learn from such experience...and should, bc its a money maker.

I don't mean to single out your corp and leadership, though perhaps they should consider the idea. I am certain there are others with similar talent who garner the respect of the entire community...

Perhaps it is a question of willingness? Kinda like we know who has the jf alts, but who is willing to take the trip to jita...

It isn't just willingness, it's also ability and work ethic. Sugar is a great CSM member because she actually tries. Just electing someone to the CSM who then does nothing doesn't help.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#9 - 2015-01-19 18:02:58 UTC
Thanatos Marathon wrote:
It isn't just willingness, it's also ability and work ethic. Sugar is a great CSM member because she actually tries. Just electing someone to the CSM who then does nothing doesn't help.
Sugar Kyle has been willing to listen to the FW players who make suggestions to her, and she's asked for feedback as well. Just make sure your corporation/alliance has contact with her to give her some suggestions/feedback if/when she gets elected again.

Arla Sarain
#10 - 2015-01-19 18:15:11 UTC
Vote me for CSM if you want Slasher only FW plexs.
Patmy
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#11 - 2015-01-19 19:51:44 UTC
Grimwood has been around the block in eve. He knows about the issues in low/FW.

Most importantly he is not afraid to tell someone when they are wrong or correct them. He will stand up for what he belives in! If you want a real person who can relate to anyone.....

Grimwood for CSM
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#12 - 2015-01-19 20:01:49 UTC
Theres really not much more to do with FW, and the way CCP has been swinging the hammer at problems i wouldnt suggest drawing too much attention.

IMO only things left are;

Slight tweak to rats for a little more tank in larger plexes.
Stabbed and cloaked ships (but particularly stabbed) should not be able to run a timer backwards or forwards.
A new pass over benefits of upgrading systems perhaps.*
Perhaps a slight leveling of the tier system to remove the extreme incentive for farmers to flock to the winning side.*

*careful what you wish for though lol.

By CCPs standards we got a lot of good attention recently. Making null a better place to live and require constant activity there for a reasonable reward will probably do more to fix remaining issues in low sec than any change to FW directly. Well, it might even kill FW but who cares if the mechanics in null are equal or better than FW and the meaningful combat isnt predominantly comical lagfests.

Not to say we shouldnt have a CSM, just that i dont see a lot of work to be done.
Arla Sarain
#13 - 2015-01-19 22:21:46 UTC
I'd actually enjoy if plexs had all gates removed, but got the new obstacle course type environment that the new exploration sites have.

You jump into a plex and you can set it up so that it favours you. Then there is counter setting up using cloakies and what not and gang/fleet fights are not the usual bland

"brawl at beacon and pray for scram",
"fight uphill with kitey destroyers/frigs"
and "fire downhill"

that we see so often theses days (arguably an artefact of poor combat design).
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#14 - 2015-01-19 23:04:44 UTC
Kinda defeats the point of playing a space ship submarine game if your space is filled with not space.

Go back to WoW, seriously.
Epikurus
TheBlacklist
#15 - 2015-01-20 17:33:18 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
Kinda defeats the point of playing a space ship submarine game if your space is filled with not space.

The whole plex thing introduces those basic aspects anyway by bringing in 'terrain' that breaks the endless expanse of space up, so I don't see much wrong in principle with deepening the terrain-based features to allow for more complex strategies. It's a sci-fi game so there is no need to be bound by the frequently boring parameters of naval warfare.

That said, I haven't been in the exploration sites so don't know if the specific suggestion of using them as a model has any merit.

Also, Sugar Kyle for CSM! Intelligent, willing to listen and non-partisan ... what more could we ask for?
Frostys Virpio
State War Academy
Caldari State
#16 - 2015-01-20 17:46:02 UTC
Epikurus wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

The whole plex thing introduces those basic aspects anyway by bringing in 'terrain' that breaks the endless expanse of space up, so I don't see much wrong in principle with deepening the terrain-based features to allow for more complex strategies. It's a sci-fi game so there is no need to be bound by the frequently boring parameters of naval warfare.

That said, I haven't been in the exploration sites so don't know if the specific suggestion of using them as a model has any merit.

Also, Sugar Kyle for CSM! Intelligent, willing to listen and non-partisan ... what more could we ask for?

Bacon
Epikurus
TheBlacklist
#17 - 2015-01-20 17:51:06 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Epikurus wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Bacon

You make a compelling point.
Lexiana Del'Amore
Nouvelle Rouvenor
#18 - 2015-01-20 20:04:49 UTC
let pirate factions join into faction war...
JuricM
Caldari State
#19 - 2015-01-21 05:18:17 UTC
Sugar Kyle
Grimwood
Bacon

Will any be putting in their app at the end of the month?
Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#20 - 2015-01-21 15:12:10 UTC  |  Edited by: Thanatos Marathon
JuricM wrote:
Sugar Kyle
Grimwood
Bacon

Will any be putting in their app at the end of the month?

Out of that list the only one currently on my list is Sugar. I'll take a look at grimwood though.

[EDIT] I don't see a thread for Grimwood, maybe I'm blind, or maybe he isn't running...I'm a bit out of touch this year.
123Next pageLast page