These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Improving the Fitting Experience

First post First post
Author
Daichi Yamato
Jabbersnarks and Wonderglass
#141 - 2015-01-06 03:39:39 UTC
Drone stats
Multi/mass-fit (right click ship stack, fit from saved fittings or something)

can we also label fittings like we label mails and contacts?

EVE FAQ "7.2 CAN I AVOID PVP COMPLETELY? No; there are no systems or locations in New Eden where PvP may be completely avoided"

Daichi Yamato's version of structure based decs

Giribaldi
State War Academy
Caldari State
#142 - 2015-01-06 03:58:53 UTC
I still can't click fit on my t3 cruisers without the fitting going completely wonkey
Alundil
Rolled Out
#143 - 2015-01-06 04:06:00 UTC
This is excellent news. I'm totally sold..... as long as I have the option to download updates from seedy Russian hosting services.

I'm right behind you

Amarisen Gream
The.Kin.of.Jupiter
#144 - 2015-01-06 04:15:12 UTC
It has been said but i'll say it again

-Allow us to fit any ship, even if we don't own it.
-More drone info
-Incoming damage
-Boost
-Turning on/off mods for checking cap etc.

(EFT/PYFA are good starting locations for what in-game Fitting Tool should do)

"The Lord loosed upon them his fierce anger All of his fury and rage. He dispatched against them a band of Avenging Angels" - The Scriptures, Book II, Apocalypse 10:1

#NPCLivesMatter #Freetheboobs

Warde Guildencrantz
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#145 - 2015-01-06 04:28:11 UTC
Let me frigging drag and drop a module on another same-slot-type module in the fitting window and they switch places instead of telling me "there is already something in that location".

Yes. Everyone knows that. Ever heard of overheat module spacing?

TunDraGon ~ Low sec piracy since 2003 ~ Youtube ~ Join Us

Lugh Crow-Slave
#146 - 2015-01-06 05:45:12 UTC
Oscae wrote:

-Adjustable incoming damage; be able to check EHP+Tank against specific rats/ammo types
Happy new year CCP!

This so much this!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Vic Vorlon
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#147 - 2015-01-06 05:54:49 UTC
I'd like the option (with a checkbox) to have my ship renamed to match the fit I'm using. I know you're looking at this from the point of view of someone crafting a unique ship, but please keep in mind those of us who mass produce dozens of ships with the same fit and name, over and over again. We enable our corpmates' gameplay, but it's a pain for it to be such a laborious process.

I've posted this in the Little Things thread, and other places, over the past few months.
Llurren
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#148 - 2015-01-06 05:55:18 UTC
Great news! Adding my voice to the chorus:

1.) Drone control range, speed, orbital range, etc. based on current fitting. Ability to group drones prior to undocking.
2.) Logi stats (don't forget about the impact of drones)
3.) EWAR tolerance. Yeah, I know most ships will only last 2.8 seconds before being jammed, but it's good to know your resistance to such attacks.
4.) Show resistances/EHP based on current fittings; assume we'll actually turn them on when we undock. P
5.) Ability to group weapons systems prior to undocking
6.) Thermodynamics Optimization: Provide recommendations for grouping modules.
7.) Cap Life: Show both with and without cap boosters; ability to turn prop mods off/pulse
8.) Neuts: Amount drained/nos on both your ship and enemy ship
9.) Alerts: Booster installed but missing boosters; missing scripts, no drones in drone bay, etc.
10.) Explorers: Show relic and data strengths, virus coherence, etc.

-Llurren

"I grok people. I am people… so now I can say it in people talk. I've found out why people laugh. They laugh because it hurts so much… because it's the only thing that'll make it stop hurting."

Pike Chargrim
Carebear Empire
#149 - 2015-01-06 06:17:21 UTC
I think a good starting point would be see why people use EFT. Here is what I use it for:

1) Fitting ships that a) I do not own, b) with mods that I do not have, and c) skills I have not trained up
2) Allows me to see ship stats (dmg/tank/speed/everything) with various mods on/off/overheated/etc in a simple way that can be compared across the board
3) Takes into account various Implants/drugs/links/etc
4) Takes remote effect modules into account
5) Fits are available for me as a player, across all my chars/accounts
6) Extremely responsive/fast (have you TRIED the new industry UI? soooooooooooo laggy)
7) Retrieves prices from eve-central

Now, in terms of how I would integrate this into the game:
1) Improve the ship stats window to let us see the current ship stats with various mods on/off/overheated/etc. Right now I have to undock to see how much EHP a DC2 adds!
2) Free-form fitting -> eg go to market, right click on a ship, add fitting. drag and drop mods from market or hangar, etc.
3) The UI has to be FAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Server round trips are too SLOW and noticeable and this should be done 100% client-side. If you've ever tried clicking through the market window in jita or messing with the industry UI anywhere, you know what I mean. EFT has no fancy effects and it works GREAT.
4) Better fitting management - edit fits in place, share fits with people/corp/alliance
5) 1-click BUY FIT and ASSEMBLE FIT
6) Then deal with getting links/implants/etc working. Tackle the 80% use case first before going after the 20%
Doober Escobar
Nocturnal Emissions Co.
#150 - 2015-01-06 06:26:55 UTC
Let us create a prototype fit, then give us the option to purchase all the modules (with options to only by in station, system, or region) with a single click.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#151 - 2015-01-06 06:49:13 UTC
things I want to see that I can think of right now.

Drone stats should show up properly.

DPS with different drone groups.

Cap use with various modules active, currently it assumes I just turn everything on, when most of the time I have at least something turned off, I can kinda test this by off lining a module, but with say a MWD and the cap penalty, that is no longer an accurate method.

Better options to refit to/from cargo. with mobile depots, roaming, and various ships you can refit on in space, I find myself swapping fits in and out of my cargo hold.

when dragging a stack of launchers/turrets on to the ship I want to fit them all almost all the time. I usually don't want to fit multiples of most other items though, and usually not rigs either. I'm not sure there is a great way to implement something like this.

easier way to manage weapon groups in the fitting window.

as said the ability to see various mods on/off and how that changes everything else.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Kinizsi
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#152 - 2015-01-06 06:54:18 UTC
Dear CCP!

If you really want to improve fitting experiance, pretty please finaly let people to use saved fittings from your ships cargohold, not just from station inventory.

Thank you in advance.

:Kin
Elena Thiesant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#153 - 2015-01-06 07:07:01 UTC
These:

Jackie Fisher wrote:
A more obvious way of grouping weapons

Canenald wrote:
Allow us to fill all turret or launcher slots from a stack (or as many as possbile).

Show drone control range in stats.

Allow switching places of fitted modules by dragging them around.

"Unload all" button to remove all charges from modules that take charges.

Also an 'unfit all rack' button, which would remove all modules in that rack to the player's chosen destination(1).
Ideally I'd love to be able to drag a group of modules from inventory onto the fitting window and have them behave sensibly, eg drag 4 railguns, an afterburner, two mag stabs, an enam and a pile of antimatter ammo onto a Thorax, have the guns fit, the ammo be loaded and the other mods go into their correct places.

As for the unfit, let us chose where those removed modules/ammo goes, much like the 'output to' dropdown for industry. Sometimes the default of my hanger is not the ideal place (eg a mining barge which has a can in it's cargo hold for part-used crystals)

Robert Halycon
Tribal Liberation Force
Minmatar Republic
#154 - 2015-01-06 07:37:15 UTC
Super excited to see an update to the fitting window, my only suggestion is to add an option to see what modules could fit into a certain slot with how much cpu/pg/skills/whatever you still have. For example if you have a ship thats fully fit except for one mid slot and you only have a few cpu/pg left and don't know what to put there (we all know itll end up being a sebo), right click the slot and it'll bring up what you could possibly fit there.
Gnadolin
Space Pioneers
#155 - 2015-01-06 09:06:45 UTC
I do not know if this has been suggested in the last eight pages, but what about showing the actual change a module does after Stacking Penalty.
This would be especially handy for Hardeners for example to show how many % of resist the module actually gives in total with all stacking penalties taken into account.
This allows to easily see how effective your build in Modules are and if it makes sense at all to fit them.
corebloodbrothers
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#156 - 2015-01-06 09:10:24 UTC
guys,
look in the internal csm ccp forum:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=391881&find=unread

little change too fittings:
1. make direct fitting button possible from linked fittings that people drag or open from external sites, versus the now need to save and look up
2. make the pop up box with missing items ciclable active link, so peopel can right click the item and go market details, and purchase, close it and hit fit again
3. when saving a fit: this name excists already, want to overide option

i am sure peopel will have mentioned stuff like bulk fit often, or find the best next meta module close ;)
Eli Monpress
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#157 - 2015-01-06 09:17:20 UTC
Please, give us more space to store fittings!
200 personal is not enough.
Mr Ketoclysm
Perkone
Caldari State
#158 - 2015-01-06 09:26:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Mr Ketoclysm
Most important ideas have been said and mostly they overlap with eft functionality. There is probably no need to copy eft functionality, but here is my 5 cents in order of importance.

Drones
control range
optimal range of individual drone (currently you cant get accurate stats for drones when they are in your cargo)
speed of individual drone
damage of selected flight of drones
grouping drones in station

Misc
Buy and fit option (in market window, when buying there is need for option"buy and fit to active ship")
Buy fitting (in fitting window is option "buy fitting" it opens multibuy option for selected items where you can set personal preferences, station and buy price, default buy price is lowest in current station)
Browse ship fittings without openings ship fitting window

Skills
Option to toggle skills that affect current module. like in eft (Very helpful for noobies or for vets to know if there is point to train something to lvl5)

DPS

DPS graph that takes account range, transversal, speed and signature (for, guns, missiles, or drones)

Targeting
locking time (capsule, frigate, cruiser, etc)

Movement
align time

Overloading
duration
stats when overheated
module damage

Cap
cap life when module is on or off (looking at you microwarp drive)
cap life when using energy vampires

HP
actual EHP (taking account resistance profile and reps)
incoming dps simulation (damage types)

Booster
stats when boosters are in effects

Edit: quick mspaint mockup for some of ideas for fitting window http://imgur.com/nC5k4wz
minuseb
Rattini Tribe
Minmatar Fleet Alliance
#159 - 2015-01-06 09:36:22 UTC  |  Edited by: minuseb
right now when I choose a saved fit for a ship and press FIT button then fitting manager is searching for modules rigs and ammo etc in my hangar
it would be nice to have the option to define different sources for those modules rigs etc
like a station container, or a corp hangar division
would help people that like to keep things organized in their hangar
and people that fit lots of ships for their corp
Salpad
Carebears with Attitude
#160 - 2015-01-06 09:41:37 UTC
CCP Sharq wrote:
Allowing pilots to try in the fitting window modules and rigs they own or don't, to see what effect they have before committing. Try before you buy

What about modules they don't yet have the skillz to fit?

What about showing the result of modules with bonuses from skillz higher than (or lower than) the character currently has?