These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP karkur - you're our only hope - new Little Things

First post First post First post
Author
Nac Lac
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1461 - 2014-12-09 00:36:19 UTC
Suggestion: save chat window settings; font size, portrait choice, compact member list, etc.
Keywords: chat settings, chat customization
Note: saves time for people who prefer a very custom chat window. Each new window, private or new channel has to be adjusted for those of us with ocd, bad eyesight, excellent eyesight (smaller text which will eventually cause the prior condition), color preference/blindness, keywords, or who hate scrolling through chat logs if they don't watch every second.
Baynex
Aideron Robotics
Aideron Robotics.
#1462 - 2014-12-09 18:09:53 UTC
We have bookmarks in space, can we get bookmarks in overview? It would make them way easier to access than having to either go through a right click menu
Rheinkraft
D-sync
D-sync.
#1463 - 2014-12-09 20:56:31 UTC
Suggestions

1. Directors receive notification when a member has left corp - currently only CEO receives it...

2. When a new application is accepted and the new member joins corp notify CEO / Directors who accepted the application!

Regards

R
Fifth Blade
Jump Drive Appreciation Society
#1464 - 2014-12-10 00:27:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Fifth Blade
Someone broke multi-sell.

1. Quantity and price are now unlabelled and
  2. When you sell one stack they are vertically stacked.

https://i.imgur.com/TqsZRbn.png

You could easily make a sell order for 20b ore ore for 6 isk or 6 ore for 20b isk by mistake.
The Aggressor
UK Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#1465 - 2014-12-10 02:20:03 UTC
Not sure if this has already been posted, but I refuse to read 70+ pages to check.

Contact List Sharing / Bulk Contact Adding (Exporting/Importing?):

Suggestion:

Currently, adding contact lists or synchronizing them between characters can be an unnecessary and time consuming pain. It would be awesome to be able to export/import or share contact lists.

Possible Use:

A corp gets wardecced by another small-medium sized corporation, they want to watchlist all of their rival corp's members to see if they are online or not. The corp leadership releases a mail containing a list of the other corporations members, but there are 30+ contacts to add.

Implementation:

Add the ability to Export/Import locally using a file similar to the old overview settings, or the ability to bulk-add contacts though an ingame link, similar to current sharing of overview settings.
James Baboli
Warp to Pharmacy
#1466 - 2014-12-10 02:30:31 UTC
Bring back the color slider for overview.

I had different ones set up because I have migraines with synesthesia on about a monthly basis, and most if not all of the colors end up making them worse.

Talking more,

Flying crazier,

And drinking more

Making battleships worth the warp

Garak n00biachi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1467 - 2014-12-10 13:19:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Garak n00biachi
Please enlarge the neocom and station icons like the lpstore etc...theyre very small and simplistic\minimalistic....not sure how they made it to release.

edit
ok you can make them larger in escape>general>untick "small station service buttons"....... yay \0/
Alundil
Rolled Out
#1468 - 2014-12-10 16:06:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Alundil
Viewing mail in EVE Gate with fitting links attached out of game (oog).

This currently does not work. It would be nice if linked fittings in EVE mail showed the actual detail of the fitting when viewed in EVE Gate (oog).

Perhaps convert the fitting to a simply EFT format text block for ease of reading and import/export to various OOG fitting tools.
keywords: mail, evegate, communication, fitting

I'm right behind you

Degestus Chene
Pacta Sunt Servanda Inc.
#1469 - 2014-12-11 19:19:46 UTC
Suggestion: compact mode for the Notepad (like Inventory)
Keywords: ui, notepad
Note: I use short notes with items or systems in it to quickly click on them. Sometimes there are just 3 or 4 items in the note. In these situations (read only) I don't need the "folder part" and the "font settings".

Suggestion: [SHIFT]+[LEFT CLICK] on a note > open note in separate window (like Inventory)
Keywords: ui, notepad
Note: It would be great if I could open more than one note at a time.

deutscher EVE Online Blog: kolkrabe.net

Dangeresque Too
Pistols for Pandas
#1470 - 2014-12-11 23:46:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Dangeresque Too
Suggestion: Completed feature set for Station Services panel Items & Ships
Keywords: UI, Station Services, Items
Note: Having the Inventory window's feature set as part of the Items & Ships section of the Station Services Panel.

Having access to item size and estimated value from the Ships & Items window while it is part of Station Services window. Also having access to corp hangers in an office from that window would be dandy, so I don't have constantly use the Inventory window in addition to, which then makes me just want to use the Inventory window and completely ignore the best way to use the Station Services panel.
Sayef Talim
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1471 - 2014-12-12 06:22:57 UTC
Suggestion: Way to sort ships by manufacturer (such as Khanid or Duvolle)
Keywords: Ships, UI, ISIS?
Note: Occasionally I want to look for all of the ships produced by a single manufacturer, but there is no easy way to do that right now.
Dau Katari
Stormsong Scrapyards
#1472 - 2014-12-12 07:07:32 UTC
Suggestion: Highlight partial results already in your skill queue when you use the skill queue search function.
Keywords: Search, UI, skill queue
Jon Dekker
Dekker Corporation
#1473 - 2014-12-12 09:51:50 UTC
Suggestion: Add "click to see available modules" to ship fitting slots.
Keywords: Ship Fitting UI
Note: This I think should be an easy one. CCP Punkturis, I think you might like this. For all the newbros, I think this will really help (and solve one of my EVE annoyances at the same time!!)

When I purchase a new ship, I open the ship fitting window, it would be great to be able to click on a slot (mid, high, low, module, or sub-system) and pull up a menu that shows me all available modules for that ship and that specific slot grouping. If I'm in a frigate, it would pull up small Afterburners and small modules only. If I'm in a larger ship it will pull up the larger modules, and have a button that says "to view smaller modules for this slot, click here" which shows smaller modules made for ships a class size down.
Blastcaps Madullier
Handsome Millionaire Playboys
Sedition.
#1474 - 2014-12-12 17:23:31 UTC  |  Edited by: Blastcaps Madullier
Atm the T1 BCs like the hurricane, drake etc are NOT worth using, currently since the cruiser rebalance, the cruisers are a fraction of the cost and do the same job as well if not better than BCs can.

Time to un nerf the hurricane and buff the other BCs to similar levels as the hurricane was originaly, because originally when they were nerfed the cruiser etc rebalances had not been done.

Also Friend or Foe missiles and defender missiles desperately need looking at, compare their usage vs every other missile type and you'll find their generaly not used for various reasons stated elsewhere on the Eve O forums.
Arthmer
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1475 - 2014-12-12 19:30:53 UTC
Variations tab on implants info, so I can find the +4 implant if I'm looking at the +3 implant. Same goes for things like +1% to powergrid or cpu.
J A Aloysiusz
Risk Breakers
SONS of BANE
#1476 - 2014-12-12 22:55:44 UTC
Please!...

The ability to modify the selected item pane, such that you can choose which buttons you want on there, and in which positions!

AND

The ability to make *multiple* custom warp-to ranges, such that you can have a few different warp-to ranges on the selected item pane, and quickly click whichever is desired!

IE - If sometimes I want to warp to 5km, and sometimes 7.5km, I currently have to modify my default warp on the go. It would be far preferable to have multiple custom ranges set up, and have them on my selected item pane so I can simply click whichever is applicable
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#1477 - 2014-12-13 14:29:13 UTC
Fifth Blade wrote:
Someone broke multi-sell.

1. Quantity and price are now unlabelled and
  2. When you sell one stack they are vertically stacked.

https://i.imgur.com/TqsZRbn.png

You could easily make a sell order for 20b ore ore for 6 isk or 6 ore for 20b isk by mistake.

Put this in Rhea Issues

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

MechaJeb Kerman
MechaJeb Kerman's Thrasher Fund
Novus Ordo.
#1478 - 2014-12-13 15:03:25 UTC
Suggestion: Middle mouse button/scroll wheel click to open a link in a new tab, in the browser.
Keywords: Browser, UI, Better usability.
Pretty self explanatory. Such a neat little feature, for example, when you are Googling something and want to quickly check the first 5 results. Which leads me to my next suggestion.

Suggestion: Browser's address bar should act like a Google search bar if no valid address in entered.
Keywords: Browser, UI, Better usability.
Also a no-brainer.

Suggestion: Show the effects of a module in the fitting screen when hovering over the module's image in the info window.
Keywords: UI, Better usability.
Just like when you hover over a module in cargo and it shows how much CPU/Power it's going to use etc in the fitting window. Surely not an essential feature, but still it's more convenient than having to, gasp, do math.

Harvey James wrote:
could we have repackaging please for cargo containers and cargobays/dronebays

So much this, or, actually,
Suggestion: Remove module packaging/repackaging altogether.
Keywords: Modules, PITA, User experience, Chinese Water Torture
I must be taking too much crazy pills, but I honestly cannot see how this feature helps anything in any way. Obviously this excludes damaged mods, they shouldn't stack, but why don't the rest just auto-repackage after removing from the ship? I mean, seriously, it's nothing but a constant pain. Please, please consider this.

I'll crudely Photoshop an image of Helen Thomas onto a picture of your choosing for 30m. PM me.

Two Fs
Doomheim
#1479 - 2014-12-14 04:45:59 UTC
Suggestion: Radial menu off Probe scanner (ignore, warp to, save location)
Key word: radial menu, probe scanning, bookmarks

suggestion: Radial Menu option to delete bookmarks-in-space. Edit is already there, where is remove?
Keywords: radial menu, bookmarks

suggestion: Probe scanner that refreshes better.. Currently have to open/close scanner to refresh distances.
Keywords: probe scanning

suggestion: A way to save way-point chains. Ease of region scanning, without having to add waypoint 10+ times and accidentally hit set destination on the last waypoint....
keywords: navigation, waypoints

suggestion: Multi remove waypoint in manage route window. Currently have to remove one at a time.
keywords: navigation, waypoints

suggestion: Option to turn off probe arrows when scanning solar systems. Sending probe groups straight down 100s of AU because you held the arrow by accident is irritating.
keywors: probe scanning

suggestion Some way of highlighting skills in traiing que. I have 50 skills in que. Where is "x" skill?
keywords: training que

suggestion: bookmarking from probe scanner gives anom code in BM name. Ex I bookmark wormhole, default name is "anom-code" Wormhole
keywords: probe scanning, bookmarks

suggestion: Notes for/on corporation contacts. I set his corp to bad standing because they gate camp, not because they suicide gank. Why can't I record that in my contacts list like I can with individual characters?
keywords: contacts, standings

suggestion: more options for overview colors. Appearance and background.
keywords: overview
Thelonious Blake
Miles Research and Development
#1480 - 2014-12-14 06:23:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Thelonious Blake
Make it so I can type letters in the dropdown menu of bookmark folders* (when creating a bookmark) and sellect folders that way.
Key words: bookmarks, UI, rationalising.

Cheers.