These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

CCP karkur - you're our only hope - new Little Things

First post First post First post
Author
Joia Crenca
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#1441 - 2014-12-03 19:23:23 UTC
TheSmokingHertog wrote:
Joia Crenca wrote:
Suggestion: Updating the forum 'find dev post' to have a 'next' iteration.

This would allow us to use the 'dev post' finder in each thread to move past the first quote. In very long threads, this would be very handy.

you mean like clicking the DEV icon in the avatar of a DEV? try it, you will be amazed, same with CSM, GM, ISD...

Yup! That's it. I didn't see anything that would have told me to do that (because clicking on the main picture doesn't work that way), but thanks! That function was possibly available for anyone to read about, wasn't it? In a filing cabinet in an unused bathroom in the basement just waiting for me to read.

Joia Crenca
Caldari State
#1442 - 2014-12-03 19:29:20 UTC
Suggestion: Adding sub-tabs of Faction, Corp and Agents to the Standings section under Liked by and Disliked by.

Under the Liked by and Disliked by, currently all agents, corps and factions are displayed. This results in a massive data request each time the Standings tab is opened. This causes a long pause in the game, and probably reflects the hit on the server as well.

If the sub-tabs were available, and the request for data was changed to when the sub-tab was opened, that might lower the traffic hit on the server and the pauses that comes from the data transfer. I rarely look at the agent part itself, mostly checking my faction and corp standings.
Joia Crenca
Caldari State
#1443 - 2014-12-03 19:30:24 UTC  |  Edited by: Joia Crenca
Also, haven't seen much Dev attention in this thread? I can't promise flowers for coming here, but you might get a wave! *Wave* o/
ShadowandLight
Trigger Happy Capsuleers
#1444 - 2014-12-03 22:14:58 UTC
TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#1445 - 2014-12-03 23:02:51 UTC
Joia Crenca wrote:
Also, haven't seen much Dev attention in this thread? I can't promise flowers for coming here, but you might get a wave! *Wave* o/

Check little things DEV blogs, a lot of things came from this thread.

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

TheSmokingHertog
Julia's Interstellar Trade Emperium
#1446 - 2014-12-03 23:10:40 UTC  |  Edited by: TheSmokingHertog
Joia Crenca wrote:
TheSmokingHertog wrote:
Joia Crenca wrote:

This would allow us to use the 'dev post' finder in each thread to move past the first quote. In very long threads, this would be very handy.

you mean like clicking the DEV icon in the avatar of a DEV? try it, you will be amazed, same with CSM, GM, ISD...

Yup! That's it. I didn't see anything that would have told me to do that (because clicking on the main picture doesn't work that way), but thanks! That function was possibly available for anyone to read about, wasn't it? In a filing cabinet in an unused bathroom in the basement just waiting for me to read.

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3334100#post3334100 < ;)... sure, I just found the one for you, check the rest of the thread

>> another recommendation >> Tips on Youtube by CCP karkur <<

Edit; if you are a forum warior, do you know Forum Gold?

"Dogma is kind of like quantum physics, observing the dogma state will change it." ~ CCP Prism X

"Schrödinger's Missile. I dig it." ~ Makari Aeron

-= "Brain in a Box on Singularity" - April 2015 =-

Kalestrom Crendraven
AlcoDOTTE
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#1447 - 2014-12-04 00:21:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalestrom Crendraven
  • Suggestion: "est price" for compare tool
  • Keywords: ui, market
  • Note:

• Suggestion: Colorize columns in compare tool
  • Keywords: ui
  • Note: a gradient between green and red for example, red = "worst" of the compared items, green = "best". This way, you can see those with the best attributes all at once.

• Suggestion: Drop shadows on text
  • Keywords: ui, accessibility
  • [*] Note: The same way icon text on your desktop can still be seen on a white background...
    Jon Dekker
    Dekker Corporation
    #1448 - 2014-12-04 01:04:31 UTC
    ASSETS or ITEMS INVENTORY button in an item info window.

I'm always looking at an item's info, and can easily view in the market, but many times I've purchased something I already have. It would be great if the client could quickly determine if I already own this item in the current station with a button that opens up my inventory with that item highlighted.

I understand we probably don't want to ping the server with an item asset search every time we hit the info button on something, so perhaps if we don't currently have that item in the station, a button can be added to search our assets for that item.
    Bagrat Skalski
    Koinuun Kotei
    #1449 - 2014-12-04 08:34:14 UTC
    Suggestion: Colorize skillbooks for easier differentiation
    Keywords: ui
    Note: a gradient on books incorporating the hues for attributes as they are now on implants. Cover area colored for primary attribute, spine colored for secondary attribute.

It will make books more easier to choose from inventory regarding maxed attribute for skillplan.

Skillbooks and "common book" colored like here: http://i.imgur.com/1tg6KUS.png

FireFrenzy
    Cynosural Samurai
    #1450 - 2014-12-04 10:11:21 UTC
    Suggestion: Beam lasers have a cycle time that doesnt match the animation timer...
    Keywords: Beam lasers, moar ossim
    Note: Right now the difference between a pulse laser, and another pulse laser with different range bracket... Since as beam laser is actually a "slightly longer pulse laser"
    Blastcaps Madullier
    Handsome Millionaire Playboys
    Sedition.
    #1451 - 2014-12-04 19:46:58 UTC
    can we have "improved" and "augmented" sentry drones, like you get with hobs hammers ogres etc.
    Yroc Jannseen
    Deep Core Mining Inc.
    Caldari State
    #1452 - 2014-12-04 22:48:23 UTC
    On the Jobs page in the industry window, can you add a 9/10 and 8/10 type indicator to show how many manufacturing and how many science jobs are running.

You see this when you're looking at a blueprint but not looking at the jobs overview.
    Titus Tallang
    EVE University
    Ivy League
    #1453 - 2014-12-05 11:23:53 UTC
    Initiating self destruct gives you a session change timer but does not display the session change timer wheel in the top-left.

Director of Education - EVE University - http://wiki.eveuniversity.org/

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
    University of Caille
    Gallente Federation
    #1454 - 2014-12-06 01:18:24 UTC
    Add a "Do not show me again" checkbox to the message that appears when you try to warp with a criminal timer in high sec. This message can prevent the player from warping if it is still open when the ship blows up, causing pod losses.

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

Ravcharas
    Infinite Point
    Pandemic Horde
    #1455 - 2014-12-06 20:58:28 UTC
    Suggestion: Option to disable the scan sweep graphic effect
    Keywords: ui, chinese water torture
    Note: Every 60 seconds. Every 60 seconds. Every 60 seconds. Every 60 seconds.
    Joia Crenca
    Caldari State
    #1456 - 2014-12-07 03:57:27 UTC
    TheSmokingHertog wrote:
    Joia Crenca wrote:
    TheSmokingHertog wrote:
    Joia Crenca wrote:

https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=3334100#post3334100 < ;)... sure, I just found the one for you, check the rest of the thread

>> another recommendation >> Tips on Youtube by CCP karkur <<

Edit; if you are a forum warior, do you know Forum Gold?

As long as we're linking CCP Karkur's Youtube videos:

Merry Christmas past!
    Swiftstrike1
    Swiftstrike Incorporated
    #1457 - 2014-12-07 20:27:20 UTC

• Suggestion: Allow overheating of modules by shift-clicking module icons under the locked targets
  • Keywords: ui, overheating
  • Note: particularly useful for logi pilots!
  • ---

Sometimes you get in a fight where every second counts. You have multiple identical modules activated on several different targets and you want to overheat a specific one and you want to do it fast! When every second counts you don't always have time to follow the little lines from one side of the screen to the other to see which module you should be overheating. Please allow overheating via shift-clicking on the module icons directly under the locked targets.

Casual Incursion runner & Faction Warfare grunt, ex-Wormholer, ex-Nullbear.

Bethan Le Troix
    Krusual Investigation Agency
    #1458 - 2014-12-08 17:20:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Bethan Le Troix
    When I was on the EVE Uni channel yesterday chatting and giving advice one pilot asked about Jump Clones and had accidentally destroyed one theirs by storing one where they already had another one stored.

I'm not sure a warning box comes up when you attempt to do this. I have a feeling it doesn't so might that be an idea to implement so that new pilots don't mess up and destroy their Jump Clones by mistake. Question

It sort of lines up with the impending change on removing the need to update medical clones. Just a thought. Blink

oops.

Suggestion: Add 'warning box' if action will destroy a Jump Clone stored at NPC station.
    Keywords: Jump Clone.

PS Sorry this is a bit messy.
    Bienator II
    madmen of the skies
    #1459 - 2014-12-08 17:55:57 UTC
    "notes" tab for the corporation show-info window

i find the "notes" tab of character info windows highly useful and use it to write down why i set standings for example. Would be awesome if we would have the same thing for corps.

how to fix eve: 1) remove ECM 2) rename dampeners to ECM 3) add new anti-drone ewar for caldari 4) give offgrid boosters ongrid combat value

Seven Koskanaiken
    Shadow Legions.
    #1460 - 2014-12-08 23:06:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Seven Koskanaiken
    Item sorted alphabetically in the orders window take into account the ' character such as in 'Capitalist' Magnetic Field Stabilizer, but items in the market quickbar don't, and they end up in the same group as their first letter. Can they be consistent with one another.