These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

CSM Campaigns

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Conflict. Opportunity. Destruction. Excitement.... Sabriz for CSM10

First post First post
Author
Tear Jar
New Order Logistics
CODE.
#21 - 2014-11-27 04:43:58 UTC  |  Edited by: Tear Jar
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

- Apply the NPC corp tax rate to members of very new corporations (ones that are less than 7 days old). This seriously discourages jumping ship and reforming corporations..

I would consider changing this to apply to members for the first 7 days they are in a corp(any corp). Otherwise people will just create corps on alts and swap to them once they get decced.

Admittedly, this does have the side effect of affecting all new corp members, but I view this as a minor downside.
Daniel Plain
Doomheim
#22 - 2014-11-27 17:33:08 UTC
for the record: if you send me a link to the voting site once voting starts (so i don't forget it), i will vote for you.

I should buy an Ishtar.

Lorelei Ierendi
We Care A Lot
#23 - 2014-11-28 20:07:38 UTC
Tear Jar wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

- Apply the NPC corp tax rate to members of very new corporations (ones that are less than 7 days old). This seriously discourages jumping ship and reforming corporations..

I would consider changing this to apply to members for the first 7 days they are in a corp(any corp). Otherwise people will just create corps on alts and swap to them once they get decced.

Admittedly, this does have the side effect of affecting all new corp members, but I view this as a minor downside.

And don't forget, that we Carebears are not so bothered by Corporation Tax....
Otherwise TDD Dominators would not have had the success he had! ;)

http://hisec-carebear.blogspot.de/

Ssabat Thraxx
DUST Expeditionary Team
Good Sax
#24 - 2014-11-29 06:38:24 UTC
You have my whole-hearted support! Anything I can do to help your campaign, please let me know.

\m/ O.o \m/

"You're a freak ..." - Solecist Project

X Page
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#25 - 2014-11-29 12:26:23 UTC
Friendly bump, +1.
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-11-29 16:06:30 UTC
To throw a curveball Sabriz, do you support the addition of new pve content in high sec? God knows pve in eve is in a boring state right now, what should be done to improve the game experience for those players?

Founder of Violet Squadron, a small gang NPSI community! Mail me for more information.

BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie's Space Mediation Service!

CODE Agent AC
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#27 - 2014-11-30 00:58:42 UTC
You have my support 100%.

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Sabriz Adoudel
Move along there is nothing here
#28 - 2014-11-30 04:10:39 UTC
BeBopAReBop RhubarbPie wrote:
To throw a curveball Sabriz, do you support the addition of new pve content in high sec? God knows pve in eve is in a boring state right now, what should be done to improve the game experience for those players?

Excellent question.

I'll elaborate when not at work, but the answer is a qualified yes - as long as the new PVE content is designed to drive a bit more conflict and player interaction.

I support the New Order and CODE. alliance. www.minerbumping.com

Zepher Helen Hawat
Malfurion Mining
#29 - 2014-12-01 11:47:53 UTC
You have my vote.
Lanctharus Onzo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#30 - 2014-12-02 04:56:36 UTC
Well hello there!

My name is Lanctharus Onzo and I an one of the co-host and writers of the Cap Stable Podcast.

In early 2014 our podcast interviewed a great majority of the candidates for CSM9 and we will be doing the same for CSM10.

Here is our announcement: http://capstable.net/2014/12/01/council-of-stellar-management-x-call-for-candidate-interviews/

As we stated in the announcement, you can contact us to schedule your one on one interview via any of the following methods:

Email: podcast@capstable.net
Twitter: @CapStable
Or via our contact form

We look forward to speaking to you about your particular skill set and expertise in EVE Online and we hope you success in your candidacy.

Sincerely,

Lanctharus Onzo
Co-host & Writer of the Cap Stable Podcast
Military Director, Alea Iacta Est Universal

Executive Editor, CSM Watch || Writer, Co-host of the Cap Stable Podcast || Twitter: @Lanctharus

Sabriz Adoudel
#31 - 2014-12-02 04:59:04 UTC
Lanctharus Onzo wrote:
Well hello there!

My name is Lanctharus Onzo and I an one of the co-host and writers of the Cap Stable Podcast.

In early 2014 our podcast interviewed a great majority of the candidates for CSM9 and we will be doing the same for CSM10.

Here is our announcement: http://capstable.net/2014/12/01/council-of-stellar-management-x-call-for-candidate-interviews/

As we stated in the announcement, you can contact us to schedule your one on one interview via any of the following methods:

Or via our contact form

We look forward to speaking to you about your particular skill set and expertise in EVE Online and we hope you success in your candidacy.

Sincerely,

Lanctharus Onzo

I was sending you an EVEmail when you sent that. I definitely intend to schedule an interview with you, and will try to run an 'Ask Me Anything' session sometime too.

I do, however, need to buy a better mic before doing so, as any of the people that have had the misfortune of being fleeted with me lately can attest to.

Lanctharus Onzo
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#32 - 2014-12-02 05:08:30 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

I was sending you an EVEmail when you sent that. I definitely intend to schedule an interview with you, and will try to run an 'Ask Me Anything' session sometime too.

I do, however, need to buy a better mic before doing so, as any of the people that have had the misfortune of being fleeted with me lately can attest to.

May I recommend this: http://amzn.com/B002OO333Q

Executive Editor, CSM Watch || Writer, Co-host of the Cap Stable Podcast || Twitter: @Lanctharus

Sabriz Adoudel
#33 - 2014-12-02 05:12:51 UTC
Lanctharus Onzo wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

Always been a headset person rather than a separate mic person, because I've seen just how embarassing sounds from the rest of the world can be over comms.

Whether the mic is set off by someone's partner telling them 'Get off that game and get into bed', or someone's mother yelling 'Hurry up and do the dishes now', or a tornado siren, I've heard too many ridiculous noises transmitted to ever use anything but a headset.

CODE Agent AC
The Conference Elite
Safety.
#34 - 2014-12-02 05:26:18 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Lanctharus Onzo wrote:
Well hello there!

Or via our contact form

Sincerely,

Lanctharus Onzo

Woah woah woah! First, I think you need a campaign manager. (So I am assuming my take is 10%, this stuff has money involved right? Oh what am I saying clearly it does, it's politics!) But more importantly, we need to discuss the set up at the Green room for my newly found client. There need to be a jar. In said jar needs to be 184 Blue M&Ms. Next to the jar needs to be a scented candle (lit) two warm bottles of water, a cold milk (1%) three moist towelettes, a copy of Time from 6 quarters ago, and three Fedos. I am sure there are reasonable requests for such an event.

(Clearly the post is meant to fall into the genera of humor. I mean how else during his AMA section can I question him about the would you rather *Redacted* to *Direct Family Member's Name* or *Generic Horrible Things* involving *Tender Body Parts* with a potato peeler.)

I look forward to the date and hopefully can participate.

The Artist Formerly Known As AC. 

The terminal end of the digestive system. 

The Best CSM Candidate

Sabriz Adoudel
#35 - 2014-12-02 05:28:55 UTC
When I said 'AMA', that was not intended to include ANY of Mr. Canal's questions.

Tengu Grib
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#36 - 2014-12-02 21:38:27 UTC
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:
Lanctharus Onzo wrote:
Sabriz Adoudel wrote:

Always been a headset person rather than a separate mic person, because I've seen just how embarassing sounds from the rest of the world can be over comms.

Whether the mic is set off by someone's partner telling them 'Get off that game and get into bed', or someone's mother yelling 'Hurry up and do the dishes now', or a tornado siren, I've heard too many ridiculous noises transmitted to ever use anything but a headset.

Had one time when we missed target calls because a train was driving past someones house and they had their mic set to voice activation. No one on coms could hear anything except the train.

Rabble Rabble Rabble

Praise James, Supreme Protector of High Sec.

Sabriz Adoudel
#37 - 2014-12-04 00:00:18 UTC
I want to add one more thing I think I can bring to CSM.

I'm the sort of person that is always looking for loopholes through which you can scam people.

When Retribution was being discussed, I found two exploits that could be used to abuse the new bounty system. I reported both to GMs without using them, and as a result one was fixed immediately (the other CCP had already discovered and had included code that prevented it working).

With the forthcoming Rhea release, I've been speaking up about some of the potential issues with the corporation recruitment changes, and I've been one of the people responsible for getting the '6 invites per minute' restriction added. There are still loopholes in this system but they likely fit the limits of 'acceptable scam' not 'exploit' and so I'm seeking clarification on this now.

As a CSM member, I'd be in a better position to detect possible exploitable holes in new systems before they go live and clarify with CCP whether they are bugs, features or unintended but acceptable loopholes.

Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-12-04 04:13:42 UTC

Conflict drives EVE.

Most of EVE is concentrated in hisec.

Sabriz, I am confident you will carry this very important torch to CCP's doorstep.

Bye now <3

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Josef Djugashvilis
#39 - 2014-12-04 05:29:57 UTC
I appreciate that the whole James aged 13 and a bit, CODE thing is role playing, but to me it is just, well, weird.

I would not vote for you for the simple reason that by being a James acolyte, you lack the ability to see past his massive ego.

This is not a signature.

Sabriz Adoudel
#40 - 2014-12-04 05:54:18 UTC
Josef Djugashvilis wrote:
I appreciate that the whole James aged 13 and a bit, CODE thing is role playing, but to me it is just, well, weird.

I would not vote for you for the simple reason that by being a James acolyte, you lack the ability to see past his massive ego.

You're welcome to your opinion. We aren't roleplayers. Noone on CODE. teamspeak during freighter suppression operations talks 'in character' at all.

If you've got questions related to my vision of what highsec should be and how it should interact with the rest of the EVE universe - even hostile ones - feel free to ask them in this thread. My support for James 315 is limited to (generally) agreeing with his views on these questions - I don't know him IRL at all.