These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Phoebe Feedback

First post First post
Author
Lost Hamster
Hamster Holding Corp
#121 - 2014-11-04 21:15:29 UTC
Amber Solaire wrote:
How do you turn off the "bong" sound for every notification someone in your contact list
logs in or out?

It`s driving me nuts....

I just switched the whole thing OFF.
Currently there is no way to to setup what to notify what not. It's just annoying like hell. As usual... idea is good, actual implementation: Terrible. What?
Seven Koskanaiken
Shadow Legions.
#122 - 2014-11-04 21:19:30 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:
+1 for bigger text box on market sell window.
Also need the spyglass back to show market info.

the text box will be made bigger tomorrow

the buttons on the far right will give you market details (and as from tomorrow it will open in the background like in the old window)

Ah. So it does. Not very intuitive that it's a button though.
Ama Scelesta
#123 - 2014-11-04 21:24:08 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:

the buttons on the far right will give you market details (and as from tomorrow it will open in the background like in the old window)

Thank you. Currently it feels like I'm peeking at numbers through a keyhole. All those tasty large numbers. I know I shouldn't peek, but I can't help myself.

Oops You see how it can get weird quickly when you don't have boxes of sufficient size.

PS. Your forums are terrible. I tried to post this 11 times before it went through instead of giving me an error page.
Jackson Apollo
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#124 - 2014-11-04 21:24:26 UTC
CCP Punkturis: Any word on my bug? Not trying to be *that* annoying but I'm curious if y'all even have a guess as to whats broken? Let alone if there might be a fix in the morning.

Also I thought that the count that was showing was "my available orders minus total corp orders" but now I have noted that the same numbers show up for all directors (that I could ask at least). No mater how many actual free orders are available.

Hope that helps narrow it down.

gargars
Willco Inc.
#125 - 2014-11-04 21:33:52 UTC
Lost Hamster wrote:
Amber Solaire wrote:
How do you turn off the "bong" sound for every notification someone in your contact list
logs in or out?

It`s driving me nuts....

Currently there is no way to to setup what to notify what not. It's just annoying like hell. As usual... idea is good, actual implementation: Terrible. What?

Actually there are tons of options. Open your notifications - then click the settings icon that appears below. Can turn every type of notification or or off individually.
Amber Solaire
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#126 - 2014-11-04 21:44:00 UTC  |  Edited by: Amber Solaire
gargars wrote:
Lost Hamster wrote:
Amber Solaire wrote:
logs in or out?

It`s driving me nuts....

Actually there are tons of options. Open your notifications - then click the settings icon that appears below. Can turn every type of notification or or off individually.

Finally found it, its hidden a bit
gargars
Willco Inc.
#127 - 2014-11-04 21:47:14 UTC
Amber Solaire wrote:
gargars wrote:
Lost Hamster wrote:
Amber Solaire wrote:
logs in or out?

It`s driving me nuts....

Where do I find notification settings??

I don`t see any settings icon

Open your notifications. (Lower right corner of screen for me). When open look below the window. A 'cog' icon should appear at the lower left of the window. Click it....
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#128 - 2014-11-04 21:54:38 UTC
Jackson Apollo wrote:
CCP Punkturis: Any word on my bug? Not trying to be *that* annoying but I'm curious if y'all even have a guess as to whats broken? Let alone if there might be a fix in the morning.

Also I thought that the count that was showing was "my available orders minus total corp orders" but now I have noted that the same numbers show up for all directors (that I could ask at least). No mater how many actual free orders are available.

Hope that helps narrow it down.

sorry I forgot to let you know but I've fixed it. I was making silly calculations with corp orders (Oops). The fix should go out tomorrow and you should be able to sell more things for your corporation. Sorry for the inconvenience <3

♥ EVE Brogrammer ♥ Team Five 0 ♥ @CCP_Punkturis

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#129 - 2014-11-04 21:55:46 UTC
Medalyn Isis wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Seven Koskanaiken wrote:

+1 on the spyglass. Looking at it today I was thinking where the hell could you have hidden it away, until I realised to some degree of disbelief you'd actually removed it.

what do you mean? I didn't remove it. you now click the button to the far right of each item (the delta icon, arrow or = sign)

Damjan Fox
Fox Industries and Exploration
#130 - 2014-11-04 21:58:00 UTC
Quote:
The number of system jumps required to continue Expeditions has been lowered from 4 to 20 (min / max) down to 2 to 10 (min / max). (Note that the jumps listed in your Journal may exceed 10 but this is due to your Autopilot route settings)

I don't know, if something went wrong with the formula, but the average jumps between escalations have increased for me (yes, i have checked my autopilot settings).

I'm running a lot of highsec combat sites (DEDs and Unrateds) and for the most part, before Phoebe, the Escalations i got, started around 4-5 Jumps from the system they originated and every next part of the escalation would be 4 jumps away.

Now, Escalation spawns and jumps between Escalation parts are between 6-9 jumps.

Before Phoebe, the distances you had cross for a single Escalation were somewhat acceptable, but now... i won't bother running these anymore, if this stays that way. It's not worth the time. 95% of stupid jumping across the map like a braindead idiot for 5% of combat is no fun. I don't want to watch my ship jump gate to gate for 30 minutes to run a combat in 5 minutes, where i might get some loot, if i get lucky.

Quote:
Expeditions now search all nearby available systems rather than forcing you into a lower security system.

What do you mean by that? Search all nearby systems for what? The first Escalation i got today did send me through lowsec for the next part (shortest route 6 jumps, safest route 14 jumps), the final part of the Escalaiotn was in lowsec. So i don't even know, what this patchnote is referring to.

Gerneral Feedback on final part of Escalation being in lower sec:
Why would you force players to go to lower sec to finish the Escalation? Yes, i'm aware of risk vs. reward and all that. But there are combat sites in high/low/null and if players deliberately choose to minimize risk AND reward by running sites in highsec, why force them into lowsec at the end?
Jackson Apollo
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#131 - 2014-11-04 22:00:18 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:

sorry I forgot to let you know but I've fixed it. I was making silly calculations with corp orders (Oops). The fix should go out tomorrow and you should be able to sell more things for your corporation. Sorry for the inconvenience <3

Thank you!

*drys his tears*

Vic Vorlon
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#132 - 2014-11-04 22:06:51 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Floyd Farnsworth wrote:
I tried out the multisell feature, but I can't sell more than 5 items to buy orders? The dropdown is set to "immediate", but it's still not letting me sell more than 5 items at a time.

yeah it's limited to your skills since it's still an order you're making. we might look into making this better some time in the future

I currently have zero orders available (I'm a station trader, busy guy, lots going on!) and I can't sell anything at all, not even immediate sales to buy orders. I like the new screen, but it has changed the rules. Pre-Phoebe, I was able to sell directly to buy orders, even if all my order "slots" were full. Post-Phoebe, I need to keep order slots open in order to make a direct sale to someone' s buy order.

That's...annoying. Just so you know.
Vic Vorlon
Malevelon Roe Industries
Convocation of Empyreans
#133 - 2014-11-04 22:10:12 UTC
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Hiasa Kite wrote:
Sell interface needs the [check market details] button back. When selling, particularly multiple items, I like to double check what the market's doing before selling.

Can we please have the buttons for each item, pwease?

click the icon to the far right Big smile (arrows or = icon)

This is another example of hidden functionality...buttons that don't intuitively look like buttons. Please consider putting an actual button there; don't make your user guess what is, or isn't, a clickable object.

Sorry, hidden functionality is a pet peeve of mine, and it makes your interfaces less easy to use.
CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#134 - 2014-11-04 22:19:59 UTC
Vic Vorlon wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Hiasa Kite wrote:
Sell interface needs the [check market details] button back. When selling, particularly multiple items, I like to double check what the market's doing before selling.

Can we please have the buttons for each item, pwease?

click the icon to the far right Big smile (arrows or = icon)

This is another example of hidden functionality...buttons that don't intuitively look like buttons. Please consider putting an actual button there; don't make your user guess what is, or isn't, a clickable object.

Sorry, hidden functionality is a pet peeve of mine, and it makes your interfaces less easy to use.

the only thing making it not look exactly like a button is the % number, and that was added after player feedback. I think the icon, with the button hover effects looks like a button (because we have the same type of button with various icons in other places in the game)

CCP Punkturis
C C P
C C P Alliance
#135 - 2014-11-04 22:20:55 UTC
Vic Vorlon wrote:
CCP Punkturis wrote:
Floyd Farnsworth wrote:
I tried out the multisell feature, but I can't sell more than 5 items to buy orders? The dropdown is set to "immediate", but it's still not letting me sell more than 5 items at a time.

yeah it's limited to your skills since it's still an order you're making. we might look into making this better some time in the future

I currently have zero orders available (I'm a station trader, busy guy, lots going on!) and I can't sell anything at all, not even immediate sales to buy orders. I like the new screen, but it has changed the rules. Pre-Phoebe, I was able to sell directly to buy orders, even if all my order "slots" were full. Post-Phoebe, I need to keep order slots open in order to make a direct sale to someone' s buy order.

That's...annoying. Just so you know.

I'll look into that, thank you

Tipa Riot
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#136 - 2014-11-04 22:46:06 UTC
All in all well done, very neat changes, BM in space, Ctrl+B, the compass (I like it), etc. .... only one thing I'm not happy with so far is the bomber's reduced warp speed, it annoys and the change does not make sense to me.

I'm my own NPC alt.

Blanche Chevalier
Perkone
Caldari State
#137 - 2014-11-04 23:09:06 UTC
Am I the only one who feels like Relic Sites in High-sec got way overnerfed? 100k ISK profit per one feels heavily unrewarding compared to afk-mining. I guess young explorer are not having their happiest time in Phoebe.
Momma Yeti
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#138 - 2014-11-04 23:10:59 UTC
So its interesting watching the CB forums, multiple posts with people selling not just one, but multiple capital pilots in some cases in 1 thread posted today.

Example:
https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=383551&find=unread
Dwissi
Miners Delight Reborn
#139 - 2014-11-04 23:39:01 UTC
Lost Hamster wrote:
Amber Solaire wrote:
logs in or out?

It`s driving me nuts....

There was a long period where we players where allowed to opt-in to beta-test that feature. If you didnt felt like it was important its kind of late to complain now.

Proud designer of glasses for geeky dovakins

Before someone complains again: grr everyone

Greed is the death of loyalty

Samuel L Maximus
MissoCorp
#140 - 2014-11-05 00:00:21 UTC  |  Edited by: Samuel L Maximus
Oops