These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Polarized weaponry (affectionately known as glass cannons)

First post First post First post
Author
Arronicus
State War Academy
Caldari State
#181 - 2014-10-23 02:43:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Arronicus
These are excellent suicide ganking weapons, and potentially worthwhile additions to ships that gain the majority of their EHP through pure armor/shield hp.

In terms of seeing any usage whatsoever in pvp on tech 2 ships, which would be giving up a significant portion of their value (their tech 2 resists), the stat punishment is far harsher than the bonus provided.

As for the name, 'Blighted' makes me think of the Necromongers or whatever they were, from Riddick. Who knows, maybe this is a step in taking back the word. I don't think it really fits though, given that it sounds too organic, when none of the Eve ship races or designers really work around organic designs and technology.
Maraner
The Executioners
#182 - 2014-10-23 02:46:32 UTC
wait how about

The paradox gun. get it....... okay its a stupid idea then (both of them).

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#183 - 2014-10-23 03:05:43 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
These are excellent suicide ganking weapons...

Haha. Oh wait, you were actually serious... Yes, let's take those $2-million Catalysts into the $100+ million price range.
Roll

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Zan Shiro
Doomheim
#184 - 2014-10-23 03:40:37 UTC
are they (or have they) looked at all possibilities in the mathematical aspects of this weapon giving 0 resists I wonder? We can argue name, uselessness and gank potential till cows come home.

I'd ask the sisi people but if they find a math bug....going to say they will keep it a secret lol. Takes about a week or more to get exploit status so they'd want that week of fun till then post release.

Historically they have had an issue with both ceilings and floors on variables in the game calculations. Like what happened in a wh that boosts e-war to to the point it can zero out (or make negative iirc) tracking. Which broke the gun range calc that had blaster moros firing from waaaaaay the hell out.

Think there was another wh effect math bug that had 100% resist transports magically become tankless (died real easy iirc to even low damage).

I'd be thinking these in incursions with the resist hit off the bat stacked with the glass cannons need good testing. And well....thorough wh testing since wh effects have been lots of fun tor them.
Maraner
The Executioners
#185 - 2014-10-23 03:46:46 UTC
How about using Vapid in front of all of them

Vapid Blaster
Vapid authocannon

etc etc
Maraner
The Executioners
#186 - 2014-10-23 03:50:22 UTC  |  Edited by: Maraner
Wait wait I've got it!

“The Lord gave and the Lord has taken away; blessed be the name of the Lord” (Job 1:21). -(should be read to yourself in the obligatory Samuel L Jackson voice).

The Lord gun. Or we could spell it Lorde to be hip.
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#187 - 2014-10-23 04:14:48 UTC
How about Judas.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Rena Monachica
Capital Hot Rods
#188 - 2014-10-23 04:27:27 UTC
Ample
Enduring
Blighted

I don´t like this new naming scheme. Call it Boomgun or something
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#189 - 2014-10-23 05:36:44 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
The lack of attention to detail by the namer of these weapons is very disappointing, I am sure many put significant effort within ccp in the technical and art teams. This makes all that effort worthless.

Using a word that has only one connotation outside of fantasy games in a science fiction game is simply unbelieveable!

Blight, blighted, and blighting, are terms that are STRICTLY organic! And have NO OTHER possible Meaning or useage case.

The word is chosen and used in English to specifically highlight that fact. It clarifies and confirms that the process is an organic one.

You literally may as well have named these weapons after seafood for all the care taken in your use of semantics.

In short the effort shown, indicates either a complete ignorance of the English language, rank stupidity, lack of interest, or a complete contempt of the game you manage.

Pick any one.

Hence the strong reaction.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#190 - 2014-10-23 06:08:01 UTC
Ya'll need to stop getting mad at videogames.

Complaining about the name is silly. This isn't a game where the backstory and overall plot is taken very seriously by most people. They could call these guns pony-express-killers for all I care, if they're worth using they will be used. Imagine the pure shame at being killed by one.
epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#191 - 2014-10-23 06:12:57 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

Complaining about the name is silly. This isn't a game where the backstory and overall plot is taken very seriously by most people. They could call these guns pony-express-killers for all I care, if they're worth using they will be used. Imagine the pure shame at being killed by one.

What is annoying is the fact that the players need to tell CCP that they are saying their new weapon has a fungal infection.
Hardly conducive to immersion is it?

"You have just received 1400 damage from a gun blighted with athlete's foot and tropical groin rot."

Oh yes, I would be ashamed ShockedBig smile

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Alvatore DiMarco
Capricious Endeavours Ltd
#192 - 2014-10-23 07:18:46 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

This post confirms that there will always be a place in the market for substandard, poor-quality products and a supply of people more than willing to eagerly consume them.
Janeway84
Insane's Asylum
#193 - 2014-10-23 09:27:38 UTC
I got a idea for naming the new weapons, what about tuned, overcharged, ancient, radiated, super charged, nanoed, OD, scripted, enhanced, micropasted, nanite enhanced, bionuclear, fozzifyed, cyberpowered, cybernanite, cyberconstruct, nanite alloy, mercoxit infused?

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#194 - 2014-10-23 09:50:39 UTC
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

This post confirms that there will always be a place in the market for substandard, poor-quality products and a supply of people more than willing to eagerly consume them.

If a mere name is enough to cause you to indulge in sensationalist drama be my guest but I have better things to do with my limited spare time :3
Syrias Bizniz
some random local shitlords
#195 - 2014-10-23 10:05:13 UTC
Question: Are they removing Shield and Armorresistances, or do they remove all resistances?
chadwill
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#196 - 2014-10-23 10:38:11 UTC
So is there any real stats on this yet?
Marcia en Welle
Doomheim
#197 - 2014-10-23 10:45:13 UTC
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

If a mere name is enough to cause you to indulge in sensationalist drama be my guest but I have better things to do with my limited spare time :3

A lot of people are interested in the backstory and plot. And people generally like a game to be immersive where you feel that the devs have paid attention to the detail throughout. As Alvatore puts it though, there will always be a demand from people like yourself who are happy for substandard and poor quality products, and there are already plenty of other things out there for you.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#198 - 2014-10-23 11:36:05 UTC
We REALLY need 900 dps Catalysts...
War Kitten
Panda McLegion
#199 - 2014-10-23 11:42:23 UTC
Arronicus wrote:
These are excellent suicide ganking weapons, and potentially worthwhile additions to ships that gain the majority of their EHP through pure armor/shield hp.

These are excellent suicide ganking weapons in the same sense that republic fleet gyrostabs and fed navy mag stabs are great suicide ganking modules.

I don't judge people by their race, religion, color, size, age, gender, or ethnicity. I judge them by their grammar, spelling, syntax, punctuation, clarity of expression, and logical consistency.

Caleb Seremshur
Commando Guri
Guristas Pirates
#200 - 2014-10-23 11:54:27 UTC
Marcia en Welle wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:
Alvatore DiMarco wrote:
Caleb Seremshur wrote:

A lot of people are interested in the backstory and plot. And people generally like a game to be immersive where you feel that the devs have paid attention to the detail throughout. As Alvatore puts it though, there will always be a demand from people like yourself who are happy for substandard and poor quality products, and there are already plenty of other things out there for you.

snrrrrrkkk hahahaha

and i bet you think that counterstrike is a failure in design as well huh? Wow you need to get off your meds mate. CCP CLOSED its 'fiction' department once before, it can happen again.