These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

pyfa 1.15.0 (Vanguard)

First post First post First post
Author
Jeedmo Dorn
Corioli X
#661 - 2014-10-04 20:32:43 UTC
Thank you for a fantastic tool. Love the UI!

I am probably missing something - but I can't seem to delete/remove items from the "Cargo" tab. One work around I found is to drag/swap into an "active" slot and than remove it. But it's a bit cumbersome.

Thanks for your help.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#662 - 2014-10-04 20:41:41 UTC
Jeedmo Dorn wrote:
Thank you for a fantastic tool. Love the UI!

I am probably missing something - but I can't seem to delete/remove items from the "Cargo" tab. One work around I found is to drag/swap into an "active" slot and than remove it. But it's a bit cumbersome.

Thanks for your help.

Double click. It's the same as drones. There should probably be a context menu item >_>
Alexis Antollare
Phoenix Freight
#663 - 2014-10-06 00:57:11 UTC
I'm having issues getting the download. Been an issue with some sort of security problem with github. My browser keeps giving me an error about the site security and won't let me through.

Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#664 - 2014-10-06 23:56:04 UTC
Alexis Antollare wrote:
I'm having issues getting the download. Been an issue with some sort of security problem with github. My browser keeps giving me an error about the site security and won't let me through.

https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/releases/download/v1.5.1/pyfa-1.5.1-oceanus-1.0-win.exe

If that doesn't work, let me know. I'll put them on eve files for now. But I would try to get that github thing fixed - the cert passes for me with no security warning
Yracka Nostijo
The funeral parl0r.
The morgue.
#665 - 2014-10-07 00:41:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Yracka Nostijo
Love the program glad you spent the time!
Alexis Antollare
Phoenix Freight
#666 - 2014-10-07 02:22:53 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Alexis Antollare wrote:

https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/releases/download/v1.5.1/pyfa-1.5.1-oceanus-1.0-win.exe

If that doesn't work, let me know. I'll put them on eve files for now. But I would try to get that github thing fixed - the cert passes for me with no security warning

I'm not sure how to make Gethub work, so any suggestions you can give me would be great.

Also... the windows file won't work. I'm on Mac OS. My apologies for not mentioning it sooner..... totally forgot
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#667 - 2014-10-07 02:31:38 UTC
Alexis Antollare wrote:
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Alexis Antollare wrote:

I'm not sure how to make Gethub work, so any suggestions you can give me would be great.

Also... the windows file won't work. I'm on Mac OS. My apologies for not mentioning it sooner..... totally forgot

Well, I can't tell you what's going on with GitHub. It sounds like it's a security certificate problem which could be on their end or your end. Dunno what to do about it really... try a different browser, or otherwise google the issue.

https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/releases/download/v1.5.1/pyfa-1.5.1-oceanus-1.0-mac.zip
Alexis Antollare
Phoenix Freight
#668 - 2014-10-07 18:18:10 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Alexis Antollare wrote:
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Alexis Antollare wrote:

Well, I can't tell you what's going on with GitHub. It sounds like it's a security certificate problem which could be on their end or your end. Dunno what to do about it really... try a different browser, or otherwise google the issue.

https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/releases/download/v1.5.1/pyfa-1.5.1-oceanus-1.0-mac.zip

Thanks. Got the file with Firefox. Not sure why Chrome didn't like it.
Annika Keikira
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#669 - 2014-10-09 22:23:06 UTC
Is there a way to make the tool not lag so horribly when quickly replacing modules?
Other than that I find this tool very useful, thanks for developing it.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#670 - 2014-10-10 01:00:15 UTC
Annika Keikira wrote:
Is there a way to make the tool not lag so horribly when quickly replacing modules?

Are you on OS X by chance? I've noticed a log of lag on OS X but always chaulked it up to being on a VM. Also, see if HTML exports is enabled in preferences - it may cause performance issues.
Fandy Fendy
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#671 - 2014-10-10 08:02:45 UTC
Where i can save proxy-server login and password? Pyfa can not get characters info by api key only known proxy-server and port. Sorry for my English :)
Lele Ita Maulerant
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#672 - 2014-10-10 11:30:22 UTC
How to install pyfa into Ubuntu and Mint

sudo apt-get install python-dateutil python-sqlalchemy python-wxglade

after go to here

and download

pyfa........LINUX.zip

and fun

bye
Leel
Annika Keikira
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#673 - 2014-10-10 12:59:06 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
Annika Keikira wrote:

Are you on OS X by chance? I've noticed a log of lag on OS X but always chaulked it up to being on a VM. Also, see if HTML exports is enabled in preferences - it may cause performance issues.

I'm on Windows 8 at the moment. HTML exports are disabled in preferences.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#674 - 2014-10-10 15:54:28 UTC
Fandy Fendy wrote:
Where i can save proxy-server login and password? Pyfa can not get characters info by api key only known proxy-server and port. Sorry for my English :)

Proxy passwords are not supported as this time. https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/issues/26

I was going to include it in the network overhaul but couldn't get password functionality working correctly on my Linux box.

Annika Keikira wrote:
I'm on Windows 8 at the moment. HTML exports are disabled in preferences.

I'm not sure then. On Win 7 I can add / remove modules as quickly as I can click on them. What specifically are the steps you are taking?
Skrunkle
Wraithguard.
#675 - 2014-10-12 17:53:11 UTC
FEATURE REQUEST

Greetings developers. I use PYFA daily and I must say that it is an outstanding piece of software. Thank you very much for putting your precious time into this endeavor.

I have been spending much time lately theory-crafting burner fits and fleets. And I began to realize that there is a bit of a need for better fit management. I would like to see a third tab on the left panel. This tab would be like a file cabinet for current fits.the window assigned to this tab would allow the end user to create a hierarchical tree of ship fits based on whatever the end user want to organize them under.

So for instance I could create a folder called PVE with a sub called burner fits. with subs for each type of Burner mission each containing fits designated for that particular missions.

Or for instance I could create a folder called PVP and then organize the contents by range or defense layer or any other attribute that I see fit.

Ideally this would allow me to place one fit into more than one folder as some fits will qualify organizationally for many categories but there is no need to duplicate the fit multiple times in the normal fit catalog as the fits in this hierarchical structure should probably just be pointers back into the main fit catalog.

Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#676 - 2014-10-12 21:32:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Sable Blitzmann
Skrunkle wrote:
FEATURE REQUEST

Greetings developers. I use PYFA daily and I must say that it is an outstanding piece of software. Thank you very much for putting your precious time into this endeavor.

I have been spending much time lately theory-crafting burner fits and fleets. And I began to realize that there is a bit of a need for better fit management. I would like to see a third tab on the left panel. This tab would be like a file cabinet for current fits.the window assigned to this tab would allow the end user to create a hierarchical tree of ship fits based on whatever the end user want to organize them under.

So for instance I could create a folder called PVE with a sub called burner fits. with subs for each type of Burner mission each containing fits designated for that particular missions.

Or for instance I could create a folder called PVP and then organize the contents by range or defense layer or any other attribute that I see fit.

Ideally this would allow me to place one fit into more than one folder as some fits will qualify organizationally for many categories but there is no need to duplicate the fit multiple times in the normal fit catalog as the fits in this hierarchical structure should probably just be pointers back into the main fit catalog.

So, you basically want tags? Tag a fit "pve" and "burner"?

It's been discussed before, and I even got around to implementing a basic feature with it on a dev branch, but then got stuck on something. Haven't touched that feature in months, not sure when I can devote time to it tbh. It differs a bit from your proposal: with tags, there would be no hierarchy, just a simple Tag > Fits.

In the meantime, you can name your fits with keywords like BURNER for burner mission fits, then use the search feature to collect them all.
Skrunkle
Wraithguard.
#677 - 2014-10-13 02:10:59 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:

So, you basically want tags? Tag a fit "pve" and "burner"?

It's been discussed before, and I even got around to implementing a basic feature with it on a dev branch, but then got stuck on something. Haven't touched that feature in months, not sure when I can devote time to it tbh. It differs a bit from your proposal: with tags, there would be no hierarchy, just a simple Tag > Fits.

In the meantime, you can name your fits with keywords like BURNER for burner mission fits, then use the search feature to collect them all.

Hmm tags... yeah I could see that fulfilling the purpose. I was actually thinking more along the lines of emulating a filesystem's hierarchy, but yeah I can see tags working to the same purpose.
Kane Fenris
NWP
#678 - 2014-10-13 08:21:11 UTC
hi, ive trouble with pyfa it wont start (1.5.1 !)
tried zip and .exe installer and other stuff (deactivateing anti virus softawere etc.)
eft works just fine but i like pyfa way better any things i can try to fix this?

ps.: running win 7
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#679 - 2014-10-14 05:15:00 UTC
Kane Fenris wrote:
hi, ive trouble with pyfa it wont start (1.5.1 !)
tried zip and .exe installer and other stuff (deactivateing anti virus softawere etc.)
eft works just fine but i like pyfa way better any things i can try to fix this?

ps.: running win 7

Similar sounding issue here: https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/issues/185

Please read and let me know if any of the advise works for you.
Kane Fenris
NWP
#680 - 2014-10-14 19:33:02 UTC
Thanks it worked.