These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound

First post First post First post
Author
Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#5701 - 2014-10-03 16:40:04 UTC
Jessica Duranin wrote:
Yuri Thorpe wrote:

How dank does one have to be to join goons anyway? :D I might be looking for a new corp

One doesn't. google goon recruitment scam ;-)

One actually can. There are other corporations in GSF besides Goonwaffe that openly recruit.
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#5702 - 2014-10-03 16:41:51 UTC

Summer Isle wrote:

Make it so you can only change stations if your clone is currently an Alpha clone, but you can only upgrade your clone if you're currently in the station with it. A new character, still in their Alpha clone, could jump into nulsec without difficulty (or anywhere, for that matter), but an older character will either have to sacrifice some SP, or will have to hoof it the long way.

CCP Greyscale wrote:
Interesting idea.

How about: Anyone can install a med clone wherever, but if it is at a station different than where you are, you pay for it as you would a brand new med clone. For new players, that's free. As you become older, it gets more expensive, as you need to pay for the med clone move, and then the replacement clone when you suicide jump.

Also, to get out of the "trapped in the enemies station' case, make it free to install a med clone in your high sec station of origin.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#5703 - 2014-10-03 16:41:54 UTC
Please refrain from discussing forum moderation. If you are perceiving a problem with ISD behaviour on the forum or are disagreeing with the way (your) posts are being moderated, please feel free to read the CCP policies and follow the procedure found under the header 'Complaints'.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

Aggro Bot
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#5704 - 2014-10-03 16:42:04 UTC
This is literally reinvention of the wheel. unfortunate how it seems to take away more than it adds.
Gospadin
Bastard Children of Poinen
#5705 - 2014-10-03 16:44:18 UTC
Jean Luc Lemmont wrote:
Moisturised Esophagus wrote:
90% of the people posting in favour of these changes are noob alts and hi/low sec dwellers.

Food for thought.

That doesn't necessarily mean we're wrong, nor does it imply we don't know what we're talking about. And having a 10 year old character in no way implies that the player behind it has actually played the game for ten years.

I post on this char because I know it pisses people off to see NPC corp alts on forums.

I could post on my main, but what'd be the fun in that?
Lord Road
People's Democratic Republic of Gatecamping
Muh Zkill...
#5706 - 2014-10-03 16:44:54 UTC
Speedkermit Damo wrote:

People are just not logging in any more. Mostly because of what you and the rest of the Blue donut have turned nullsec into.

Proviblock speaking about blue donut and non-combat? Sorry for off-topic but I had to:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHHAHAHAHAAAAAAA

HAHAHHAHA

HAHAHAHA *cough

ok, I'm done now.
Brittney Calm
Escape from Darkness
#5707 - 2014-10-03 16:45:13 UTC
Bezdar22 wrote:
playing eve for abt 5 years now... i think its a good time to look for something else .. may be take out that cute girl next door is a good idea..
good bye EVE

8+ years on all my accounts.

1. Moving all assets off those accounts - Check
2. Selling off all capitals before they are worth nothing - Check
3. Sold Capital BPO's - Check
4. chance of un subbing all my accounts after patch 100%

Good job CCP, took 8 years, I guess if we managed to get super capital pilots and ships we have won eve, nothing more to achieve..

btw A+ on the cloaking affect I am sure you spent lots of dev dollars doing that, bravo.

-BC
Gavin Shrike
CQBElite
#5708 - 2014-10-03 16:46:25 UTC
The Null sec corp My main belongs to has already lost 3 players accounting for 15 separate accounts because of this change. Last change in jump drive price raise was enough to put people on the fence, and for the 3 in my corp that were heavy miners/industrialists that transport freighter loads several times a week, they said they're done with Eve.. Can't imagine this is going to help anything other than open up more Null space because of the exodus either out of Null or out of game..
Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5709 - 2014-10-03 16:46:27 UTC  |  Edited by: Kassasis Dakkstromri
smokeydapot wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
OK, I've read every post up to page 200, and we're getting to a point in this thread where there's not a lot of new concerns or suggestions being brought up. There will be future threads (and future blogs) as we tune details, but for now I want to thank you for all of your constructive input, and wish you a good weekend :)

yeah thanks for not listening like I knew you would.
You start a **** storm then don’t want to ride it out to the end, You should be made to sit and read EVERY post in this thread then you might get some insight into what you are proposing.

[...]

Still siege green I brought enough strontium for days playing catch up is a *****

Yar! Captain Neckbeard is off to save yer game mates! Pirate *(He ditched us @ page 275)

[self sensored rant about reindeer nawing on somones ballz after advise from a fellow player - BUT I still as sure the hell meant it!!!]

CCP you are bad at EVE... Stop potential silliness ~ Solo Wulf

Harry Juana
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#5710 - 2014-10-03 16:49:25 UTC
That must have been a helluva party where you guys came up with these crazy plans, i wonder what you were smoking and drinking :D
Did you run simulation/models about how this will effect the game? Or is this just another shot in the dark to patch things up by breaking more things without ever working on the real problem?
If it does not work bash it with the nerf hammer, if it still does not work bash it harder.
Dwissi
Miners Delight Reborn
#5711 - 2014-10-03 16:52:46 UTC
Gavin Shrike wrote:
The Null sec corp My main belongs to has already lost 3 players accounting for 15 separate accounts because of this change. Last change in jump drive price raise was enough to put people on the fence, and for the 3 in my corp that were heavy miners/industrialists that transport freighter loads several times a week, they said they're done with Eve.. Can't imagine this is going to help anything other than open up more Null space because of the exodus either out of Null or out of game..

Wait - you seriously say that 3 players with 5 accounts each did all your industry and logistics? And you dont see the wrong in that?

Proud designer of glasses for geeky dovakins

Before someone complains again: grr everyone

Greed is the death of loyalty

Speedkermit Damo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5712 - 2014-10-03 16:52:53 UTC
Kismeteer wrote:
Yuri Thorpe wrote:
How dank does one have to be to join goons anyway? :D I might be looking for a new corp

Contact me for a recruiting opportunity. Might be your only choice once we close up null sec to small groups.

Err, I think you already did that, hence these nerfs.

Protect me from knowing what I don't need to know. Protect me from even knowing that there are things to know that I don't know. Protect me from knowing that I decided not to know about the things that I decided not to know about. Amen.

Kassasis Dakkstromri
State War Academy
Caldari State
#5713 - 2014-10-03 16:52:58 UTC
Serendipity Lost wrote:
Kassasis Dakkstromri wrote:
voetius wrote:
You know some words and phrases from CCP Greyscales devblog really eat at me:

"...we would anticipate..."

"This seems likely to ..."

"... ,we see the potential for..."

"... it seems plausible that..."

"... , but we don't want to make any firm predictions in this area."

Is it just me, or does this type of language really bother anyone else regarding such an important change?

I think he is being realistic. In a complex system such as EVE or other virtual world, any non-trivial change is going to have unforeseen consequences. The best you can do once you have determined what you think is the right approach to a change is to eliminate obvious loopholes and consider edge cases - the community feedback in threads like is and CSM feednback to a working group are ways to serve that purpose.

Other people than you have said that CCP needs to come up with a "better" plan or test things or simulate them : unfortunately there is only so much you can do along those lines because when the players get involved with changes like this "emergent" effects will come out.

Okay - but with no economist on staff anymore, is there 'anyone' reputable and can actually speak with authority that something like this isn't going to throw the virtual economy into a recession/depression??

I don't trust that CCP isn't simply HOPING that their space magiks developement alchemy... suddenly Caps can gate jump nao! solution, and the warbling comments I quoted ... well they don't leave one with a lot of confidence on how scientific this theory crafting process was.

I miss the old Devs Cry

I'll speak with authority for you. Ahem.... (phew I'm a little nervous doing this...) OK, um... here goes....

I'm not quitting because someone pee'd down the blue donut hole. I didn't quit on warp to zero. I didn't quit on the speed nerf. I didn't quit when they introduced cyno jammers. I didn't quit when they ruined wh w/ the mass range garbage.

It's a good game. It's a sandbox. Null sux so folks are playing somewhere else. CCP's taking a wrecking ball to the null status quo. At the end of the day we'll all still be able to make our own fun somewhere in eve. If null collapses and everyone playing out there quits... guess what.... someone else will move out there and start over. You power block guys need to get over yourselves. They could ban you all and the net effect would be to provide a clean starting point for a lot of other players.

Let me give you a parllel: Football (either kind - you choose or put in tennis or whatever... it really doesn't matter)

We wake up tomorrow and football is gone. Just gone. No stadiums, no leagues.... nothing. The owners would be devastated. The major players would have no jobs. The fans would feel betrayed, adrift, whatever.

We wake up the day after tomorrow. That's the moral of the story. We wake up. It's not over. The world doesn't end. We just keep going w/out football. A lot of folks really care about and love football, but we can all live without it.

It's the same w/ null power blocks. At the end of the day we don't need them to play eve. If they all instantly vanish there is still a good (many would argue better) game left behind.

I applaud your attempt; erm but I was talking about someone at CCP that can speak about economics and potential theory craftings impact on ingame.

I have clearly come out and said that Null needs fixing - but holy **** use a damn scalple and be a surgeon not a butcher! Be the CCP Stewards your supposed to be, not the Yar! Captain Neckbeard will save yer game!

THat's what I was getting at -- I might have been able to swallow most of this but the universal range nerf and the ridiculous jump fatigue was too much - and don't get me started on gate jumping capitals.

If you want EVE Online 2 more power to ya... but not me, I lived through SWG/NGE/NGE2 etc.... I ain't doin' that again EVER!

CCP you are bad at EVE... Stop potential silliness ~ Solo Wulf

Lord TGR
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#5714 - 2014-10-03 16:53:33 UTC
Johnny ReeRee wrote:
Many tears from null-bears like PL, GS, and NC: high quality of proposed changes is confirmed!

I'm sure there will minor tweaks along the way, but the outlines of this change are fantastic. Exactly what needs to happen.

Do point out where these "tears" are. Seems to me we're mostly in agreement that it'll be an interesting change, and that the JF change'll probably make it even easier for us to starve out a fortified foe from most NPC space.
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#5715 - 2014-10-03 16:54:25 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:

Summer Isle wrote:

Make it so you can only change stations if your clone is currently an Alpha clone, but you can only upgrade your clone if you're currently in the station with it. A new character, still in their Alpha clone, could jump into nulsec without difficulty (or anywhere, for that matter), but an older character will either have to sacrifice some SP, or will have to hoof it the long way.

CCP Greyscale wrote:
Interesting idea.

How about: Anyone can install a med clone wherever, but if it is at a station different than where you are, you pay for it as you would a brand new med clone. For new players, that's free. As you become older, it gets more expensive, as you need to pay for the med clone move, and then the replacement clone when you suicide jump.

Also, to get out of the "trapped in the enemies station' case, make it free to install a med clone in your high sec station of origin.

Makes jump clones pointless, and does not stop the whole death clone jumping, as ISk means little regarding instant teleportation.

Yaay!!!!

Miriya Zakalwe
World Wide Welp
#5716 - 2014-10-03 16:54:43 UTC
This thread is the best April Fools joke ever! WILD APPLAUSE 10/10!
smokeydapot
Moon Of The Pheonix
#5717 - 2014-10-03 16:55:24 UTC
smokeydapot wrote:
CCP Greyscale wrote:
OK, I've read every post up to page 200, and we're getting to a point in this thread where there's not a lot of new concerns or suggestions being brought up. There will be future threads (and future blogs) as we tune details, but for now I want to thank you for all of your constructive input, and wish you a good weekend :)

yeah thanks for not listening like I knew you would.
You start a **** storm then don’t want to ride it out to the end, You should be made to sit and read EVERY post in this thread then you might get some insight into what you are proposing.

[...]

Still siege green I brought enough strontium for days playing catch up is a *****

Yar! Captain Neckbeard is off to save yer game mates! Pirate *(He ditched us @ page 275)

What a ****** CCP troll to start this post all of what 5 or 6 replies on a 280+ page thread, and claim there's no need to listen any further...

@#$@ you ... you weren't listening in the first place Greyscale!

I hope reindeer naws on your balls while your passed out drunk on a deck chair, and have to take a medical absence you ****!

I'm aware but the strontium is still plentiful and the siege must continue even if ISD are removing some of my posts.

On a side note ( more on topic ) smart bombing battle rorq will be so cool.

Projecting force with industrial ships will be the new thing EvilEvilEvil
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#5718 - 2014-10-03 16:55:59 UTC
Gavin Shrike wrote:

I am sure that once the expansion comes out and everyone is having actual fun again in 0.0 they will return.

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Veers Belvar
Swordmasters of New Eden
#5719 - 2014-10-03 16:56:05 UTC
Lord TGR wrote:
Johnny ReeRee wrote:
Many tears from null-bears like PL, GS, and NC: high quality of proposed changes is confirmed!

I'm sure there will minor tweaks along the way, but the outlines of this change are fantastic. Exactly what needs to happen.

Do point out where these "tears" are. Seems to me we're mostly in agreement that it'll be an interesting change, and that the JF change'll probably make it even easier for us to starve out a fortified foe from most NPC space.

Did you miss all the posts about how it will destroy the T2 market and lead to a universe wide moon goo economic crisis?
Eigenvalue
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#5720 - 2014-10-03 16:58:00 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:

Ah, so CCP gave the player base at large two entire days to think & feedback, so at least we're getting better treatment than the CSM.