These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound

First post First post First post
Author
Xuixien
Solar Winds Security Solutions
#4221 - 2014-10-02 21:05:33 UTC
The tears in this thread are glorious.

Epic Space Cat, Horsegirl, Philanthropist

Roman Lynch
Okkamon Pride
#4222 - 2014-10-02 21:06:08 UTC
All I have heard about so far is how nobody will be able to use there supers or caps any more.

NOBODY IS SAYING THAT AT ALL! You can still use your stuff, but if you want to jump around, you are going to have to wait! Else.... USE A GATE!

Logistics guys are all like "I can't use my JF now" YES YOU CAN, YOU ARE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT! OR USE THE GATE!

You can now have your cap fleet protect your freighters with you.... USING GATES!

You can still build things in null sec without going to jita to buy things. YOU HAVE TO MINE IT (granted, CCP will need to do a bit more tweeking on the low ends in null sec to make it effective)

You can now fire DD's in lowsec!!!!!!!!
You can still own space! you just have to be more careful with it.
The SMART ones will be deploying to the area they want to take given these changes NOW and not waiting.
The SMART people are figuring out logistics NOW and not waiting.
The SMART guys are buying and moving things from jita to systems closer to null sec NOW as they know the market hubs are all about to change.
The SMART ones are already talking to other corps to form smaller alliances and figuring out what space they are going to take with their new alliance NOW and setting up for it.

Be one of the SMART ones!!!!

(Also, convo me in game if you want to start a small alliance and take some space!)
Kalissis
#4223 - 2014-10-02 21:07:08 UTC
Eigenvalue wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Demonfist wrote:
Everyone in the game: Please fix game nao?!
CCP: OK We Fix Nao.
Everyone in the game: NO! FIX BAD!

Shocked

You, sir, have a very strange definition for "everyone". Try, "everyone = cap pilots in large null alliances"

I think you mean "cap pilots in small alliances"

Large alliances won't be impacted, they'll just establish cross regional caches with jump clones installed at the currently meaningful caches.

Have fun maintaining those. Fights/Timers can be 23/7, you can only jump about once in this time, so commit to only one fight, whats if there are more then 1?
Erufen Rito
The Dark Space Initiative
Scary Wormhole People
#4224 - 2014-10-02 21:07:37 UTC
This is incredibly relevant.

https://i.imgur.com/6qBO3qA.png

Stolen from somewhere in reddit.

This is as nice as I get. Best quote ever https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&m=4137165#post4137165

Kalissis
#4225 - 2014-10-02 21:07:59 UTC  |  Edited by: Kalissis
Again, nice done CCP, continue, you have my support!
Dalia Rensini
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#4226 - 2014-10-02 21:08:08 UTC
Lord TGR wrote:
Dalia Rensini wrote:
[quote=Kalissis][quote=Suzuka A1][quote=CCP Greyscale]

Seriously, please do understand that making people wait in front of a computer screen for a timer to tick down is not

''Playing a game''

it is torture / job / a chore / cleaning toilets / unpleasant experience

So if that is what you desire for the future of Eve Online please do us all reasonable people a big favour and go **** yourselfie

So how does this differ from, say, research, manufacturing, doing PI, or even waiting for a cyno to go down?

Seriously does it differ? If you do say, ''research, manufacturing, doing PI,'' you can set your jobs, undock and get into fleet or do whatever you want to in the meantime.

If you are half way through your jump route in a midpoint station somewhere in low sec it is not exactly the same thing.

''or even waiting for a cyno to go down?'' - that takes minutes not hours mate, please.
Zacaral
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#4227 - 2014-10-02 21:08:53 UTC
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Demonfist wrote:

Shocked

You, sir, have a very strange definition for "everyone". Try, "everyone = cap pilots in large null alliances"

Yes, because only large nullsec alliances use caps, it's not like there aren't lowsec groups that use caps, no that's a figment of your imagination.
Kun'ii Zenya
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#4228 - 2014-10-02 21:09:09 UTC
Eigenvalue wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Demonfist wrote:

Shocked

Large alliances won't be impacted, they'll just establish cross regional caches with jump clones installed at the currently meaningful caches.

And possibly rely on interceptors as well, at least for ops that have a lead time. Heck might even turn it into a fleet/roam as well.

So yeah, bigger alliances/coalitions may find this change less problematic....which means that the big groups wont be changing much any time soon either. So a fail in terms of breaking up the power blocks.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#4229 - 2014-10-02 21:09:21 UTC
Klown Walk wrote:
Why is it so bad that your supply chain can actually get disrupted now in 0.0?

Well goons are convinced that they are going to have a billion JF alts to fuel an empire they have no ability to defend...

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Eigenvalue
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#4230 - 2014-10-02 21:09:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Eigenvalue
Roman Lynch wrote:
All I have heard about so far is how nobody will be able to use there supers or caps any more.

NOBODY IS SAYING THAT AT ALL! blah blah blah you are going to have to wait! Else.... blah blah blah !

blah blah blah YOU ARE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT! blah blah blah !

blah blah blah

That's a great idea! EVE Online: Pheobe - The Waiting Game

Sounds like a lot of fun to me!

I can't wait for the promotional videos where they show a ship spinning as the jump timer ticks down for 2 hours. That's be a real hit just like the 2 hour police comet promo video. Brilliant marketing potentials!!
Kalissis
#4231 - 2014-10-02 21:10:17 UTC
Erufen Rito wrote:
This is incredibly relevant.

https://i.imgur.com/6qBO3qA.png

Stolen from somewhere in reddit.

+1 just totally relevant.
Demonfist
New Eden Capsuleer College
Higher Education
#4232 - 2014-10-02 21:10:53 UTC  |  Edited by: Demonfist
Kun'ii Zenya wrote:

Because the person doesn't understand fatigue.

You jump 5 years. Your fatigue is 6. You have to wait 6 minutes to jump again. But your fatigue will be 5.4. If you jump another 5 light years youre fatigue will now be 5.4**6 = 32.4. That means you can't jump again for 32.4 minutes. To get ride of all that fatigue will take 324 minutes just under 5.5 HOURS.

And? This only prevents you from hurriedly jumping back out with the giant fleet you just jumped in.

Don't take it out if you can't afford to lose it. Number 1 rule of eve.

eBil Tycoon > we're more like megacapitalistic psychotic space cowboys with raging epeens and 3% real girls.

Summer Isle
Autumn Industrial Enterprises
#4233 - 2014-10-02 21:11:17 UTC
Roman Lynch wrote:
(Also, convo me in game if you want to start a small alliance and take some space!)

But you're already in a small alliance ;)

Talk is cheap, but Void S and Quake L are cheaper.

Endo Saissore
Afterburners of Eve'il Inc.
#4234 - 2014-10-02 21:11:31 UTC

Two jumps (back and forth) gives you a few hours of fatigue.

How often do you plan to jump back and forth?[/quote]

Jump to the target system; kill target; jump out to your staging system.

There you go, two jumps "back and forth". Roll[/quote]

Jump in, engage your target. Wait five minutes (most of that time should be reduced while you were killing your target)

Jump out with no fatigue.

Problem solved.
[/quote]

its so simple.. why didn't i think of this!![/quote]

Because the person doesn't understand fatigue.

You jump 5 years. Your fatigue is 6. You have to wait 6 minutes to jump again. But your fatigue will be 5.4. If you jump another 5 light years youre fatigue will now be 5.4**6 = 32.4. That means you can't jump again for 32.4 minutes. To get ride of all that fatigue will take 324 minutes just under 5.5 HOURS.[/quote]

Oh so this stops you from persistently hot dropping people with no penalties to consider?

I understand fully. I also understand that this is CCPs intent. No more hot drop after hot drop.

Welcome to a nullsec filled with roaming gangs again.
Kun'ii Zenya
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#4235 - 2014-10-02 21:11:40 UTC
Kalissis wrote:
Eigenvalue wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Demonfist wrote:

Shocked

Have fun maintaining those. Fights/Timers can be 23/7, you can only jump about once in this time, so commit to only one fight, whats if there are more then 1?

That very same constraint applies to the hostiles too!

And the big alliances can also rely on a hoards in sub-caps.
Roman Lynch
Okkamon Pride
#4236 - 2014-10-02 21:11:47 UTC
Eigenvalue wrote:
Roman Lynch wrote:

NOBODY IS SAYING THAT AT ALL! blah blah blah you are going to have to wait! Else.... blah blah blah !

blah blah blah YOU ARE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT! blah blah blah !

blah blah blah

That's a great idea! EVE Online: Pheobe - The Waiting Game

Sounds like a lot of fun to me!

funny how you took out the parts after that. The ones that said "OR USE THE GATES!"

Fox news is hiring....
Derath Ellecon
ATRAX.
Shadow Cartel
#4237 - 2014-10-02 21:12:07 UTC
Roman Lynch wrote:

NOBODY IS SAYING THAT AT ALL! You can still use your stuff, but if you want to jump around, you are going to have to wait! Else.... USE A GATE!

Logistics guys are all like "I can't use my JF now" YES YOU CAN, YOU ARE JUST GOING TO HAVE TO WAIT! OR USE THE GATE!

You can now have your cap fleet protect your freighters with you.... USING GATES!

You can still build things in null sec without going to jita to buy things. YOU HAVE TO MINE IT (granted, CCP will need to do a bit more tweeking on the low ends in null sec to make it effective)

You can now fire DD's in lowsec!!!!!!!!
You can still own space! you just have to be more careful with it.
The SMART ones will be deploying to the area they want to take given these changes NOW and not waiting.
The SMART people are figuring out logistics NOW and not waiting.
The SMART guys are buying and moving things from jita to systems closer to null sec NOW as they know the market hubs are all about to change.
The SMART ones are already talking to other corps to form smaller alliances and figuring out what space they are going to take with their new alliance NOW and setting up for it.

Be one of the SMART ones!!!!

I find it funny to read how to be one o the smart ones and suggesting that a JF use a LS/0.0 gate in the same post.
Lord TGR
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#4238 - 2014-10-02 21:12:42 UTC
Kalissis wrote:
Eigenvalue wrote:
Ginger Barbarella wrote:
Demonfist wrote:

Shocked

I think you might be overdoing the "oh god the sky's falling" with your "you can only jump once in this time". The fatigue timer isn't that bad after your first jump, you should probably be able to wait it out while shooting at something, just like you'll have to wait for cap now.
Kismeteer
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#4239 - 2014-10-02 21:12:42 UTC  |  Edited by: Kismeteer
Another 40 posts [e: and we are there!], and this will be the highest replied to topic in this entire set of forums. The only other one was the Reasonable Things megathread awhile back with 4,282 replies.

Just want to make it clear that this gives the current blocs an easy 'I win' button as people will have to be organized with lots of allies to stand against an invasion. And the current blocs are organized already. It slows the game down, makes it tougher to get huge fights, and leads to pointless difficulties to newbies and logi people alike.

Any small group that thinks this will help them might want to look closer if you think this will stop people from taking gates to kill you.
Kun'ii Zenya
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#4240 - 2014-10-02 21:13:05 UTC  |  Edited by: Kun'ii Zenya
Endo Saissore wrote:

Oh so this stops you from persistently hot dropping people with no penalties to consider?

I understand fully. I also understand that this is CCPs intent. No more hot drop after hot drop.

Welcome to a nullsec filled with roaming gangs again.

Again, I don't disagree with the notion of limiting hot drops or making hot dropping harder, but the question is does it have to be several hours. And why hammer logistics in a similar manner?