These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound

First post First post First post
Author
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#3161 - 2014-10-02 12:21:56 UTC
Muadd Dibb wrote:
LMFAO!!! Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

My god look at the null bears with the biggest tears in a bucket i have seen EVER in EvE Online.

TBH it sounds more fun.

PS obligatory " Can I az your stuff"

Keep laughing. i know I will when the so called null bears adjust (by owning all of the 'near Empire' sov Null space, spending even more time in Low Sec because it's close, strangling any attempt for anyone to take or live in deep null while making a fortune off of skyrocketing tech2 prices) but people like you suffer the consequences of this change.

Can you all be so naive and short sighted (even if it is just a video game)? Rhetorical question I know Cool
Lord TGR
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3162 - 2014-10-02 12:22:12 UTC
Tyby wrote:
Lord TGR wrote:
You can still get dropped, it will just take more preparation and skill to do so than it currently does.

yes ofc you can still get dropped, but except traps, the 12 man carrier gang dropping on cruisers just gained some extra time to gtfo if something went south. or even better than gtfo, they got some extra time to call and bring reinforcements
no matter how you look at this, the 12 man carrier gang just got a little safer

Last I checked they were talking about a cooldown time of 5 minutes. That's one siege cycle. If you're prepared well enough, then you should have little to no fatigue and as such be able to do a hit and run. If you aren't prepared to do that, then tough cookies.
Lallante
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#3163 - 2014-10-02 12:22:18 UTC  |  Edited by: Lallante
As a player of Eve in nullsec sov war since before original release (before official sov even existed), and a flyer of capitals and supercapitals since each was released -> This is the single best and most important set of changes CCP has made to the 0.0 meta in the history of the game.

There is some tweaking to do with the harshness of the escalation of fatigue, and there needs to be fitting choices that reduce it (ideally EXPENSIVE rigs - you can fit to travel but dont expect to cheaply refit when you get there).

One use case I want some thought given to is that of carriers used by 0.0 grunts as a way to move ships/modules when moving "home" for an extended period of time. Maybe introduce a new, 90% fatigue reduced ship that is solely a heavy-transport for assembled ships
Major Trant
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3164 - 2014-10-02 12:22:18 UTC
True Sight wrote:
The announce changes won't stop that. If you were genuinely hot-dropped by 12 carriers, simply so they could kill a dozen cruisers, they were local carriers, they will still happily do that after this change, if you think some alliance in Vale jumped 7 jumps to kill your cruiser gang in Delve, you are very very mistaken.

Dude you need to understand what you are talking about before mouthing off about it. But then you probably do, you just don't want to acknowledge how it really is.

Two of us in a Caracal and Heretic, were hotdropped by a shedload of PL in Huola recently. A few days later I was cloaked up off the Huola gate in Kourm and saw PL drop 3 times in an hour on small gangs no more than 3 cruisers strong. Each time they jumped in with 30 odd Faction BS/T3s and other exotic ships, then jumped a Titan in to bridge everyone home.

Is Huola within 5 LY of Amamake, Yes! But would PL drop on a Caracal and Heretic if it came with this penalty - or course not. Would they drop all the things 3 times in an hour, just to kill a couple of cruisers each time - that wouldn't be possible anymore. They would have to measure their response each drop, decide is the target worth it to lock them out of jumping for the next x amount of time. Drop less and then have to slow boat back to Amamake with the risks associated with that. Would it even be viable to have a couple of people wandering around in cyno tanked haulers baiting for ganks while everyone sits on the Titan? PL may even have to abandon Amamake to move near their most valued area of operation, cause now they are going to have to choose one or divide up their force into smaller scattered chunks.

You made your bed, now lay in it.

Please CCP stick to the plan! Don't let a few null sec leaders bullying their members into slagging you off here put you off.
Count Austheim
Redemption Denied
#3165 - 2014-10-02 12:22:41 UTC
I spent a long time maxing out 2 of my toons for all capitals and all i have to say is; great job CCP! I support this! Pirate

Only thing i would not want to have nerfed is the JF. Rorqual; Meh

Dont listen to the other old bittervets, they are killing off EVE, they have become fat and love their mobility scooter, they are just angry cause you are making them have to walk or take a bike to get around!

c^^,)

If this ships a´rockin, then im strangling someone....

http://count-austheim.blogspot.com

X Alias
Twin Tech
#3166 - 2014-10-02 12:23:00 UTC
Yes! Eve is on its way to being saved! Devs good job! I'm sure there is kinks to work out but a great first step! Fantastic!
Grave Digger Eriker
Doomheim
#3167 - 2014-10-02 12:23:41 UTC
Arsine Mayhem wrote:

Battlestar Galactia - FTL drives. Time to spool them up. Re calibration time after. Stresses on the ship. Stresses on the crew.

And this one:
Finally a logical solution

Shortish spool up (30sec - 1Min)
Long Recalibration delay (30mins - 1Hr)
Keep the 5 LY limit for Combat caps only.
Don't completely screw over the JF/Rorqual
Arsine Mayhem wrote:
They were not always reliable. Enter that in the game, oh no, you just jumped to the wrong system.
LOL This could have hilarious consequences.

Oh and whoever suggested allowing Capitals to use gates send them to RIOT games to destroy that company first.
Schluffi Schluffelsen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3168 - 2014-10-02 12:25:32 UTC  |  Edited by: Schluffi Schluffelsen
Lord TGR wrote:
Schluffi Schluffelsen wrote:
Lord TGR wrote:
That's the sad part - you know you're killing the game with it, you know you're forcing these chances upon New Eden because you're too lazy to change something about it. Don't blame CCP for it, seriously. They gave us all the tools to shape nullsec and well, look at how dull it became.

And you're wrong, the mechanics determine how the players behave, it's not the other way around.

The mechanics are the framework for the gameplay in a sandbox. Nobody forced 30-40k players to join a coalition, nobody forces you to drop hundreds of pilots on top of everything. It's your choice. Every pilot, every leader. You wanted the blob, you enforced it. You're using the mechanics for your own means, see TiDi. You drove the game to be in the most stable condition, near coma. No war can be fought without interference and drops, no small entity is able to take a foothold in nullsec without whoring themselves out to the bigger coalitions.

This is the work of PL, N3 and CFC. Rule with SCs, rent out, make money, improve your position of power. A stalemate of SC force and the brink of server workload ensure that, you blame CCP for not being able to host these fights but we could also just adapt and do smaller fights. Nobody enjoyed B-R for the looks or performance but because of the ISK involved.

I'm not defending the current sov mechanics, they need to be redone - but the force concentration and projection have been exploited by the big coalitions. Now it's CCP move to unfuck these mechanics that you're exploiting right now and kill the fun for more casual gamers.

Don't blame CCP, this could have been avoided but we've been forcing their hands to change something major because we're not able to change it by ourselves.

So yay for the changes, needs some tweaking (region-related resources, moons, npc systems in all regions) but in general, dooo eeeeet.

You say "don't blame CCP", but the oneous is not on players to do what's "in the game's best interest", but on the game developers to create and maintain mechanics which force players to do what's actually in the game's best interest.

Thinking anything else is being hilariously delusional, or at best, severely biased and incorrect in where you point blame.

If you think that way then there's no reason to complain, CCP is doing its part. What's delusional is playing a MMO and not taking responsibility for the own actions or thinking that players have no influence here - just watch the CSM or the influence of Fanfest, etc. The way people react to certain things like the cyno exploit that made CCP change something. We all knew this was coming and the past months have been quite the "boost" for CCP to ensure something is changing about nullsec.

Leaders of the coalitions could've been able to change something to avoid such harsh measures, now you've gotta deal with it. Either leave, biomass your **** or try to be helpful for once and stop blaming CCP for your own mess.
Gregor Parud
Imperial Academy
#3169 - 2014-10-02 12:28:31 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Muadd Dibb wrote:
LMFAO!!! Big smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smileBig smile

My god look at the null bears with the biggest tears in a bucket i have seen EVER in EvE Online.

TBH it sounds more fun.

PS obligatory " Can I az your stuff"

Keep laughing. i know I will when the so called null bears adjust (by owning all of the 'near Empire' sov Null space, spending even more time in Low Sec because it's close, strangling any attempt for anyone to take or live in deep null while making a fortune off of skyrocketing tech2 prices) but people like you suffer the consequences of this change.

Can you all be so naive and short sighted (even if it is just a video game)? Rhetorical question I know Cool

You sound as if you have a vested interest in keeping the current (s)cap status quo.
ugly inside
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#3170 - 2014-10-02 12:28:45 UTC
Lallante wrote:

One use case I want some thought given to is that of carriers used by 0.0 grunts as a way to move ships/modules when moving "home" for an extended period of time. Maybe introduce a new, 90% fatigue reduced ship that is solely a heavy-transport for assembled ships

so.... have you seen these cool tech 2 ships?.. they transport thousands of m3 cargo.. assembled ships you say... do you have an alt.. make a contract item courier and put the package in your ship.. BOOOOOOM keyboard drop.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#3171 - 2014-10-02 12:28:51 UTC
So finally a use for all those wonderful capital rated whs in EVE
I approve of that

Soft cap on cap jump ranges-er well something like that
Good, very good

Messing with my T2 production
Rage-unsub-lines of how dare they

I don't even fly jump ships yet so oh well.
Zhul Chembull
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3172 - 2014-10-02 12:29:49 UTC  |  Edited by: Zhul Chembull
Major Trant wrote:
True Sight wrote:
The announce changes won't stop that. If you were genuinely hot-dropped by 12 carriers, simply so they could kill a dozen cruisers, they were local carriers, they will still happily do that after this change, if you think some alliance in Vale jumped 7 jumps to kill your cruiser gang in Delve, you are very very mistaken.

Dude you need to understand what you are talking about before mouthing off about it. But then you probably do, you just don't want to acknowledge how it really is.

Two of us in a Caracal and Heretic, were hotdropped by a shedload of PL in Huola recently. A few days later I was cloaked up off the Huola gate in Kourm and saw PL drop 3 times in an hour on small gangs no more than 3 cruisers strong. Each time they jumped in with 30 odd Faction BS/T3s and other exotic ships, then jumped a Titan in to bridge everyone home.

Is Huola within 5 LY of Amamake, Yes! But would PL drop on a Caracal and Heretic if it came with this penalty - or course not. Would they drop all the things 3 times in an hour, just to kill a couple of cruisers each time - that wouldn't be possible anymore. They would have to measure their response each drop, decide is the target worth it to lock them out of jumping for the next x amount of time. Drop less and then have to slow boat back to Amamake with the risks associated with that. Would it even be viable to have a couple of people wandering around in cyno tanked haulers baiting for ganks while everyone sits on the Titan? PL may even have to abandon Amamake to move near their most valued area of operation, cause now they are going to have to choose one or divide up their force into smaller scattered chunks.

You made your bed, now lay in it.

Please CCP stick to the plan! Don't let a few null sec leaders bullying their members into slagging you off here put you off.

Its not a few, the more experienced players see what is coming. I am not part of any power block, but realize that my time as a logistics / miner is coming to an end. I don't enjoy any other aspect of the game really. What I love is the people that dont realize this will not fix the large alliances, nothing will. Large alliances go away on their away from their neurotic, and often time, unstable leadership. Break downs will naturally occur. All of the PL hot drops kill ships, which make minerals worth more. Every time I see a titan die, I rejoice because I know minerals will be needed to replace it.
Gossi91
Orden der Freischar
Bunch of Idiotz
#3173 - 2014-10-02 12:32:04 UTC
Zhul Chembull wrote:
There is nothing to discuss they are going to do this regardless. The only way we can truly show our displeasure is to unsub from the game and pack up. They want an easy solution, don't gimp the rorquals and JF. If you think the rorquals can be exploited as combat ships, then leave it to the sole providence of the JF, hell ill even buy one. What is not acceptable is going back to a horsedrawn carriage to take my goods after I flew them out in a jet. No way in hell man. I have a wife and three kids that I like to hang out with and being able to mine, transport goods and back already takes me 2-3 days of careful jumping and planning. I am not having my range limited to 5y which is ridiculous.

Ok, let me give u another example:
Your boss tell you:
"Hey guy, u have to work 5 hours longer per week"

Would you just go and leave the company or would you say somethink like
"Ok, i can work 5 hours more a week, but to do this i would prefere to earn more money/get more holidays?"

Same here, by just saying "f*** you ccp, unsub incoming" you could share some ideas, THATS what ccp needs, not just another guys telling "i will unsub, deal with it or dont bring that patch"
Lord TGR
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#3174 - 2014-10-02 12:32:57 UTC
If you think that way then there's no reason to complain, CCP is doing its part. What's delusional is playing a MMO and not taking responsibility for the own actions or thinking that players have no influence here - just watch the CSM or the influence of Fanfest, etc. The way people react to certain things like the cyno exploit that made CCP change something. We all knew this was coming and the past months have been quite the "boost" for CCP to ensure something is changing about nullsec.

Leaders of the coalitions could've been able to change something to avoid such harsh measures, now you've gotta deal with it. Either leave, biomass your **** or try to be helpful for once and stop blaming CCP for your own mess.

You seem to be reading something into my posts which I'm not putting there, because barring the severity of the "fatigue" and the fact I'm not sure nullsec as a whole is ready for the limitation they're looking to put on JFs, I'm all on board with these changes. So uh, yeah.
Lallante
Blue Republic
RvB - BLUE Republic
#3175 - 2014-10-02 12:33:21 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
[
Insidious wrote:
getting the general gist of this it hurts the little guy a bit too much

*Every* controversial change hurts the little guy too much. It's good that all the big guys are there to look out for them.

Greyscale I ******* love you, please marry me. Also answer my ship replacement petitions from 2003.
BlackMatrix
Black Dragon PHP
Brave Collective
#3176 - 2014-10-02 12:33:45 UTC
Bort Malice wrote:
rezell wrote:
This will help low sec . No more uber MOM fleets

This Devblog pretty much clearly states those Uber MOM fleets will be jumping into your lowsec.

Enjoy.

They do already. At least you can see them coming :)
Ren Kavik
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#3177 - 2014-10-02 12:34:27 UTC
Lord TGR wrote:
Lord TGR wrote:
That's the sad part - you know you're killing the game with it, you know you're forcing these chances upon New Eden because you're too lazy to change something about it. Don't blame CCP for it, seriously. They gave us all the tools to shape nullsec and well, look at how dull it became.

And you're wrong, the mechanics determine how the players behave, it's not the other way around.

The mechanics are the framework for the gameplay in a sandbox. Nobody forced 30-40k players to join a coalition, nobody forces you to drop hundreds of pilots on top of everything. It's your choice. Every pilot, every leader. You wanted the blob, you enforced it. You're using the mechanics for your own means, see TiDi. You drove the game to be in the most stable condition, near coma. No war can be fought without interference and drops, no small entity is able to take a foothold in nullsec without whoring themselves out to the bigger coalitions.

This is the work of PL, N3 and CFC. Rule with SCs, rent out, make money, improve your position of power. A stalemate of SC force and the brink of server workload ensure that, you blame CCP for not being able to host these fights but we could also just adapt and do smaller fights. Nobody enjoyed B-R for the looks or performance but because of the ISK involved.

I'm not defending the current sov mechanics, they need to be redone - but the force concentration and projection have been exploited by the big coalitions. Now it's CCP move to unfuck these mechanics that you're exploiting right now and kill the fun for more casual gamers.

Don't blame CCP, this could have been avoided but we've been forcing their hands to change something major because we're not able to change it by ourselves.

So yay for the changes, needs some tweaking (region-related resources, moons, npc systems in all regions) but in general, dooo eeeeet.

You say "don't blame CCP", but the oneous is not on players to do what's "in the game's best interest", but on the game developers to create and maintain mechanics which force players to do what's actually in the game's best interest.

Thinking anything else is being hilariously delusional, or at best, severely biased and incorrect in where you point blame.

So Lord TGR... You mean to say that CCP intented null to be stale dead and borring except for the once in a decade BRB5...

knobber Jobbler
State War Academy
Caldari State
#3178 - 2014-10-02 12:34:27 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:

Big thanks to the whole CSM for their help with this process so far and the good work I know they'll continue to do as we consult with them going forward.

So the CSM said something different. Would you care to explain?
Sohl Ni-Zha
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#3179 - 2014-10-02 12:34:35 UTC
Maybe we, honest drug dealers of the cluster, get new product to distribute and help old, tired capital pilots with their fatigue?

We still wait for promised smuggling overhaul and this could be fine reason, to implement new drugs and tweak some other stuff.

delivering. drugs.  IG channel: Narcotics

Slevin-Kelevra
brotherhood of desman
#3180 - 2014-10-02 12:34:47 UTC
A rough idea of how people feel.

http://strawpoll.me/2686971