These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound

First post First post First post
Author
Gaizka Alud
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1561 - 2014-10-01 22:10:17 UTC
Xylorn Hasher wrote:
I have one word to describe this changes - EPIC. Truly EPICShocked

Finally CCP is going to do major step foward in game mechanic!
Its simple change but it's scale is like Apocrypha.
I'm feeling like we are heading back to pre Jump Freighter era, when most nullsec traffic had to go throu lowsec with much risk involved and.. well effort.
Definitely lowsec will become a place what it was once in the past, without hundred strong alliances ready to hotdrop you anywhere, anytime.

The least lowsec needs is powerblocks.
For all small - medium lowsec entities it's a Christmass time!

For nullsec it also brings a major change - most obvious is that it will be very hard to hold and control vast areas of space throu limited fleet ranges.

Great job CCP,
Hornestly, you brought back a hope to my heart that game will go in the right direction,
also you just earned my 420 Euros from subbing all may accounts for a year upfront.



Well, here's a thing Hasher: if that is the objective, wouldn't it just be simpler to actually go back? Remove JF , nerf even harder other Capital jump capability, reimburse all related SP etc.?
Min Mar
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1562 - 2014-10-01 22:10:35 UTC
I'm sorry to say that you are (once again) penalizing the small entrepreneurial groups with your changes and it's going to kill the game.

My current JF route is slightly over 30 LYs and requires 3 jumps with maximum skills. As I understand it, I am now going to need seven (7) jumps to get to my destination, aside from cool down timers. Please do not tell me to use gates, that is simply absurd since I can't have a subcap fleet with me every time I need to bring fuel/supplies back to null.

I am sure there are many pilots who have to jump even longer distances with JFs and while I understand your logic for trying to slow down bat phone deployments, this change will impact the average null bear in a detrimental way for the game. Why are JFs being penalized in the same way as SCs or caps?

I am afraid that if this change goes through as announced, I'll be looking for something else to do with my spare time. It was fun while it lasted.
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#1563 - 2014-10-01 22:11:37 UTC
baltec1 wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:

Why are some of your members whinging and rage quitting on this thread then if it doesn't affect you. I agree, goonswarm will still be able to easily protect its empire with subcapitals, but your line soldiers all seem to be throwing toys out the pram and quitting, in which case you wont have pilots to fly said sub capitals.


Because thanks to the way supers work they are now trapped in a ship already rarely used going nowhere fast.

Well no one puts their main in a super without having a secondary sub cap pilot. And secondly, I can't see supers still not being deployed, yes they won't be the be all and end all for attacking entities across the other side of the galaxy, but it is not like they still won't have a crucial role. In fact they might be used more as counter dropping is more difficult now.
flakeys
Doomheim
#1564 - 2014-10-01 22:11:49 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:

EVE had fewer players and alts back then. Lots of things have changed. you can't nerf 1 thing and recreate some rose colored glasses glory days that never really existed in the 1st place. EVERYONE forgets how people begged and begged and begged CCP for an easier way to more around EVE "because using gates sucks and takes too long and gates get camped all the time and it's not fair!!!".

.


At the end of the day you don't allways know for sure that what you ask for will in the end be what you . ''Be carefull what you ask for'' should have been something CCP ended every threadnaught of outcries from the playerbase with Blink.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Aleks Cave
TheAuthority
Pigships
#1565 - 2014-10-01 22:12:18 UTC
Min Mar wrote:
I'm sorry to say that you are (once again) penalizing the small entrepreneurial groups with your changes and it's going to kill the game.

My current JF route is slightly over 30 LYs and requires 3 jumps with maximum skills. As I understand it, I am now going to need seven (7) jumps to get to my destination, aside from cool down timers. Please do not tell me to use gates, that is simply absurd since I can't have a subcap fleet with me every time I need to bring fuel/supplies back to null.

I am sure there are many pilots who have to jump even longer distances with JFs and while I understand your logic for trying to slow down bat phone deployments, this change will impact the average null bear in a detrimental way for the game. Why are JFs being penalized in the same way as SCs or caps?

I am afraid that if this change goes through as announced, I'll be looking for something else to do with my spare time. It was fun while it lasted.




HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!!!!

2004, here we come :))) lazy basturds!!!
BlueJeff Azul
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1566 - 2014-10-01 22:12:48 UTC  |  Edited by: BlueJeff Azul
Leto Aramaus wrote:
To everyone rage quitting EVE...

Seriously... can I have all your ISK, and assets?

Legit, if you're quitting, give me your stuff.



"Give"...perish the thought. If CCP is dead set on capping JF range to 5 ly, after I just spent months mining, planning and saving for my first jump capable ship, I am selling my JF and returning to Highsec. Nullsec sucks without ease of access to decent markets. Also, I shall reduce my number of active accounts. Who needs 5-10 accounts if you are in highsec.

If such well thought out and crisp ideas are the epitome of CCp's marketing they will take a huge hit where it hurts...reduction in clients, "my money."
Budan Kado
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1567 - 2014-10-01 22:12:57 UTC
CCP you are trying to kill the smaller alliances while allowing the major power blocks to rat in peace.

how about you change the values of the cool down timer and jump distance and make them tie in with the amount of people in your alliance and blue list.

the more people you have the cool down timer gets longer and the jump range gets shorter. for smaller alliances it would scale the other way allowing longer jumps and shorter cool down period.

your, CCP, changes will do nothing to break up the major blocks in nullsec, it will only allow them to defend their space since no one in their right mind will spend days waiting on cool down timers to expire.
rae nosaj
INNOCENT INDUSTRIES
#1568 - 2014-10-01 22:13:31 UTC
suggestion;

how about messing with fuel consumption instead?
make it impossible for a ship to carry enough fuel to jump very far unless it had to refuel really often.
(so with fleets of caps you'd really have to strategically move and buy fuel for everyone along the way
if you wanted to suddenly move out. That way you have to preplan carefully and make sure people wont get stranded
due to not enough fuel for sale at spots.)

or make the fuel consumption bigger if you want to chain jumps.
cause the engines are overheating or something. i dont know.
that way the second jump would cost more fuel and you'd eat at your own fuel reserves way quicker
so because you want to move fast, you are limiting how far you can go.
so the faster you wanna go. the less far you can go

so you cant just rush into a hotdrop from the otherside of the map.

but you can still do your normal transport daily activities that dont require sudden massive movements.

basically, find a way to up the fuel prices so i can make profit
Scott VonCleif
Multiplex Gaming
The Bastion
#1569 - 2014-10-01 22:14:13 UTC
Heavypredator Singh wrote:
Scott VonCleif wrote:
http://www.dailydot.com/lifestyle/eve-online-ambush-9000-spaceship-lost/

http://www.wired.com/2014/02/eve-online-battle-of-b-r/

NO MORE NEVER AGAIN WILL WE SEE THIS HAPPEN


Great - stupid tidi battles.
Im sorry did you little 100 man brawl ut eve in the headlines...NO IT DID NOW

'Admist The Blackness of space, A link from past to future, The shattered wing of the protector"

-Scott VonCleif CEO Atinolus Protectorate

flakeys
Doomheim
#1570 - 2014-10-01 22:14:16 UTC
Gaizka Alud wrote:
Xylorn Hasher wrote:
I have one word to describe this changes - EPIC. Truly EPICShocked

Finally CCP is going to do major step foward in game mechanic!
Its simple change but it's scale is like Apocrypha.
I'm feeling like we are heading back to pre Jump Freighter era, when most nullsec traffic had to go throu lowsec with much risk involved and.. well effort.
Definitely lowsec will become a place what it was once in the past, without hundred strong alliances ready to hotdrop you anywhere, anytime.

The least lowsec needs is powerblocks.
For all small - medium lowsec entities it's a Christmass time!

For nullsec it also brings a major change - most obvious is that it will be very hard to hold and control vast areas of space throu limited fleet ranges.

Great job CCP,
Hornestly, you brought back a hope to my heart that game will go in the right direction,
also you just earned my 420 Euros from subbing all may accounts for a year upfront.



Well, here's a thing Hasher: if that is the objective, wouldn't it just be simpler to actually go back? Remove JF , nerf even harder other Capital jump capability, reimburse all related SP etc.?



The thing is , the ships that where added later on where added for a good reason and where an improvement.However they just had a little ''too much'' capabilities and now is the time to remove that extra bit.

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Aleks Cave
TheAuthority
Pigships
#1571 - 2014-10-01 22:14:17 UTC
I came hear to read about the whines and all Im getting is sweet sweet tears ...

***slurp*** slurp***

yummy tears...!!!!
Jerf Foo
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1572 - 2014-10-01 22:14:30 UTC
Lt Montar wrote:
Domanique Altares wrote:
Makalu Zarya wrote:
o7 eve and thanks for all the fish, it's been fun.


Bye. If your sole reason for playing this game is to hot drop everything in sight with impunity, then CCP's cure for cancer is already working.


CCP will lose more subscriptions than you know... look at how many super pilots/cap pilots are out there if they unsub its going to hit ccp hard in the wallet.


Probably not, actually. I serious doubt the power bloc members are any kind of majority portion of the players that throw cash at the game. Same thing for this thread. All the people butt-hurt and threatening to unsub here are a laughable fraction-of-a-minority of EVE players.
Octoven
Noir Holdings
#1573 - 2014-10-01 22:14:33 UTC
Force projection IS the catalyst for many large scale engagements, the problem you are running into CCP is not that there are too many large fights and not enough smaller ones, its that you keep making changes like this and forcing vet players out of the game. Well mathematically when you reduce number of players that equals LESS SMALL ACTION!

This is absolutely one of the worst ideas I've ever heard. I thought for a second I was on the features and ideas forums reading a thread form a noob who got hot dropped and was wanting caps changed. Come on CCP, have you seriously ran out of ideas as to change basic core game play to "shake" things up some? What makes EVE different and special is that it ISNT like other games, it hasn't fell victim to the faster paced world, well that seems to be changing.

Are you TRYING to recreate another Jita riot? I doubt very much the CSM will be on board with these changes, and even if they are...they aren't representative of the majority of eve players. This post just takes the **** award of the year. EVE really is dying one release after another. Sorry CCP Seagull but this is the same **** game design we were seeing before Unifex, you're going to have to do better than this.
RDevz
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1574 - 2014-10-01 22:15:10 UTC
But freighter escort parties, the six hour marathons of tedium as you warp from gate to gate across a 170 AU system at 0.7AU/sec are content!

~

Ehud Gera
Equitable Affront
#1575 - 2014-10-01 22:15:43 UTC
Here's a thought toward the "little guy logistics" Nerfbat question.

Introduce Rigs/Modules that moderately decrease Jump fatigue [and maybe even increase range] for carriers. In essence to use carriers logistically you have to nerf their combat utility to inconsequential. [To avoid exploitation(Maybe if you unfit the mods on the carrier your fatigue goes up to what it would have been had you not used them)I dunno.]

JF's i think shouldn't get range penalties like CCP is planning, and Black ops too should get less of a nerf to preserve functionality. But I think CCP will have their eye on this as they've already acknowledged it may be heavy handed in those cases.

Two thumbs up for Direction you're headed CCP. Let's see where it rolls.
Iosue
Black Sky Hipsters
#1576 - 2014-10-01 22:16:13 UTC
i have two suggestions:

1. Let the Rorq and JF keep their range.
2. Give the JF a ship hangar to carry fitted and rigged ships.

this would be a big help to logistics pilots and improve operations in hard to reach areas (NPC Null).
Mashie Saldana
Jamgu Initiatives
#1577 - 2014-10-01 22:16:41 UTC
BlueJeff Azul wrote:
Leto Aramaus wrote:
To everyone rage quitting EVE...

Seriously... can I have all your ISK, and assets?

Legit, if you're quitting, give me your stuff.



"Give"...perish the thought. If CCP is dead set on capping JF range to 5 ly, after I just spent months mining, planning and saving for my first jump capable ship, I am selling my JF and returning to Highsec. Nullsec sucks without ease of access to decent markets. Also, I shall reduce my number of active accounts. Who needs 5-10 accounts if you are in highsec.

If such well thought out and crisp ideas are the epitome of CCp's marketing they will take a huge hit where it hurts...reduction in clients, "my money."



Maybe you stop being a carebear. Get yourself a ship and visit lowsec.
Anthar Thebess
#1578 - 2014-10-01 22:16:46 UTC
Tbh.
Most of the supercapital alts are on alt accounts,
You have 3 character slots.
1 is super, 2 others usually do utility jobs , or sit in different factions / regions.

This going to be very hot winter. Blink
Nankeen Heron
Jim's Mowing
#1579 - 2014-10-01 22:16:49 UTC
Great idea!

While you're at it, can you add "chat fatigue" to clean up Jita local? Ta.
Shakari Sween
Blacklisted Bastards
#1580 - 2014-10-01 22:16:55 UTC
Just want to say.

Changes look great! Def needs to be a few small tweaks but over all love it!

CCP, please don't fall to the vocal minority. Currently New Eden feels small, this will make it feel like a universe again, rather than a small pond!