These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound

First post First post First post
Author
Eddiie
Hooded Underworld Guys
Brotherhood of Spacers
#1281 - 2014-10-01 21:11:08 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:

I'm sorry, I'm not going to spend hours of my life to simply move subcapitals around. I refuse to spend half a day simply to move minerals and my production goods to and from Jita. This is a game, not a second job.

this
Ncc 1709
Fusion Enterprises Ltd
Pandemic Horde
#1282 - 2014-10-01 21:11:17 UTC
Thalen Draganos wrote:
Migui X'hyrrn wrote:
http://i.imgur.com/eP7Dfq4.png

CCP how are you going to live there, for example.

Best place to rat with supers though.

Dev hacks of course.

ive already worked it... only 10 hours from jita.
raging star
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1283 - 2014-10-01 21:11:43 UTC
Misaniovent wrote:
This is going to make cap proliferation even worse. Smaller entities will have less to fear from major players, which is a positive, but it also means that carriers and dreads are going to see deployment much more frequently and, when operating local to the homes of the owners, with less effort required from cyno pilots. This means that groups without caps are going to be even more disadvantaged than ever before.

Reducing the size of the map is a good idea, but this is the wrong way to go about it. This strongly favors nullsec entities that have extensive jump bridge networks. Fatigue will help but traveling to new deployments or preparing for fights ahead of time will be much easier for groups that have the transit networks in place compared to groups that will need to move cynos extensively.

I'm also concerned about how jump fatigue will work in fleets. If a group of 50 capital ships needs to move two jumps, but some pilots already have jump fatigue, how does that impact the rest of the fleet? Will everyone else be slowed to their speed?

Finally, you seem to be planning to release these changes in stages. I think I am not the only person who would prefer to see them all released at once. If you really feel that these changes will be for the best, then they need to be released in a way that makes them all coherent and immediately shows the community how they fit together. Making these changes piecemeal is just going to have a negative short and medium-term impact and will not be good for the game.

Moloney
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#1284 - 2014-10-01 21:11:44 UTC
Of course wh pos are going to be raped due to pos hp nerf hinted at in the same blog.
Bertrand Arramor
Arramor Industrial Enterprises
#1285 - 2014-10-01 21:11:55 UTC
Any chance of getting our SP in jump skills refunded?

Finally get into a toon with the skills I need, and boom it's completely and utterly useless.
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#1286 - 2014-10-01 21:11:58 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
I'm sorry, I'm not going to spend hours of my life to simply move subcapitals around. I refuse to spend half a day simply to move minerals and my production goods to and from Jita. This is a game, not a second job.

That is the point of the changes. Although it is possible to bypass the restrictions, it is significantly annoying, and a logistical nightmare, that it will make it unviable.
Nazri al Mahdi
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#1287 - 2014-10-01 21:12:00 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:
I cannot believe the lack of insight the null working group brought forward with this dev blog.
These changes ~supposedly~ aim to limit capital and supercapital ships moving around with impunity.

However, every major entity worth a damn will be caching those around New Eden now, and will simply circumvent these poorly thought artificial restrictions brought forward by

* Using unstoppable insta align, travel fit interceptors to move pilots around
* Having jump clones around
* Using travel alts to move ships with jump drives, then switching to fully trained combat pilots

Hence, CCP achieves nothing towards limiting capital projection. But on the other hand, CCP manages to turn the majority of null an unlivable, logistical nightmare.

I would like to extend my sincere gratitude to the team of geniuses led by Grayscale that make up the 'Null sec working group'. You are doing a great service to thousands of EVE players by driving them out of game and preventing them from wasting their time on a computer game. Provided these poorly thought changes go through, CCP is losing -6 subscriptions from me. So long and thanks for all the fish. See you all good folks in the next big space themed MMO.

This. All of this. Also the devs who came up with nerfing logistics should be fined and imprisoned for theft of carbon.
Pic'n dor
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1288 - 2014-10-01 21:12:14 UTC
So while we are at ti, why not some more stuff into this...

anyone ? 1000MN MWD on titan to get to gate after drag bubble ?

Capital size tear collector anyone ?

Autopilot titans to jita ?

Sister of EvE fatigue reductor ?

Strong Caffein Pill ? for jump cool down ?

Jump Clone contractable and moveable ?

unplugable rigs to repack ship "costless" ?

+2 warp strenght to all capital ship ?

COUCOU TOUCHE TOUCHE

Two step
Aperture Harmonics
#1289 - 2014-10-01 21:12:15 UTC  |  Edited by: Two step
Another question brought up by the great and terrible sala cameron (soon to be a filthy casual): Will jump cooldowns and jump fatigue be time dilated (i.e. when in a 10% tidi system, will they decay at 1/10th the normal rate)?

CSM 7 Secretary CSM 6 Alternate Delegate @two_step_eve on Twitter My Blog

Soul Stranger
United Caldari Navy
United Caldari Space Command.
#1290 - 2014-10-01 21:12:54 UTC
are you serious CCP??? what the hell is this ??
if it ever gonna happen -1 sub.

thanks CCP.
ulililillia
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1291 - 2014-10-01 21:13:07 UTC
So now capitals aren't going to be faster to travel than frigates. Makes sense to me. LolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLolLol
raging star
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1292 - 2014-10-01 21:13:12 UTC

this is one piece of the puzzle that makes no sense to me because hopefully we can't see the entire picture and theres something worth the headache once everything comes together.

On top of that the logistical backbone of major alliances can take the hit and adjust, those small entities who depend on there caps to move around lets say to npc space and are the one who you ccp want to take part in null sec eventually to create content are the ones you have completely under cut. Moving to farthest reaches of eve can be challeging when traveling under the best of circumstances because you have the range to move around hot pockets that might spell doom for your cap, now that goes away and on top of that you are forcing said capital to not use its jump drive and to now take a normal gates when you reach your jump drive cool down period and be expose to gate camps, we are talking about ships that move a snails pace in the best of times, they would be seating ducks for virtually any one except the big boys who travel in big groups and have other form of back up, small entites don't have that and would constantly be expose every time they want to move. You are basically restricting\locking players up in regions and i see further to stagnation.

If anything you are nerfing capitals not once or twice but three times all at once and have made all but the riskies thing in even to do without the logistics for it, not everyone has the logistics of lets say nulli or cfc to handle this change.

I know eve is about adapting but wow.
Yogsoloth
Fliet Pizza Delivery
Of Essence
#1293 - 2014-10-01 21:13:20 UTC  |  Edited by: Yogsoloth
Alp Khan wrote:

This is the point exactly. It'll be soo unpleasant to try and hold soo much space that large entities will cease to do so. Hence opening the door to new and smaller entities that will actually occupy and live in the space they hold.
Nys Cron
EVE University
Ivy League
#1294 - 2014-10-01 21:13:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Nys Cron
WH corps will no longer be able to commit capitals to someone else's system because extracting them will be near impossible.

As for power projection: don't forget that as long as there is a way (for example caching caps all around the cluster), no matter how painful, someone will do it and have an advantage over the rest. Usually this will be the large entities, smaller ones simply don't have a chance to do that.

Suggestion: just implement a fixed delay of, say, 7.5min after each jump, increasing it beyond that is not necessary. Reduce jump range only for supercapitals.
Thalen Draganos
Nabisco Liberation Collective
#1295 - 2014-10-01 21:13:27 UTC
Eddiie wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

this

this
Kun'ii Zenya
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#1296 - 2014-10-01 21:13:35 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
Gilbaron wrote:
Quote:
Yes, caching is going to be something of a thing, but the amount of caches you need to get good coverage of the bulk of the cluster is large (somewhere on the order of 1 per region), and the effort involved in restocking them is distinctly non-trivial.

It's cute how you think that we can't/wont do that.

This is nothing but a massive nerf to attackers. I have always been a fan of your game design ideas and decisions. But this is complete and utter bullshit that goes exactly in the opposite direction of where things should go. We need things to attack that are not sov. Not reasons to not attack anything at all.

We know you *can*, if you apply yourselves. The intent is that you will find that you don't *need* to and you actually don't *want* to either.

Maybe you should consider your suggested changes again then. Nobody is going to move a fleet of dreads via gates for more than a few gates.

Caching dreads, carriers, etc. on the other hand will solve the movement problem for capitals.

Here is an idea, in a few days look to see if the dedicated capital pilots that can't fly interceptors now have modified their skill queues.
Allawa Phantom
Zebra Corp
Goonswarm Federation
#1297 - 2014-10-01 21:13:52 UTC
[21:09:04] xenobite 666 > you better kill that titan before his timer runs out and he can jump
Gillia Winddancer
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1298 - 2014-10-01 21:14:41 UTC
Eddiie wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

this

Yes, cause Jita is the end-all be-all solo trading hub in which New Eden revolves around and yada yada yada...

...and here I recall ancient legends about how Jita once upon a time was less populated than a redneck farmland. Imagine that. It must mean that something happened which made Jita is what it is today. I DO so wonder what it could have been. Surely it must have been an event which is impossible to reproduce today.

Soridar Ravencroft
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1299 - 2014-10-01 21:15:01 UTC
Eddiie wrote:
Alp Khan wrote:

this

Glad to see more ppl are getting the drift of what this really means.
Yuri Thorpe
Volatile Restability
PURPLE HELMETED WARRIORS
#1300 - 2014-10-01 21:15:10 UTC
Alp Khan wrote:

Honestly this^

I am find with the jump changes, I am not ok with the fact that I will have to wait time for something that I should not have to wait for