These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound

First post First post First post
Author
Skia Aumer
Planetary Harvesting and Processing LLC
#1141 - 2014-10-01 20:40:14 UTC
CCP Greyscale wrote:
MonkeyBusiness Thiesant wrote:
Stain will be unreachable

Everything old is new again.

I thought the plan was to get more people involved in nullsec warfare, not to push them off.
Вы, Сэр, просто феерический долбоёб.
Frag Solo
Sniggerdly
Pandemic Legion
#1142 - 2014-10-01 20:40:16 UTC
Seriously ! the dev who get this idea must be fired now !
You will lost a lot of customer !!!!

So cap and super can use gate ? oki why not ! So super can dock ? if a titan can use a gate why he cant dock ?
Why they cant go in empire ?

Jump fatigue ? so stupide .... i lost all week 8h for logistique .... with your idea , how many time logistician will lost evry week ?
It's a game or a work ?

Reduce range ? so how come back to home ? we are in hophib ... http://evemaps.dotlan.net/jump/Naglfar,054,S/Hophib:DZ6-I5
So we sell all archon there and go back home ?

So all cap will stay at home ... and only the defender will use it
If your patch was already on tg 28 january 2014 ! b-r would never fall ! because cfc super would never came in the time for save rurusse fleet
and n3 would win this battle !

So black frog will disband , and the more happy for this patch his ???? Marmite collective !
You will disturb all logistique route , noob will must do their logistique theirself ....
Provi will fall ... because N3 will need this space for cyno ...
Tenerifis and all deep space region will be rented ...

And dont say we dont need to go to jita .... in all region .... we cant find all moon so we cant do all reaction ... so we cant craft T2 in 0.0 without jita ...
And i dont talk about T3 ....

So you want come back in 2003 ? all in abbadon ?no cap ! and no customer as in 2003 ?

This is realy the worst idea ! fire the man who imagine this **** ! delete the post and the dev block and forget all !

Star citizen will be ready in 2015 ! this is not the moment for a big fail !

@Frag_Solo

EVE Paris , EVE Vegas , EVE Fanfest .... I was there

Undefeated champion of Valkyrie

Complaints Department AT Team Captain and director

Alislanna
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1143 - 2014-10-01 20:40:36 UTC
Can someone tell me where the downvote button is?

Dear CCP, you are drunk. Go sleep this one off. Ok?
flakeys
Doomheim
#1144 - 2014-10-01 20:41:02 UTC
Gillia Winddancer wrote:
Nagarisai wrote:
bp920091 wrote:
Congratulations CCP, you've made Stain and just about every single NPC 0.0 region uninhabitable.

Good job, I couldnt have created a faster way to kill smaller groups if i tried.

totally agree from your brothers in venal!, you will cut us off logistically from the rest of new eden.........i just dont know what to say.........theres gotta be a better way that this??

Thought that there were lots of ways already. Interceptors, deep space transports, convoys....you know, all the things that the stone-age players from around 2006 used?

Actually we just used badgers and bestowers and managed to get into every region we wanted.

I guess we where gods eh ....

We are all born ignorant, but one must work hard to remain stupid.

Dirk Smacker
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1145 - 2014-10-01 20:41:37 UTC
After reading this thread, I think it is clear who will rule EVE after these changes: Alliances you can camp into their NPC homes with 5 domis and a bubble.

I guess once you have a signature, you cannot have a blank one.

Crowned-Clown
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1146 - 2014-10-01 20:41:41 UTC
This is one of the best changes this decade, it will create such a good pvp enviroment, dont get me wrong, we all like pvp. This will generate tons of pvp, if you get there.

I will call this book, a life of a travelling carrier.

A carrier is travelling by gate from 6NJ8-V in venal to his vacation home in Otsasai, there is only -20 jumps to travel through nullsec with bubbles and camps on each gate, but this is no problem at all.

He starts off undocking in 6NJ8-V
He aligns and warps to BV-1JG
He jumps into system and aligns to the out gate.
As the warp initiates he notices, it's only 99,5 au warp.
The pilot lifts his weary buttocks from his seat.
Goes into the kitchen and makes a fast dinner.
He still has 50 au to go.
He gets into the shower to wash his pain and anguish away.
His carrier jumps into 9-266Q.
He sits down and dries his hair.
He initiates the 155.8 au warp.
He walks into his hobby room.
Grabs the katana he got from his trip to Japan.
Then he sits down on the ground.
He slowly performs Seppuku on himself.

CCP <3 I love you, i will totally not find a fun game to play at all.....
Tora Bushido
The Marmite Mercenaries
BLACKFLAG.
#1147 - 2014-10-01 20:41:45 UTC
Quote:
As above, capital ships will be able to use stargates, but will for the time being they will still be barred from entering Highsec (that is a larger discussion that we would like to revisit in future).

No Jita 4-4 camping in carriers. Ohhhhhhhhh Lol

DELETE THE WEAK, ADAPT OR DIE !

Meta Gaming Level VII, Psycho Warfare Level X, Smack Talk Level VII.

Sizeof Void
Ninja Suicide Squadron
#1148 - 2014-10-01 20:42:07 UTC
Changes look good, except for the idea of allow caps to use stargates.

Once players can build their own stargates, the travel time and power projection problems will probably come back again.
Scarlet Intelis
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#1149 - 2014-10-01 20:42:07 UTC
If this change is seriously going to be introduced into the game, I think there needs to be a separation of carrier's ability to move ships via the ship hangar. As is this ability will be completely useless, so maybe shift this ability to another ship that has no offensive capabilities ?

Carriers are used in giant "wrecking ball" fleets now, but to most people their main purpose is as a suitcase. I wouldn't have any problem with this change, and I think most other people wouldn't either, if something could replace this ability, as this is how most medium, smaller mobile entities find content via deployments.

Maybe a ship with a 16ly max jump range, with a 1.25 million ship hangar bay.
Nagarisai
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1150 - 2014-10-01 20:42:11 UTC
Gillia Winddancer wrote:
Nagarisai wrote:
bp920091 wrote:
Congratulations CCP, you've made Stain and just about every single NPC 0.0 region uninhabitable.

Good job, I couldnt have created a faster way to kill smaller groups if i tried.

totally agree from your brothers in venal!, you will cut us off logistically from the rest of new eden.........i just dont know what to say.........theres gotta be a better way that this??

Thought that there were lots of ways already. Interceptors, deep space transports, convoys....you know, all the things that the stone-age players from around 2006 used?

love to see you get past some of the crazy ass gate camps on the way to venal, ceptor fine, but if you wanna move some heavy goods are you seriously telling me a heavy transport can cut it?? jesus man........this will just escalate pipe camping, bigger than what it already can be on some npc 0.0 regions.............how can you argue about this? there is a rich ecosystem of old players scattered across the game, who effectively just chill and kill, and have effectively stopped large scale engagements due to a boredom with it and the interest in small gang pvp, these corporations are never huge, but decently sized and there are many, in stain, curse, venal, syndicate etc etc, moving large bulk supplies say from jita to venal now, will be such a ******* headache it may not even be worth it!........theres gotta be a better way than this.....seriously
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#1151 - 2014-10-01 20:42:33 UTC
Happy about the medical clone change (about time that happened).

To address the issue about getting clones down into an area... you might want to consider the contract system. Allow people to ship a jump clone down into a system. Once a person ships the clone down (via freighter, interceptor, etc), they can jump to it.

Probably the simplest answer. They can then jump clone and if so, install their med clone.

Also the possibility of dead shipments of jump clones in a freighter sounds like a great concept.

Yaay!!!!

RDevz
State War Academy
Caldari State
#1152 - 2014-10-01 20:42:34 UTC
Why do you feel the need to make the most tedious, thankless, and time consuming task in the entire game - that of nullsec logistics - even more tedious and time consuming? Noone in their right minds is going to warp freighters full of moon goo or fuel blocks through gates. Instead, they're just going to **** off and play a more interesting game - such as watching paint dry - while they wait out the fatigue timers.

If you could do an Appendix A example of Little Bobby Tables deciding to fuel a couple of his control towers, then being unable to go on a fleet that's using a jump bridge because he's had the sheer unmitigated gall to use a jump drive in the last hour, you might begin to see the problem.

~

bp920091
Black Aces
Goonswarm Federation
#1153 - 2014-10-01 20:42:47 UTC
WASPY69 wrote:
Looks like the "everybody is a winner" theme park is imminent.

These are probably some of the worst proposed changes in a very long time, and if CCP aren't careful they WILL lose a ton of subscriptions. Sad part is... they probably won't listen to us and just go through with the changes anyways.

Very true, they didnt listen to us about the anomaly nerf, confident that they knew better, and guess what happened? just about all of 0.0 is a wasteland, only a few systems are actually worth ratting in for sanctums, and 0.0's held by 2 entities, and these 2 entities control these systems with an iron fist (or at least try to, and they are impossible for others (neuts) to rat in, at least)
Jokku
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#1154 - 2014-10-01 20:43:00 UTC
Only boots on the ground can hold land. Should be no different in SOV. Your high ends are up for grabs!...... UNLESS you're willing to leave a defence force in that area. Looking forward to having my end of space again!

B R A VO CCP!
Gillia Winddancer
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1155 - 2014-10-01 20:43:12 UTC
flakeys wrote:
Gillia Winddancer wrote:
Nagarisai wrote:
bp920091 wrote:

Actually we just used badgers and bestowers and managed to get into every region we wanted.

I guess we where gods eh ....

Most definitely! At least you were not spoiled kids like the pathetic bunch you see here now. Blink
CCP Greyscale
C C P
C C P Alliance
#1156 - 2014-10-01 20:43:32 UTC
Tenguboi wrote:
CCP Greyscale can you confirm this will affect anchroed jumpbridges too?

Yes, it will.

Two step wrote:
A couple more questions (and thanks for replying to my first comment):

1) In the past you guys have said that CCP will be attempting to measure the effects of changes that have been made to evaluate the change. What criteria will you be using to measure this change? What measurable things will you be looking at to decide if this change was good or bad?

2) POS jump bridges are supposed to be a reward for holding space. Shouldn't there be some sort of reduce fatigue from using them vs using a titan bridge? Otherwise, why would sovholding alliances build and pay for them?

1) Don't have that to hand atm.

2) "Supposed to be"?

If an alliance wants to rip down all its bridges and just use titans, best of luck to them.
Mr Omniblivion
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#1157 - 2014-10-01 20:43:38 UTC
All I can say is, good luck to all the non-cfc groups. We have an over/under on how long it takes everyone else to realize.

Also, we're expanding our rental program!

Get in to some of the best space in the game, now even better because of these changes!
Bamboozlement
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#1158 - 2014-10-01 20:43:59 UTC
Dirk Smacker wrote:
After reading this thread, I think it is clear who will rule EVE after these changes: Alliances you can camp into their NPC homes with 5 domis and a bubble.

Do you want to "rule" eve or do you want to have fun, it's funny because the CFC was happy with a metagame victory for years then they started crying about no content and stagnation and now they cry about this. RollRollRoll

F1 monkeys should just HTFU

I have a Ph.D

Gilbaron
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1159 - 2014-10-01 20:44:04 UTC
Quote:
Yes, caching is going to be something of a thing, but the amount of caches you need to get good coverage of the bulk of the cluster is large (somewhere on the order of 1 per region), and the effort involved in restocking them is distinctly non-trivial.

It's cute how you think that we can't/wont do that.

This is nothing but a massive nerf to attackers. I have always been a fan of your game design ideas and decisions. But this is complete and utter bullshit that goes exactly in the opposite direction of where things should go. We need things to attack that are not sov. Not reasons to not attack anything at all.
Eigenvalue
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#1160 - 2014-10-01 20:44:05 UTC
Glasgow Dunlop wrote:
Eigenvalue wrote:
VFK by ... oh wait, jump fatigue calculations... ... hmmm.... uhm..... ok never

by traversing a wormhole to get there . . .

You're going to bring your titans through a wormhole now? And I thought gate jumping was stupid for caps/supers.