These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE Information Portal

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Dev Blog: Long-Distance Travel Changes Inbound

First post First post First post
Author
Rodasta Dius
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#781 - 2014-10-01 19:26:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Rodasta Dius
Not allowing to reset your Medical Clone in Stations you are not currently in is a very poor feature:

1. New players can't get easily to their friends var away in null sec, they have to take gates and probably need to be a convoy to clear gatecamps. (FIX: allow for setting the Medical Clone to a Corp HQ)
2. You can't escape a system if it has the station with your Medical Clone in it, that is being 'Hell Camped' (Hell Camped meaning that all the out-gates are bubbled and hostiles will shoot you on site) and you don't have a Jump Clone available or an interdiction nullified ship. FORCING YOU AS PLAYER TO LOG OUT.
Reitora
Stripers Club
#782 - 2014-10-01 19:26:35 UTC
Let me see if I understand correctly... CCP is attempting to end the way it gave him the best publicity in years ... the capital Battle of B-R5.

Good move Lol
Dalilus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#783 - 2014-10-01 19:27:31 UTC
If CCP stopped spending all its time coming out with entitlements for nullbears EVE would be a much better place. I suggest the following:
-Let us play with the Jovians. They should have done this a looooog time ago.
-Increase by a factor of whatever the number of systems in EVE. Instead of making the actual ones pretty and full of eye candy create new content.
-Stop tweaking and twerking around with old ships, modules, etc. Make new ones, the players will cope and play with the new stuff.
-Slow waaaay down all the group play content, so millennial, and add more solo content. I've said it many times, most people do not like to circle jerk.
-Burner missions? Really? Has the popsicle that came up with something that popsicklish been fired yet? He/she/it probably got a promotion. Add missions that players want to play not missions that some nullbears suggested.
-The CSM is a joke as everyone knows, controlled by its nullbears masters. Get rid of it, pronto, along with the nullbear censors in that other letter soup entity that mostly censors carebears.
-Accept that griefing, serious griefing, happens in carebear space and deal with it. If not then just come out and say EVE is a griefer's paradise. Don't sugar coat it. Some experts say that up to 5% of the population are antisocial, you know psychos and sociopaths. If that is the devs target customer base there are hundreds of millions of people that could become customers. Promote it as such, which you already kind of do. Big smile
-Create a real aleatory mission engine with no two missions alike. Guristas, angels, Mordus, etc in Caldai space for example. Angels, Thukkers, etc in Angel space. Make mission running exciting, and oh yeah, syop the constant nerfing of high sec lvl 4s just because the nullbear BWAAAAAAmbulance is making the rounds.
-Nullbears like to brag that they live in the most dangerous space in eve, LOL, make it so. Have burner NPCs hunt them down, disrupt their mining farms, crash their battles, disrupt gate camps and basically make a nuisance of themselves. Oh the tears.
-Bring back the old doomsday. Dumb showy battles managed by dumb FCs would be over in minutes and POS bashing a thing of the past.....POS would HAVE to be defended and systems patrolled. Neutrals in system? A thing of the past. Imagine someone doomsdaying a capsule just for lolz. Billions of isk could be lost in minutes, there's the isk sink you've been looking for!
R3DRUM
Playboy Enterprises
Dark Taboo
#784 - 2014-10-01 19:27:41 UTC
Zen Guerrilla wrote:
This is awesome.

What a shame people can't adapt and instead just whine and complain.

Change is good. It's a broken system and you all know it. Sometimes change hurts.

Time to dust off the lowsec caps. \o/
its not really broken we have just figured out how to use current system to our advantage. we are humans its what we do . regardless of what changes ccp does we will figure out a way to work around it to our favor...... the more things change, the more they stay the same
Lugia3
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#785 - 2014-10-01 19:27:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Lugia3
This is good change. Good ridence, 50 man supercap fleets dropping on 2-3 caps 6 regions away. You will not be missed.

"CCP Dolan is full of shit." - CCP Bettik

Ravcharas
Infinite Point
Pandemic Horde
#786 - 2014-10-01 19:27:59 UTC
Overman wrote:
* PS: Don't let capitals go through gates. FFS that just sounds stupid. It will look stupid. it's antithetical to capitals and how we've all known them. I get that changes are necessary, but if you're going to keep some form of jump, make it a necessary and not optional. There are already discussions of nano-nig gangs and its going to be stupid.

If you want more things to blow up more often, that is to say if you want more content in Eve:Online - A Game Were You Wait Alot, capitals being able to use gates is a long overdue change. And it is quite literally the only good thing about this entire change.
Rroff
Antagonistic Tendencies
#787 - 2014-10-01 19:28:09 UTC
So basically the game is going to come down to who has the most noobie alts to burn and tidi the system til their capitals can arrive?
Ben Walker
The Northerners
Pandemic Horde
#788 - 2014-10-01 19:28:25 UTC
This is a very brave proposed change by CCP and in my humble opinion is very much needed to reduce / eliminate very large coalitions and lead EvE away from a stagnant null sec. Painful as this change will be it should eventually lead to more fun, diverse, interesting null/low sec.
+1 CCP Big smileBig smile
Blaqsunshine
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#789 - 2014-10-01 19:28:36 UTC
While you are at it, make it where I can unanchor my POS and fly it around and jump through gates as well..Twisted

Just sayin...
Logicat
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#790 - 2014-10-01 19:28:52 UTC
Sooooo...... who is up for some Star Citizen?
domino 8
League of Extraordinary Ratters
#791 - 2014-10-01 19:29:23 UTC
Nazri al Mahdi wrote:
The worst job in this game is nullsec logistics; it is tedious beyond any measure of fun. For proposing to make it 20x harder I will now pray each day for a volcano to wipe Iceland off the face of the earth.

I agree, making the dullest part of the game more awful doesn't seem a good idea.
olan2005
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#792 - 2014-10-01 19:29:31 UTC
i approve of the changes , i do however think in terms of range , the Jump freighter should remain unchanged in terms of range at least . This will give logistics in deep null sec a chance , to retain independence in logistical capability
Clolo
Perkone
Caldari State
#793 - 2014-10-01 19:29:38 UTC
Have you considered allowing caps to shed fatigue by jumping through gates? IE I have a 20 minute cool down until I can jump again. If I jump through 3 gates it drops it down to 5 minutes or some sort of formula.
Lord TGR
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#794 - 2014-10-01 19:29:40 UTC
Dalilus wrote:
If CCP stopped spending all its time coming out with entitlements for nullbears EVE would be a much better place. I suggest the following:
-Let us play with the Jovians. They should have done this a looooog time ago.
-Increase by a factor of whatever the number of systems in EVE. Instead of making the actual ones pretty and full of eye candy create new content.
-Stop tweaking and twerking around with old ships, modules, etc. Make new ones, the players will cope and play with the new stuff.
-Slow waaaay down all the group play content, so millennial, and add more solo content. I've said it many times, most people do not like to circle jerk.
-Burner missions? Really? Has the popsicle that came up with something that popsicklish been fired yet? He/she/it probably got a promotion. Add missions that players want to play not missions that some nullbears suggested.
-The CSM is a joke as everyone knows, controlled by its nullbears masters. Get rid of it, pronto, along with the nullbear censors in that other letter soup entity that mostly censors carebears.
-Accept that griefing, serious griefing, happens in carebear space and deal with it. If not then just come out and say EVE is a griefer's paradise. Don't sugar coat it. Some experts say that up to 5% of the population are antisocial, you know psychos and sociopaths. If that is the devs target customer base there are hundreds of millions of people that could become customers. Promote it as such, which you already kind of do. Big smile
-Create a real aleatory mission engine with no two missions alike. Guristas, angels, Mordus, etc in Caldai space for example. Angels, Thukkers, etc in Angel space. Make mission running exciting, and oh yeah, syop the constant nerfing of high sec lvl 4s just because the nullbear BWAAAAAAmbulance is making the rounds.
-Nullbears like to brag that they live in the most dangerous space in eve, LOL, make it so. Have burner NPCs hunt them down, disrupt their mining farms, crash their battles, disrupt gate camps and basically make a nuisance of themselves. Oh the tears.
-Bring back the old doomsday. Dumb showy battles managed by dumb FCs would be over in minutes and POS bashing a thing of the past.....POS would HAVE to be defended and systems patrolled. Neutrals in system? A thing of the past. Imagine someone doomsdaying a capsule just for lolz. Billions of isk could be lost in minutes, there's the isk sink you've been looking for!

Good thing you're not in charge of development.
Eigenvalue
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#795 - 2014-10-01 19:29:49 UTC
Lyris Nairn wrote:

A fully fit boot/slowcat only costs like 2.5b which is less than a week of ratting or mission running on a casual schedule.

Most mission runners are doing good at 100M/hour. Ratting in decent sov null is essentially equivalent. That's 25 hours of grinding. Are you considering grinding as a part time job a casual schedule?

Lyris Nairn wrote:

The initial price tag may seem daunting but they are fully insurable t1 ships and every nullsec entity reimburses them for the full price of the hull and required fittings (or they just give you a replacement ship) if you lose it on an op with an approved FC.

[/quote]

Sorry, I thought these changes were meant to enable smaller entities to have a chance in sov null not just established wealthy entities?

New entities to sov null do not have the resources to fund SRP on capitals. Ask HERO about their capital SRP program, which essentially involves funding topes only. Hopefully some day it'll have enough revenue flowing to be able to do full SRP on capital loss, but that day is not visible to me.

And even once it arrives, I'm not sure its budget will handle massive welps on gates to roaming CFC T3 gangs.

This level of expense is limited to long established entities my friend.
Xanture Edion
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#796 - 2014-10-01 19:29:50 UTC
Seeing that jump cool down timers can be in the years. For selling characters on the bazaar, will it be now necessary to include your jump cool down timer? Since if done wrong, this could literally make a character worthless as a capital pilot.
Kun'ii Zenya
Hogyoku
Goonswarm Federation
#797 - 2014-10-01 19:29:52 UTC
Obsidian Hawk wrote:
I only use my cap for moving ships around so........ this doesnt bother me.

However, I can see the tears of hotdroppers and super cap pilots all around me. We needed a big nerf to super caps and this will do it!

Maybe it will when deploying takes longer and you are stuck sitting at your doing....nothing.
Lyris Nairn
Perkone
Caldari State
#798 - 2014-10-01 19:30:17 UTC
domino 8 wrote:
Nazri al Mahdi wrote:
The worst job in this game is nullsec logistics; it is tedious beyond any measure of fun. For proposing to make it 20x harder I will now pray each day for a volcano to wipe Iceland off the face of the earth.

I agree, making the dullest part of the game more awful doesn't seem a good idea.

I personally enjoyed my time in gsol. I would gladly return if asked. :)

Sky Captain of Your Heart

Reddit: lyris_nairn Skype: lyris.nairn Twitter: @lyris_nairn

Sygma
Appetite 4 Destruction
#799 - 2014-10-01 19:30:17 UTC  |  Edited by: Sygma
5 Light Years for a JF? You spend all that time trying to get people IN to 0.0 and now you want to reduce the range? INSANELY STUPID.

Hell, I would suggest make a JF 20 Light years. Whoever came up with this dumb ass idea needs a punch in the junk.
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#800 - 2014-10-01 19:30:41 UTC
Blaqsunshine wrote:
While you are at it, make it where I can unanchor my POS and fly it around and jump through gates as well..Twisted

Just sayin...

I support this as long as CCP makes a 10,000MN Microwarpdrive for you to fit to it.