These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
12Next page

Incursions... Bad war fought by the Sansha? :)

Author
Oresome
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#1 - 2014-09-09 09:09:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Oresome
Incursions went live in January 2011...
A new and interesting twist to eve that the Sansha pirate faction attempted to invade...
They took control of systems, locked them down, provided a new challenge, called in their big ship...

... and what?
We're in 2014, and it seems as though the Sansha invasion is taking quite a while..
Don't get me wrong, I love that they don't give up, because I don't know about you guys, I probably would have by now :)

Will/should the story continue to unfold, or not? ... does anyone know if CCP released anything further to develop the storyline?
Fr3akwave
The Mjolnir Bloc
Templis CALSF
#2 - 2014-09-09 09:11:49 UTC
Oresome wrote:
A new and interesting twist to eve that the Sansha pirate faction attempted to invade...
They take control of systems, lock it down, provided a new challenge, called in their big ship...

... and what?
We're in 2014, and it seems as though the Sansha invasion is taking quite a while..
Don't get me wrong, I love that they don't give up, because I don't know about you guys, I probably would have by now :)

Will/should the story continue to unfold, or not? ... does anyone know if CCP released anything further to develop the storyline?

I thought one of the main reason for incursions was to harvest people from the planets to refill their reserves of enslaved cyborgs piloting their ships.
Oresome
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#3 - 2014-09-09 09:17:11 UTC
Good point, they must have a huge fleet by now...
Jake Warbird
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#4 - 2014-09-09 09:48:25 UTC
So what's the story of hisec missions from 2003 till date?
Remiel Pollard
Shock Treatment Ministries
#5 - 2014-09-09 09:54:47 UTC
I may be very wrong because I haven't done incursions for a while, but I remember the lore being something like what Fr3akwave posted above, but also that Sansha Kuvekei is trying to 'save' capsuleers from Empire 'enslavement'. By sending his super-powered zombie forces, he is trying to strengthen them so that one day, they can take down the empires, and then he can take credit for their strength, move in, and be welcomed back with open arms. The guy's supposed to be totally nuts, so this makes sense to me P

“Some capsuleers claim that ECM is 'dishonorable' and 'unfair'. Jam those ones first, and kill them last.” - Jirai 'Fatal' Laitanen, Pithum Nullifier Training Manual c. YC104

Erika Tsurpalen
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#6 - 2014-09-09 10:23:23 UTC
Well, considering the whole capsuleers vs empires thing CCP is going for, maybe sansha will finally invade one we control the hi-sec systems...

Galaxy wide incursion anyone?
Ka'Narlist
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#7 - 2014-09-09 10:43:11 UTC
Jake Warbird wrote:

I think the damsel got herself into trouble again
Ocih
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#8 - 2014-09-09 11:16:44 UTC
Ka'Narlist wrote:
Jake Warbird wrote:

I think the damsel got herself into trouble again

The damsel in this dress?

Or something like that...

And the last time I went through an Incursion I was in the Jin-Mei Home world system, Lirsautton. You would think something like that might raise a stink with the empires but I guess not.
Crumplecorn
Eve Cluster Explorations
#9 - 2014-09-09 11:26:55 UTC
No story, just grind grind.

- Carebears

Witty Image - Stream

Not Liking this post hurts my RL feelings and will be considered harassment

Oresome
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#10 - 2014-09-09 13:06:06 UTC
Erika Tsurpalen wrote:
Well, considering the whole capsuleers vs empires thing CCP is going for, maybe sansha will finally invade one we control the hi-sec systems...

Galaxy wide incursion anyone?

Great idea +1 from me :)
TigerXtrm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#11 - 2014-09-09 13:12:20 UTC
Fr3akwave wrote:
Oresome wrote:
They take control of systems, lock it down, provided a new challenge, called in their big ship...

... and what?

I thought one of the main reason for incursions was to harvest people from the planets to refill their reserves of enslaved cyborgs piloting their ships.

So the Sansha are invading systems to gather slaves so they can invade more systems to gather slaves?

Much like the PLEX capsuleer, who PLEXes his account to play the game so he can keep PLEXing his account.

Boy, when CCP says we forge our own content they take that **** serious Shocked

My YouTube Channel - EVE Tutorials & other game related things!

My Website - Blogs, Livestreams & Forums

Arla Sarain
#12 - 2014-09-09 13:18:17 UTC
Sansha has unlimited power projection. Expect wardecs from Sansha if you don't pay the rent.

Maybe Sansha will invade CFC space and the game will just balance itself out?
Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#13 - 2014-09-09 19:44:56 UTC
Oresome wrote:
They took control of systems, locked them down, provided a new challenge, called in their big ship...

... and what?

Lorewise, the Incursions aren't to take over systems. They just come to abduct people, en masse.
In nearly all cases, they get what they came for.

We're actually kinda/sorta losing.

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Foxstar Damaskeenus
Caldari Colonial Defense Ministry
Templis CALSF
#14 - 2014-09-09 19:52:50 UTC
As many times as I have bailed out "The Damsel" I think she owes me at least a "quickie". Roll

Also, it would be great if from time to time some CCP devs would take control of the sansha fleets and murder the **** out of some of the shiny incursion fleets!

"[this thread] is a cesspit of trolling and flaming" ISD Buldath

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#15 - 2014-09-09 20:59:07 UTC
This game needs something more like the actual Borg that also assimilates players so that they cannot enter highsec but get really cool implants and ships but in order to get out of the collective they have to suicide their pods (or get kicked back to highsec when podded).

Yeah. That would be cool.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Ocih
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#16 - 2014-09-09 21:17:27 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
This game needs something more like the actual Borg that also assimilates players so that they cannot enter highsec but get really cool implants and ships but in order to get out of the collective they have to suicide their pods (or get kicked back to highsec when podded).

Yeah. That would be cool.

I would have preferred a drone incursion.

Rather than destroy your ship, they assimilate it, you get ejected and your ship is transformed in to a drone fleet asset. No insurance (your ships isn't destroyed and it belongs to someone else now)

I'd compare it more to Zerg, with hive queens and workers and warriors. A Drone Queen spawns in a system and begins taking over all traffic, pirate, police, us. The trade ships undocking at stations, if it moves, she can infect it with a drone virus.

Create rigs exclusively to protect your systems from the Hive virus protocols.
Torneach Structor
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#17 - 2014-09-09 21:39:56 UTC
Stupid idea for the day:

CONCORD and the other empires start running out of money to pay as bounties and LP, so all rewards from Incursions are reduced to basically nothing except loot.

But the incursions continue, and any constellation that fails to repel them slowly degrades in sec status until it becomes Sansha-owned nullsec space.
Dorian Wylde
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#18 - 2014-09-09 22:22:22 UTC
No different than the sleepers constantly 'waking up', or the pirate factions in general constantly invading hi sec in missions.
Jarod Garamonde
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-09-09 22:30:28 UTC
Torneach Structor wrote:
Stupid idea for the day:

CONCORD and the other empires start running out of money to pay as bounties and LP, so all rewards from Incursions are reduced to basically nothing except loot.

But the incursions continue, and any constellation that fails to repel them slowly degrades in sec status until it becomes Sansha-owned nullsec space.

With all those isk sinks in place?

That moment when you realize the crazy lady with all the cats was right...

[#savethelance]
Kitty Bear
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#20 - 2014-09-09 23:53:42 UTC
Ocih wrote:

I would have preferred a drone incursion.

Rather than destroy your ship, they assimilate it, you get ejected and your ship is transformed in to a drone fleet asset. No insurance (your ships isn't destroyed and it belongs to someone else now)

I'd compare it more to Zerg, with hive queens and workers and warriors. A Drone Queen spawns in a system and begins taking over all traffic, pirate, police, us. The trade ships undocking at stations, if it moves, she can infect it with a drone virus.

Create rigs exclusively to protect your systems from the Hive virus protocols.

I like this

drones are love
drones are life
12Next page