These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Test Server Feedback

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Hyperion] Burner Missions

First post
Author
Aria Jimbojohnson
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#161 - 2014-08-25 09:07:37 UTC
I was really excited about the idea of these missions, but the execution is *terrible*. The way they're tuned, it's basically "Gimmick fit a pirate frigate and press F1 for meh rewards" or "dual box and roll your face on the keyboard". Nobody is going to bother losing 100m+ frigates to try to do these once the newness wears off, the reward just isn't there. Very disappointed. These things NEED to be limited to only one pilot fighting them, or they will never be reasonably balanced, because anyone with an ECM alt can faceroll them with no risk.
Lugalzagezi666
#162 - 2014-08-25 10:11:08 UTC
Archetype 66 wrote:
I'm still looking for the T1/T2 fit, no links, no implants to kill the Blood Raider bastard...(out of Worm).
I think Wolf is the way to go, but I didn't succeeded yet

Thx for the fun CCP :)

I tried the wolf and with 280 emp dps at 4.5k I couldnt even scratch him.What?
Archetype 66
Perkone
Caldari State
#163 - 2014-08-25 11:35:24 UTC
Fusion or Hail is the way to go :) I got him slowly going down with it.
Lugalzagezi666
#164 - 2014-08-25 12:31:05 UTC
So explosive is his resist hole? I thought he has resist profile like usual blood raider npc, well, that explains alot. Lol
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#165 - 2014-08-25 12:43:16 UTC
The resist profiles of these NPCs match player ships, not the usual NPC resists. :)

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Archetype 66
Perkone
Caldari State
#166 - 2014-08-25 13:10:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Archetype 66
Yup, and the Guristas is really easier to destroy as you understood you have to hit it with EM ^^

Lugalzagezi666 wrote:
So explosive is his resist hole? I thought he has resist profile like usual blood raider npc, well, that explains alot. Lol

But still, with 330 DPS + Web with 220mm AC, it didin't went down very fast. But I didn't manage to keep my web active very well.

I revisited a bit the fit bellow. Maybe you could try that and told us if it helps :

[Wolf, Blood Raider Burner no link no faction no implants]
Fourier Transform Tracking Program
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Gyrostabilizer II
Small Ancillary Armor Repairer, Nanite Repair Paste

Small Electrochemical Capacitor Booster I, Navy Cap Booster 400
Fleeting Propulsion Inhibitor I

200mm AutoCannon II, Hail S
[empty high slot]

Small Projectile Burst Aerator II
Small Anti-Thermic Pump II

Bring as much 400's as you can, it's life ^^ Be carefull to repair all of your armor before reloading your SAAR, you should have just the time before going 0% structure.

EDIT : You can 'cheat' with the following for + 8% effective DPS on him

Synth Sooth Sayer Booster ~ 0,4M isk

+

SP-603 ~ 0,25M isk
TA-703 ~ 15M isk
SS-903 ~ 19M isk
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#167 - 2014-08-25 14:01:06 UTC
I tried the worm one. A few issues.
Several times I got into the position where I could not break his tank and he could not break mine, and I could not leave to refit due to the scram. I get stuck.
I thought I could speed tank the missiles, outrun the explosion speed. But that did not work. Even at over 3500 m/s, I was still taking full damage. Is this a bug, or do I just not understand missile damage? The sig radius bloom from my MWD should have only made things worse by a factor of 4, not 20.

Drones act all strange with him. They get in range, then stop following and fall out of range. I was hoping I could use web drones to slow him, catch him with a slower ship, and blast him. Nope, the drones do not stay on target.

Anyway, so far I failing miserably.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Archetype 66
Perkone
Caldari State
#168 - 2014-08-25 14:21:10 UTC
Vincent Athena wrote:
Drones act all strange with him. They get in range, then stop following and fall out of range. I was hoping I could use web drones to slow him, catch him with a slower ship, and blast him. Nope, the drones do not stay on target.

They mwd after him, then try to orbit at their regular speed...
Vincent Athena
Photosynth
#169 - 2014-08-25 15:10:28 UTC
Archetype 66 wrote:
Vincent Athena wrote:

They mwd after him, then try to orbit at their regular speed...

I figured they were trying to do that. Sort of disappointing that drones that are faster then the target cannot properly engage the target.

Know a Frozen fan? Check this out

Frozen fanfiction

Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#170 - 2014-08-25 15:26:29 UTC  |  Edited by: Torgeir Hekard
Was blood burner changed after the downtime?

It seems to have gained max range on its guns.

Also it seems to be passive tanked now.
CCP Fozzie
C C P
C C P Alliance
#171 - 2014-08-25 15:40:11 UTC
Torgeir Hekard wrote:
Was blood burner changed after the downtime?

It seems to have gained max range on its guns.

Also it seems to be passive tanked now.

Yup some of the tweaks we made to the Blood Burner late last week hit SISI today. It still reps but the tank has been shifted to be a bit more passive and a bit less active.

Game Designer | Team Five-0

Twitter: @CCP_Fozzie
Twitch chat: ccp_fozzie

Ynef
Skill Extraction Slavery
#172 - 2014-08-25 17:27:56 UTC
I give up. Undoable.
Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#173 - 2014-08-25 17:37:46 UTC  |  Edited by: Torgeir Hekard
Yay! Kited the blood one.

Rail DD with spike. MWD and ionic required. Keep at range 35.

1) Web range is 50km.
2) Likes to pulse overheat propmod. Speed jumps between 900 and 1700. My DD had about 1450 speed under webs, so kinda scary, but he goes slower than me on average.
3) The overheat pulse results in 7km distance oscillations when keeping range. Given that he has about 18km scram, spike is the best damage ammo choice between the safe options.
4) The grid is not enough. 250km is such a perfect place to turn around, my love. No, seriously. Dragged him from one end of a 250km bubble to another and had to turn around. Took about 2 minutes to turn. Good thing he doesn't active tank much.
5) Took me 10 minutes and about 600 spikes to plink him to death.
Karina Adura
OpSec.
Wrong Hole.
#174 - 2014-08-25 17:41:35 UTC
I run into an issue with the gurista burner in that after your first attempt, if you fail, it is at least 40km from the beacon and getting any initial tackle is nearly impossible. Would it be possible to have it return when not agroed? (especially when it is 250km out)
Jenn aSide
Soul Machines
The Initiative.
#175 - 2014-08-25 17:53:56 UTC
Ynef wrote:
I give up. Undoable.

And yet other people are doing just fine.
Torgeir Hekard
I MYSELF AND ME
#176 - 2014-08-25 18:11:04 UTC
Jenn aSide wrote:
Ynef wrote:
I give up. Undoable.

And yet other people are doing just fine.

There are make or break things there.

Like having proper skills for certain assaults or access to faction mods.

I.e. the guri could be SO much easier (right now it's a gamble for me if I can kill him before frying my lows) if I only had a couple of faction hardeners instead of meta4 (because T2 won't fit). Or if I could fly enyo.

Or I assume one can pretty easily kill sansha with a retribution. If one can into retribution.
Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#177 - 2014-08-25 18:44:41 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
The resist profiles of these NPCs match player ships, not the usual NPC resists. :)

I think this is one thing that a lot of folks having trouble are overlooking. The outcoming damage profiles roughly match NPC standards, but their resists to incoming fire don't. So, pack EM damage against the shield tankers and Explosive against the armor tankers.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs

Lugalzagezi666
#178 - 2014-08-25 19:03:42 UTC
Bronson Hughes wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

I think this is one thing that a lot of folks having trouble are overlooking. The outcoming damage profiles roughly match NPC standards, but their resists to incoming fire don't. So, pack EM damage against the shield tankers and Explosive against the armor tankers.

If their resist profiles actually matched player ships, therm damage vs shield tankers and kin damage vs armor tankers would be better because no decent pilot would leave em/exp hole opened on a pirate frig with such tank capacity as these burners have.Blink

Matek Sorak
MMS Corporation
#179 - 2014-08-25 19:20:26 UTC
Sansha easy mode. No impl, no links. Can overload when his shield around 30%.

[Wolf, burner sansha]
Capacitor Power Relay II
Small Armor Repairer II
Overdrive Injector System II
Capacitor Power Relay II
Gyrostabilizer II

Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script
Tracking Computer II, Optimal Range Script

200mm AutoCannon II, Republic Fleet EMP S
Light Missile Launcher II, Mjolnir Precision Light Missile

Small Auxiliary Nano Pump I
Small Projectile Ambit Extension II

Bronson Hughes
The Knights of the Blessed Mother of Acceleration
#180 - 2014-08-25 20:04:34 UTC
Lugalzagezi666 wrote:
Bronson Hughes wrote:
CCP Fozzie wrote:

If their resist profiles actually matched player ships, therm damage vs shield tankers and kin damage vs armor tankers would be better because no decent pilot would leave em/exp hole opened on a pirate frig with such tank capacity as these burners have.Blink

Fozzie said that they match player ships, not necessarily player fits. Blink

I imagine that the EM/EXP holes are not as obvious as on player fits, but they're probably still the holes to exploit.

Relatively Notorious By Association

My Many Misadventures

I predicted FAUXs