These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Science & Industry

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

EVE IPH Industry Calculator Version 3.3 - Now with Live Market data!

First post
Author
baltoxtdl
TheDarkLegion Inc
#1481 - 2014-08-17 02:09:09 UTC
Chu Ke wrote:
just downloaded this bad boy

assuming it still wip for the new industry changes?

its old version, author is updating it to Cruis changes.
Savoian
The Muppet Show
#1482 - 2014-08-19 15:28:10 UTC
Man, you are my idol.
IPH is a must have for anybody manufacturing stuff in EVE.
IPH is not an add-on to EVE client, it's the way around :-)

Sav
Shiloh Templeton
Cheyenne HET Co
#1483 - 2014-08-20 14:29:43 UTC
Anybody hope it takes a long time to update IPH ... because it makes it too darn easy for the competition?
Lady Zarrina
New Eden Browncoats
#1484 - 2014-08-20 16:25:05 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:
Anybody hope it takes a long time to update IPH ... because it makes it too darn easy for the competition?

Yup every day or two, my spreadsheet get a little better. But I will definitely be happy when IPH get released.

EVE: All about Flying Frisky and Making Iskie

Clifton Oksaras
Doomheim
#1485 - 2014-08-20 17:26:28 UTC
BTW, Zifrian, don't put to much effort into recalculating the values of all of our Blueprints since they standardized them to have a max ME of 10 and PE of 20. If I have re-enter all of my blueprint data to make the program complete even a week earlier, then I'm totally willing to put up with it. Recalculating the values must be crazy complicated anyways, so don't worry about it :).
Warrio
School of Applied Knowledge
Caldari State
#1486 - 2014-08-25 09:12:33 UTC
This Zifrian guys really is a powerful stallion. Top work mate and thanks for IPH. <3
aruchra
Hollow United Garuda
Pandemic Horde
#1487 - 2014-08-25 19:25:50 UTC
Still waiting for crius :(
Retar Aveymone
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#1488 - 2014-08-26 11:32:52 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:

god yes, even other goonswarm isklords are sitting out of this bonanza because they can't calculate profit margins

neither can i, but i sure can calculate what the best teams + a tier 3 amarr factory means :sun:
Tiberius Zol
Moira.
#1489 - 2014-08-26 11:54:01 UTC
yeah.. i use all my excel foo instead.. bit harder, but still workin

Mr. Tibbers on twitter: @Mr_Tibbers

Mr. Tibbers Blog: www.eve-versum.de

Bitter Fremlin
Heimatar Enhanced Fleet Industries
#1490 - 2014-08-27 09:07:27 UTC
Tiberius Zol wrote:
yeah.. i use all my excel foo instead.. bit harder, but still workin

Filemaker Pro, Applescript and the Terminal for me Blink

And while my solution handles 90% of what IPH does plus a few things I want that it doesn't, I'm still praying for an update -- because every time I look at my kludge it makes my eyes bleed.

If I'm going to play spreadsheets-in-space then pretty numbers make it much more enjoyable. And Zif's software beats mine hands down in that respect!
Nex Killer
Perkone
Caldari State
#1491 - 2014-08-28 06:10:40 UTC
Keep up the good work!
Edlorna Tinebe
The Elerium Trust
#1492 - 2014-08-29 17:13:23 UTC
Bitter Fremlin wrote:

And while my solution handles 90% of what IPH does plus a few things I want that it doesn't, I'm still praying for an update -- because every time I look at my kludge it makes my eyes bleed.

If I'm going to play spreadsheets-in-space then pretty numbers make it much more enjoyable. And Zif's software beats mine hands down in that respect!

I know what you mean. I used Android here, but not the pretty kind. I've violated so many best-practices when cobbling it together... It's a monstrosity.
SJ Astralana
Syncore
#1493 - 2014-08-30 11:21:13 UTC
Bitter Fremlin wrote:

C#, web services, AngularJs, One Click desktop app deployment, TeamCity deployment pipeline, my profits are up 12.% percent over my best ever month, and even with the conflict of interest I also eagerly await IPH - Crius Edition.

Hyperdrive your production business: Eve Production Manager

ThePiachu Avar
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#1494 - 2014-09-01 11:02:21 UTC
A really great tool!

I do have one improvement suggestion - when selecting the list of blueprints to calculate the profitability, can we have some tick option to select only blueprints that have BPOs? Knowing that creating Gnosis would make me a bajillion IPH is great and all, but it's not all that useful if I have to find a BPC on the market. I like looking for reliable income with BPOs, rather than having to chase down BPCs for various factional or limited run items. Having that option in would be great!

By the way, are you on https://www.bountysource.com/ ? I would gladly put in some money to have some features and improvements to your tool ;).
Cyrus Ildemar
Perkone
Caldari State
#1495 - 2014-09-02 02:46:22 UTC
any ETA on the crius update??

spreadsheets hurt my eyes, your tool is the only thing that sooths bleeding eye syndrome
Gordonzero
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#1496 - 2014-09-02 22:55:37 UTC
Zifrian, Great work you got here really love the program. been keeping an eye on your SVN and from what i can see it looks like your really close to a 3.0 release. Keep up the good work.

Woops bomb shell ... the next version will be 3.0 ... secrets out
Bambi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1497 - 2014-09-09 21:35:11 UTC
Had to have a peek on SF, good too see you're working hard.
Once they finally get BP info into the API this app will be even better.
Bambi
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#1498 - 2014-09-09 21:41:16 UTC
Shiloh Templeton wrote:

I think we should kill this thread so nobody else hears about EVE IPH ;-)
skidoo
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#1499 - 2014-09-10 00:15:47 UTC
Zifrian wrote:
Quick update:

First, thanks for the support and all the donations, much appreciated. Big smile

Second, the update is going and I'm making progress but everyday I seem to find something that CCP has removed (industry API) or changed (formulas) that requires a rework on my part, OR new stuff that doesn't work as advertised (Teams). I'm fine with that but it just takes longer to complete. I haven't had to rewrite everything but the main code that does all the blueprint work needs a complete overhaul. So that's really taking the most time. I've been working every chance I can but had some RL stuff come up that slowed me down again but I'm working more steady now. Remember, I like to use this tool too and need it for my isk making ventures P

Finally, on the donations thing. I'd rather just keep it to isk and if you are willing, plex. It all pays for gametime, which costs real money at some point so I just see it as a fungible transfer. Smile

Anyway, thanks everyone. I'll post again when I have more info. Now back to work!

I am literally checking EVERY DAY and EVERY DAY I am being dissapointed...... :(
Voo Leme
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#1500 - 2014-09-10 02:02:31 UTC
skidoo wrote:
Zifrian wrote:
Quick update:

First, thanks for the support and all the donations, much appreciated. Big smile

Second, the update is going and I'm making progress but everyday I seem to find something that CCP has removed (industry API) or changed (formulas) that requires a rework on my part, OR new stuff that doesn't work as advertised (Teams). I'm fine with that but it just takes longer to complete. I haven't had to rewrite everything but the main code that does all the blueprint work needs a complete overhaul. So that's really taking the most time. I've been working every chance I can but had some RL stuff come up that slowed me down again but I'm working more steady now. Remember, I like to use this tool too and need it for my isk making ventures P

Finally, on the donations thing. I'd rather just keep it to isk and if you are willing, plex. It all pays for gametime, which costs real money at some point so I just see it as a fungible transfer. Smile

Anyway, thanks everyone. I'll post again when I have more info. Now back to work!

I am literally checking EVERY DAY and EVERY DAY I am being dissapointed...... :(

In this site: http://sourceforge.net/p/eveiph/code/HEAD/tree/
you can see when he changed the code of the new version, so you can pretty much "watch" him working!