These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Missions & Complexes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burner Missions: -1 :(

Author
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#101 - 2014-08-18 17:04:19 UTC
They should have the pirate NPC try to warp out when it hits hull.

So you need a point/scram in order to hold them down and get the kill. Not fly 8km/s and shoot him from 80km away

Also, having the pirate warp out when 2 people are on the field is completely legitimate. Just put a scram/long point on the enemy before warping in your friends.
Owen Levanth
Sagittarius Unlimited Exploration
#102 - 2014-08-18 17:17:23 UTC
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:

So you need a point/scram in order to hold them down and get the kill. Not fly 8km/s and shoot him from 80km away

Also, having the pirate warp out when 2 people are on the field is completely legitimate. Just put a scram/long point on the enemy before warping in your friends.

You can have a frigate doing one or the other (barely) but not both at the same time. Hell, if you could do both, you wouldn't be able to apply any DPS anyway. Not with that speed at that range.
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#103 - 2014-08-18 17:39:27 UTC
Garmur says hi.

Also, I'm sure the Worm could have similar possibilities with LMLs.

the numbers were a little exaggerated, but 5km/s and 50km away is still redonkulous
Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#104 - 2014-08-18 17:52:44 UTC
I hope all missions become like these.
Julius Priscus
#105 - 2014-08-18 21:29:49 UTC
Estella Osoka wrote:

whats that?

payout = all lp and no isk?
Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#106 - 2014-08-18 23:27:58 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:

You can have a frigate doing one or the other (barely) but not both at the same time. Hell, if you could do both, you wouldn't be able to apply any DPS anyway. Not with that speed at that range.

You could get the 80km by dropping a Bouncer or Warden from an Ishkur.

Whether an Ishkur can be tweaked enough for 8 km/s is another question.
Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#107 - 2014-08-19 03:20:49 UTC
Nad'x Hapax wrote:
Jmanis Catharg wrote:
Nad'x Hapax wrote:
Maybe its been said already. When will these hit the testserver?

Wait, they're not?

The way some people were talking it was as if they were already on the test server. What the hell... people already have their knickers in a knot and they haven't even seen them in action? Get a grip...

Dont get me wrong. They might be, I have no idea and I dont want to sit on the testserver for an undetermined amount of time to maybe get to run one.

So let me rephrase: Are there missions on the testserver? If not anyone knows when they will be?

Also: +1 CCP

not yet, Fozzie says soon™ https://forums.eveonline.com/default.aspx?g=posts&t=366980&find=unread

and they will disable normal missions for a while so the players can go test the burner missions.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#108 - 2014-08-19 04:49:58 UTC
I honestly cannot find a way to look at these missions in a way this is not positive. What is not to like? New content, new challenges for PvE, at least for a couple of days before they get figured out. Rewards being tweaked to stay in line with current lvl 4 missions. Some attempt to prevent blitz-farming by mixing them in with lvl 4s instead of dedicated agents.

It all seems pretty well thought out to me.

What I hear in this thread and the feedback thread is a bunch of jealousy bearing. Some people seem to be afraid that they won't be able to take advantage of the rewards from these missions because they don't have high-level frigate skills on their mission toons.

Good grief. Get over it already. And realize that if things work out, this could be the beginning of some nice things for PvE if we get cruiser, BC, and BS versions of these missions, which I hope we do.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Hasikan Miallok
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#109 - 2014-08-19 05:08:36 UTC
Glathull wrote:

What I hear in this thread and the feedback thread is a bunch of jealousy bearing. Some people seem to be afraid that they won't be able to take advantage of the rewards from these missions because they don't have high-level frigate skills on their mission toons.

Probably more that some people are obsessed with battleships.

To be honest if you have good fitting/nav/general skills to run a battleship then training into any of the assault frigates with T2 weapons probably will take about 3 weeks at most.
Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#110 - 2014-08-19 05:22:41 UTC
Hasikan Miallok wrote:
Glathull wrote:

Probably more that some people are obsessed with battleships.

To be honest if you have good fitting/nav/general skills to run a battleship then training into any of the assault frigates with T2 weapons probably will take about 3 weeks at most.

Bingo. Anyone who is running lvl 4s efficiently could be doing these burner missions by the time they get released if they started training the day they were announced instead of whining.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Estella Osoka
Cranky Bitches Who PMS
#111 - 2014-08-19 17:23:09 UTC
Carebear grind mindset. Mine roids while training for BS, training for BS weapons, training fitting skills, read EVE Survival, run missions. All other ships are not needed, or don't care about them.

That is what I am hearing.
Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#112 - 2014-08-19 18:09:53 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:
Desivo Delta Visseroff wrote:
God!!! Y U ALL Complaint so much. You lack discipline, dedication and creativity.

Here:

[Hawk, DualASB Hawk]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Small Ancillary Shield Booster, Cap Booster 25
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

'Arbalest' Rocket Launcher I, Caldari Navy Scourge Rocket
280mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

All your problems are solved!

lol is this a joke?

What exactly makes that fit a joke?

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

Owen Levanth
#113 - 2014-08-19 18:45:50 UTC
Bastion Arzi wrote:
God!!! Y U ALL Complaint so much. You lack discipline, dedication and creativity.

Here:

[Hawk, DualASB Hawk]

Damage Control II
Ballistic Control System II

Faint Epsilon Warp Scrambler I
X5 Prototype Engine Enervator
Limited 1MN Microwarpdrive I

280mm 'Scout' Artillery I, Republic Fleet Phased Plasma S

Small Anti-EM Screen Reinforcer II
Small Anti-Explosive Screen Reinforcer II

All your problems are solved!

lol is this a joke?

What exactly makes that fit a joke?

1. Against kiters, you die.
2. With a fit based on you staying close to your enemy, a energy neutralizer or vamp would be better then the artillery. In most cases, your artillery will miss most of the time. Especially with a hull that has no bonus to tracking.

My two cents.
Desivo Delta Visseroff
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#114 - 2014-08-19 18:56:52 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:

2. With a fit based on you staying close to your enemy, a energy neutralizer or vamp would be better then the artillery. In most cases, your artillery will miss most of the time. Especially with a hull that has no bonus to tracking.

My two cents.

You are correct when dealing with player characters who can think, adapt and counter a brawler fit. I do feel that against the NPC's discussed herein, within the context of these PVE/PVP hybrid, burner missions, I think once could effectively yo-yo the NPC into scram and Web range.

I'm sure a Worm would work as well, but I do like a good up close and personal brawlCool

I was hunting for sick loot, but all I could get my hands on were 50 corpses[:|]..............[:=d]

Chainsaw Plankton
FaDoyToy
#115 - 2014-08-19 20:02:25 UTC
I don't think scrams will have any effect on the burner npcs, I'd probably just go double web. Also a neut won't do anything. a nos might be useful, but I haven't tried putting a nos on an NPC in a few years.

and I'd probably try putting a hardener and swapping to light missiles for the kiting ones, depending on how hard they are to catch. t2 gallente and caldari resists should make the guristas burner loleasy to tank, and the sansha one well I'm not all that worried.

My biggest question is what pirate implant sets will each have, which "officer/faction" mods, and what gang links? is the serpentis "90% stasis webifier to hold its prey at the edge of scram-range" 9km or 15km? Will the blood raider burner have its long webs in addition to cap war? and if the sansha burner has an oversized AB that might be funny.

@ChainsawPlankto on twitter

Owen Levanth
#116 - 2014-08-20 10:18:55 UTC
Owen Levanth wrote:

My two cents.

You are correct when dealing with player characters who can think, adapt and counter a brawler fit. I do feel that against the NPC's discussed herein, within the context of these PVE/PVP hybrid, burner missions, I think once could effectively yo-yo the NPC into scram and Web range.

I'm sure a Worm would work as well, but I do like a good up close and personal brawlCool

Just remember, you're also in web and scram range (and some of them do scram, not disrupt) for them, too. Also some of them use afterburners, so I would switch out the scram in those cases for something else. Another web, I suppose. Since this fit uses rockets, which like all missiles react badly to fast ships. If you can't scram the afterburner burners, you can at least double web them.

Nick Starkey
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#117 - 2014-08-20 11:26:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Nick Starkey
These things should scram you and warp off when low or when multiple people engage. Otherwise it's just like 90% of the game that gets trivialized by alts.

Still, +1 for CCP for trying to do something about PVE, even if I think it won't be long til people start farming them with garmurs or worms.

I've made a signature. I hope you're enjoying it. www.evetrademaster.com - web based asset manager & profit tracker

Cerelem
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#118 - 2014-08-20 15:39:46 UTC
Julius Priscus wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

whats that?

I think he meant like...

Actually fun and a little bit challenging rather that just watching Netflix
Rezan Tepet
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#119 - 2014-08-20 16:20:48 UTC
Cerelem wrote:
Julius Priscus wrote:
Estella Osoka wrote:

whats that?

I think he meant like...

Actually fun and a little bit challenging rather that just watching Netflix

WHAT?!

oaramos: |oh-WAR-uh-mohs| _n. — _Term given to early Caldarian wormhole explorers. From Rataani language; literally, "Wave-jumper."  _adj. — _[see: "moss" "mossy"] slang— crazy, insane

Meldan Anstian
The Night Crew
#120 - 2014-08-20 19:18:17 UTC
I am looking forward to the burner missions.

There are lots of people who don't like the bigger ships, or more expensive ships. I'm totally cool with allowing people to do level 4 missions in ships less than BS and T3 hulls, and if the payout is about the same as a regular level 4, the difficulty needs to be increased, since your only risking frig sized ships.

I'm ok with being told what to expect in the fight. I think the next logical step is to have a higher payout mission and be told much less, maybe something like "your opponent is in a Amarr frigate sized vessal" and not be told anything about what kind of attacks or tactics that will be used.

Someone said that this was CCP's way of forcing more PvP. Ridiculous. It's an optional mission with no penalty for declining. What part of optional is not understood?

If anything, I see this as a way to ease newbies into more PvP, much like FW was intended to be. Cheap ships, presumably they wont be podded if they loose, difficult opponents, not being baited for a hot drop to kill your frigate.

Not everyone will like them, but they are totally optional, and could be a fun addition to mission runnners.