These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
Previous page123Next page

So I just autopiloted from Jita to Amamake

First post
Author
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#21 - 2014-08-14 03:45:20 UTC  |  Edited by: James Amril-Kesh
Asura Vajrarupa wrote:
How M'I Alive wrote:
lowsec is supposed to be about pure violence.

If you look at the ships killed in the last 24hrs on your in game map, you'll see which of the three security zones is actually the most dangerous.

There are four zones technically, and any appropriate measure of danger would normalize per capita, which the map doesn't do..

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Jessica Danikov
Network Danikov
#22 - 2014-08-14 04:29:52 UTC
Bring a ship worth killing and maybe that'll change.
How M'I Alive
Doomheim
#23 - 2014-08-14 05:05:53 UTC
Background and update.

About 3 weeks ago I had accidentally set my route to "less secure" before initiating auto-pilot through highsec. No, I do not mind being ganked on occasion.

Upon returning I had noticed my ship crossed roughly 20 low-sec systems in doing so, and yet survived. I then decided to test what would happen if I did it again. I autopiloted across another 30 or so jumps and then sat AFK at a gate for well over an hour before being finally killed. I decided to see just how far it could be pushed when continually moving. That bring us to today and this thread.

I am proud to announce I have just jumped through my 200th lowsec gate while continuously on auto-pilot in a T1 frigate.

Some evidence:
http://i.imgur.com/Ipy2Mll.png
http://i.imgur.com/kVT2qem.png
http://i.imgur.com/jg56XW9.png

Char name may be revealed upon death.
Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#24 - 2014-08-14 05:16:42 UTC
Ralph King-Griffin wrote:
How M'I Alive wrote:
while in a T1 frigate.

theirs your problem, do it in a hauler.

Or put a few plex in your cargo.

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Fr3akwave
Mercury Arms Inc.
#25 - 2014-08-14 05:53:19 UTC  |  Edited by: Fr3akwave
It all sounds like you believe this is an achievement. I'd say you just were lucky to not meet a pirate gatecamp, might be because of timezone issues.

Otherwise, i can tell you from experience, that FW dudes (who usually fly frigs) dont give a **** about neutral T1 frigs crossing your gatecamp, because as other people already stated, if you agress someone, you get the gateguns, and they hurt.

So yeah. If you want to die, bring somthing worth killing and not a ship that probably isnt even worth the sec status loss. Or at least learn your aggression mechanics before you post about miracles.
How M'I Alive
Doomheim
#26 - 2014-08-14 07:51:02 UTC
After a jaw-dropping 302 jumps, my ship was finally removed from space. My only regret is not reaching the 500 mark. One day... one day.
Ocih
Space Mermaids
#27 - 2014-08-14 08:26:34 UTC
Try the same experiment in an empty bestower.
Adrie Atticus
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#28 - 2014-08-14 08:47:58 UTC
How M'I Alive wrote:
I have now autopiloted from Jita ---> Amamake, followed by Amamake ---> Maseera.
That is a total of 67 jumps through lowsec, on autopilot, while in a T1 frigate.

Still alive.
Seriously shocked right now.
Perhaps this thread can serve as motivation for pilots to be less scared about doing things in low....

AP is only a risk if you happen to cross mouth breathing specimens of CODE.
Sean Apollo
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2014-08-14 08:52:00 UTC
Pretty sure this guys a bot...

Most people hate me...

Captain Soju
Failed Diplomacy
#30 - 2014-08-14 09:26:39 UTC  |  Edited by: Captain Soju
How M'I Alive wrote:
Started the autopilot about 2 hours ago. Went to shower and eat, watched some news. Came back and low and behold; I'm alive and AFK at a gate in Amamake.

I have done this once before; it took 2 hours 45 minutes or so for someone to finally shoot me down,

So my question is: What the hell is wrong with you guys? This is supposed to be a violent game, and lowsec is supposed to be about pure violence. I've read who knows how many threads about how much PvP there is in FW.

So much PVP I can autopilot through large swathes of FW space unharmed in a freakin' T1 frigate.

CURRENT JUMP COUNT: 302 and dead

Background and update.

About 3 weeks ago I had accidentally set my route to "less secure" before initiating auto-pilot through highsec. No, I do not mind being ganked on occasion.

Upon returning I had noticed my ship crossed roughly 20 low-sec systems in doing so, and yet survived. I then decided to test what would happen if I did it again. I autopiloted across another 30 or so jumps and then sat AFK at a gate for well over an hour before being finally killed. I decided to see just how far it could be pushed when continually moving. That bring us to today and this thread.

Some evidence:
http://i.imgur.com/Ipy2Mll.png
http://i.imgur.com/kVT2qem.png
http://i.imgur.com/jg56XW9.png

Char name may be revealed upon death, mainly for the amusement of those who might have seen me passing through.

After 302 jumps I have finally been shot down. Pod was shot a jump or two later. Well guys, that is some active PvP let me tell you. Truly a ruthless area this lowsec.

You're not juicy enough to be worth bothering the standings penalty
Super spikinator
Hegemonous Conscripts
#31 - 2014-08-14 09:34:21 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:
How M'I Alive wrote:
while in a T1 frigate.

Just fit a cyno and watch gatecampers scamper when you light it.Lol

That is just plain evil. Until you run into that one gatecamp where they drop a cyno in reply.
Tara Read
Blackwater USA Inc.
Pandemic Horde
#32 - 2014-08-14 12:57:23 UTC
No one gives a **** about a T1 Frigate sport. Might I suggest a Prophecy named "Not PL bait"? No one will screw with you because on the end of it will be a bunch of bored neckbeards waiting to drop Supers for the sake of "gud fights."

Speaking of which I saw a bait Prophecy and Domi depart from the black gate of Amamake yesterday. Come on PL need more convincing bait than that.
Zero Sum Gain
FREEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEDOOOOOOOOM
#33 - 2014-08-14 13:08:09 UTC
Yang Aurilen wrote:
How M'I Alive wrote:
while in a T1 frigate.

Would be amazing if freighters got a high slot and did this. They could hot drop freighter armies upon freighters.
Yang Aurilen
State War Academy
Caldari State
#34 - 2014-08-14 13:11:56 UTC
Super spikinator wrote:
Yang Aurilen wrote:
How M'I Alive wrote:
while in a T1 frigate.

That is just plain evil. Until you run into that one gatecamp where they drop a cyno in reply.

cyno gatecamp. Everyone lights cyno and counter drops with more cyno ships.

Post with your NPC alt main and not your main main alt!

Jarnis McPieksu
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#35 - 2014-08-14 13:28:09 UTC
Tara Read wrote:
No one gives a **** about a T1 Frigate sport. Might I suggest a Prophecy named "Not PL bait"? No one will screw with you because on the end of it will be a bunch of bored neckbeards waiting to drop Supers for the sake of "gud fights."

Speaking of which I saw a bait Prophecy and Domi depart from the black gate of Amamake yesterday. Come on PL need more convincing bait than that.

Lies. PL hardly ever drop supers on subcaps.

Black ops? Carriers? Yeah, those are tossed around from time to time. Doesn't mean that every lone Prophecy out there is a bait. Less paranoia, more pew.
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#36 - 2014-08-14 13:45:38 UTC
Jarnis McPieksu wrote:
Tara Read wrote:

Lies. PL hardly ever drop supers on subcaps.

Black ops? Carriers? Yeah, those are tossed around from time to time. Doesn't mean that every lone Prophecy out there is a bait. Less paranoia, more pew.

Oh sure that is what you want us to think!
Its not paranoia if they really do have cloaking teleporting super ships!
Alice Saki
Nocturnal Romance
Cynosural Field Theory.
#37 - 2014-08-14 13:56:00 UTC
Low Sec = Frigs EVERYWHERE (With Stabs) xD

I assume you had decent sec status so none of said frigs would even try...

Because of the easy way now to go from -10 to 0.1 alot of people are not even red... Like myself CCP made it so easy to fix my Sec Status I've done it all on my -10 toons...

FREEZE! Drop the LIKES AND WALK AWAY! - Currenly rebuilding gaming machine, I will Return.

Fredfredbug4
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#38 - 2014-08-14 13:56:05 UTC
You're in a t1 frigate. Not worth the time for a lot of people. Especially considering how you could be a scout or a tackle for your friends. T1 frigates decently quick and don't spend a lot of time on gate even when autopiloting.

Do it again in a hauler with decent loot.

Watch_ Fred Fred Frederation_ and stop [u]cryptozoologist[/u]! Fight against the brutal genocide of fictional creatures across New Eden! Is that a metaphor? Probably not, but the fru-fru- people will sure love it!

Private Pineapple
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#39 - 2014-08-14 14:00:56 UTC
Try a mining ship

Ka'Narlist
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#40 - 2014-08-14 14:22:53 UTC
Well sometimes you are lucky other times you are not.

While moving a cyno alt through low sec yesterday I jumped through a gate and saw the 4 flashing guys in local before the grid had loaded. I immediatly thought "great I bet they are camping the gate I'm coming through Roll" and indeed they where, but luckily they where shooting someone else who must have come through a bit earlier. So I could just move on my way undisturbed.

When a few months ago I tried to test if you really can reach another gate by just microwarp driving from one gate in a very fast moving cap stable frig, I left the PC alone and came back to a killmail. It seems some guys probed me down and outran me to catch me. Must have been very determined to kill me.
Previous page123Next page