These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Whats your favorite nerf?

Author
Riot Girl
You'll Cowards Don't Even Smoke Crack
#21 - 2014-08-09 21:55:32 UTC
Best nerf - T3 cruisers
Worst nerf - T2 rigs please never
Oxylan
QRDELESH - Mutual Admiration Society
#22 - 2014-08-09 21:59:34 UTC
Long time ago speed - mwd nerf, everyone on nano vagabond...

If it bleed we can kill it.

Marsha Mallow
#23 - 2014-08-09 22:06:19 UTC
Draeks.

I seem to recall every single alliance I was in at some point smugly unveiling their 'new, amazing fleet comp' and me sitting there thinking 'Oh fgs, I'm not wearing that'. Grrr chav lego ship. Caldari lovers are literally the worst people in game.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#24 - 2014-08-09 22:07:13 UTC
Marsha Mallow wrote:
Draeks.

I seem to recall every single alliance I was in at some point smugly unveiling their 'new, amazing fleet comp' and me sitting there thinking 'Oh fgs, I'm not wearing that'. Grrr chav lego ship. Caldari lovers are literally the worst people in game.

You must admit that the new Moa is pretty sharp.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

Marsha Mallow
#25 - 2014-08-10 00:51:09 UTC
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
You must admit that the new Moa is pretty sharp.

Still looks like a chicken somehow Lol
The Wyvern is alright and the Scorp hull (spiney things ftw).

Worst Buff: Phoenix
I burst out laughing whenever I see one but now they are not-so-terrible nobody else does.

Ripard Teg > For the morons in the room:

Sweets > U can dd my face any day

Mocam
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#26 - 2014-08-10 01:29:04 UTC
#1 Removal of Learning Skills.
#2 Insurance changes.
#3 Dramiel changes. (very well done)
Christopher Mabata
Sentinel Incorporium
#27 - 2014-08-10 03:22:18 UTC
Removing cruise missiles from bombers and nerfing them from where they were. I miss 120km frigate alpha from a frigate

QQ

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Brea Lafail
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#28 - 2014-08-10 03:25:53 UTC
Nano nerf, no contest.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#29 - 2014-08-10 03:50:33 UTC
Mocam wrote:
#1 Removal of Learning Skills.

I'd consider that a buff.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Liam Inkuras
dead.Orbit
#30 - 2014-08-10 03:51:04 UTC
RLML Genocide

I wear my goggles at night.

Any spelling/grammatical errors come complimentary with my typing on a phone

Milan Nantucket
Doomheim
#31 - 2014-08-10 04:00:51 UTC
They nerfed proper gate camping... used to be we could just sit on a gate and people would warp to the gate @15km...

Carebears cried a howling cry and voila... warp to 0 was invented.
Herr Wilkus
Aggressive Salvage Services LLC
#32 - 2014-08-10 04:02:27 UTC

Across the board resistance nerf from 5% to 4%.
Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#33 - 2014-08-10 04:46:57 UTC  |  Edited by: Herzog Wolfhammer
Cipher Jones wrote:
Since I started in 2009 every single aspect of the game has been nerfed in some way. My favorite is when they made sleepers start draining cap as intended, so that you could no longer efficiently solo C3's in a drake. My second favorite is the current loot nerf via reprocessing, especially fun considering the recent Marauder overhaul and introduction of the MTU.

Whats your fav? Discuss.

My favorite nerf I found out the hard way.

Back when exploration sites were also combat sites, meaning before you could hack or analyze anything you had to kill the baddies. I used to run them in an exploration fit Cyclone that, being an exploration fit, sucked for combat.

So what I used to do - and this even worked on sleepers - was draw them off running a 100MN AB and drone fu and once I was far enough, and the NPCs as well, I would warp in top of the cans and then hack/anal and loot and run off usually just as they were beginning to fire on me. In nullsec I would use drones to distract NPCs at my start point, arc in, and hack/anal in the middle of combat and then run off when I was done.

And then one day....

I got the message "You cannot open the container while it's still being defended" (or something like that).

Well. So much for that. What?

Of course now exploration sites are no longer also combat sites.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Herzog Wolfhammer
Sigma Special Tactics Group
#34 - 2014-08-10 04:48:50 UTC
Milan Nantucket wrote:
They nerfed proper gate camping... used to be we could just sit on a gate and people would warp to the gate @15km...

There's more to that story than some howling.

Bring back DEEEEP Space!

Christopher Mabata
Sentinel Incorporium
#35 - 2014-08-10 04:55:28 UTC
Herzog Wolfhammer wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
Since I started in 2009 every single aspect of the game has been nerfed in some way. My favorite is when they made sleepers start draining cap as intended, so that you could no longer efficiently solo C3's in a drake. My second favorite is the current loot nerf via reprocessing, especially fun considering the recent Marauder overhaul and introduction of the MTU.

Whats your fav? Discuss.

My favorite nerf I found out the hard way.

Back when exploration sites were also combat sites, meaning before you could hack or analyze anything you had to kill the baddies. I used to run them in an exploration fit Cyclone that, being an exploration fit, sucked for combat.

So what I used to do - and this even worked on sleepers - was draw them off running a 100MN AB and drone fu and once I was far enough, and the NPCs as well, I would warp in top of the cans and then hack/anal and loot and run off usually just as they were beginning to fire on me. In nullsec I would use drones to distract NPCs at my start point, arc in, and hack/anal in the middle of combat and then run off when I was done.

And then one day....

I got the message "You cannot open the container while it's still being defended" (or something like that).

Well. So much for that. What?

Of course now exploration sites are no longer also combat sites.

I remember that, i was doing a site in a raven in low sec and i used to MWD off and get them to follow me and then warp back and kill them with cruise missiles as they tried to get in close again, but the whole time im sitting at 0 on this can waiting cycle after cycle praying it would finally open it for a measly 6m reward Haha

Of course one time i got the idea, Hey lets kill them then bring the scan frig in, and that day i lost the raven to a Sin/Proteus hotdrop XD

♣ Small Gang PVP, Large Fleet PVP, Black Ops, Incursions, Trade, and Industry ♣ 70% Lethal / 30% Super-Snuggly / 110% No idea what im doing ♣

This Message Brought to you by a sweet and sour bittervet

Ocih
Space Mermaids
Somethin Awfull Forums
#36 - 2014-08-10 06:20:52 UTC
Nerfs were always the 'thousand paper cuts' syndrome to me.
shinson20022
Vulcan Industries
#37 - 2014-08-10 07:56:17 UTC
Mine would have to be when they changed the original MWD and gave it the 1mn 10mn and 100mn.
Najenna
Caldari Deep Space Ventures
Brothers of Tangra
#38 - 2014-08-10 08:43:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Najenna
You all forgot about the best nerf of all time and it wasn't even game related.

BOOT.ini !!!! nerfed your whole damn computer.
Najenna
Caldari Deep Space Ventures
Brothers of Tangra
#39 - 2014-08-10 09:33:44 UTC
Milan Nantucket wrote:

Wrong wrong and oh btw wrong. CCP changed the 15km to 0 due to the database and the amount of book marks people were making. C.C.P. even reduced the amount of bookmarks a player and corp could have due to this.

So it wasn't about the players crying about the 15km warp in.
Arushia
Nova Labs
The Belt of Iron
#40 - 2014-08-10 10:14:44 UTC
Najenna wrote:
You all forgot about the best nerf of all time and it wasn't even game related.

BOOT.ini !!!! nerfed your whole damn computer.

QFT.

Also, I'm surprised nobody's mentioned both of the major nerfs to doomsdays. Nerfed from remote-fired AoE to local AoE to finally single-target.