These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Whats your favorite nerf?

Author
Igor Nappi
Doomheim
#41 - 2014-08-10 10:19:30 UTC  |  Edited by: Igor Nappi
The nerf to PG and CPU bonus from using only Genolution CA-1 and -2 with the introduction of CA-3 and -4. Bricked a few of my fits, damnit.

Furthermore, I think that links must be removed from the game.

Vaju Enki
Secular Wisdom
#42 - 2014-08-10 10:25:36 UTC
The infamus ore cargo hold buff on mining barges, it killed jetcan mining and the ore thief profession.

The Tears Must Flow

Igor Nappi
Doomheim
#43 - 2014-08-10 10:27:51 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:
The infamus ore cargo hold buff on mining barges, it killed jetcan mining and the ore thief profession.

I learned D-scanning stealing ore in a noob Bestower. Bring back jet can mining.

Furthermore, I think that links must be removed from the game.

Marc Durant
#44 - 2014-08-10 11:13:09 UTC
The first nano nerf was glorious. All these pro super elites whining about how solo pvp would be dead and how nano wasn't at all anything like fitting WCS or running away or silly. Hmm wait, nothing much has changed, has it.

Yes, yes I am. Thanks for noticing.

Marc Durant
#45 - 2014-08-10 11:13:56 UTC
Vaju Enki wrote:

Welcome to Greyscale's carebear vision of EVE.

Yes, yes I am. Thanks for noticing.

Dave Stark
#46 - 2014-08-10 11:17:34 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
My favorite is when they made sleepers start draining cap as intended,

you do realise, that's not a nerf. right?
that's a fix.
De'Veldrin
The Suicide Kings
Dreadbomb.
#47 - 2014-08-10 12:02:02 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:

Whats your fav? Discuss.

Let's see...drone goo was a good one. I was living in Colbat Edge at the time, and I seem to remember we were all like ShockedShockedSad. Having "mining operations" in combat ships was good fun.

Um...The dominion sov system.

I think those are the only two that have actually made any sort of lasting impact on me, myself, and I.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#48 - 2014-08-10 13:01:51 UTC
De'Veldrin wrote:
Let's see...drone goo was a good one. I was living in Colbat Edge at the time, and I seem to remember we were all like ShockedShockedSad. Having "mining operations" in combat ships was good fun.
Poo, dammit. The stuff that came from drones was called Drone Poo. Goo comes from moons.

Who put the goat in there?

De'Veldrin
The Suicide Kings
Dreadbomb.
#49 - 2014-08-10 13:26:39 UTC
Shederov Blood wrote:
De'Veldrin wrote:
Poo, dammit. The stuff that came from drones was called Drone Poo. Goo comes from moons.

Oh, you're right. See, it's been too long.

De'Veldrin's Corollary (to Malcanis' Law): Any idea that seeks to limit the ability of a large nullsec bloc to do something in the name of allowing more small groups into sov null will inevitably make it that much harder for small groups to enter sov null.

Billy McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#50 - 2014-08-10 13:31:22 UTC
mi grand slam wuz sappoused to kum with sassage

"Thread locked for being deemed a total loss." - ISD Ezwal

Shederov Blood
Deadly Viper Kitten Mitten Sewing Company
#51 - 2014-08-10 13:37:22 UTC
Ooh, I've got one! Slapping NPC corps with the 11% tax rate. Twisted

Who put the goat in there?

Pheusia
Vanishing Point.
The Initiative.
#52 - 2014-08-10 13:39:34 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Since I started in 2009 every single aspect of the game has been nerfed in some way. My favorite is when they made sleepers start draining cap as intended, so that you could no longer efficiently solo C3's in a drake. My second favorite is the current loot nerf via reprocessing, especially fun considering the recent Marauder overhaul and introduction of the MTU.

Whats your fav? Discuss.

Yeah the reprocessing nerf is my favorite of recent times. So many good things result.
James Amril-Kesh
Viziam
Amarr Empire
#53 - 2014-08-10 14:15:36 UTC
Removal of drone bays from titans and dreadnoughts, and the removal of drones other than fighters and fighter-bombers from supercarriers.

Enjoying the rain today? ;)

Tennej
LoTax POCO Company of HiSEC
#54 - 2014-08-10 19:57:28 UTC
The ICE nerf. It got rid of all the mining bots :) (oh and pretty much all the casual hi-sec miner playerbase)

You Miners think you have it so damn tough.  When I first started playing we didnt even have mining lasers.  You had to fly close to an asteroid.....pop a hatch and gnaw at it with your teeth.   - Bitter Vet

Jenn aSide
Dreddit
Test Alliance Please Ignore
#55 - 2014-08-10 20:09:33 UTC
My favotire nerf? Hmm, that would be any nerf that forces people who live in high sec to either move to null sec to be a F1 drone who fights for the greater glory of our RMTing null sec cartel lords or (better yet) quit the game altogether costing CCP the precious money the need to keep the game going.

At least, that's what Dinsdale keeps telling me, say something enough times and it becomes true, right?
Ugliot
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#56 - 2014-08-11 01:08:26 UTC
the NOS nerf

improved my life

because i couldn't use it

now i could

so i wish they hadn't Sad
Sobaan Tali
Caldari Quick Reaction Force
#57 - 2014-08-11 02:48:52 UTC
Safety System...why, oh why? In a game where one should learn the consequences of their actions or lack thereof, good or bad, not given automated noob-proof fuse boxes.

"Tomahawks?"

"----in' A, right?"

"Trouble is, those things cost like a million and a half each."

"----, you pay me half that and I'll hump in some c4 and blow the ---- out of it my own damn self."

Serene Repose
#58 - 2014-08-11 03:10:22 UTC
I've always been partial to the football. You can still break lamps with it.

We must accommodate the idiocracy.

Marcus Gord
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#59 - 2014-08-11 12:43:38 UTC
my favourite has to be when they 'fixed' the Orca fleet hangar (corp hangar as it was at the time) so that NPC customs could scan it for contraband.

they also didn't tell anyone they'd done it. no patch notes about it, nothing.

yet they fail to give any other way to effectively smuggle contraband in highsec without fines.

don't tell me you need to be faster, i've never seen anyone get away from customs without a fine, even being scanned IN WARP from a gate.

/rant.

In a few moments you will have an experience that will seem completely real. It will be the result of your subconscious fears transformed to your conscious awareness.

http://i.imgur.com/LM2NKUf.png

Milan Nantucket
Doomheim
#60 - 2014-08-11 13:05:01 UTC
Najenna wrote:
Milan Nantucket wrote:
They nerfed proper gate camping... used to be we could just sit on a gate and people would warp to the gate @15km...

Carebears cried a howling cry and voila... warp to 0 was invented.

Wrong wrong and oh btw wrong. CCP changed the 15km to 0 due to the database and the amount of book marks people were making. C.C.P. even reduced the amount of bookmarks a player and corp could have due to this.

So it wasn't about the players crying about the 15km warp in.

Keep telling yourself that... high sec is safe sec and click your toes three times. Oh look it magically becomes fact.