These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.
123Next pageLast page

Whats your favorite nerf?

Author
Cipher Jones
The Thomas Edwards Taco Tuesday All Stars
#1 - 2014-08-09 18:38:06 UTC
Since I started in 2009 every single aspect of the game has been nerfed in some way. My favorite is when they made sleepers start draining cap as intended, so that you could no longer efficiently solo C3's in a drake. My second favorite is the current loot nerf via reprocessing, especially fun considering the recent Marauder overhaul and introduction of the MTU.

Whats your fav? Discuss.

internet spaceships

are serious business sir.

and don't forget it

Christopher AET
Lethal Injection Inc.
Pandemic Legion
#2 - 2014-08-09 18:40:25 UTC
Tech

I drain ducks of their moisture for sustenance.

NIFTYGetAtMe
State Protectorate
Caldari State
#3 - 2014-08-09 18:41:09 UTC
Reducing Scorpion Navy Issue CPU by 1 so I now need a stupid expensive t1 damage control rather than t2 to fit a deadspace tank I've had on it for 2 years.

Either that or nerfing the Nighthawk model down to a Drake.

It's tough to choose. Help me.
Brock Nelson
#4 - 2014-08-09 18:47:38 UTC
Rigs for freighters

Signature removed, CCP Phantom

Paranoid Loyd
#5 - 2014-08-09 18:48:07 UTC
Brock Nelson wrote:
Rigs for freighters

This

"There is only one authority in this game, and that my friend is violence. The supreme authority upon which all other authority is derived." ISD Max Trix

Fix the Prospect!

S'Way
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#6 - 2014-08-09 18:55:30 UTC
The change to gravimetric signature sites. Finding anyone silly enough to mine in wormholes became easy mode.
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#7 - 2014-08-09 19:18:47 UTC
Christopher AET wrote:
Tech

Although this is one of my favourites, it's not the one Smile
It's the nano nerf, because it was really ridiculous before it.
Cipher Jones
#8 - 2014-08-09 19:30:54 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
Christopher AET wrote:
Tech

Yeah, that was actually one of the prudent ones from everything I have heard.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

GazBoi08
Knights of the Posing Meat
#9 - 2014-08-09 19:39:22 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:
Christopher AET wrote:
Tech

nano ninja DD titans used to be ossim :D
Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#10 - 2014-08-09 19:56:48 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Since I started in 2009 every single aspect of the game has been nerfed in some way. My favorite is when they made sleepers start draining cap as intended, so that you could no longer efficiently solo C3's in a drake. My second favorite is the current loot nerf via reprocessing, especially fun considering the recent Marauder overhaul and introduction of the MTU.

Whats your fav? Discuss.

I'm missing the punch line here. How did draining cap nerf Drakes?

I honestly feel like I just read fifty shades of dumb. --CCP Falcon

Cipher Jones
#11 - 2014-08-09 20:00:25 UTC
Glathull wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:

Whats your fav? Discuss.

You could easily solo a C3 wormhole in a drake when the sleepers were not draining enough cap; then they updated the mechanic. You could no longer solo the sites efficiently afterwards.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#12 - 2014-08-09 20:06:07 UTC
Cipher Jones wrote:
Glathull wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:

Whats your fav? Discuss.

You could easily solo a C3 wormhole in a drake when the sleepers were not draining enough cap; then they updated the mechanic. You could no longer solo the sites efficiently afterwards.

Right. I got that part of it. The part I don't get is what kind of a drake you were flying that needs cap?

baltec1
Bat Country
Pandemic Horde
#13 - 2014-08-09 20:08:34 UTC
Brock Nelson wrote:
Rigs for freighters

Pfff.

Nothing compared to the nano nerfTwisted
Cipher Jones
#14 - 2014-08-09 20:11:51 UTC
Glathull wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
Glathull wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:

Whats your fav? Discuss.

Right. I got that part of it. The part I don't get is what kind of a drake you were flying that needs cap?

One with 900+ omnitank, so active hardeners.

internet spaceships

and don't forget it

Glathull
Warlock Assassins
#15 - 2014-08-09 20:16:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Glathull
Cipher Jones wrote:
Glathull wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:
Glathull wrote:
Cipher Jones wrote:

Whats your fav? Discuss.

One with 900+ omnitank, so active hardeners.

Okay. Cool. I didn't know that people did that.

Edit for clarity: I didn't know that people active tank ships that are bonused for passive tanks and then complain that they were nerfed when cap drains happened.

Were hurricanes nerfed when HML got the bat because some people drove HML 'canes?

I think I'm going with that as my favorite. Those bastar** stole my HML hurricane and made it completely unusable. And I am pissed.

Felicity Love
Doomheim
#16 - 2014-08-09 20:52:15 UTC
.. my vote would have to go nerfing the ICE FIELDS.... single, worst, ISK faucet, EVER.

Tech, gets the silver medal.

"EVE is dying." -- The Four Forum Trolls of the Apocalypse.   ( Pick four, any four. They all smell.  )

Rhes
Brutor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#17 - 2014-08-09 21:44:36 UTC
Tracking titans just because it made Grath so mad.

EVE is a game about spaceships and there's an enormous amount of work to do on the in-space gameplay before players (or developers) are ready to sacrifice it for a totally new type of gameplay - CCP Rise

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#18 - 2014-08-09 21:48:25 UTC
Felicity Love wrote:
.. my vote would have to go nerfing the ICE FIELDS.... single, worst, ISK faucet, EVER.

Actually, the ice was not an ISK faucet Smile In order for something to be an ISK faucet, the ISK for it must come from the thin air and not from other players.

Examples of ISK faucets:
- NPC bounties and mission rewards in ISK;
- sleeper blue loot;
- insurance payout;

These are not ISK faucets:
- moon materials;
- ices and ores;
- faction warfare, concord (incursions) or any other loyalty point store;
Sibyyl
Garoun Investment Bank
Gallente Federation
#19 - 2014-08-09 21:51:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Sibyyl
Felicity Love wrote:

Not technically a faucet, as Ria clarified for me.

Edit: The strange mustachioed man got to it first. (seriously, Mr. Antihrist, I can't get used to that facial hair on you..)

Joffy Aulx-Gao for CSM. Fix links and OGB. Ban stabs from plexes. Fulfill karmic justice.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#20 - 2014-08-09 21:52:53 UTC
Never not nerf Caldari.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

123Next pageLast page