These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Wormholes

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Distance that you're being ejected out of a wormhole depends on mass

First post First post First post
Author
Phoenix Jones
Small-Arms Fire
#421 - 2014-08-04 13:40:52 UTC
Did anybody listen to Corbexx?

Stop derailing the thread. Ty

Yaay!!!!

Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#422 - 2014-08-04 13:44:23 UTC
Phoenix Jones wrote:

Do you realise where you are?

Complaining about the entire issue is pretty pointless because, as was shown with API, regardless of how much WHs want/don't want a feature, CCP will do what they want.

If thuggin' was a category I'd win a Grammy

Bleedingthrough
#423 - 2014-08-04 13:53:18 UTC
It seems to me that CCP does not have a coherent vision for w-space. You need to communicate that better and ask for feedback on your design goals. Implementing a mechanic without communicating your vision will fail almost every time and upset the community.
That said, I can’t wait for your dev block.

Rek Seven wrote:
Again i can't speak for anyone else but our corp doesn't need to poach people. Players come to us because we can offer free POS fuel, SRP and the safety in numbers that small corps can't.

IMO wormholes are heading the way of null sec because of CCP design choices. The small groups can't do anything to hurt the big guys significantly, other than taking part in corp theft (which will go once corp roles are fixed) and thus, people will consolidate into just a few massive alliances.

This is exactly what I fear.
I signed up for small fights and an environment that allows us to outsmart others. If CCPs vision is to turn this into a numbers game more than it already is I would be very disappointed. But again I would not be forced to speculate about your intentions if you communicated your vision.

Corbexx is awesome at representing the entire w-space community. Listen to him! If something is not on his wish list then chances are it is terrible.
Hidden Fremen
Lazerhawks
L A Z E R H A W K S
#424 - 2014-08-04 14:00:19 UTC
Oh, I'm sure CCP knows what they're doing. They're not altruistic. They want to please their breadwinners. We all know who they're catering to.
/tinfoil
Dark Armata
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#425 - 2014-08-04 14:10:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Dark Armata
Andrew Jester wrote:
Phoenix Jones wrote:

Do you realise where you are?

Complaining about the entire issue is pretty pointless because, as was shown with API, regardless of how much WHs want/don't want a feature, CCP will do what they want.

Come on.

The chance of this thread staying on topic after Jester appears is about the same as this change not making it to the live server.

Would be very happy to be proved wrong on this one.

W-Space IS Best Space

Noxisia Arkana
Deadspace Knights
#426 - 2014-08-04 14:16:29 UTC
CCP Fozzie wrote:
Good afternoon everyone.

We are indeed working on some changes to how ships spawn when they jump through wormholes. This is one part of a series of wormhole iterations we are working on and that we will be publishing a dev blog on soon. We will be looking for player feedback at that time.
The version of the code that is on SISI is absolutely not the final version, and is not running final numbers (the ranges we are working with internally are quite a bit closer than what is on this build of SISI).

We'll be posting a dev blog with the whole collection of proposed changes next week and we will be very interested in taking your feedback then. In the meantime I advise you all to not panic. Nobody is out to get you.

Hope you all have a great weekend.

-1. Normally I try to stay pretty positive but this is a turd sand which. Go home CCP you're drunk.
Longinius Spear
Semper Ubi Sub Ubi
#427 - 2014-08-04 14:22:55 UTC
CCP:

I'm stunned again by your 'devil may care" programing design style.

Not going to say its a good idea or a bad idea because honestly it wouldn't and hasn't mattered what the players really ask for anyway.

But!

If you apply this change to wormhole exits. Please apply the exact same change to cyno beacons. Fairs fair.

Read more of my ramblings on my blog www.invadingyourhole.blogspot.com

Ya Huei
Imperial Collective
#428 - 2014-08-04 14:35:11 UTC
Messing with the ability to roll wormholes is problematic. It is hard enough to find fights as it is.

If you want to make changes to the way wormholes "fling" out stuff jumping through them, maybe you should take the ship mass into account: the lighter the ship is, the further it gets thrown out when u go through a hole.

This will allow people to still properly rageroll but subcaps have more chance to require some slowboating to jump back.

The class of wh should also affect this so that people in lower class space don't constantly get shafted if they try to roll their wh's in battleships ending up 10k off the hole all the time.
Bleedingthrough
#429 - 2014-08-04 14:38:09 UTC
Ya Huei wrote:
Messing with the ability to roll wormholes is problematic. It is hard enough to find fights as it is.

If you want to make changes to the way wormholes "fling" out stuff jumping through them, maybe you should take the ship mass into account: the lighter the ship is, the further it gets thrown out when u go through a hole.

This will allow people to still properly rageroll but subcaps have more chance to require some slowboating to jump back.

The class of wh should also affect this so that people in lower class space don't constantly get shafted if they try to roll their wh's in battleships ending up 10k off the hole all the time.

This wont work! I don't want to sacrifice our Bubblecrushers to Bob every time we need to roll.
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#430 - 2014-08-04 14:46:30 UTC
How did people not see this coming? Orcas being spawned on gates and in POSes after killing a hole were obviously the prophets of this change.

You didn't repent and this is what you get.

Light Shock
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#431 - 2014-08-04 15:17:45 UTC
Industry changes influenced me to cancel 10 accounts, new WH changes now prevent me from trying out WH's as I had planned to in a few weeks. Well played CCP the remaining 6 accounts I had active, with majority training scanning skills to move in to wh life. 5 of those will not be renewed leaving me with this 1 account deciding if I want to go on with EvE or win eve.

well played ccp, hemorrhage those subs
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#432 - 2014-08-04 15:19:26 UTC
Light Shock wrote:
Industry changes influenced me to cancel 10 accounts, new WH changes now prevent me from trying out WH's as I had planned to in a few weeks. Well played CCP the remaining 6 accounts I had active, with majority training scanning skills to move in to wh life. 5 of those will not be renewed leaving me with this 1 account deciding if I want to go on with EvE or win eve.

Changes aren't in yet, you can still try them.

epicurus ataraxia
Illusion of Solitude.
Illusion of Solitude
#433 - 2014-08-04 15:23:18 UTC  |  Edited by: epicurus ataraxia
Corbexx, good luck with this one, large, medium and small corps and their members are agast and in shock after hearing about this proposal, the dislike is almost universal amongst those who actually spend any time in wormholes, and the delight of nullsec players and forum alts is very clear.

Stopping something once it has appeared on the test server is bad enough, but stopping something once a dev blog is written, is like trying to stop an avalanche.

So Good luck, We are behind you, and glad you are there for us, and representing us.

But you will really,really, need good luck to stop this disaster from occuring.

There is one EvE. Many people. Many lifestyles. WE are EvE

Ya Huei
Imperial Collective
#434 - 2014-08-04 15:27:09 UTC
Bleedingthrough wrote:
Ya Huei wrote:

This wont work! I don't want to sacrifice our Bubblecrushers to Bob every time we need to roll.

You 100mn AB cruiser will be back within 5K in no time besides whats the problem with risking a cruiser in order to reap the reward of a new wh ?

Light Shock
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#435 - 2014-08-04 15:27:58 UTC
Andrew Jester wrote:
Light Shock wrote:

I've don EvE long enough to know CCP doesn't give a rats ass about what the player community has to say. I'm not going to waste the time investing towards it when odds are incredibly likely this will go live as is.

They introduced it without any notification for crying out loud. By chance, a wh community member found out about it and ionly because of that chance finding is outrage and discussion taking place. This isn't a rare occurrence.

I'm just over CCP at this point.
scorchlikeshiswhiskey
Totally Abstract
O X I D E
#436 - 2014-08-04 15:37:00 UTC
Light Shock wrote:
Andrew Jester wrote:
Light Shock wrote:

I've don EvE long enough to know CCP doesn't give a rats ass about what the player community has to say. I'm not going to waste the time investing towards it when odds are incredibly likely this will go live as is.

They introduced it without any notification for crying out loud. By chance, a wh community member found out about it and ionly because of that chance finding is outrage and discussion taking place. This isn't a rare occurrence.

I'm not over CCP, I'm over thinking that they won't screw me over just because they get bored.
Can someone send a copy of the latest Merriam-Webster to CCP HQ so they can learn that feedback implies that you give a **** what somebody tells you? Because I don't they really know what it means.
These changes will likely go live as is with the message of "Shut up and take it: like so many other things (RLML/RHML)
Quincy Thibaud
Perkone
Caldari State
#437 - 2014-08-04 15:44:18 UTC
Of all of the things that need changes and fixing in wormhole space, this is what CCP came up with? I can't understand why this is even remotely a good idea let alone be a priority for CCP development to screw with. Wormhole space is one of the few places left in Eve where small gangs can still get good fights and now you want to make that less workable.

Papa Django
Materials Harvesting Kombinat
#438 - 2014-08-04 15:47:43 UTC
Ya Huei wrote:

You 100mn AB cruiser will be back within 5K in no time besides whats the problem with risking a cruiser in order to reap the reward of a new wh ?

Because it will need 15+ back and forth. For a 2b mass connexion for example.

Collapsing with Orca is already very dangerous, you need lots of precaution and intel to do that. And u can still have your collapsing ship lost on the wrong side of the connexion. It happens sometimes because connexion mass is not a constant, it is +/- 10% and you do not know necessarily how many ships go through to estimate the current connexion mass.

And small/young corps doesnt have necessarily have an heavy dictor pilot.

If CCP have the same whormole knowledge as you we are in a very bad position ...
Andrew Jester
Collapsed Out
Pandemic Legion
#439 - 2014-08-04 15:53:08 UTC
scorchlikeshiswhiskey wrote:
Light Shock wrote:
Andrew Jester wrote:
Light Shock wrote:

I'm not over CCP, I'm over thinking that they won't screw me over just because they get bored.
Can someone send a copy of the latest Merriam-Webster to CCP HQ so they can learn that feedback implies that you give a **** what somebody tells you? Because I don't they really know what it means.
These changes will likely go live as is with the message of "Shut up and take it: like so many other things (RLML/RHML)

BUT THEY LISTENED TO THE COMMUNITY ABOUT ISHTARS THERE IS HOPE YOU JUST HAVE TO BELIEVE

BayneNothos
United Electro-Magnetic Federation
Business Alliance of Manufacturers and Miners
#440 - 2014-08-04 15:54:17 UTC
I live in a C4, lets review how this will effect my life.

Rolling the WH under non combat conditions: Adds the whole one minute to the procedure... Jump WH, warp up to bm, warp back, jump back, rinse repeat. Only time ANY extra time is added is on the last jump as I for the rest you're waiting for the polarisation timer anyway.

Rolling while hostiles are around: Guess I'll actually have to use a combat ship to do it now. Damn CCP and them making me fight!. Ultimately it's a safety calculation as previously. If it's safe it's safe, if it's not it's not. Putting in a tiny more effort doesn't change that.

Other people rolling WH's: Makes it a bit easier to catch those not paying attention and means doing more than flying to zero on a WH and hoping things will work out right. People actually paying attention turn into legitimate fights now. Mixed gangs required with inties and long webbers to hold stuff out at range. More gang choice is always good.

Hole control under sieges: Bit more tricky now though with covops (cause they're lighter) spawning nearer the WH, not a huge deal still. Maybe we'll start to see suicide BS's used to bring pods back in? Jump in, eject, warp pod out.

Catching Covops: No change as they spawn close anyway.

Catching other bigger stuff: Means I need to bring along something to tackle (an Inty for example) while the rest of us fly over. Hardly a big deal.

Hauling stuff with hostiles around: Really no different than how it is now. Getting caught 20km off the WH is no different to getting caught at zero and jumping back. More options in defensive modules like neuts to shake off small stuff, ecm bursts, smartbombs become available as you're not blocked by the wh anymore. Means webbing things into warp is a bit more difficult, and by more difficult I mean I need to board a different ship. Tough stuff.

Jumping into Hostiles: Now here's where it gets cool. I have options now. Currently I need to assume I'll be scrammed/webbed/bubbled the second I jump through. No so anymore. Kitting ships are now an option (OMG the Talos is back baby!) Heavy ships that local rep are more of an option. Long scrammers, sniper boats, RSD's. All kinds of cool stuff becomes available when the fight doesn't exist start to end under 10km. Also means people have a much harder time failing out when things go bad. You will have to more often decide to re-escalate the fight or cut your losses where they are.

Seriously people need to chill out for a sec and actually think about things. It's really not changing much at all. The biggest issue with this is that it's changing WH mechanics to one that's a bit too similar to how a stargate works. I'd rather WH's stay dramatically different from K Space as much as possible.

But ultimately give it a week and everyone will have adjusted and we'll be back to normal transmission.