These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

What is the first thing you loved about the game?

First post
Author
Erin Crawford
#61 - 2014-07-25 16:04:11 UTC  |  Edited by: Erin Crawford
Undocking and getting that sensation of open, endless space...

I still think the camera should face outwards from within the docking port when undocking and not facing the station. It gives a much greater sense of one entering space.

"Those who talk don’t know. Those who know don’t talk. "

Josef Djugashvilis
#62 - 2014-07-25 19:15:10 UTC
I'll let you know when it happens.

This is not a signature.

Dalts
Out of Focus
Odin's Call
#63 - 2014-07-25 20:09:53 UTC
Well, back in 2005 I was happily ninja ratting in a 0.0 entrance system in my trusty Cyclone, when suddenly I got jumped by someone in a ship I didn't even recognise...

...a few seconds or so later I had been absolutely melted by the Absolution, and from then on I loved lasers and my training changed from Minnie to Amarr, it was almost poetic watching how quickly I melted.
Alavaria Fera
Imperial Shipment
#64 - 2014-07-25 20:39:25 UTC
When I was a newbie I joined a fleet led by the well known DaBigRedBoat

He told us stories while we shot POS and such in Branch

Triggered by: Wars of Sovless Agression, Bending the Knee, Twisting the Knife, Eating Sov Wheaties, Bombless Bombers, Fizzlesov, Interceptor Fleets, Running Away, GhostTime Vuln, Renters, Bombs, Bubbles ?

Frostys Virpio
Caldari Provisions
Caldari State
#65 - 2014-07-25 20:51:43 UTC
Alavaria Fera wrote:

I wish my FC would tell me stories...
Unsuccessful At Everything
The Troll Bridge
#66 - 2014-07-25 20:59:23 UTC
Frostys Virpio wrote:
Alavaria Fera wrote:

I wish my FC would tell me stories...

I thought like you once, and then I listened in on a highly sexualized graphic retelling of an abortion by a DBZ character.

BNI coms scarred me for life.

Since the cessation of their usefulness is imminent, may I appropriate your belongings?

marVLs
#67 - 2014-07-25 21:49:23 UTC
Music, it makes all that atmospere, that cool space climate (first start 6 or more years ago when You start in space not station).

I don't care about all that human interactions etc. that Seagull want more and more, i just want the best SPACE game...
Creamdream
Whatever Brah
#68 - 2014-07-26 02:00:30 UTC
The tutorials
Dyscordia
Super Elite Friendship Club
#69 - 2014-07-26 19:02:05 UTC
Red shift while in warp. It was attention to detail that really grabbed me at first.
Nikolai Lachance
Aliastra
Gallente Federation
#70 - 2014-07-26 22:03:21 UTC
The proper sense of scale. I liked that planets and stuff were the right size and appropriate distances apart. So many space games get this wrong-- presumably to make the space environment feel more interesting and populated.

It would be even cooler if things actually moved in proper orbits, but I realize that would add an order of magnitude of complexity to navigation and a lot of gameplay systems... oh well.
Bohneik Itohn
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#71 - 2014-07-26 22:18:28 UTC
The first time I right clicked a module and hit show info, and I wasn't treated like mentally deficient cucumber as other MMO's are so fond of doing.

Wait, CCP kills kittens now too?!  - Freyya

Are you a forum alt? Have you ever wondered why your experience on the forums is always so frustrating and unrewarding? This may help.

captain kikaz
Mind Games.
Suddenly Spaceships.
#72 - 2014-07-26 22:49:40 UTC
The fact I could take your stuff off you and keep it and you couldn't do a damn thing about it.