These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Let me tell you why people are killing highsec miners. A manifesto.

First post
Author
Russell Casey
Doomheim
#341 - 2011-12-07 15:00:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Russell Casey
Anshio Tamark wrote:
Hellen Kurvora wrote:

To the suicide gankers: nice work, keep it up.

And just what do you think would happen if nobody were to hang around in high-sec? I can answer that with just five words: The economy would die horribly. Seriously. If all the high-sec players were to move out to null-sec, who would produce all the stuff that is for sale at tradehubs? Nobody. Because nobody would dare move a convoy of freighters filled with goods anywhere in null-sec, maybe except for Goons, and as far as I know, they don't fly non-combat ships.

Highsec dependance is the reason nullsec blows, that and jump freighters/bridges. Everything people need is in highsec at cheaper prices. Mining and industry can be done there in safety without having to guard their PvE operations like in null. All that's required is to rat isk/drone poop and build some of the things not being jumped out. That's why there's nothing to do in null besides shoot rats and join blobs and cower in fear from AFK'ers.

If this highsec dependance were gone, it wouldn't kill nullsec because those living outside highsec know how to adapt, unlike their highsec counterparts who expect CCP to "fix the damn game" when something isn't going their way (fun fact: a "fix" in EVE online usually just means ten new problems replacing the old one).

Everything that exists in highsec exists in nullsec. Alliances rely on highsec for their supplies the same reason that so many individuals rely on it for their income: because it's more convenient and lets them amass huge amounts risk-free.
Tribalic One
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#342 - 2011-12-07 15:22:50 UTC
Dbars Grinding wrote:
Coke is a hell of a drug.

EXACTLY what I was thinking!! Or, WAY to much adderall Shocked
Sun Liping
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#343 - 2011-12-07 15:24:00 UTC
oh my, pathetic..

it is a game
a psychologist might help you realizing that
Devil's Call
Social safety
#344 - 2011-12-07 15:27:02 UTC
Wall of text crits you for over 9000 damage. Could you make a TL;DR version please? Like a conclusion or something...
Thanks.
Inago Yaki
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#345 - 2011-12-07 16:01:01 UTC
If people need a testosterone outlet, why not do something challenging instead of ganking peaceful highsec miners? For example... maybe trying to get some SOV in nullsec? Or -OMG!- even think about cracking goons' empire of obnoxiousness?

Oh never mind, that's OK. We understand that going for carebear miners is a lot easier and a lot less dangerous.
Mortis vonShadow
Balanaz Mining and Development Inc.
#346 - 2011-12-07 16:07:45 UTC
Inago Yaki wrote:

Oh never mind, that's OK. We understand that going for carebear miners is a lot easier and a lot less dangerous.

No no, you forgot. People that gank miners, are 1337 pee vee pee.

Some days you're the bug, and some days your the windscreen.                   And some days, you're just a man with a gun.

Galega Ori
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#347 - 2011-12-07 16:11:28 UTC
OMG wall of text. Hell as if I'm going to read all that.Shocked

CCP Eterne: Silly Player, ALL devs are evil.

Vimsy Vortis
Shoulda Checked Local
Break-A-Wish Foundation
#348 - 2011-12-07 16:14:34 UTC  |  Edited by: Vimsy Vortis
Inago Yaki wrote:
If people need a testosterone outlet, why not do something challenging instead of ganking peaceful highsec miners?

I don't know how you got the impression that highsec miners are peaceful. They are some of the most vile, petty, hate filled people in all of EVE. If you so much as look at their barge for too long you can expect to see local filled with paragraphs of text explaining how the reason you bumped their barge slightly is because you were sexually molested as a child and that it would benefit mankind if you and all of your family died in a fire because you did something they didn't like in a spaceship game.

Seriously, they aren't cuddly, fluffy bears, they are a bunch of rabid lunatics.
Inago Yaki
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#349 - 2011-12-07 16:49:46 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Inago Yaki wrote:
If people need a testosterone outlet, why not do something challenging instead of ganking peaceful highsec miners?

I don't know how you got the impression that highsec miners are peaceful. They are some of the most vile, petty, hate filled people in all of EVE. If you so much as look at their barge for too long you can expect to see local filled with paragraphs of text explaining how the reason you bumped their barge slightly is because you were sexually molested as a child and that it would benefit mankind if you and all of your family died in a fire because you did something they didn't like in a spaceship game.

Seriously, they aren't cuddly, fluffy bears, they are a bunch of rabid lunatics.

LOL Well, could be. But miners are peaceful in the sense that they only shoot rocks. If you leave them alone, you won't even know that they exist out there in the belts.
I still think ganking miners is for playground bully wusses. Who don't want to take on a ship that can actually shoot back.
Petrus Blackshell
Rifterlings
#350 - 2011-12-07 17:05:31 UTC
Vimsy Vortis wrote:
Inago Yaki wrote:

Now I want to get a 100MN AB stabber to bump one of these guys. Damn you for tempting me to do naughty, naughty things like prodding people with my long, thin ship.

Accidentally The Whole Frigate - For-newbies blog (currently on pause)

arcca jeth
Dark Alliance
#351 - 2011-12-07 17:08:03 UTC
get in the game....NOW
caladoor
Universial Standard Endorsement
#352 - 2011-12-07 17:26:22 UTC
Long and boring rant is long and boring.

PS see a doctor and get back on your meds.
Esan Vartesa
Samarkand Financial
#353 - 2011-12-07 17:27:39 UTC
This entire thread is a work of spectacular performance art.

Pure genius.

Now I have to read through the rest of the comments to see if anyone caught on that the OP is a statement on issues that have nothing to do with Eve Online whatsoever.

I particularly love the way you shifted the analogy back and forth, with the roles represented by the gankers and miners constantly reversing.

Bravo!
Esan Vartesa
Samarkand Financial
#354 - 2011-12-07 18:33:20 UTC
Titania Hrothgar wrote:
Hate? Disgust? Seriously? You actually have psychotic feelings for them? You think everyone should hate and despise them?

The OP sounds really disturbed :)

This is my favourite comment.

Yes, he does sound really disturbed. That's the whole point. If only we could see ourselves.

Credit to the following people for at least peeking beyond the curtain:

Krios Ahzek
Aine Morchet
Random Austrene

Again, bravo James.
octahexx Charante
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#355 - 2011-12-07 18:55:26 UTC
anything eve related that needs 7000+ words is probably not worth reading.
Wallimiyama
Republic Military School
Minmatar Republic
#356 - 2011-12-07 19:04:59 UTC
The original post is an almost perfect blend of troll and a$$hat. Too bad you wasted so many keystrokes...
Ghurthe
KRH Mining
#357 - 2011-12-07 19:10:05 UTC
Whoa! Look at all the tears. Y'know OP inspires me to go out and do exactly this... hmm I wonder what the best way to kill a large gaggle of Mackinaws is.
hundurinn
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#358 - 2011-12-07 19:15:11 UTC
Lister wrote:
I read the first two pages then lost interest - just one question however did the OP mention where the ore for the ships was gonna come from without miners ?

bots in drone regions stupid
Velicitia
XS Tech
#359 - 2011-12-07 19:20:45 UTC
Ghurthe wrote:
Whoa! Look at all the tears. Y'know OP inspires me to go out and do exactly this... hmm I wonder what the best way to kill a large gaggle of Mackinaws is.

Naga, Oracle, Talos, or Tornado.

One of the bitter points of a good bittervet is the realisation that all those SP don't really do much, and that the newbie is having much more fun with what little he has. - Tippia

Dunbar Hulan
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#360 - 2011-12-07 19:25:09 UTC
Never ganked a miner in hi-sec before, but after reading the thread- I'm all in.
Question, does anyone have an Amarr or a Caldari gank fit they could share? Also some basic tips on on hi sec miner ganking would be appreciated.

** Manchester United - Paul Scholes= Genius**