These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Warfare & Tactics

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Burn Huola

First post First post
Author
Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#281 - 2014-07-11 13:43:06 UTC
Christine Peeveepeeski wrote:
I am getting to fight the gallente while they do what they do and I'm loving it, clearly they have some skilled pilots and it saddens me every time one gets into another bloody derptron!

Derptrons were made to sadden people.
X Gallentius
Black Eagle1
#282 - 2014-07-11 14:05:37 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
I am getting to fight the gallente while they do what they do and I'm loving it, clearly they have some skilled pilots and it saddens me every time one gets into another bloody derptron!

tbh, we do this to try to even out the fights a bit. Just think what would happen if we showed up in real ships. The contested percentages in Huola would go negative!
Anslo
Scope Works
#283 - 2014-07-11 14:10:37 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

tbh, we do this to try to even out the fights a bit. Just think what would happen if we showed up in real ships. The contested percentages in Huola would go negative!

Would pay money to see this.

[center]-_For the Proveldtariat_/-[/center]

Andre Vauban
Federal Defense Union
Gallente Federation
#284 - 2014-07-11 14:39:14 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

I find it highly effective to place 100M+ SP pilots into derptrons.

Thanatos Marathon
Moira.
#285 - 2014-07-11 14:43:50 UTC
T1 drones aren't as bad as they used to be, I wanna try my hand at derptans.
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#286 - 2014-07-11 14:53:10 UTC
X Gallentius wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Not going to lie crosi I laughed XD

XGAL perhaps. While I respect your guys skill you don't use it as well as you could and untill you do its just words. The use of cheap ships when the guys i fly with are on grid (Not saying our presence is linked to that) is a shame. I was told you guys only worry about isk efficiency and the first day of fighting made me think that's not true. I hope in the future we get to clash properly otherwise i guess you and the majority of minmatar are pretty similar really.

PS just going to call out Elijah ghost here, he's not gotten out of decent ships as far as I can tell. Props to the man.

Not that my opinion matters of course :)
Baron' Soontir Fel
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#287 - 2014-07-11 15:19:33 UTC

XGAL perhaps. While I respect your guys skill you don't use it as well as you could and untill you do its just words. The use of cheap ships when the guys i fly with are on grid (Not saying our presence is linked to that) is a shame. I was told you guys only worry about isk efficiency and the first day of fighting made me think that's not true. I hope in the future we get to clash properly otherwise i guess you and the majority of minmatar are pretty similar really.

PS just going to call out Elijah ghost here, he's not gotten out of decent ships as far as I can tell. Props to the man.

lol

really

lol

Come try to take Eha from us sometime. We'll bring the thunder.
Anslo
Scope Works
#288 - 2014-07-11 15:21:20 UTC
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:

lol

really

lol

OH SNAP SHOTS FIRED

Crosi Wesdo
War and Order
#289 - 2014-07-11 15:28:04 UTC  |  Edited by: Crosi Wesdo
X Gallentius wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Make us. Why would we up ship? I have level 5 skills in every single subcap t1 and t2 (barring marauders and BO) hull in the game. But if t1 frigates work, why use more? Were not here to show off, just win.
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#290 - 2014-07-11 15:31:30 UTC
Baron' Soontir Fel wrote:

lol

really

lol

Eha and traveling there does not interest me, are you suggesting you only fly your nice ships at home? If so you just reinforce my non consequential, forming but not quite there yet opinion.

Ah well, we'll see i guess. It's all just forum burps anyway XD
Christine Peeveepeeski
Low Sec Concepts
#291 - 2014-07-11 15:36:29 UTC
Crosi Wesdo wrote:
X Gallentius wrote:
Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Make us. Why would we up ship? I have level 5 skills in every single subcap t1 and t2 (barring marauders and BO) hull in the game. But if t1 frigates work, why use more? Were not here to show off, just win.

Sorry for the double post here.

Ok crosi, that kind of sorts it out for me. Just another bunch of isk efficiency farmers :(
SmokinJs Arthie
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#292 - 2014-07-11 15:57:10 UTC
Ok crosi, that kind of sorts it out for me. Just another bunch of isk efficiency farmers :(

Right now the situation calls to lower the contested percentage. What's going to lower it more, 1 garmur or 80 derptrons? Also we can't hand out garmurs like candy. When the situation changes, our ships change.
Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#293 - 2014-07-11 15:58:51 UTC

Crosi Wesdo wrote:

Not true. We use the right tool for the job. Derptrons - as maligned as they are by so many - are excellent tools with a wide engagement profile, especially in fleets. If I can match the performance of your more expensive ships in a Derptron, why would I use anything more expensive?

With plex fighting in particular, more expensive ships don't generally add enough capability to offset their significantly higher cost. T2 Logi cruisers are a noteable exception, as are some EAFs and pirate/faction ships. In general though, T1 hulls are more than sufficient - especially in small and novice plexes. At that point it's a question of whether T2 fitting that ship gives enough of a marginal benefit, given your opposition and fleet size.

If you read some of the other threads, part of the issue we're facing in the Cal/Gal warzone is that GalMIl has shifted to various HAC doctrines that CalMil currently cannot match on most occasions. When the bling is justified, we break it out. If it's not, we don't. Simple as.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

Dread Operative
Main Corporation
Prisoners With Jobs
#294 - 2014-07-11 16:03:05 UTC
I heard the Amarr pride themselves with 'psychological warfare'? So far their forumfu and localfu has been lacking to say the least. If anything GalMil wins that battle with the Derp Doctrines, if the whining on the forums and local is any evidense.
Anslo
Scope Works
#295 - 2014-07-11 16:06:44 UTC
Oh god it begins

Veskrashen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#296 - 2014-07-11 16:08:36 UTC
Anslo wrote:
Oh god it begins

It's amazing how much sheer frustration, hate and anger come our way when we break out our Derptrons.

We Gallente have a saying: "CCP created the Gallente Militia to train the Fighters..."

SmokinJs Arthie
Jerkasaurus Wrecks Inc.
Sedition.
#297 - 2014-07-11 16:09:33 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Anslo wrote:
Oh god it begins

It's amazing how much sheer frustration, hate and anger come our way when we break out our Derptrons.

I believe they can ask caldari for directions to the derptron ptsd recovery ward.
Rajeet Achmar
Rajeet Achmar Corporation
#298 - 2014-07-11 16:09:42 UTC
Dread Operative wrote:
I heard the Amarr pride themselves with 'psychological warfare'? So far their forumfu and localfu has been lacking to say the least. If anything GalMil wins that battle with the Derp Doctrines, if the whining on the forums and local is any evidense.

You coming to save your masters? or?
Anslo
Scope Works
#299 - 2014-07-11 16:10:10 UTC
Veskrashen wrote:
Anslo wrote:
Oh god it begins

Derptrons are love and life.

Even Snuff agrees. I think.

Dread Operative
Main Corporation
Prisoners With Jobs
#300 - 2014-07-11 16:20:35 UTC
Rajeet Achmar wrote:
Dread Operative wrote:

You coming to save your masters? or?

How do you save Level 5 missions?