These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Crime & Punishment

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

Bring me the head of a CFC titan pilot!

First post First post
Author
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#821 - 2014-07-02 23:28:20 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
They claim that "logging in and getting into fleets" matters, while ISK does not

~6 months and he's still arguing against a position that literally no one has stated except himself.
Every time I post this on his blog he deletes the comment. I guess here he will click "show" (because he blocks me, in his words, because I give him a headache) then he will instantly get a pain in his brain from the cognitive dissonance and pretend he hasn't seen it.

Then maybe on Monday he will claim "the goons" are still saying ISK doesn't matter.

Yeah, this is quite actually at "legit mental break over a video game" at this point.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Gevlon Goblin
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#822 - 2014-07-04 04:14:00 UTC
In June Marmite killed 273B CFC (all time record), Lemmings killed 20B before they closed and MoA killed 109B.

Totally irrelevant numbers. The GRR project is a total failure. I think I just go to the corner and cry. I can't even tell what could cheer me up. Maybe a dead CFC titan.

My blog: greedygoblin.blogspot.com

Froggy Storm
KarmaFleet
Goonswarm Federation
#823 - 2014-07-04 04:49:17 UTC
Anyone in GSF have a ready number of how many kills the cfc has in its blue space?

If marmite kills in HS count, then CFC hostile kills could put the loss ratio in perspective on home soil. To see how significant those numbers are.
Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#824 - 2014-07-04 04:53:24 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
In June Marmite killed 273B CFC (all time record), Lemmings killed 20B before they closed and MoA killed 109B.

Totally irrelevant numbers. The GRR project is a total failure.

Actually this is the first time you are right.
Just look at how Cfc crumbles at your feet - they totally don't own half of null and totally don't have the biggest power of them all: http://eve-dingo.com/coalition.php , while you spend all your time fixing your depleting wallet for the last 6(!) months . Full success for you!

http://evernus.com - the ultimate multiplatform EVE trade tool + nullsec Alliance Market tool

Arkady Romanov
Whole Squid
#825 - 2014-07-04 05:17:49 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:

Totally irrelevant numbers. The GRR project is a total failure. I think I just go to the corner and cry. I can't even tell what could cheer me up. Maybe a dead CFC titan.

And yet our roams continue, our SRP continues to be paid, our jump bridges are fuelled, our industry will boom with the next patch, and morale is high.

You are trying to kill us by bankrupting us. You have a few hundred billion total. We have many members who have that and more. Separate to that, we collect trillions per month in rent, moongoo sales, and various taxes.

PL/N3 have similar earning power, resources to us and a unified GRR Goons mentality and they still can't do it.

How do you figure you are somehow more competent than either of us?

Whole Squid: Get Inked.

Dave Stark
#826 - 2014-07-04 08:23:15 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:
Totally irrelevant numbers. The GRR project is a total failure.

not sure if epiphany, or bad attempt at sarcasm...
Khanh'rhh
Sparkle Motion.
#827 - 2014-07-04 08:55:08 UTC  |  Edited by: Khanh'rhh
Gevlon Goblin wrote:

Totally irrelevant numbers.

You finally say something worthwhile.

e.g. please compare your numbers to a similar period before your grrr project. What's that, they were sometimes higher, sometimes lower?

Huh. Weird eh.

Why, it's almost like you would expect a coalition of 30k people to lose a lot of stuff over a month.

You say "didn't want that 3T anyway hurr hurr"

But it's really "Had fun whilst losing ~100mil per person"

I know you're going to reject this, on the basis that you have no concept of what fun is, but I urge you to dig deep, and see if you can't realize you're wasting your life, arguing against yourself about things that happen in a videogame.

"Do not touch anything unnecessarily. Beware of pretty girls in dance halls and parks who may be spies, as well as bicycles, revolvers, uniforms, arms, dead horses, and men lying on roads -- they are not there accidentally." -Soviet infantry manual,

Arkady Romanov
Whole Squid
#828 - 2014-07-04 09:25:00 UTC
Khanh'rhh wrote:
I know you're going to reject this, on the basis that you have no concept of what fun is, but I urge you to dig deep, and see if you can't realize your wasting you're life, arguing against yourself about things that happen in a videogame.

I lost a 65 million ISK Scythe FI yesterday. I will get paid 100 million for dying in it, and I went 3v1 and won before it died to a bait Brutix.

Gevlon, what conclusion would you draw from that?

Whole Squid: Get Inked.

Alp Khan
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#829 - 2014-07-04 11:13:19 UTC
Looks like Gevlon actually reached out and demanded posting support. Poor Tora, no amount of patience could make me tolerate those infamous Gevlongrams.

(Gevlon likes to highlight his love of capitalism in those, with the addition of other delusional ramblings)
Maichin Civire
#830 - 2014-07-05 08:50:49 UTC
Looking through his blog, I can tell that he's either out of ideas, or he start to realise that his own crusade is pointless... I don't want this thread or whole GRR Goon idea to die, it brings so much fun.
Gevlon Goblin
Science and Trade Institute
Caldari State
#831 - 2014-07-08 05:05:59 UTC
"Logically coherent but not based on facts" = religion
"Flinging poo and seeing what sticks" = science

The first gets you respect. The second gets you results.

My blog: greedygoblin.blogspot.com

Pete Butcher
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#832 - 2014-07-08 05:20:38 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:

Whoa, where did you get that? Science is stating a thesis and using observation and experiment to further refine, accept or drop it. You frantically make up stuff using flawed logic, do no accept any kind of criticism and assume you are always right. When reality proves how wrong you are, you just jump on to another assumption and prepare/misinterpret some data as its basis. What you do is the most irrational and anti-scientific way to approach problems. Ever heard of the scientific method? You should try it sometime.

http://evernus.com - the ultimate multiplatform EVE trade tool + nullsec Alliance Market tool

Radric Davids
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#833 - 2014-07-08 12:18:55 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:

God I freaking love Gevlon's cameo's in this discussion. Just perfect
Radric Davids
GoonWaffe
Goonswarm Federation
#834 - 2014-07-08 14:02:56 UTC
Gevlon Goblin wrote:

Based on this little nugget of wisdom, which category do you fall under?

Because you certainly have not earned any respect, and I don't see any titan killmails.
virm pasuul
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#835 - 2014-07-09 14:55:49 UTC  |  Edited by: virm pasuul
I like the Goon concept and I think the Goons bring a ton of great content to the Eve sandbox.

But after reading all the Goon tears and playground insults in this thread I can't help but take away the impression that Gevlon has done a real number on the Goons in terms of material losses and all the tears in this thread.

The amount of effort put into this thread alone justifies Gevlon's spend.

In propaganda terms you guys are loosing here.
Didn't want those ships anyway.

I'm surprised the Goon high command hasn't declared this thread off limits. This thread is a damage over time with no tick limit.
virm pasuul
Imperial Academy
Amarr Empire
#836 - 2014-07-09 17:19:28 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I really thought with the mittani website you Goon gals and guys had propaganda down to a fine art.
It's bloody brilliant and some of the tears it generates are priceless, you can really see the intended effectiveness of the propaganda on the desired targets.
I just assumed ( deluded myself ) that this would be a Goonwide standard of excellence in propaganda.

I should have remembered it's the same old Goon story - the real excellence is very tightly clustered at the top pulling the puppet strings. The rank and file act like the apes at the start of Kubrick's 2001 A Space Oddesy.

Despite my harsh words I'm only being critical of the propaganda damage I believe you guys are self inflicting in this thread, not Goons in general. I am thankful to all Goons and the great content you all bring to Eve. Eve would be a much worse place without you. I wish there were more Goons in Eve :)

I'm gonna scoot now *Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal.
Tauranon
Weeesearch
CAStabouts
#837 - 2014-07-10 06:48:03 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
virm pasuul wrote:
I really thought with the mittani website you Goon gals and guys had propaganda down to a fine art.
It's bloody brilliant and some of the tears it generates are priceless, you can really see the intended effectiveness of the propaganda on the desired targets.
I just assumed ( deluded myself ) that this would be a Goonwide standard of excellence in propaganda.

I should have remembered it's the same old Goon story - the real excellence is very tightly clustered at the top pulling the puppet strings. The rank and file act like the apes at the start of Kubrick's 2001 A Space Oddesy.

In 2007 when I started, goons were goons and goblin was db preacher posting nice little tabulations of goon losses. In the time from then until now goons kicked db preacher out of null, rented db preachers homeland, and due to a quirk of when the old forums changed - stole the alliance tag off db preachers nice little forum posts about goon losses.

The amusing parallels with goblins alliance being taken and him being evicted from his pi hole aren't lost on me, and it would seem that tracking a stat that is closely associated with goon activity has always been a terrible method of foretelling their doom.
Quote:

Despite my harsh words I'm only being critical of the propaganda damage I believe you guys are self inflicting in this thread, not Goons in general. I am thankful to all Goons and the great content you all bring to Eve. Eve would be a much worse place without you. I wish there were more Goons in Eve :)

I'm gonna scoot now
*Snip* Please refrain from personal attacks. ISD Ezwal..

I'm already getting the Groundhog Day parallels with this thread, ie goon ship losses tracks activity not military failure. Goon system and station losses track military failure. Such things when they occur will probably occur with reduced ship losses because a root cause of space loss is low activity and fleets too small to engage that get stood down. Ie gevlon is literally predicting in the opposite direction to how goons ( or null ) works.

If you actually read the thread and introduced useful points instead of a rehash of grrrrr goon, then you might draw a more reasoned response.
ISD Ezwal
ISD Community Communications Liaisons
ISD Alliance
#838 - 2014-07-13 00:57:11 UTC  |  Edited by: ISD Ezwal
I have removed some rule breaking posts and those quoting them. As always I let some edge cases stay.
Please people, keep it on topic and above all civil!

The Rules:
4. Personal attacks are prohibited.

Commonly known as flaming, personal attacks are posts that are designed to personally berate or insult another forum user. Posts of this nature are not beneficial to the community spirit that CCP promote and as such they will not be tolerated.

5. Trolling is prohibited.

Trolling is a defined as a post that is deliberately designed for the purpose of angering and insulting other players in an attempt to incite retaliation or an emotional response. Posts of this nature are disruptive, often abusive and do not contribute to the sense of community that CCP promote.

26. Off-topic posting is prohibited.

Off-topic posting is permitted within reason, as sometimes a single comment may color or lighten the tone of discussion. However, excessive posting of off-topic remarks in an attempt to derail a thread may result in the thread being locked, or a forum warning being issued.

Thread reopened.

ISD Ezwal Community Communication Liaisons (CCLs)

John Ending
University of Caille
Gallente Federation
#839 - 2014-07-13 03:31:22 UTC
This dude just nuked my page 50 snipe..

That was the highlight of this thread What?
Istyn
Freight Club
#840 - 2014-07-13 03:57:34 UTC
Welcome to C&P.