These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

EVE General Discussion

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

Hi Resolution Texture Pack - Show Your Support!!!

First post First post
Author
Uriel Paradisi Anteovnuecci
Itsukame-Zainou Hyperspatial Inquiries Ltd.
Arataka Research Consortium
#2701 - 2014-07-01 18:47:15 UTC
eug3nio Anninen wrote:
+1
my gtx 660 is awaiting

What a coincidence Big smile

I need this haha
DownTwisTeD
Doomheim
#2702 - 2014-07-02 14:10:15 UTC
Like I mean I need things fixed in eve not better too much to afford graphics to deal with right now.
ian papabear
No Regard.
#2703 - 2014-07-03 00:57:24 UTC
this is me supporting this

.

Yishna Strone
Perkone
Caldari State
#2704 - 2014-07-03 20:34:06 UTC
I support this as well.
Just got a new set of 760s on my desktop, and a brand new laptop with a 860m on it.
Mina Sebiestar
Minmatar Inner Space Conglomerate
#2705 - 2014-07-04 13:38:35 UTC
was i here?

i bet a didn't.

supported.

You choke behind a smile a fake behind the fear

Because >>I is too hard

Grobalobobob Bob
Hedion University
Amarr Empire
#2706 - 2014-07-04 13:46:15 UTC
I'm in favour of it because I'm a carebear and like pretty ships whilst I do my level 4s..

+1

BUT,

I'm curious why people high res texture pack, when virtually all 'epic' battles appear to be viewed from this perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZWaKSCaxgc

Wouldn't a high res texture pack make things slower? god forbid TiDi as well..
Juno Libertas
The Icarus Expedition
Solyaris Chtonium
#2707 - 2014-07-08 06:24:50 UTC
Necro Thread Bump!
Yabba Addict
Perkone
Caldari State
#2708 - 2014-07-08 09:02:39 UTC
eug3nio Anninen wrote:
+1
my gtx 660 is awaiting


+1
Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#2709 - 2014-07-08 16:11:33 UTC
Grobalobobob Bob wrote:

Wouldn't a high res texture pack make things slower? god forbid TiDi as well..


Yes, it would - if you are careless enough to actually activate high-res texture pack when going to a massive battle. Smile Textures are a client side feature and optionally higher resolution textures are activated on your client when you want it Blink
Ramona McCandless
The McCandless Clan
#2710 - 2014-07-08 16:13:10 UTC
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:

if you are careless enough to actually activate high-res texture pack when going to a massive battle. Smile Textures are a client side feature and optionally higher resolution textures are activated on your client when you want it Blink


You seem to be under the impression they would make it toggleable

Just like the jump animation isnt

That's why Im against it, it would make the game unplayable for me (unlike the warp animation, which I like)

"Yea, some dude came in and was normal for first couple months, so I gave him director." - Sean Dunaway

"A singular character could be hired to penetrate another corps space... using gorilla like tactics..." - Chane Morgann

Antihrist Pripravnik
Scorpion Road Industry
#2711 - 2014-07-08 16:18:01 UTC  |  Edited by: Antihrist Pripravnik
Ramona McCandless wrote:
Antihrist Pripravnik wrote:

if you are careless enough to actually activate high-res texture pack when going to a massive battle. Smile Textures are a client side feature and optionally higher resolution textures are activated on your client when you want it Blink


You seem to be under the impression they would make it toggleable

Just like the jump animation isnt

That's why Im against it, it would make the game unplayable for me (unlike the warp animation, which I like)


Logic says that they would...
Previous experience... well I'm not so sure Lol (I still feel the GPU heat from forced CQ in Incarna Big smile)
Miichael Epic
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2712 - 2014-07-08 16:38:42 UTC
All I personally want to do is be able to skin my Skiff yellow lol it doesn't have an ORE development edition version and that sucks!
Solar Archon
Doomheim
#2713 - 2014-07-08 17:23:27 UTC
+1
Would love a high res texture pack.

Nighthawk needs it's own unique hull model.

Viceran Phaedra
Instar Heavy Industries
#2714 - 2014-07-23 07:42:45 UTC
+1

For the third time.

Chief Executive Officer

Instar Heavy Industries

Gerald Taric
NEO DYNAMICS
#2715 - 2014-07-23 09:34:30 UTC
optional high resolution texture pack? oh YES!
BrundleMeth
What IU Doing
Brothers of Tangra
#2716 - 2014-07-23 09:48:51 UTC
This is another AFK cloaking thread isn't it???

Just lock this already. We're NEVER gonna see this anyway...
Heinrich Erquilenne
The Scope
Gallente Federation
#2717 - 2014-07-23 09:56:50 UTC
Please devs make my graphic card burn! I have good stuff at home and the current textures are ugly (as in really ******* ugly). Materials especially. They look horrible. Please help \o/
DeeFunct Kumamato
Perkone
Caldari State
#2718 - 2014-07-23 14:19:01 UTC
Hell Yes!

+1
Trosh Aumer
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#2719 - 2014-07-23 14:43:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Trosh Aumer
Yes plz!

Edit: Or at least make the vexor look like it wasn't designed for the N64
eug3nio Anninen
Deep Core Mining Inc.
Caldari State
#2720 - 2014-07-24 11:12:04 UTC
Grobalobobob Bob wrote:
I'm in favour of it because I'm a carebear and like pretty ships whilst I do my level 4s..

+1

BUT,

I'm curious why people high res texture pack, when virtually all 'epic' battles appear to be viewed from this perspective:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZWaKSCaxgc

Wouldn't a high res texture pack make things slower? god forbid TiDi as well..



intersting.......i have to agree ,
this is a real issue to discussion,
i like eve overall graphics , could be better ( dudes it's 2014 ) ,
but the real problem is the camera system

somebody i guess should remember an old thing ( already implemented in homeworld 2 ) called non-geometric scaling
where ships dimension are altered to let you see ships even if are very very distant as a little closer
to give you the impression of "dog-fighting" .

this is an option , ofcourse , but from my POV , the epicness of a scene , is more about camera system then the implementation
of huge textures , and that's a shame ...cause if texturing implementation require a lot of work, camera movment ( for example in warp drive ) and glitches like the dis-allineation in warp gates and stargates have no exuse at all.....


peacE!!

e**ug3n[u]i**o[/u]