These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Ships & Modules

 
  • Topic is locked indefinitely.
 

pyfa 1.15.0 (Vanguard)

First post First post First post
Author
Robin Cervenka
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#381 - 2014-05-12 00:16:07 UTC  |  Edited by: Robin Cervenka
Just added in the gecko. You can find the updated eve.db here https://copy.com/96mjmgydkBXAhSEU

Remember to back up your old database beforehand, etc. etc. etc.

Screenshot, btw: http://i.imgur.com/gS7wZuX.png

Edit: So yeah, pyfa isn't doing the tracking bonus from the Ishtar on it yet, I'll troubleshoot that issue sometime this week.
Hal Lee
Imperial Shipment
Amarr Empire
#382 - 2014-05-13 13:04:44 UTC  |  Edited by: Hal Lee
Robin Cervenka wrote:
Just added in the gecko.


Something is definitely off with the Gecko. It's not getting nearly the DPS that it gets in-game. In-game with my Stratios I get 651 drone DPS, but in PYFA with the same fit and the same 2 Geckos it's showing only 541 drone DPS. (With my character imported, of course.)

http://puu.sh/8KCjf.jpg
Isabelle Warda
NullPointerException
#383 - 2014-05-13 21:33:06 UTC  |  Edited by: Isabelle Warda
Hi Guys,

I downloaded both the zip and exe files for windows, I tried both of them, but the import function is not working for me.
I used this version: 1.1.22

I can export the fittings to XML, but when I want to import, nothing happens.
The loading bar appears for a split second and that's it. I don't see my fit.

Can you help me, what I am doing wrong?

The exported XML, that I tried to import: http://pastebin.com/8BvQcLrM

Thanks,
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#384 - 2014-05-13 22:02:13 UTC
Isabelle Warda wrote:
Hi Guys,

I downloaded both the zip and exe files for windows, I tried both of them, but the import function is not working for me.
I used this version: 1.1.22

I can export the fittings to XML, but when I want to import, nothing happens.
The loading bar appears for a split second and that's it. I don't see my fit.

Can you help me, what I am doing wrong?

The exported XML, that I tried to import: http://pastebin.com/8BvQcLrM

Thanks,


Yes, XML import broke with 1.1.22. It's due to a bad indent and has been fixed internally. You can apply the patch here: https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/commit/38bd33dce48e946c6d34c2d04f1ac46e4acadd78

Or simply replace the whole file with the version from that commit:
https://github.com/DarkFenX/Pyfa/blob/38bd33dce48e946c6d34c2d04f1ac46e4acadd78/eos/saveddata/fit.py
Isabelle Warda
NullPointerException
#385 - 2014-05-13 22:19:36 UTC  |  Edited by: Isabelle Warda
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
...


Thanks, it is working!

Edit:
Although when I want to import an XML which has more then one fittings then I experience the same problem.

The file I used: http://pastebin.com/1ggjg9DB

Thanks
Isabelle Warda
NullPointerException
#386 - 2014-05-13 22:30:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Isabelle Warda
.
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#387 - 2014-05-13 22:46:50 UTC  |  Edited by: Sable Blitzmann
Isabelle Warda wrote:
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
...


Thanks, it is working!

Edit:
Although when I want to import an XML which has more then one fittings then I experience the same problem.

The file I used: http://pastebin.com/1ggjg9DB

Thanks


I cannot reproduce with dev branch. I am using that file, and all fittings import correctly. Please note that when importing multiple fittings, they do not open like the single fit import does. Please browse to the ships and verify that they are or are not there.

If not, please try the latest nightly build: http://blitzmann.it.cx/pyfa-nightly/ (note that Windows installers are not automatically generated, just the packaged version)

If that still doesn't work, let me know. =)
Robin Cervenka
Sebiestor Tribe
Minmatar Republic
#388 - 2014-05-13 23:42:58 UTC
Hal Lee wrote:
Robin Cervenka wrote:
Just added in the gecko.


Something is definitely off with the Gecko. It's not getting nearly the DPS that it gets in-game. In-game with my Stratios I get 651 drone DPS, but in PYFA with the same fit and the same 2 Geckos it's showing only 541 drone DPS. (With my character imported, of course.)

http://puu.sh/8KCjf.jpg


I think I know exactly what's happening here, and can probably fix it tonight if I have the time.
Isabelle Warda
NullPointerException
#389 - 2014-05-14 18:46:38 UTC
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
..


Thanks, now I see my other fits too.

Can I make a suggestion:
Is it possible to show the fitted ships on the "Ships" tab in another way, for example in a separate "tree" under the ships (or just create another tab next to the "Ships" and there could be all the imported ships)?
Because for noobs like me, it is rather difficult to find the saved ships in that tree (I know that I can search for it, but it would be nice to see all my saved ships in one place).

Thanks,

PS: Keep up the good work!
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#390 - 2014-05-14 21:18:12 UTC
Isabelle Warda wrote:
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
..


Thanks, now I see my other fits too.

Can I make a suggestion:
Is it possible to show the fitted ships on the "Ships" tab in another way, for example in a separate "tree" under the ships (or just create another tab next to the "Ships" and there could be all the imported ships)?
Because for noobs like me, it is rather difficult to find the saved ships in that tree (I know that I can search for it, but it would be nice to see all my saved ships in one place).

Thanks,

PS: Keep up the good work!


I am not sure I understand what you are suggesting. Are you suggesting a tree view like the market has? The would require an overhaul of the existing design, and I believe it goes against the intended design philosophy of Pyfa. Are you able to pinpoint what it is exactly about the current ship browser navigation that is confusing or intuitive? I am of the opinion that it's fairly easy to grasp and find ships that you're looking for, however I've also been using it for years so I may be biased.

Open to suggestions, however we will probably not be looking at any major redesign of UI elements. We may be able to implement some sort of basic tree functionality as an option when Pyfa is rewritten -- you never know. =)
Isabelle Warda
NullPointerException
#391 - 2014-05-14 23:22:51 UTC  |  Edited by: Isabelle Warda
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
..


Well, for me it is difficult to find my fitted ships under the "Ships" tab. Since I am a very new player, sometimes I can't remember the name of the ship (maybe I am the only one with a bad memory :) ).
So when I want to find a ship after I loaded my fittings, sometimes I have to think for 5 seconds to figure the name out, but of course I can't remember, so I have to go to eve online, check the fits in game and when I find my ship there, I can search for the same ship in pyfa :)

So for example a similar structure would be nice in pyfa:
There would be a third tab next the "Ships" tab and you would find a tree there, with the ships from the loaded XML (#1 option).

But if this is against the design, then maybe would it be possible to just show a number (the amount of the saved ships) next to the type of ships in the "Ships" tab (#2 option).
You can see what I am talking about on this image: http://tozo.info/pyfa_ui_1.png
On the image you can see a number next to Battleship and next to Cruisers (that number would mean the amount of fittings under that type). So if I have one battleship fitting, then after the xml loaded, that number would be one.

This way at least I can see what type of fittings I have.

I hope I was able to describe the situation clearly enough :)

Thanks again!
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#392 - 2014-05-15 04:00:13 UTC
Isabelle Warda wrote:
Sable Blitzmann wrote:
..


Well, for me it is difficult to find my fitted ships under the "Ships" tab. Since I am a very new player, sometimes I can't remember the name of the ship (maybe I am the only one with a bad memory :) ).
So when I want to find a ship after I loaded my fittings, sometimes I have to think for 5 seconds to figure the name out, but of course I can't remember, so I have to go to eve online, check the fits in game and when I find my ship there, I can search for the same ship in pyfa :)

So for example a similar structure would be nice in pyfa:
There would be a third tab next the "Ships" tab and you would find a tree there, with the ships from the loaded XML (#1 option).

But if this is against the design, then maybe would it be possible to just show a number (the amount of the saved ships) next to the type of ships in the "Ships" tab (#2 option).
You can see what I am talking about on this image: http://tozo.info/pyfa_ui_1.png
On the image you can see a number next to Battleship and next to Cruisers (that number would mean the amount of fittings under that type). So if I have one battleship fitting, then after the xml loaded, that number would be one.

This way at least I can see what type of fittings I have.

I hope I was able to describe the situation clearly enough :)

Thanks again!


I don't believe this meets the design of Pyfa. There is no reason to have a tab dedicated to already saved fits as that is the purpose of the ship browser (the "Ships" tab). Not only that, but a tab with all fits would become unruly very quickly. As you become more familiar with the game it'll come easier to find the ships you're looking for, and thus the fits. There is a feature in the ship listings of the ship browser that shows how many fits there are per ship. There's also a button that will filter out the ships that have 0 fittings (icon is the green crossarrows).

I am still confused as to how you're having difficulty in finding your fits, tho. I may just not be understanding the issue, but you state that you need to find the ship in EVE to remember what it is in Pyfa. To find it in EVE you need to know what kind of ship it is. This is the same way in Pyfa. Pyfa also has a search function that makes it easy. If you want to find a fit but you can't remember the fit name, search for the ship name. If you can't remember what ship it is, but remember you named it "EPICDEATH", just search for that.

However, while looking at this, I do find that when importing multiple fits, it would be nice to show the fits that were just imported. I'll file a todo and see where it goes. ;)
StinGer ShoGuN
Pragmatic Kernel
Shadow Cartel
#393 - 2014-05-15 09:48:53 UTC
Isabelle Warda wrote:

Blahblahblah


Hey Isabelle, thanks for your feedback, it's interesting to have the one of a new comer. Blink
I understand very well what you're asking for. Without knowing all the ship names and categories you're a bit lost. I also sometimes get irritated when, for instance, I have to project a fit onto another: you have to go all the way back to the fit you want to project. And in addition, when I do that, I am often comparing several fits. So it's a back and forth in the ship categories and it's driving me crazy.

While having a tree view might simplify navigation, I would not like it anyway. Why ? Because I have hundreds of fits stored in PyFa and browsing through all of 'em would be awful and impossible.

So while for you for now, it would be easier, for old players like me, if would be disgusting. That is the problem when designing a piece of software, you need to imagine all the possible use cases and make a choice. Unfortunately, the choice made here is not really new comers friendly.
But hang around ! You'll know all the ship names one day ! Blink

And keep up giving feedback on your daily PyFa usage, it's really awesome. Big smile (At least, I like it and if I ever have time one day, I might put some into PyFa instead of just pointing out bugs -- which remind me of I have spotted a new one).
Isabelle Warda
NullPointerException
#394 - 2014-05-16 16:34:43 UTC  |  Edited by: Isabelle Warda
Sable Blitzmann & StinGer ShoGuN:

Yeah I was thinking about the same thing, maybe I have to be more familiar with the game/ships and it will be easier for me to find the saved fitts.

Thanks

Edit:

Another feature I am thinking of:
What if we would be able to say to pyfa, that show only the items (or group of items) which can be fitted into the "Low Slot" or "Mid Slot", that way we wouldn't have to go through everything to find the "perfect" item (although I am sure that somebody already thought of that, so basically I am just curious what was the reason behind the "rejection" :) ).

Thanks
Sable Blitzmann
24th Imperial Crusade
Amarr Empire
#395 - 2014-05-16 23:03:56 UTC
Isabelle Warda wrote:
Sable Blitzmann & StinGer ShoGuN:

Yeah I was thinking about the same thing, maybe I have to be more familiar with the game/ships and it will be easier for me to find the saved fitts.

Thanks

Edit:

Another feature I am thinking of:
What if we would be able to say to pyfa, that show only the items (or group of items) which can be fitted into the "Low Slot" or "Mid Slot", that way we wouldn't have to go through everything to find the "perfect" item (although I am sure that somebody already thought of that, so basically I am just curious what was the reason behind the "rejection" :) ).

Thanks


Yes, it's been suggested before. It hasn't been rejected to my knowledge, just always on the todo and never materializing.
Wrathful Penguins
The Hatchery
#396 - 2014-05-19 08:34:51 UTC
Odd request and may not be doable but could there be an option to switch the ships/attributes/slots etc between different eve patches? So under file, for example, there was an expansion option and you could select Tyrannis and it'd let you come up with retro fits.
StinGer ShoGuN
Pragmatic Kernel
Shadow Cartel
#397 - 2014-05-19 09:51:25 UTC
That would be extremely hard to do and would require quite some work. In addition, that would mean storing several databases with the items from the different extensions. Not sure we could even find the old databases (on CCP website I'm saying)...

While not impossible, that would be hard and time consuming. But that would be a fun feature indeed. However, I think there are other priorities like implant sets management. Big smile
Wrathful Penguins
The Hatchery
#398 - 2014-05-19 10:50:08 UTC
I mainly want it because Rise and Fozzie literally said "there is no power creep in EVE" at fanfest this year and I am absolutely stunned by that claim and want to put various different ships side by side with then and now.

Any chance of an old install of pyfa I can download?
Steve Ronuken
Fuzzwork Enterprises
Vote Steve Ronuken for CSM
#399 - 2014-05-19 10:53:32 UTC
Any chance of a custom ship adder? (and ideally custom modules?)

I know totally new things (new options. like adding hull rigs) is a lot more difficult, but I'd like to be able to, say, duplicate a fenrir, and then adjust its stats. (I have a somewhat broken pyfa now, from messing with the database for it Blink )

Woo! CSM XI!

Fuzzwork Enterprises

Twitter: @fuzzysteve on Twitter

StinGer ShoGuN
Pragmatic Kernel
Shadow Cartel
#400 - 2014-05-19 11:06:45 UTC
To fix your DB, redownload pyfa and replace ./staticdata/eve.db with the one in the archive.

If you want to play with it, I suggest you duplicate this DB and then play with it. Blink This is definitely the way to go to add new stuff anyway. But you shall not run pyfa while you're changing it. Get sure to close pyfa before you modify it.

Now, regarding old pyfa installs and/or old DBs, it's gonna be quite hard. All previous versions prior to the move to github have been lost. Cry
Which means if you want to use old DBs, you will need to find the data first (obviously) and then convert it for pyfa to use it. The good news is if you write something to convert one old DB, it will work for any DB (theoretically).