These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Mordu's Legion

First post First post First post
Author
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#701 - 2014-05-14 19:33:18 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
Anyone flying those fits you link will soon stop after the first few times they encounter more than ONE ship and die in flames.

Two ships beat one, and for more breaking news grass is also green.
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#702 - 2014-05-14 19:37:44 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
More EFT warrioring crap. And if you don't get a reply or comment, it's not because you're right - it's because some of us are probably blocking/ignoring you.

Lol, you must be really upset. Sorry to burst your bubble there, but if you can't have a adult discussion when I post fits which will be possible and that you dislike, then that is a bit of a shame.
Xequecal
Ministry of War
Amarr Empire
#703 - 2014-05-14 19:50:26 UTC  |  Edited by: Xequecal
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
More EFT warrioring crap. And if you don't get a reply or comment, it's not because you're right - it's because some of us are probably blocking/ignoring you.

The Garmur is overpowered. Which frigate currently in the game can kill an LML Garmur? It ***** on even assault frigates. It's currently better in every way than the pre-nerf Dramiel.
Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#704 - 2014-05-14 20:13:10 UTC
Medalyn Isis wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:
Anyone flying those fits you link will soon stop after the first few times they encounter more than ONE ship and die in flames.

Yes.. which is why everyone doesn't PVP in their multi-billion isk pods and half a bil+ frigs..

You put that kind of isk into pvp ships/pods, they all become OP.
Endo Saissore
Afterburners of Eve'il Inc.
#705 - 2014-05-14 20:15:20 UTC
Medalyn Isis wrote:
Because I am a nice, I have spent some time making a couple of fits with the Garmur so those who keep thinking they will have no problem killing one of these can have their illusion shattered before this makes it onto the live server.

Garmur

Garmur with links

Garmur with links and implants

Garmur with links and implants overheated

As is pretty obvious this is clearly op.

Absolutely no cap or range problems as some were suggesting may be it's achilles heel. And with halos the sig will drop even lower to around 100.

If you manage to lose one of these then it is because you shouldn't be flying one.

I'm going to only look at your first fit because you can't use links and implants to compare ships. If you put links and implants on the garmur then you have to put links and implants on whatever ship its versing.

How did you manage to get a 56km lock range on a frig that only has a base lock range of half of that?

122 dps? Guess what, my astero can perma tank that and put out more dps.

And lastly you're using a whole lot of faction gear to get a baseline fit.

This eft warrior nonsense is a waste of time.
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#706 - 2014-05-14 20:16:51 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:

Yes.. which is why everyone doesn't PVP in their multi-billion isk pods and half a bil+ frigs..

Like I said, if you can't afford to spend that kind of isk on a faction frigate, which really is not that much at all for a faction frigate (under 150mil on the mods) then you should not be flying the ship.
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#707 - 2014-05-14 20:23:23 UTC  |  Edited by: Medalyn Isis
Endo Saissore wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:
Because I am a nice, I have spent some time making a couple of fits with the Garmur so those who keep thinking they will have no problem killing one of these can have their illusion shattered before this makes it onto the live server.

Garmur

Garmur with links

Absolutely no cap or range problems as some were suggesting may be it's achilles heel. And with halos the sig will drop even lower to around 100.

If you manage to lose one of these then it is because you shouldn't be flying one.

I'm going to only look at your first fit because you can't use links and implants to compare ships. If you put links and implants on the garmur then you have to put links and implants on whatever ship its versing.

This is why I linked four fits for a fair comparison. The fact is you are going to get some people flying it with full links and implants which is why you do need to consider all of them.

Endo Saissore wrote:
How did you manage to get a 56km lock range on a frig that only has a base lock range of half of that?

It is from the two Ionic field projector IIs, that is all that is needed.

Also, I'm getting the impression there are a lot of scrubs commenting on this, 150mil for mods on a faction frigate really is not that much, particularly a kiting one which is not going to be easily killed. You will definitely see fits like this in combat I will guarantee it. Some people will burn 10x this amount of isk on a ship quite happily.
Kagura Nikon
Native Freshfood
Minmatar Republic
#708 - 2014-05-14 20:23:37 UTC
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:

LEt see. wait 2 months after the expansion hits and comapre what YOUR results will be with your ideas agaisnt what Pursuit of Happyness will achieve. ok? But please do not cry after....

Although let's be fair and clear about this. Persuit of happiness gets its kills by declaring war on corps in hisec than then using out of corp toons in boosting ships and logistics in order to keep them invulnerable until they are used, thus always keeping the advantage and never actually engaging in a fair fight. PoH also only fights on a gate in mega-tanked T3s, maximising escape possibilities.

Not that I mind, you must play the game as you wish, but let's compare apples with apples, eh?

You celarly do not know us. We seldom fight in theorethical disadvantage. If we engaged only in advantage situatiosn we woudl get never any fun fight. Obviously we are not dumb to engage in any fight we have zero chance to win. The fights where we are in advantage are not he oens we brag about.. we are not dumb we know they are meaningless skillwise. But these are not all the fights we have.

We do Use gang bonuses adn ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE in high sec. ITs as simple as using bubles in 0.0.

"If brute force does not solve your problem....  then you are  surely not using enough!"

Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#709 - 2014-05-14 20:25:32 UTC
Endo Saissore wrote:

He burned a stupid amount of calibration and rig slots on getting it to do that, giving up other options just to get the lock range on it, which means that he's weak in other areas (notably his tank).

Also his fits are garbage, that thing tanks a pitiful amount of damage for the money he's invested in that fit alone, to say nothing of the fact that the changed succubus will probably rip it to pieces.

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

FT Diomedes
The Graduates
#710 - 2014-05-14 20:25:35 UTC
Medalyn Isis wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:

We don't balance Eve, a massively multiplayer sandbox game, around honorable 1v1 duels at the sun.

Feel free to fly that ship into my space and die in a fire.

As for what is possible with links... Yes, the links are overpowered.

CCP should add more NPC 0.0 space to open it up and liven things up: the Stepping Stones project.

Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#711 - 2014-05-14 20:26:25 UTC
Kagura Nikon wrote:
Mournful Conciousness wrote:
Kagura Nikon wrote:

LEt see. wait 2 months after the expansion hits and comapre what YOUR results will be with your ideas agaisnt what Pursuit of Happyness will achieve. ok? But please do not cry after....

Although let's be fair and clear about this. Persuit of happiness gets its kills by declaring war on corps in hisec than then using out of corp toons in boosting ships and logistics in order to keep them invulnerable until they are used, thus always keeping the advantage and never actually engaging in a fair fight. PoH also only fights on a gate in mega-tanked T3s, maximising escape possibilities.

Not that I mind, you must play the game as you wish, but let's compare apples with apples, eh?

You celarly do not know us. We seldom fight in theorethical disadvantage. If we engaged only in advantage situatiosn we woudl get never any fun fight. Obviously we are not dumb to engage in any fight we have zero chance to win. The fights where we are in advantage are not he oens we brag about.. we are not dumb we know they are meaningless skillwise. But these are not all the fights we have.

We do Use gang bonuses adn ABSOLUTELY EVERYONE in high sec. ITs as simple as using bubles in 0.0.

Yes, not sure where you get that from. Nikon's corp are good pvp'ers and so they do have some idea what they are talking about.
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#712 - 2014-05-14 20:28:31 UTC
Grath Telkin wrote:
Endo Saissore wrote:

He burned a stupid amount of calibration and rig slots on getting it to do that, giving up other options just to get the lock range on it, which means that he's weak in other areas (notably his tank).

Also his fits are garbage, that thing tanks a pitiful amount of damage for the money he's invested in that fit alone, to say nothing of the fact that the changed succubus will probably rip it to pieces.

The tank is fine considering it is a kiting ship. You shouldn't be getting hit too much and the ancillary repper will shrug off most the damage. With kiting ships it is quite easy to disengage when you get overwhelmed. Of course a succubus would rip it to pieces as would any brawling ship. You don't seem to understand that kiting ships are not competing head to head with a brawling ship though.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#713 - 2014-05-14 20:30:45 UTC  |  Edited by: Grath Telkin
Medalyn Isis wrote:
Grath Telkin wrote:
Endo Saissore wrote:

The tank is fine considering it is a kiting ship. You shouldn't be getting hit too much and the ancillary repper will shrug off most the damage. With kiting ships it is quite easy to disengage when you get overwhelmed. Of course a succubus would rip it to pieces as would any brawling ship. You don't seem to understand that kiting ships are not competing head to head with a brawling ship though.

The succubus isn't a brawling ship, hth. Feel free to tell me more about kiting ships though obviously I am new to EVE and enjoy you explaining to me how things work.

EDIT: Quick checks reveal that a standard fit rail harpy obliterates your 400 million isk frigate in a shocking time frame while eating anything your fit tosses out.

Endo Saissore
Afterburners of Eve'il Inc.
#714 - 2014-05-14 20:30:50 UTC
Ahhh.. Sorry I'm at work and didnt recognize the rigs. Honestly have never used them before.

Regardless like I said, an astero can tank that and put out the same dps, so that makes the Garmur right in line if not underpowered with other faction frigs. (I dont think its underpowered, just that fit is)
Mario Putzo
#715 - 2014-05-14 20:31:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Mario Putzo
Medalyn Isis wrote:
Endo Saissore wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:

Garmur

Garmur with links

This is why I linked four fits for a fair comparison. The fact is you are going to get some people flying it with full links and implants which is why you do need to consider all of them.

Endo Saissore wrote:

Also, I'm getting the impression there are a lot of scrubs commenting on this, 150mil for mods on a faction frigate really is not that much, particularly a kiting one which is not going to be easily killed. You will definitely see fits like this in combat I will guarantee it. Some people will burn 10x this amount of isk on a ship quite happily.

The fit is junk. You wasted your rigs to defend against damps. Congrats your ship is ****, you have a garbage tank, you have no utility outside of point and run, other MWD frig will catch you, your missiles are going to hit for **** against that MWDing frig, you can't shut his MWD off with the 60K long point, basically you took the only advantageous thing this ship has, and discarded it.

No Scram....on a ship meant to kite....come on man.

Hey guys look at this ship I made that counters one specific thing, and instantly becomes vulnerable to the very stuff people were saying it wrekt 2 pages ago.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#716 - 2014-05-14 20:35:15 UTC
yea its almost like he spent so much effort on fitting and getting his lock range up that he gimped the ship..odd, who'd have known using FIVE slots up trying to shoehorn crap on and make his lock range longer would have an adverse effect.

If only I wasn't so new at this game that I could understand kiting.

Sniper Smith
Center for Advanced Studies
Gallente Federation
#717 - 2014-05-14 20:36:19 UTC
Medalyn Isis wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:
Sniper Smith wrote:

Like I said, if you can't afford to spend that kind of isk on a faction frigate, which really is not that much at all for a faction frigate (under 150mil on the mods) then you should not be flying the ship.

The hull is one part..
Then you have faction mods, deadspace mods, bil's worth of implants, a second account boosting, etc. Oh and no tank at all to survive long enough for you to flee when someone else does show up.

Those fits are little more than padding for a killboard.
Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#718 - 2014-05-14 20:38:33 UTC
Mario Putzo wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:
Endo Saissore wrote:
Medalyn Isis wrote:

Garmur

Garmur with links

Endo Saissore wrote:

The fit is junk. You wasted your rigs to defend against damps. Congrats your ship is ****, you have a garbage tank, you have no utility outside of point and run, other MWD frig will catch you, your missiles are going to hit for **** against that MWDing frig, you can't shut his MWD off with the 60K long point, basically you took the only advantageous thing this ship has, and discarded it.

No Scram....on a ship meant to kite....come on man.

Hey guys look at this ship I made that counters one specific thing, and instantly becomes vulnerable to the very stuff people were saying it wrekt 2 pages ago.

It seems some of you are not as smart as I thought.

I won't bother replying to your points to be honest because you don't even seem to grasp the concept. You might as well be complaining about why a tank cannot beat a F1 car around a circuit, two completely different things.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#719 - 2014-05-14 20:40:22 UTC
Medalyn Isis wrote:

I won't bother replying to your points to be honest because you don't even seem to grasp the concept. You might as well be complaining about why a tank cannot beat a F1 car around a circuit, two completely different things.

Hey guys I dont like the points being made against my garbage fits so I'm taking my toys and going home.

I feel like you might be like, 7 years old at this point.

Medalyn Isis
Doomheim
#720 - 2014-05-14 20:46:46 UTC
Sniper Smith wrote:
Then you have faction mods, deadspace mods, bil's worth of implants, a second account boosting, etc. Oh and no tank at all to survive long enough for you to flee when someone else does show up.

Those fits are little more than padding for a killboard.

Do you actually play this game. All the mods on the ship I posted, INCLUDUING the faction mods and T2 rigs cost 150mil. If you are balking at spending 150mil on a faction frigate then you shouldn't be flying one. You can even reduce that by swapping the true sansha disruptor for a shadow serpentis or even lower version. But given the bonus to disruptor range the TS disruptor is easily worth it in this case. Also you don't even need any implants as is quite explicit from the four fits I posted, but of course any decent pilot will at least be flying with low grade implants.

I think I give up, it seems people posting on this thread don't understand pvp and are just forum warrioring. Hopefully the feedback will be of some use to Rise anyway. Anyone who wants to challenge this fit I posted can do so on the Test server and I am pretty sure you will either die or not be able to touch me in a 1 on 1 situation.

The guys in fail heap challenge are even saying this frigate is OP. But just seems we got a load of scrubs who don't even pvp commenting in these forums.