These forums have been archived and are now read-only.

The new forums are live and can be found at https://forums.eveonline.com/

Player Features and Ideas Discussion

• Topic is locked indefinitely.

[Kronos] Mordu's Legion

First post First post First post
Author
Trinkets friend
Sudden Buggery
Sending Thots And Players
#341 - 2014-05-13 01:28:52 UTC  |  Edited by: Trinkets friend
Wow.

The cruiser has 10 effective missile launchers with 50% range. A 5 x HML, dualprop, scram-dissy-cap boosted, 1600 plated cruiser is entirely possible, dishing out close to 800 DPS with the sig of a shrivelled walnut. Ultimate range control with 15km scram (no links or OH, say hello to 25km scrams) and 32km dissy (45 OH) paired with dualprop.

CCP Rise - is there ANY intent to keep this game balanced?
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#342 - 2014-05-13 01:32:12 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Trinkets friend wrote:
The cruiser has 10 effective missile launchers with 50% range. A 5 x HML, dualprop, scram-dissy-cap boosted, 1600 plated cruiser is entirely possible, dishing out close to 800 DPS with the sig of a shrivelled walnut. Ultimate range control with 15km scram (no links or OH, say hello to 25km scrams) and 32km dissy (45 OH) paired with dual prop.

Wow, you're kind of exaggerating... With 12 effective launchers, Faction ballistic controls, V skills and +5 implants - even the Tengu can only deal around 750 dps with T2 Fury ammunition. Heavy assault missile launchers, sure - that I can see. But 800 dps on the Orthrus with heavy missiles? Not a chance.

I am currently away, traveling through time and will be returning last week.

Tyberius Franklin
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#343 - 2014-05-13 01:34:29 UTC
Onictus wrote:
Because a point bonus on a battle ship is friggin stupid......

Never said it wasn't, I only asked why having a line that works with each other was OP.
MeBiatch
GRR GOONS
#344 - 2014-05-13 01:38:36 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:

Barghest ... 10% increase to missile launcher ammunition capacity per level

That's a great idea. Make rapid launchers epic

There are no stupid Questions... just stupid people... CCP Goliath wrote:

Ugh ti-di pooping makes me sad.

Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#345 - 2014-05-13 01:40:44 UTC
MeBiatch wrote:

I'd rather see a 50% reload time reduction and keep the warp disruption bonus.

Kaarous Aldurald
Black Hydra Consortium.
#346 - 2014-05-13 01:43:20 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
MeBiatch wrote:

I'd rather see a 50% reload time reduction and keep the warp disruption bonus.

I'd rather see a max ammo increase, honestly.

"Verily, I have often laughed at the weaklings who thought themselves good because they had no claws."

One of ours, ten of theirs.

Best Meltdown Ever.

stoicfaux
#347 - 2014-05-13 01:45:21 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
That's just obnoxious. I would rather see Gecko style ECM drones. Double size heavies with ~2.5 times the effective ECM of a single heavy. It would be different and add some depth to the Mordu LP store.

Yes, but do you mean that in a good way? Lol
Incidentally, that's a toned down version of the Scorpion's ECM bonus.

Getting pummeled by a frying pan while not being able to fight back just dredges up all kinds of bad memories...

Pon Farr Memorial: once every 7 years, all the carebears in high-sec must PvP or they will be temp-banned.

Onictus
Federal Navy Academy
Gallente Federation
#348 - 2014-05-13 01:49:20 UTC
stoicfaux wrote:
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
stoicfaux wrote:
That's just obnoxious. I would rather see Gecko style ECM drones. Double size heavies with ~2.5 times the effective ECM of a single heavy. It would be different and add some depth to the Mordu LP store.

Yes, but do you mean that in a good way? Lol
Incidentally, that's a toned down version of the Scorpion's ECM bonus.

Getting pummeled by a frying pan while not being able to fight back just dredges up all kinds of bad memories...

I still miss her, but my aim is getting better.........
Arthur Aihaken
CODE.d
#349 - 2014-05-13 01:51:40 UTC  |  Edited by: Arthur Aihaken
Kaarous Aldurald wrote:
I'd rather see a max ammo increase, honestly.

I'm fine with that too. So +50% ammunition capacity as an additional role bonus on all 3? (SoE ships have the scanning bonuses and Covert Ops cloak, after all...)

stoicfaux wrote:

I think it could create a lot of great new memories... Big smile

J A Aloysiusz
Risk Breakers
SONS of BANE
#350 - 2014-05-13 02:22:22 UTC  |  Edited by: J A Aloysiusz
Why is it that a combination of the two slowest/highest sig races yields a fast, low sig ship line? With the exception of the ranged point, this looks far more like a combination of minmatar and caldari than gallente and caldari. Missiles, speed, low sig, standard drones? The ranged point is the only gallente feature.

I think the battleship should have -1 high, -1 launcher, 7.5% damage bonus (rather than 5%), and another low slot or mid slot. Preferably a low slot to give it some armor potential (like the mach).
NEONOVUS
Mindstar Technology
Goonswarm Federation
#351 - 2014-05-13 02:28:06 UTC
J A Aloysiusz wrote:
Why is it that a combination of the two slowest/highest sig races yields a fast, low sig ship line? With the exception of the ranged point, this looks far more like a combination of minmatar and caldari than gallente and caldari. Missiles, speed, low sig, standard drones? The ranged point is the only gallente feature.

I think the battleship should have -1 high, -1 launcher, 7.5% damage bonus (rather than 5%), and another low slot or mid slot. Preferably a low slot to give it some armor potential (like the mach).

CCP uses unsigned integers
So when you made them even slower and siggier it caused a buffer underflow making them good again
Deacon Abox
Black Eagle5
#352 - 2014-05-13 02:29:09 UTC
Trinkets friend wrote:
Wow.

The cruiser has 10 effective missile launchers with 50% range. A 5 x HML, dualprop, scram-dissy-cap boosted, 1600 plated cruiser is entirely possible, dishing out close to 800 DPS with the sig of a shrivelled walnut. Ultimate range control with 15km scram (no links or OH, say hello to 25km scrams) and 32km dissy (45 OH) paired with dualprop.

CCP Rise - is there ANY intent to keep this game balanced?

agreed.

wtf. these things will be everywhere owning everything. Straight

CCP, there are off buttons for ship explosions, missile effects, turret effects, etc. "Immersion" does not seem to be harmed by those. So, [u]please[/u] give us a persisting off button for the jump gate and autoscan visuals.

Virtuozone
Spitfire Syndicate
#353 - 2014-05-13 02:38:48 UTC  |  Edited by: Virtuozone
Bringing back the belt game to low sec! I love it!

Caldari Battleship V 2 days after the patch drops! Woo!

Also to everybody that's shouting NERF THESE BOATS! Do notice that a lone Maulus makes both the frigate and the cruiser useless. The frigate with all level 5's with only two damps on it will go down to a 9km (Around 6km with a normal 3 damps) lock range and the crusier will be reduced to 11.25km with three damps on it. (Standard fleet Maulus fit) I don't have any actual numbers as far as cap but they seem to be very vulnerable to neuts as well. Basically they seem like a hard hitting ship that is EXTREMELY vulnerable to all types of EWAR save ECM. I think they're gonna make GREAT solo boats, especially with the missile velocity bonus to make kiting with missiles much easier. (Osprey Navy Issue seems the only boat that can do it at the moment and even at that it's far from optimal)
J A Aloysiusz
Risk Breakers
SONS of BANE
#354 - 2014-05-13 02:42:51 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Trinkets friend wrote:
The cruiser has 10 effective missile launchers with 50% range. A 5 x HML, dualprop, scram-dissy-cap boosted, 1600 plated cruiser is entirely possible, dishing out close to 800 DPS with the sig of a shrivelled walnut. Ultimate range control with 15km scram (no links or OH, say hello to 25km scrams) and 32km dissy (45 OH) paired with dual prop.

Wow, you're kind of exaggerating... With 12 effective launchers, Faction ballistic controls, V skills and +5 implants - even the Tengu can only deal around 750 dps with T2 Fury ammunition. Heavy assault missile launchers, sure - that I can see. But 800 dps on the Orthrus with heavy missiles? Not a chance.

I've flown an armor cynabal like this for a year now, and it's a solid ship despite being low on DPS. Looks like an orthrus can get ~550 dps without any ballistic controls, which means 4 tank slots, standard for an armor cruiser. Good range on HAMs, mids for dual prop and a tracking disruptor... it should be able to fairly easily solo any guns+buffer BC. Solid in my book.
Ravasta Helugo
Republic University
Minmatar Republic
#355 - 2014-05-13 02:45:48 UTC
I agree with the consensus:

Increase Barg damage bonus to 7.5

and/or

50% reload time or capacity bonus

and/or

Replace Barg point bonus with something ******* useful, like ECM
Rajeet Achmar
Rajeet Achmar Corporation
#356 - 2014-05-13 02:57:56 UTC
Arthur Aihaken wrote:
Trinkets friend wrote:

For a second I thought you were saying Tengus could only do 750 max and went "wat", im sure there will be plenty of time as soon as they get on test server to balance anything out, But no doubt the price will make them prohibitive to use if they are that good. Similar to price of Vindi and Machariel in comparison to the rattler.
Ranger 1
Ranger Corp
Vae. Victis.
#357 - 2014-05-13 03:07:14 UTC  |  Edited by: Ranger 1
J A Aloysiusz wrote:

Gallente are the 2nd fastest race on average, usually hindering themselves in that aspect by favoring armor tanking.
In this case we have Gallente speed on a dedicated shield tank... not the fastest, but close.
I don't see a problem with this.

View the latest EVE Online developments and other game related news and gameplay by visiting Ranger 1 Presents: Virtual Realms.

Virtuozone
Spitfire Syndicate
#358 - 2014-05-13 03:08:16 UTC
Ravasta Helugo wrote:
I agree with the consensus:

Increase Barg damage bonus to 7.5

and/or

50% reload time or capacity bonus

and/or

Replace Barg point bonus with something ******* useful, like ECM

Yeah, because we all want so much more ECM.
Grath Telkin
Amok.
Goonswarm Federation
#359 - 2014-05-13 03:09:56 UTC  |  Edited by: Grath Telkin
Somehow not getting that the Battleship is as underwhelming as people say. I personally think its amazing (though I like the torp version with a painter better).

http://i.imgur.com/OKuaeZZ.png

Malcanis - Without drone assign, the slowcat doctrine will wither and die.

Virtuozone
Spitfire Syndicate
#360 - 2014-05-13 03:11:33 UTC  |  Edited by: Virtuozone
Grath Telkin wrote:
Somehow not getting that the Battleship is as underwhelming as people say. I personally think its amazing (though I like the torp version with a painter better).

http://i.imgur.com/Z6QCLRV.png

I'm just curious as to how you got those ships on EFT?